Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:58:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 [368] 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901254 times)
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 06:45:08 PM

Well, I believe atheists hate religions because they never have one... Seeing people with religion practicing is freaking them out and the only way to express their feelings is by going against that religion which is very bad at all. I hope you guys understand what I mean here, thank you. Grin
That could be the cast also, in some people cases of course. But i think most of people like to be right, and even they believe in something that can not be proven, oh boy its better not to say that they are wrong. Because they will give there belief and try to prove that they are right and that you are wrong. I have meat only two persons with whom i could talk openly about religion, and i was non believing one in both cases Cheesy .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:15:31 PM

Well, I believe atheists hate religions because they never have one... Seeing people with religion practicing is freaking them out and the only way to express their feelings is by going against that religion which is very bad at all. I hope you guys understand what I mean here, thank you. Grin
That could be the cast also, in some people cases of course. But i think most of people like to be right, and even they believe in something that can not be proven, oh boy its better not to say that they are wrong. Because they will give there belief and try to prove that they are right and that you are wrong. I have meat only two persons with whom i could talk openly about religion, and i was non believing one in both cases Cheesy .

I think it is more about 'having answers to everything' than being right.  Having answers provides a mental comfort, it helps people cope with the hardships of life.

The more you know the less need you have to have answers to everything.  

When you do not know much, you fill your understanding with given answers and accept religion.  It is a cop-out.
Most religious people do not care if their world view is true.  They assumed it is true and it is good enough for them.
They do not want to investigate it further.

That is why you hear the arguments: "The Bible says so, so it must be true", or "Who else could create the world with such a complexity?  Only God can do that."
There you are right, no doubt about that. But in that case for that kind of question i always say, that if we don't understand something it does not mean its some kind of miracle or magic Cheesy . What people can do in this day and age, in middle ages and before, they would be magicians or wizards (scientist was wizards in that time) Cheesy . For some people its easier to say its God work, for everything they do not understand or don't want to admit its human error. I do not think that way, that is stupid. I don't like to lie, to my self and other people.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1365

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:05:34 PM

I think it is more about 'having answers to everything' than being right.  Having answers provides a mental comfort, it helps people cope with the hardships of life.

When you do not know much, you fill your understanding with given answers and accept religion.  It is a cop-out.
Most religious people do not care if their world view is true.  They assumed it is true and it is good enough for them.

That is why you hear the arguments: "The Bible says so, so it must be true", or "Who else could create the world with such a complexity?  Only God can do that."
There you are right, no doubt about that. But in that case for that kind of question i always say, that if we don't understand something it does not mean its some kind of miracle or magic Cheesy . What people can do in this day and age, in middle ages and before, they would be magicians or wizards (scientist was wizards in that time) Cheesy . For some people its easier to say its God work, for everything they do not understand or don't want to admit its human error. I do not think that way, that is stupid. I don't like to lie, to my self and other people.

You are not right because of one, major, little point. The more you know, the more you realize that there is way more to know than you will ever find out.

The closest thing to gaining comfort in knowing things is, when you finally realize that you will never find out enough... ever... you can stop trying to find things out, and relax in the despair that you will never find it out.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:28:16 PM

Just because YOU say there wouldn't be any evil around if God existed, doesn't necessarily make it so, right? Got any proof for that idea?

As for my words being false, if they were false, you could rebut them easily. All you do is say that you rebut them. Any rebuttal you have given, I have rebutted easily.

Looks like it is you who are the false one here.

Btw, can I have a ride on your space ship? You know, the one you used to examine all the corners of the universe to make sure God wasn't out there somewhere.

Cool

So, are you saying your god, if real, would be a narcissistic asshole who would allow children to suffer?

Regarding your proof, you still have not answered when someone else has used your links as proof of your god. Can you do that now?

Looks like you are the false one here.

BTW, I do not own a spaceship, I am happy here on earth without a god. I think you are showing your delusions again. Your Psychiatrist might be able to help you with that.

Tsk, tsk. Talking about God like that will get you a place in Hell if you don't do penance.   Cheesy

Well, I someone else used my links as proof of God, I would agree with him. My answer would be congratulations.

Okay, maybe it's not a religion for you. Maybe it's simply a mental disorder.

Cool

A mental disorder is believing the shit you write.

Lying for no reason is a mental disorder. And you have it.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:31:05 PM

You are not right because of one, major, little point. The more you know, the more you realize that there is way more to know than you will ever find out.

The closest thing to gaining comfort in knowing things is, when you finally realize that you will never find out enough... ever... you can stop trying to find things out, and relax in the despair that you will never find it out.

Cool

You got it.  That is what religious people (like yourself) do.  They stop trying.  They cop-out for a solution, even though the solution
is wrong.  This does not matter to them.

But people who say they are atheists, simply lie about their atheism religion when they say that atheism is real, or that God doesn't exist. Since they lie about that, they might be lying about anything. Why even listen to them at all?!

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:45:50 PM

Cool

You got it.  That is what religious people (like yourself) do.  They stop trying.  They cop-out for a solution, even though the solution
is wrong.  This does not matter to them.

But people who say they are atheists, simply lie about their atheism religion when they say that atheism is real, or that God doesn't exist. Since they lie about that, they might be lying about anything. Why even listen to them at all?!

Cool

What are you talking about?  Atheist position is not lying.  

It is just stating a position that there is a lack of any physical evidence in the existence of any deity.
How is it lying?  It is just stating a fact.

It is not about who is right and who is wrong.  It is about what is the truth.

Some unknown, undetectable entity creating Earth 7000 years ago is simply not true.  It is nonsense.

Wrong. If you were only stating a position, you might say that you haven't found any evidence of God, but that since you haven't examined everything, God might exist somewhere that you haven't examined.

However, that isn't what you say. You state definitely that God doesn't exist. Since you know that you haven't checked everywhere, you know that God might exist somewhere you haven't examined. So, you prove yourself to be a liar.

Cool

EDIT: After all, even the evolution idea suggests that God might exist. How? By admitting that we don't know all the details of how evolution might work. Consider:

Imagine that evolution is real. Imagine that in some galaxy things worked a lot faster than evolution did on earth. Imagine that by this time in history some other evolved being had evolved all the way to being able to manipulate the time-space continuum in the same way that God would, using His mind.

You don't know that He hasn't recreated the universe into what it is today, leaving some of the things of evolution-evidence in it. So, God could have evolved, originally, and then changed things so that He always existed with no beginning and no end. And we would never know it if He didn't tell us.

empers

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 08:59:10 PM

When talking about religion I always tell people I'm a apathetic agnost.

Apathetic agnosticism
A view related to apatheism, apathetic agnosticism claims that no amount of debate can prove or disprove the existence of one or more deities, and if one or more deities exist, they do not appear to be concerned about the fate of humans. Therefore, their existence has little to no impact on personal human affairs and should be of little interest. It can be summarized by the statement "I don't know and I don't care."

I truly believe it impossible for mankind to ever fully prove or disprove the existence of some kind of higher power(beyond a shadow of a doubt). I don't mind Atheists or theists as long as their believes don't obstruct me in my daily life. I do however find the whole "god/no god" discussion redundant and a huge waste of time  Smiley and I can't help to mention just that everytime I see such a discussion.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:13:19 PM

Cool

You got it.  That is what religious people (like yourself) do.  They stop trying.  They cop-out for a solution, even though the solution
is wrong.  This does not matter to them.

Cool

What are you talking about?  Atheist position is not lying.  

It is just stating a position that there is a lack of any physical evidence in the existence of any deity.
How is it lying?  It is just stating a fact.

It is not about who is right and who is wrong.  It is about what is the truth.

Some unknown, undetectable entity creating Earth 7000 years ago is simply not true.  It is nonsense.

Wrong. If you were only stating a position, you might say that you haven't found any evidence of God, but that since you haven't examined everything, God might exist somewhere that you haven't examined.

However, that isn't what you say. You state definitely that God doesn't exist. Since you know that you haven't checked everywhere, you know that God might exist somewhere you haven't examined. So, you prove yourself to be a liar.

Cool

Why do I have to examine everything to state that (so far) there is no evidence of this entity? - Who are you asking why you have to state anything or nothing?

I am just stating 'there is no evidence'.  The evidence that people who believe in this shit provide. - Certainly you can state that there is no evidence. How do we know? We know because you have stated it many times.

The proof and evidence for the existence of God is found here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1355109.msg14047133#msg14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg16803380#msg16803380.

Trust me, amateur astronomers have some powerful telescopes, and they watch sky all the time.  They discover stuff before NASA does.

They would report 'God' if there was ANY evidence of it. - Some of them do report such. The simple fact of the order in the heavens is evidence of God.

If you are stating something is true, you should provide the evidence to support your 'true statement' position.

I am just stating there is no evidence (that God exist).  I have nothing to prove. - Proof and evidence is listed in the links above.

I don't have to prove that God does not exist. - True. You don't really have to do anything but die... and then come to life again in the resurrection.

I frankly have little interest in proving the existence or non-existence of God.  All I see is people create imaginary characters to help
them understand the complex world.  That is all. - But you seem to be interested in being a liar, by claiming that there is no evidence for God, and that atheism is real.

That is why throughout history these characters and stories around them change.  That is the reason why we have 5000+ stories about Gods.  

- The evidence for the existence of god is right in this that you say. If there wasn't any God, why would billions of people have tried to explain Him down through the ages?

All you are doing is trying to be a god, yourself, by setting yourself up above God, by saying that He doesn't exist, when there is more evidence and proof of Him than you could ever hope to shake a stick at.

Cool

Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:15:21 PM

You state definitely that God doesn't exist.

Nobody says this...

Atheists say there is no evidence of god

We don't believe in things without evidence:
Unicorns
Aliens
Gremlins
Faeries
Dragons
Gods

Atheists are evidence based... if you have physical evidence of a god, present it (not your same old 4 links bullshit)
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:23:42 PM

Nobody says this...

Unicorns
Aliens
Gremlins
Faeries
Dragons
Gods

Atheists are evidence based... if you have evidence of a god, present it (not your same old 4 links bullshit)

The one thing I like about atheists is that they state what they believe. Then they stop being atheists, because they know that God might exist. This doesn't stop them from being liars that they are still atheists.

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.

2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

If this is all that it was, a so-called atheist might have a shot of believing atheism as a religion. But the proof and evidence that God exists destroys the last shreds of even his atheism religion:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1355109.msg14047133#msg14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg16803380#msg16803380.

Cool

Moloch

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:34:26 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 09:45:07 PM by Moloch

Nobody says this...

Unicorns
Aliens
Gremlins
Faeries
Dragons
Gods

Atheists are evidence based... if you have evidence of a god, present it (not your same old 4 links bullshit)

The one thing I like about atheists is that they state what they believe. Then they stop being atheists, because they know that God might exist. This doesn't stop them from being liars that they are still atheists.

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

Again, not believing in something is different from claiming it doesn't exist

Why do we keep going over the same simple concepts?

Are you being daft intentionally?

Disbelief is not an affirmative claim

Do you even read the stuff you quote?

Stop calling me a liar unless you want to quote where I lied...
If you cannot provide evidence, you are simple projecting your lying behavior onto me
Poor form BADlogic
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:46:52 PM

Nobody says this...

Unicorns
Aliens
Gremlins
Faeries
Dragons
Gods

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

Stop calling me a liar unless you want to quote where I lied... if you cannot provide evidence, you are simple projecting your lying behavior onto me

There is no such thing a void belief about something that has been suggested. This means that when "God" is talked about, He is either believed to exist or He is believed to not exist.

This is what the dictionary definition means. And since there is the possibility that God might exist, then God is NOT believed to NOT exist. So, there is no atheism once the suggestion of God has been brought up.

Cool

baritus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:56:31 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 10:08:15 PM by baritus

If I could find one religious person with the capability to discuss the below, maybe I'll believe.

If everything must have been created, who created the creator?

Your answer has to be either:
1. No one, God doesn't exist
2. No one, God always existed

If you chose 2, what stops the Universe from having always existed as well?

Either way, the need for a creator is nonsense as that means you'd need a creator for them and so on to infinity.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:07:54 PM

If I could find one religious person with the capability to discuss the below, maybe I'll believe.

Entropy.

If there was no beginning to the universe, the energy within (which can't be destroyed or created) would have, long ago, been dispersed and diffused by entropy to the point that there would be no complexity.

Cool

Moloch

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:08:15 PM

Nobody says this...

Unicorns
Aliens
Gremlins
Faeries
Dragons
Gods

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

Stop calling me a liar unless you want to quote where I lied... if you cannot provide evidence, you are simple projecting your lying behavior onto me

There is no such thing a void belief about something that has been suggested. This means that when "God" is talked about, He is either believed to exist or He is believed to not exist.

This is what the dictionary definition means. And since there is the possibility that God might exist, then God is NOT believed to NOT exist. So, there is no atheism once the suggestion of God has been brought up.

Again, read the dictionary definition you quoted...

Atheism is a disbelief in gods... a belief that no gods exist... not a claim that there is proof no gods exist

I don't believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists, but I don't claim to know for certain it doesn't...

There is a possibility faeries, unicorns, and leprechauns exist... but I don't believe in them, pray to them, or bet my soul on their existance

You aren't good at subtlety are you?
(answer: daft intentionally)
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:13:13 PM

Nobody says this...

Unicorns
Aliens
Gremlins
Faeries
Dragons
Gods

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

Again, read the dictionary definition you quoted...

Atheism is a disbelief in gods... a belief that no gods exist... not a claim that there is proof no gods exist

I don't believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists, but I don't claim to know for certain it doesn't...

You aren't good at subtlety are you?

Exactly as you say.

There is no atheism in people who have heard about the idea of God. The only place where there might be some atheism is in people who have never heard the idea of God.

So, if someone says he is an atheist, he is a liar, or at best, a deeply atheism religious person. What he isn't is an atheist.

Cool

baritus
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:17:07 PM

Entropy.

If there was no beginning to the universe, the energy within (which can't be destroyed or created) would have, long ago, been dispersed and diffused by entropy to the point that there would be no complexity.

Cool

Again, science has explained how the current version of our universe could have spawned from literally nothing (as far as we are concerned) and proved that matter survives at a higher rate than antimatter.

This universe could easily die out and another born out of nothing, just like ours was.

Still, the question is left unanswered and you just tried to deflect to a different question, I didn't ask you how long a universe can survive. Who made God so he could make energy that a universe/universes form from?

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:20:28 PM

Entropy.

Cool

Again, science has explained how the current version of our universe could have spawned from literally nothing (as far as we are concerned) and proved that matter survives at a higher rate than antimatter.

This universe could easily die out and another born out of nothing, just like ours was.

Still, the question is left unanswered and you just tried to deflect to a different question, I didn't ask you how long a universe can survive. Who made God so he could make energy that a universe/universes form from?

Entropy is a scientific law. It is not a guesswork thing like the idea of universes spawned from nothing. Therefore, the answer stands... entropy.

Cool

baritus
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:24:08 PM

Entropy.

Cool

Entropy is a scientific law. It is not a guesswork thing like the idea of universes spawned from nothing. Therefore, the answer stands... entropy.

Cool

Entropy answers this question: How does our universe eventually decay and become nothing?

It does not answer my question, which questions the source of the energy itself, not the fact that it will eventually decay. If it must have a source, and you say it must since it decays, what is the source of that source? Why could the Universe not have spawned out of nothing just like your source of everything?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:37:22 PM

Entropy.

Cool

Cool

Entropy answers this question: How does our universe eventually decay and become nothing?

It does not answer my question, which questions the source of the energy itself, not the fact that it will eventually decay. If it must have a source, and you say it must since it decays, what is the source of that source? Why could the Universe not have spawned out of nothing just like your source of everything?

Your original question had to do with an eternal universe. The answer was "entropy."

We have no evidence of machines that simply pop into being. Yet, the universe is a complex machine full of countless machines.

All our evidence says that machines are built by someone. All our evidence says that the less intelligent the machine maker, the less complex the machine. We haven't even identified all the complex machines of the universe, to say nothing about duplicating them. So, the Maker of these universe machines is like God to us.

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 [368] 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: