Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:05:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
aintnopassincraze

Activity: 233
Merit: 106

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:16:05 AM

We went to the temple every Sunday and prayed like most of you did when you were kids. I never understood why I was going or what I was doing. And increasingly every

Sunday this would rub me the wrong way. Why could I not watch soccer at home? Or football (american)? Why MUST I go to temple? Then the answers came down like

"you must believe", "its tradition", "they will watch over you". All of it just seems so vague and nonsensical. In the end, I would say I do not hate religion but certainly everything

it stands for just makes no sense whatsoever; and I do not follow ANYBODY blindly in life. Bottom line if it dont make sense I dont believe. Simple as that

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anya Doreen

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:14:26 AM

I have an atheists friends, for me they don't hate anybody and for them the most important is if you can practice your religion without affecting them, then by all means they can support you. Here they wouldn't generalize but for them, they glad to see anyone living a happy and content life and if that involves being religious, then so be it.

zaynxx

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:42:06 AM

Ofcourse atheist hates religion because basically they don't believe their is a God, a God that is omnipotent. Athiest believes about humanity not Christianity.
prettyij

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:03:19 AM

Some of them hate God because of evil things done to them by teachers in religious schools or by church leaders—people who on the face of it represented God. Antipathy towards God is an understandable reaction, sadly (although illogical).
Bram 666

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:12:38 AM

religious is rules  and rules made to make other happy .

if Muslims do wrong things that not mean Islam is bad.
we hate some rules so that not mean you hate our country

Think Again
digital_weezer

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:42:18 PM

I don't think all Atheists hate religion.

I think it is just a sore spot for everyone whether you are religious or not. There has also been a lot of wars, pain and suffering due to religion.
Daniel 666

Activity: 59

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:05:01 AM

Atheists yes for simple word "Atheists against Religion so that they hate them "
Jake052478

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

I will do wonder for YOU!!!

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:29:30 PM

They hate religion because of the imperfections of people who are following it... in other words... hyprocracy...  and also they refuse to believe there is God....
Jamjamz30

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:19:44 PM

I don't hate any religion but yeah, some facts and rituals are quite unfair. Almost all religions have different rules for men and women. I don't think any religion should differentiate between two genders.

My religion as well has some facts I don't agree with. "If someone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other cheek as well." "If one doesn't go to the Church on every Sunday, he is a sinner".

Religion shouldn't make someone lose their self respect or make anything compulsory for a person else they are called sinners. I'm not an atheist but do criticize religion at times.

Actually Sir, all religion has some facts where most of their member in the church is also don't agree with. It is a matter where their ancestors came to that religion beliefs so even they won't agree as a respect to their parents it just come what may, something like that.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3482

born once atheist

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:25:32 AM

So Jesus and Moses were hanging out in heaven, totally bored (what a surprise)
So Jesus says "dude, I'm sick of this shit, lets go downstairs to earth where the real action is and have some fun.
Lets go do miracles!"
Moses with a gleam in his eye, replys "oh I'm there dude! lets do it man, I still have my chops! So, how 'bout we head to the old holy land .?
Maybe even find a talking bush and set it on fire! But I aint wandering in the desert! Its too frikkin hot and these sandels give me blisters."
So... (you always start a good story with "so" these days.  "AND SO" if its religious babble..I mean Bible nonsense)....  
So, Jesus is like "cool bro, how 'bout you grab that big ole staff of yours and you part the Red Sea just for shitz n giggles!?"
So, Moses is like " oh yeah and then you walk across the water and maybe even leap over the big ole chasm I make!
oh,and dont forget to to turn the water into a couple a jugs of wine cuz we're gonna partaaaay brother!! (none of that Riunite shit tho)
"Sounds like a plan my man!" replies the true messiah himself.
AND SO.. they headed down to earth and they arrive at  holy land beach.
AND SO... Moses turns towards the Red Sea and lifts his staff on high  and spreads his arms to the heavens.
AND SO... the angels began to sing and the gentle sea breeze turned into a raging gale, and the waters of the Red Sea were parted.
THEN Moses lowered his arms,
AND with a smug grin on his face, turned back to face Jesus. OK dude your turn, lets see you do your thing!
AND SO... with a flourish of his robes, Jesus steps onto the waters of the Red Sea and begins to stride across without so much as a ripple.
  "Check it out bro! now I'm gonna walk out on water, run and jump over the the giant part in the Red Sea you just made! wooo hooo "
  But to Moses' bewilderment, halfway across the water just as Jesus gets up to leaping speed, with each step taken he slowly starts sinking into
  the water! Moses watches with horror as his buddy,the Saviour, the son of God himself, the true Messiah is now splashing and flailing helplessly in the drink.
  Poor Jesus begins to choke while the waves toss him around like a waterlogged rag doll.
AND SO...Moses,upon seeing his side kick, the almighty Messiah,clearly in trouble, swims out to save him from his watery grave.
AND Moses drags Jesus,using the lifeguard hold, back thru the now un-parted choppy Red Sea  (he had to drop his staff, you see)
AND Moses lays The Savior out on the beach, "Hey Jesus" says an enlightened Moses,as he looked down
    on his buddy on his back with arms outstetched no less,"I got an idea...now you can make a sand Angel!".
AND SO..Jesus flapped his arms and legs in the sand and HE DID make a sand angel!
AND SO..Between gasps and hack- ups of mouthfuls of salt water Jesus splutters
"Moses I'm saved! You SAVED me... Praise the lord!... oh wait... I AM the lord!....damn it bro, what went wrong?"

Moses slapped a consoling hand on Jesus' shoulder and said,
 "Don't worry about it, dude. Last time you tried it, you didn't have holes in your feet."......

PA DA BOOM PSHHHHH

...."hey, nice sand angel tho!".....

bump

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:33:27 AM

Is not that atheist hate religion. They just pointing out they think are wrong for themselves. It's funny when atheist are called demons when they are not believing in one. Some atheist may hate a specific religion for a specific reasons but other than that, they respect all religion as religious should also do to the atheists.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Achargeturry78

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

Just follow the rules

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:20:23 AM

Is not that atheist hate religion. They just pointing out they think are wrong for themselves. It's funny when atheist are called demons when they are not believing in one. Some atheist may hate a specific religion for a specific reasons but other than that, they respect all religion as religious should also do to the atheists.
Despite having different beliefs, we must respect each other and what we believe in. We do not need to say trashy things towards others who doesn't believe from what we believe in. It is not that atheist hate religion but they claim that they have no religion meaning they don't believe in gods or anything holy.
0Pirats0

Activity: 106

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:08:17 PM

religious is rules  and rules made to make other happy .

if Muslims do wrong things that not mean Islam is bad.
we hate some rules so that not mean you hate our country

Think Again

Religion does not make anyone happy. Happiness is a state of mind, and religion is simply created to control a person and sooner it will make him unhappy by limiting his limits.
faustmeister

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:19:46 PM

Not all atheists hate religion. The only thing atheists have in common is that they have concluded that no god or gods exist. Most of the atheists, that I have listened to, have a "live and let live" attitude.
nwahshearthiad

Activity: 134

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:34:55 AM

Because they have no God, they don't believe in God.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:51:57 AM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

I think atheists don’t hate religion. They just hate stupid followers. I am aware that in this world, multiple religions actually divide people causing to persuade one another that their religion is the one to be followed. People also end up hating and killing each other because of religion. But is it the religion or the followers? No religion in the world, based on their books, actually implies killing people of different faith.  Best tip yet, follow your religion and do good to others and respect what others believe in.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:58:37 PM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

I think atheists don’t hate religion. They just hate stupid followers. I am aware that in this world, multiple religions actually divide people causing to persuade one another that their religion is the one to be followed. People also end up hating and killing each other because of religion. But is it the religion or the followers? No religion in the world, based on their books, actually implies killing people of different faith.  Best tip yet, follow your religion and do good to others and respect what others believe in.
While not true for all atheists, most of them are stupid followers themselves. They don't even understand the fundamentals of science and still eat up any and everything that "a study says".
Also, religion is just an excuse to hate and kill. People have been doing this for other fake reasons since the beginning of human existence. There are smart people who think for themselves and stupid blind followers in every group of people, no matter if it's religion, science, or any other kind of group that humans make up.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
moanamakeway

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:18:34 AM

In my opinion, I think atheist are more frustrated than HATE the religion. Religion requires you to do things to connect to God. Religion requires you to be in such a manner so that God will talk to you. I guess this is the part which atheist hate. Atheist are just confused.
Would it be more pleasant if you have somethjng to hold onto?
Religion are just DOs.
Relationship with God is what matters. Religion is not relationship.
God died for you. God loves you.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:00:40 AM

I'm an Atheist and the late GREAT Christopher Hitchens sums it up rather nicely in the quote below!

“Religion is a totalitarian belief. It is the wish to be a slave. It is the desire that there be an unalterable, unchallengeable, tyrannical authority who can convict you of thought crime while you are asleep, who can subject you to total surveillance around the clock every waking and sleeping minute of your life, before you're born and, even worse and where the real fun begins, after you're dead. A celestial North Korea. Who wants this to be true? Who but a slave desires such a ghastly fate? I've been to North Korea. It has a dead man as its president, Kim Jong-Il is only head of the party and head of the army. He's not head of the state. That office belongs to his deceased father, Kim Il-Sung. It's a necrocracy, a thanatocracy. It's one short of a trinity I might add. The son is the reincarnation of the father. It is the most revolting and utter and absolute and heartless tyranny the human species has ever evolved. But at least you can fucking die and leave North Korea!”

― Christopher Hitchens
covfefe_

Activity: 934
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:12:28 AM

Atheists don't hate religion, they are religious but are not bounded by the rules that restricts them to think and do within a predefined space. They are open  to every ideas.
Pages: « 1 ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: