Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:24:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901255 times)
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 05:26:05 PM

atheists hate religions for their many rituals and their hatred they have created with their rituals just look at isis, the crusades or israel today, religious extremists also hate the atheists world few which divides the world into socioeconomic regions to limit the freedom of travel and also the capitalism.

i am not sure who is right i think sometimes too that the universe itself is inteligent and is able to respond to you i just cannot see why and which rituals the universe wants you to do to get something great.

i mean did u play bethesta games? if there would be a god it might be that the prayer would be like a console command which u use in skyrim or fallout in order to cheat something to you, that would be sick/funny and great at the same time.

regards

Scorpio

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
signature200

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 05:33:25 PM

I also don't recognize the rituals which are imposed on a person as religious leaders. When it comes to examples, there is no dependence of the quality of life from that do you follow the rituals or not. Religion is just business projects which want to subjugate the gullible.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 05:40:24 PM

I also don't recognize the rituals which are imposed on a person as religious leaders. When it comes to examples, there is no dependence of the quality of life from that do you follow the rituals or not. Religion is just business projects which want to subjugate the gullible.

You mean the religious rituals of going to the bar? Or those of discussing atheism with other atheists? Or going to the races? Or multitudes of other rituals you do rather religiously throughout your life?

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 07:08:28 PM

You mean the religious rituals of going to the bar? Or those of discussing atheism with other atheists? Or going to the races? Or multitudes of other rituals you do rather religiously throughout your life?

Cool

most people u think of atheists are not atheists they are simply people who 1. dont know, and 2. dont want to know because religious have been approved people are violently spreading their ritualism.
why should someone want to live in a society which sacrifices 10 year old children into mine fields shouting allahu akbar?

just look at mekka and iran today

i mean i dont hate them i just want to have a Trump wall and then i will just look at them whatever they do. they can kill each other for entering the mosque with the wrong foot, i dont mind as long is i am safe from that.

but maybe reality as we know it is just a very big video engine, and we dont live in base reality and reality is beeing created.

regards

Scorpio

MattScott

Activity: 82

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 07:29:55 PM

Cool
Please tell me to pour water during baptism is not a crazy ritual? Or the fact that women are not allowed in Church without a headscarf on her head. And these rituals just hundreds. I do not accept.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 07:53:58 PM

Cool
Please tell me to pour water during baptism is not a crazy ritual? Or the fact that women are not allowed in Church without a headscarf on her head. And these rituals just hundreds. I do not accept.

God wants people to have freedom. At the same time, He wishes that people would do things that are right. It doesn't hurt Him if people do wrong things. It only hurts people.

Since God is powerful beyond our beginning to understand how powerful He is, He is able to do anything He wants. Since He wants people to be baptized with water, and that He will come to them in spirit when they do such, He does it, because He can, no matter how foolish some of us think it is.

There are basically two God-directed rituals. They are Baptism and the Lord's Supper. Circumcision was, for the Hebrew people at one time, and might still be for them if they want to follow the O.T. laws.

Other than that, the rest of the rituals are man made, and often follow local custom. It is honorable for a person to follow local custom. But it is wrong to do when he thinks it is a requirement from God.

We follow lots of little non-religious rituals during everyday life. Many of them are sort of silly, even though they have a basis in the idea of making life better. Same with religious rituals. Nobody makes a formal religion religious ritual just for the fun of making a ritual. All the religious rituals have their base in something that is practical for the religion.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:48:25 PM

In this context I'd say the fool is preaching that the bible knows everything

Scientists do not claim to have all the answers, but are still searching (the wise man)

Perhaps there is someone somewhere who says the Bible knows everything. Outside of the above, I have never heard of it.

One thing is certain. Scientists have extremely few of the answers. For example, after several hundred years of strict and rigorous scientific investigation, science has not found a way to increase the life-span of people to even 200 years. Rather ignorant of science, I would say.

As for the age of the universe and lots of other things, all science has is theories. That is, they don't know.

One of the big points we can deduce from this is, dumb nature knows way more than mankind. Why? Because mankind barely has any way of extracting important knowledge from nature. People who think that they know that the theories are truth, are way closer to the fool than those who recognize that we know almost nothing.

Cool
I am always giving you history lessons ..

For example, after several hundred years of strict and rigorous scientific investigation..WRONG..

rigorous scientific investigation believe it or not it's only just starting NOW..

For 5 thousand years all around the world religions have stopped scientific work..WHY YOU ASK..

Well once people studied science they would find out that god was all in our imaginations so they stopped it.

ISLAM studied science then they stopped it banned it ..
They banned it so much they even say it's a western idea science and learning..

They knew that if people learned and done science that religion would die..
So the king and queens and churches..REMEMBER THEY ARE CLOSER TO GOD THAN ANYONE ELSE..
I.E Show me the money baby.

They would have no followers ..
So they decided to dumb the average human down and make you believe in crazy stuff..
A way of control ..

Even this is going on..
In poor areas the schools they dumb the people down..How you ask..

They give a shit education out so the rich in the private schools are more educated than a poor persons schools..
So when a good job comes along the rich will have more chance than a poor person..

Finland they have no private schools they all get the same education rich and poor..
Everyone got the same chance in life..

They have different sets for different subjects like the smart kids will be in set 1 the less smart in set 5..

All this religion is about the rich and you are playing right in there hands ..

The TAX that gets fiddled through churches is unreal..GOD LOVES PROFITS..

KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 09:47:24 PM

ok i explain atheists hate religions becaus of the violent impoverished societies they create just look at palestine iran/iraq pakistan nigeria afghanistan, religions cause violence for stupid reasons the reasons are ritualism.

why do people flee religious paradise middle east and beg in europe for shelter?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:22:23 PM

ok i explain atheists hate religions becaus of the violent impoverished societies they create just look at palestine iran/iraq pakistan nigeria afghanistan, religions cause violence for stupid reasons the reasons are ritualism.

why do people flee religious paradise middle east and beg in europe for shelter?

This is one religion. It is Islam. Islam has violence directives written right in their book, the Koran - http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm. Most Muslims are Muslims in name, only. They flee because they don't like the violence in their religion... at least when it happens to them.

Most of the other religions are not like this. Most of them don't suggest violence at all in their religious writings. The religion of atheism is different that all. It doesn't have any writings that suggest violence or non-violence. That's why Stalin atheism, and the religions of most other great leaders who were almost atheists, produced some of the greatest violence the world has ever known.

The only reason atheist Putin doesn't act more violent than he does is, history shows us that the people rise up against violence. Putin is simply biding his time, and waiting for the best opportunity.

Cool

frankbit

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:38:55 PM

This is one religion. It is Islam. Islam has violence directives written right in their book, the Koran - http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm. Most Muslims are Muslims in name, only. They flee because they don't like the violence in their religion... at least when it happens to them.

Most of the other religions are not like this. Most of them don't suggest violence at all in their religious writings. The religion of atheism is different that all. It doesn't have any writings that suggest violence or non-violence. That's why Stalin atheism, and the religions of most other great leaders who were almost atheists, produced some of the greatest violence the world has ever known.

The only reason atheist Putin doesn't act more violent than he does is, history shows us that the people rise up against violence. Putin is simply biding his time, and waiting for the best opportunity.

Cool
Well, how do you explain the fact that an atheist Putin sends troops to kill people in other countries, and helps him in this Patriarch Kirill. He is a Christian but at the same time agitating members to participate in these wars in the name of God. How can you believe in God? Why doesn't he punish these people? So I think that it is not.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:55:52 PM

Cool
Well, how do you explain the fact that an atheist Putin sends troops to kill people in other countries, and helps him in this Patriarch Kirill. He is a Christian but at the same time agitating members to participate in these wars in the name of God. How can you believe in God? Why doesn't he punish these people? So I think that it is not.

You explained the Putin fact very well. You said it. What other explanation do you need?

God has His way. Punishment will be given by God after the Judgment.

Cool

Mia Wallace

Activity: 361
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 08:15:49 AM

In one word i could explain. People were living their life as usual when people who wanted oil and their resources started digging in and came running to establish a strong hold and when they could not handle the issues they created this situation and and is the sole reason people are running to get shelter as the terrorist are armed by the US and it alies. Tongue
creepyjas

Activity: 854
Merit: 272

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:16:14 AM

This thread has too many replies. So... answering the question. No, I don't hate religions or... I simply don't care about them. Ever since I was a kid, I rarely go to church (catholic church). My mom is not that religious but she still does go to church. My dad? He stays out of churches - which got me thinking - why? As years pass by, several things happen. My dad died, then my mom (how they died is another story) and I began to question, "If there is really an omnipotent and omniscient god, then why is this happening?" I know death is just part of the cycle.

I don't really go to church (I get bored so easily, I might sleep when the priest starts his sermon) but I know the bible. You see, there's a part in the bible where it states, no idolatry. But some people, especially here, call themselves devotees and they praise statues.

Better of with science, since science can explain, almost everything.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:42:04 PM

Cool
I think even for someone like me, who is not religious person that much, it is common knowledge that God won't punish anyone here on earth, not for any reason. Christian believe that when we die, our actions and decisions in life will be judged, and from what we done in life we will go in Heaven or Hell. So it is wrong to say How can you believe in God? Why doesn't he punish these people? .
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 3474

born once atheist

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 02:28:12 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2017, 02:43:22 AM by sirazimuth

Even if a person happened to be perfect in all his thinking and actions, he would still have genetic "sin," handed down from his parents. Perfection is necessary, because even the least imperfection is not good enough for God.

The only perfection that is good enough is Jesus-perfection. Jesus was perfect in every way. He applies His perfection to us, if we accept it. That's the only way to get to Heaven.

Cool
You are right about that, and i can't argue. But now i have one more question on my mind. If person carries sin by birth, and if he does not believe in God, because he is atheist, or maybe he believe in something like agnostics do. How much sins we can do and still go to Heaven when time comes? And i don't think of sins which you have repented.

The major repentance is to repent from unbelief to faith in Jesus salvation.

Secondary repentances are to do the things that Jesus wants through that faith, and out of love. The greatest command is, "Love God above all things." The second command is, "Love other people as you love yourself."

Perfection was done by Jesus. His application of perfection to us depends on the strength of our faith in Him. However, once we belief in Him, He will hold us strong enough in that faith to be saved. Our good works will never be technically good enough. But they will get better through our faith in Jesus.

Anybody who thinks that he his saved by faith in Jesus, and then goes out and does bad things to other people, while trusting that he will be forgiven, is destroying his own faith in Jesus salvation. At some point, Jesus will let him go. Then, there will be no turning back for him. Don't test God that far.

Cool
You reply was enlightening i must say. I'm not sure if you are religious person, but either you are and that explains how much you know, or you know a lot and that tells me that you are so much open minded that you can learn and speak about religion even if you don't believe in God. I consider my self Agnostic, but i try to be good person, and i like to change opinion with religious people and atheists. Cheesy

What makes something good? You might say that a thing is a good thing. Somebody else might judge it as bad. Why?

Science shows that things are exact...............................................a whole lotta nonsense.....................

...................   for salvation?

Cool
You are totally right, ones person good is..............................................
......................................a whole lot more  nonsense..........................
  .......................................................................                                                                                      
                                                             you don't want to happen to you.

If you didn't understood what we said... than maybe you should go read some light books, which have a lot less philosophical things in it. I guess that some comic book would be good for your state of mind and understanding. Just don't go to library, in literature and classics section, because you can find your self in a lot of stuff you can't understand...

hey Eturnu,
 Just so you know, I didn't understand what you said because its all religious nonsense. and no I don't think
I've read a comic book since I was 10..(it bored the shit outta me)
 BTW, I'm  currently reading "From Bacteria To Bach and Back, The Evolution of Minds" by Daniel C. Dennett...
ever heard of him? No didnt think so. You should try reading some of his stuff rather than that fairy tale bible crap.
You might increase your IQ. And while you're at it, try some Richard Dawkins for evolution or maybe a little Martin Gardener for the
math side. Also, try Richard Feynman if you are into quantum physics. There are some great youtube lectures of his.
Roger Penrose's 'The Emperor's New Mind' is a great read (not sure if your small mind can handle it tho).
or his more recent "Cycles Of Time" .If that's too heavy, you could always try Stephen Hawkings "A Brief History Of Time" ,as that is
aimed at the more layperson type.
Now if you are into debunking the spiritual fraudsters, check out James Randi, he has written many books on the subject.
Check out Neil degrasse Tyson's new "Cosmos". It's a great remake of Carl Sagan's classic.
It's the real story of the universe that is backed up by real evidence rather than a silly fairy tale
of an invisible sky daddy poofing the world into existence in 7 days or some such ridiculous nonsense.
But hey, if you are more interested in engaging delusional pious peeps like BADecker,who simply regurgitates the
same old religious tripe  on this thread 24 -7, be my guest...

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 3474

born once atheist

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 03:30:23 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2017, 03:43:54 AM by sirazimuth

An atheist to God cannot be hate. How can there be hatred of the fact, the existence of whom he does not believe? But if there is hatred to God, that's faith, and so is not atheism.
And if you think daughter is a fool and ready, something out of her to knock, in whose heart hatred? And if it teaches Your God, it is no wonder that your daughter hates him. Believes in and hates. Only if God directs your hatred?

Since God is proven to exist, the atheist would accept God if he didn't hate God. Sure, the hate is often not a fiery thing. Yet it is the basis of the whole life of the atheist... a cold, evil. often unrecognized hating of basic truth.

Here is a look at two proofs that God exists:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1355109.msg14047133#msg14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg16803380#msg16803380.

Cool

you sure like linking back to yourself eh there bud?
hey why do you try linking to something not in bitcointalk? i might even bother to click on it

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
stats

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 07:49:25 AM

An atheist to God cannot be hate. How can there be hatred of the fact, the existence of whom he does not believe? But if there is hatred to God, that's faith, and so is not atheism.
And if you think daughter is a fool and ready, something out of her to knock, in whose heart hatred? And if it teaches Your God, it is no wonder that your daughter hates him. Believes in and hates. Only if God directs your hatred?

Since God is proven to exist, the atheist would accept God if he didn't hate God. Sure, the hate is often not a fiery thing. Yet it is the basis of the whole life of the atheist... a cold, evil. often unrecognized hating of basic truth.

Cool

hey why do you try linking to something not in bitcointalk? i might even bother to click on it

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Well said!!!  He knows no other way!
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 10:16:23 AM

Cool

https://i.imgur.com/UrCSU2u.jpg

It doesn't bother me that you aren't interested in doing research. But when the time comes that God questions you about it, He will remind you that BADecker gave you special prompting, and you simply rejected it. You still have time, however. After all, all you need to do is Google "cause and effect, entropy, complex universe."

Cool

Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 11:16:20 AM

Cool

It doesn't bother me that you aren't interested in doing research. But when the time comes that God questions you about it, He will remind you that BADecker gave you special prompting, and you simply rejected it. You still have time, however. After all, all you need to do is Google "cause and effect, entropy, complex universe."

Cool
What will You do if before death or after it recognize that there is no God? All your life you denied your desires and possibilities in order to find out that after death there is nothing but darkness. Life gave you only one time to use your chance and you lost it.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 08:06:10 PM

Cool

Cool
What will You do if before death or after it recognize that there is no God? All your life you denied your desires and possibilities in order to find out that after death there is nothing but darkness. Life gave you only one time to use your chance and you lost it.

If that happens, it will be because I have intentionally resisted the Holy Spirit working and strengthening faith in me. God promises in His Word that He will not willingly allow any saved person to turn the other way. But, He also says, that a person can do it willfully, if he really works at it.

The fact of the machine quality of the universe will never be destroyed while the universe stands. Because of this, the Maker of the universe machine will always be known.

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: