Bitcoin Forum
April 02, 2024, 01:36:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901251 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1363

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:31:15 AM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

I am an Islamic, even though I am not entirely devoted / forth, I still respect one's own decision, I respect other people's religions, I leave it to the person itself because it is not to be imposed on everyone because we are vary according to their beliefs,
Now what do you do after you die / die?
Do you think finished after death?
I think not, I think after death is the beginning we start a real life,
Hopefully you are given the best way. Amen ..

Why don't you kill yourself then?  Oh, wait, you guys are already doing it.  Never mind.

As friends of all people, we are giving you and others the chance to be saved like we will be. If we knew for a fact which of you would never be saved, we could save the ones who will be saved, and forget about jokers like you. Our job would be done a lot sooner.

Since there still might be a chance for you, we continue to preach to you, and hope our preaching will save you this time.

Cool

''If we knew for a fact which of you would never be saved,'' Perhaps an omniscient god would know such thing, hmm, wait a second...

... wait a second. How could God give free will to people if He knew what they were going to do ahead of time?

Cool

There you go, you disproved god, congratulations. It is indeed impossible to allow free will and be omniscient at the same time. Cheesy

Oh, don't be so dense. Even you hide things from yourself at times. How do we know? We know it by the fact that you don't believe in God.

Cool

I don't really see what your response has to do with mine. We are talking about being omniscient and free will at the same time, focus badecker. It seems like there is some sort of mechanism in your brain that switches everytime you read an argument that works against your god and so you either have to forget about it or talk about something else. It's your mechanism of defense lol

Well, of course you don't understand. If you did, you would understand God all around you in nature.

Look at this simple example. The little girl goes with Mom and Dad to the store. She wants to get Dad a birthday present for his birthday, as a surprise. Dad and Mom both realize this. So, by agreement with Mom, Dad takes off for a moment to a different department, so that Mom can help the little girl find and buy the surprise gift for Dad.

Does Dad not know what is going on? Is he not aware of the items in the store? Yet he hides the info from himself so that he can be truly surprised when his birthday comes, and his daughter gives him his surprise gift.

Inside you is a piece of free will that God has hidden from Himself. Why has He hidden this? Because He is hoping to be surprised by a sudden free will turn that you can make in faith towards Him. This is the thing that Abraham did. Abraham turned his little free will faith towards God, and God was surprised and pleased. Why was God surprised? Because He had hidden Abraham's free will from Himself. He rewarded Abraham for the change that Abraham made.

Had God wanted, He could have easily focused in on Abraham to see what Abraham's free will was going to do. But He didn't, in part so that He could be overjoyed, so that he could have a reason to reward Abraham. God is great. God is wonderful. He loves having reason to reward people. And He rewards them with the things that they need in life, as well as with additional things that He makes excuses for Himself to give them... excuses made when he hides their free will from Himself so that He can be overjoyed by it later.

So far you are a disappointment to God. But if you were to suddenly turn to Him, now that He has seen what the part of yourself that He has hidden from Himself is doing, He would be so overjoyed with you that He would reward you greatly.

I expect that if you read this, you will understand. But I also expect that you will not even acknowledge that you understand. At this stage, if you even acknowledge that you understand, this would please God. So, at least do that much. Maybe God will reward you by adjusting your faith in such a way so that you can turn to Him and be saved.

Cool

First and foremost that would still mean that everything is already dictated by god even if he ''hides the information for himself'' so my point still stands. There is no free will.

''Yet he hides the info from himself so that he can be truly surprised when his birthday comes'' He wouldn't be ''truly'' surprised if he knew beforehand lol.

Every thing being dictated by God is absolutely correct. Your free will isn't a "thing." But that isn't the question. The question has to do with whether or not I can explain something to you when you will resist the explanation even when it makes sense.

This means that the point is that you will be roasting in Hell because of your intentional resistance.

The clarity of your failure is this. God is shown strongly throughout the universe, and so-called atheists even hold themselves up in god authority by stating that they have enough capability to suggest that God doesn't exist, making them to not be atheists, and proving that God exists even among the so-called atheists.

All of this means that you folks are against God. The results will be apparent in the Judgment.

Cool

''Every thing being dictated by God is absolutely correct. Your free will isn't a "thing." But that isn't the question.'' That is actually the question, that's what I'm saying. If you agree that god dictates everything then there is no free will and we shouldn't be responsible for our actions.

''This means that the point is that you will be roasting in Hell because of your intentional resistance.'' Well it's not my resistance, it's god's resistance since he dictated everything.

Your free will is not a thing dictated by God. Rather, it is a touch of God Himself in you.

Everything else in your life is directed completely by God. He directs these things righteously, according to the amount of faith you have in Him.

Your destruction is your choice. Because of Jesus, your salvation is your choice, as well. God only directs the course of your life according to what you choose in the tiny free will part of yourself that you have.

Cool

How does a baby chose his faith in god, if the only free will you have is the ''faith'' you have in god, how does it start, do you start by believing automatically in god? I don't see how it works.

FYI, Matthew 19:14:
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

The point is, when you are involved with your own being put together in the womb, such is all you know. It is marvelous to you. You have great faith in the Master Builder Who is putting you together in Mommy's tummy, because you are living with Him while He is working on you.

It is only after your higher functions become active, especially after your birth, that you start to turn away, tempted by your own desires for other things.

Cool

Then it doesn't work, if everyone believes in god but starts to turn away due to other things, it's not fair. I mean look at this example, someone born in a christian family vs someone born in a muslim country, the guy born in a muslim country will almost never turn to christianity because he is heavily influenced by everyone, not only his parents and family but virtually everyone in the country. The guy who is born in a christian family however has a very easy way to believe in god. So it is 500 times harder for the guy who was born in a muslim country to ever accept your god than it is for the guy who is born in a christian family and how do we know that the guy born in a christian family would have believed in god if he was born in a muslim country? It's not fair, if being here is a test of faith for god then it is not a fair test.

There, there. Don't feel so sad. You are making me cry (sniffle).

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:39:47 AM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

I am an Islamic, even though I am not entirely devoted / forth, I still respect one's own decision, I respect other people's religions, I leave it to the person itself because it is not to be imposed on everyone because we are vary according to their beliefs,

Why don't you kill yourself then?  Oh, wait, you guys are already doing it.  Never mind.

As friends of all people, we are giving you and others the chance to be saved like we will be. If we knew for a fact which of you would never be saved, we could save the ones who will be saved, and forget about jokers like you. Our job would be done a lot sooner.

Since there still might be a chance for you, we continue to preach to you, and hope our preaching will save you this time.

Cool

''If we knew for a fact which of you would never be saved,'' Perhaps an omniscient god would know such thing, hmm, wait a second...

... wait a second. How could God give free will to people if He knew what they were going to do ahead of time?

Cool

There you go, you disproved god, congratulations. It is indeed impossible to allow free will and be omniscient at the same time. Cheesy

Oh, don't be so dense. Even you hide things from yourself at times. How do we know? We know it by the fact that you don't believe in God.

Cool

I don't really see what your response has to do with mine. We are talking about being omniscient and free will at the same time, focus badecker. It seems like there is some sort of mechanism in your brain that switches everytime you read an argument that works against your god and so you either have to forget about it or talk about something else. It's your mechanism of defense lol

Well, of course you don't understand. If you did, you would understand God all around you in nature.

Look at this simple example. The little girl goes with Mom and Dad to the store. She wants to get Dad a birthday present for his birthday, as a surprise. Dad and Mom both realize this. So, by agreement with Mom, Dad takes off for a moment to a different department, so that Mom can help the little girl find and buy the surprise gift for Dad.

Does Dad not know what is going on? Is he not aware of the items in the store? Yet he hides the info from himself so that he can be truly surprised when his birthday comes, and his daughter gives him his surprise gift.

Inside you is a piece of free will that God has hidden from Himself. Why has He hidden this? Because He is hoping to be surprised by a sudden free will turn that you can make in faith towards Him. This is the thing that Abraham did. Abraham turned his little free will faith towards God, and God was surprised and pleased. Why was God surprised? Because He had hidden Abraham's free will from Himself. He rewarded Abraham for the change that Abraham made.

Had God wanted, He could have easily focused in on Abraham to see what Abraham's free will was going to do. But He didn't, in part so that He could be overjoyed, so that he could have a reason to reward Abraham. God is great. God is wonderful. He loves having reason to reward people. And He rewards them with the things that they need in life, as well as with additional things that He makes excuses for Himself to give them... excuses made when he hides their free will from Himself so that He can be overjoyed by it later.

So far you are a disappointment to God. But if you were to suddenly turn to Him, now that He has seen what the part of yourself that He has hidden from Himself is doing, He would be so overjoyed with you that He would reward you greatly.

I expect that if you read this, you will understand. But I also expect that you will not even acknowledge that you understand. At this stage, if you even acknowledge that you understand, this would please God. So, at least do that much. Maybe God will reward you by adjusting your faith in such a way so that you can turn to Him and be saved.

Cool

First and foremost that would still mean that everything is already dictated by god even if he ''hides the information for himself'' so my point still stands. There is no free will.

''Yet he hides the info from himself so that he can be truly surprised when his birthday comes'' He wouldn't be ''truly'' surprised if he knew beforehand lol.

Every thing being dictated by God is absolutely correct. Your free will isn't a "thing." But that isn't the question. The question has to do with whether or not I can explain something to you when you will resist the explanation even when it makes sense.

This means that the point is that you will be roasting in Hell because of your intentional resistance.

The clarity of your failure is this. God is shown strongly throughout the universe, and so-called atheists even hold themselves up in god authority by stating that they have enough capability to suggest that God doesn't exist, making them to not be atheists, and proving that God exists even among the so-called atheists.

All of this means that you folks are against God. The results will be apparent in the Judgment.

Cool

''Every thing being dictated by God is absolutely correct. Your free will isn't a "thing." But that isn't the question.'' That is actually the question, that's what I'm saying. If you agree that god dictates everything then there is no free will and we shouldn't be responsible for our actions.

''This means that the point is that you will be roasting in Hell because of your intentional resistance.'' Well it's not my resistance, it's god's resistance since he dictated everything.

Your free will is not a thing dictated by God. Rather, it is a touch of God Himself in you.

Everything else in your life is directed completely by God. He directs these things righteously, according to the amount of faith you have in Him.

Your destruction is your choice. Because of Jesus, your salvation is your choice, as well. God only directs the course of your life according to what you choose in the tiny free will part of yourself that you have.

Cool

How does a baby chose his faith in god, if the only free will you have is the ''faith'' you have in god, how does it start, do you start by believing automatically in god? I don't see how it works.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

The point is, when you are involved with your own being put together in the womb, such is all you know. It is marvelous to you. You have great faith in the Master Builder Who is putting you together in Mommy's tummy, because you are living with Him while He is working on you.

It is only after your higher functions become active, especially after your birth, that you start to turn away, tempted by your own desires for other things.

Cool

Then it doesn't work, if everyone believes in god but starts to turn away due to other things, it's not fair. I mean look at this example, someone born in a christian family vs someone born in a muslim country, the guy born in a muslim country will almost never turn to christianity because he is heavily influenced by everyone, not only his parents and family but virtually everyone in the country. The guy who is born in a christian family however has a very easy way to believe in god. So it is 500 times harder for the guy who was born in a muslim country to ever accept your god than it is for the guy who is born in a christian family and how do we know that the guy born in a christian family would have believed in god if he was born in a muslim country? It's not fair, if being here is a test of faith for god then it is not a fair test.

Cool

Is that an admission that you lost?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Joker121212

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:45:30 PM

Atheists look at religion, they find cumbersome rituals, time-consuming procedures. The rules are unreasonable ... religion is man-made, to direct all to good, positive lifestyles. However, most religious people are too religious to worship excessively
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 08:03:48 PM

Atheists look at religion, they find cumbersome rituals, time-consuming procedures. The rules are unreasonable ... religion is man-made, to direct all to good, positive lifestyles. However, most religious people are too religious to worship excessively

we can also have a world were religion is completely a myth like in star wars, but the theistic and educated mind in this world is by far superior to the educated nontheistic one, which is constantly mistrusting everything, just look at elon musk that became educated and theistic in early age. in south africa going through apartheid transition.

i accept both and see usefullnes in both for me personally i prefer the theistic educated mindset over the other ones.

_Gajah

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:00:09 PM

In fact in all religions there is no religion that teaches to hate other religions, maybe there are some people who hate other religions, but who hates what all the religious people are?
Surely not but surely there are few people who stop, but it's not a religious support but rather its human controversy too controversial,

"The point is not to blame the religion but blame the person who did it"
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:45:08 AM

Atheists think that Allah has not created them,they have come to the world on their own.The atheist can not accept the religion of another religion,and they do not believe in Islam.They believe there is no religion to say Islam.

'Allah' (aka the scribe who wrote the Quran) had nothing to do with your creation, unless he banged your mommy.

Learn more about how mammals reproduce before you post nonsense.  You are a mammal, aren't you?

God has everything to do with all mammal reproduction. It's called cause and effect, a chain of actions and reactions that operates according to the laws of physics. The impetus for your creation was set in place by God when He created the universe, via cause and effect.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:48:31 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Is that what you really think? If you think that this is about winning and losing, you not only stepped out of the discussion long ago, but by doing so, you have agreed that you don't understand the things that you are talking about.

Cool

Astargath

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:08:47 AM

Is that what you really think? If you think that this is about winning and losing, you not only stepped out of the discussion long ago, but by doing so, you have agreed that you don't understand the things that you are talking about.

Cool

We are talking about free will, you were not able to respond to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg37655246#msg37655246

You claim we have ''faith'' when we are in the womb, absolutely 0 evidence for this.
You claim ''Everything else in your life is directed completely by God. He directs these things righteously, according to the amount of faith you have in Him.'' Which makes no sense because the amount of faith you have in Him is directly affected by any other event that is supposed to be directed by god so god himself is the one that can give you more or less faith which means you don't really have free will and he is responsible for everything.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
LibreniAlyn

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:38:39 AM

We are all born without religion, but we grew with the religion that our parents have introduced to us. That religion is our guiding principle. But some point in time there comes irregularities with our belief. People with little faith tends to become Atheists. Because God didn't gave what they expect they come to the conclusion the there is no God until they hate God, Religion, and all things related to such.
aysler

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:43:36 PM

We have often been led to believe in certain stereotype, be it from someone we look up to or from the mass media. There is nothing acceptable about a situation when a woman is told she can't marry the guy she loves because he was born in a different culture. There is nothing acceptable about the scenario where priests preach that is the responsibility of people to give up their lives for god and that taking a human life in the cause of god is acceptable. There is nothing acceptable when a politicians brews hate among communities and religions to support his/her electoral ambitions.
Moana

Activity: 298
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:38:05 PM

A true atheist cannot really hate religion, because religion would just be indifferent to him. Hate is always related with something we have inside. We hate a part of ourselves. Atheists who hate religion in fact hate the religious tendencies that they are hiding inside them. And I say it being an atheist, by the way. One who is indifferent to religion.
zain_h332

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:36:24 PM

Poor analogy.

Religion is most certainly not a "safety belt".
It's a hardened steel chain, designed not for the benefit of the captive.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:49:27 PM

God has everything to do with all mammal reproduction. It's called cause and effect, a chain of actions and reactions that operates according to the laws of physics. The impetus for your creation was set in place by God when He created the universe, via cause and effect.

Cool

I know it is what you believe.  But is it true?
I studied Physics in my undergrad work I don't remember God mentioned anywhere.

You know something Physicists don't?  Submit your paper and see what happens.

Is there anything other than direct God-studies that you didn't study? I mean, did you study everything about everything that is known about, but not about God?

If you really studied physics, you know that Newton's 3rd Law is recognized, and that there is noting that has proven to overcome it so far. So, for every action there is a reaction. That is exactly what cause and effect is.

Remember. We know that all material is really energy acting upon itself at the atomic and subatomic levels. So, it is energy that is acting in accord with cause and effect.

Now, consider all the complex actions and reactions that have to exist, just to make a chunk of lead hold a place in the universe. Next, combine the complexities of C&E with everything else in the universe, all at the same time. This is all standard basic physics, C&E in everything. The complexities involved are great, way beyond understanding. That they can exist is impossible in the organized fashion in which they exist, as far as anything that we understand. In other words, this whole universe is impossible, except for the fact that it exists.

If there were only inanimate objects in the universe, we could guess that there might have been an inanimate beginning. But since there is life, and emotion, and mind, and reason, all in the greatness that you find such things in mankind, there has to be a mind of God, as well. People can say "no" to God all they want, but all they are doing when they say such, is saying that the universe is impossible to exist as it does.

Cool

noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 03:55:03 PM

I do not think they hate religion, just looking for the truth about all this. But I'm also not sure if their ancestors were not religious. Perhaps several generations of their ancestors who chose to get out of their religion for reasons that depict their God are not very strong. So as the longer and some more sciences are found the stronger their reason for becoming an atheist.

And as for your story, I judge that you may not be religious by looking for other truths. I often listen to the Youtube channel open discussion of a religious figure from India Dr. Zakir Naik. Perhaps you are also interested because many also discuss the religion of your parents (Hindu)  Cheesy

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:04:26 PM

Cool

We are talking about free will, you were not able to respond to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg37655246#msg37655246

You claim we have ''faith'' when we are in the womb, absolutely 0 evidence for this.
You claim ''Everything else in your life is directed completely by God. He directs these things righteously, according to the amount of faith you have in Him.'' Which makes no sense because the amount of faith you have in Him is directly affected by any other event that is supposed to be directed by god so god himself is the one that can give you more or less faith which means you don't really have free will and he is responsible for everything.

Why should I response to something you say again, since I have responded over and over in other posts, but you simply ignore my response?

There is absolutely 0 evidence that we do not have faith in the womb. When do we start to have faith in things? You don't know that you will make it to work this morning, because you don't know for a fact that some terrorist bomber won't suicide himself within 3 feet from you. Some of the reason you go to work anyway is that you have faith and hope that nothing bad will happen to you.

When did your faith first start? Did it first start yesterday? The day before? When you were 5-y-o? When you were 3? When you were 1 minute old? Possibly before you were conceived?

You don't make any sense. Your faith was always in existence, at least since you were conceived. Nobody has any evidence to oppose this. And the fact that you have faith now, shows that you have had faith ever since before you started to think about it. When did it start for you?

God directs the things that happen to you according to your faith in Him, and His plan for you. That's why you don't even have full control over your faith, not because God makes your faith what it is. If your faith in Him grows weaker, it is because you directed God to weaken it, by not having strong faith in Him in the first place, or maybe by direct faith request that God do so.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 07:39:06 PM

Cool

Why should I response to something you say again, since I have responded over and over in other posts, but you simply ignore my response?

There is absolutely 0 evidence that we do not have faith in the womb. When do we start to have faith in things? You don't know that you will make it to work this morning, because you don't know for a fact that some terrorist bomber won't suicide himself within 3 feet from you. Some of the reason you go to work anyway is that you have faith and hope that nothing bad will happen to you.

When did your faith first start? Did it first start yesterday? The day before? When you were 5-y-o? When you were 3? When you were 1 minute old? Possibly before you were conceived?

You don't make any sense. Your faith was always in existence, at least since you were conceived. Nobody has any evidence to oppose this. And the fact that you have faith now, shows that you have had faith ever since before you started to think about it. When did it start for you?

God directs the things that happen to you according to your faith in Him, and His plan for you. That's why you don't even have full control over your faith, not because God makes your faith what it is. If your faith in Him grows weaker, it is because you directed God to weaken it, by not having strong faith in Him in the first place, or maybe by direct faith request that God do so.

Cool

I never had faith in anything.  I hoped things would work out, knowing the probabilities.

I guess God planned for me to be an Atheist, LOL. You and your God are funny critters.

Astargath

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:53:41 PM

Cool

I know it is what you believe.  But is it true?
I studied Physics in my undergrad work I don't remember God mentioned anywhere.

You know something Physicists don't?  Submit your paper and see what happens.

Is there anything other than direct God-studies that you didn't study? I mean, did you study everything about everything that is known about, but not about God?

If you really studied physics, you know that Newton's 3rd Law is recognized, and that there is noting that has proven to overcome it so far. So, for every action there is a reaction. That is exactly what cause and effect is.

Remember. We know that all material is really energy acting upon itself at the atomic and subatomic levels. So, it is energy that is acting in accord with cause and effect.

Now, consider all the complex actions and reactions that have to exist, just to make a chunk of lead hold a place in the universe. Next, combine the complexities of C&E with everything else in the universe, all at the same time. This is all standard basic physics, C&E in everything. The complexities involved are great, way beyond understanding. That they can exist is impossible in the organized fashion in which they exist, as far as anything that we understand. In other words, this whole universe is impossible, except for the fact that it exists.

If there were only inanimate objects in the universe, we could guess that there might have been an inanimate beginning. But since there is life, and emotion, and mind, and reason, all in the greatness that you find such things in mankind, there has to be a mind of God, as well. People can say "no" to God all they want, but all they are doing when they say such, is saying that the universe is impossible to exist as it does.

Cool

''But since there is life, and emotion, and mind, and reason, all in the greatness that you find such things in mankind, there has to be a mind of God'' Why? Who says there has to be a mind of god, certainly not most physicists or scientists, do you have any evidence that there ''has to be a mind of god''?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Astargath

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:55:57 PM

Cool

Cool

''There is absolutely 0 evidence that we do not have faith in the womb.'' Oh really, do you think a fetus has the ability to think or reason to have faith? A 1 week fetus has faith in god, that's what you are saying, how fucking ridiculous is that LOL. There is absolutely 0 evidence that the clown monster I just made up didn't create the universe therefore must be true, right?

''God directs the things that happen to you according to your faith in Him'' How do you have faith in him tho, if you already start by having faith in him then why do you lose it?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
xSplit

Activity: 241
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:14:21 PM

A true atheist cannot really hate religion, because religion would just be indifferent to him. Hate is always related with something we have inside. We hate a part of ourselves. Atheists who hate religion in fact hate the religious tendencies that they are hiding inside them. And I say it being an atheist, by the way. One who is indifferent to religion.

No, abrahamic religions want to control society and are a concern for everyone involved or not

Take your sand plague back to where it belongs and don't spread it
LivDamone

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:28:28 PM

the joint, isn't empiricism the basis of metaphysics? After all, without our brain and subsequent five senses, there'd be no way of even coming up with metaphysical ideas.

Do you agree with Descartes or David Hume?
Pages: « 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: