Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:29:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 [404] 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:24:03 AM

Okay, if you are an atheist who DOESN'T hate religion, you are simply a person who posts a comment. The tread isn't referring to you.

This thread is about atheists who HATE religion. The topic should have been titled, "Why do Atheists Who Hate Religion, Hate Religion."

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BountyGold

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:33:17 AM

In my opinion Atheists do not hate religion that much. They just do not believe in Gods is it because they believe in what they experience. They kill innocent people because of the religion? No! they kill people because they want to fight the government, they want to get attention from the government they do not hate religion that much. I have a friend who is atheist and I ask him do you hate Gods ? He said I do not it just happen that many people make them self look like they really believe in God but the reality they dont believe and also i dont have religions but I just dont believe in God is it because we dont experience God and see him sitting on the throne

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:23:27 AM

Perhaps it is because that religion makes people do crazy things or commit nasty things that does not have to happen. I believe there is a God but there are some instances that it makes me not agree to what they believe it or hate it like there are many Gods. They also worship many saints and the worst part is that they worship a piece of a wood that is made by a man.
ygapophysis

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:16:07 PM
Merited by Moloch (1)

Americans like atheists less than they like members of most major religious groups. A 2014 Pew Research Center survey asked Americans to rate groups on a “feeling thermometer” from zero (as cold and negative as possible) to 100 (the warmest, most positive possible rating). U.S. adults gave atheists an average rating of 41, comparable to the rating they gave Muslims (40) and far colder than the average given to Jews (63), Catholics (62) and evangelical Christians (61).
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:31:11 AM

darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:43:18 AM

What science explains can be verified to be true.
Of course it is true but it has  a lot of limitation.

What religion explains cannot be verified to be true and there is an overwhelming evidence that it is not true.
It is indeed really overwhelming to think that there is a creation without a creator in which religions are trying to explain.

It is ok to have questions.  It is not ok to provide answers without any evidence or means of verification.

Creation is the pure evidence of  the existence of God. Matter,Force, Space,Time did not create itselves that is just pathetic.

If you don't care whether the answers (to your burning questions) are true, you accept the religious world view.
If you care whether the answers (to your burning questions) are true, you accept the scientific world view.
The answer for my question is clear, ironically you don't see it clearly ( that is your opinion anyways)

The fact that most religious people ignore scientific discoveries (evolution, emergence etc) that negate their position should tell you something about them.  They don't care.  They believe whatever the cult they were born into.

When scientists cannot explain something, they simply say "we don't know, we'll continue to look for the answers".
When religious folks cannot explain something, they simply say "God did it, we have the answers".

Religious people did not ignore scientific discoveries, atheist on the other hand ignores the fact that scientific discoveries only provide theories about evolution. As I have said you can't have a creation without a creator that is the fact.

That is exactly the point science don't know all things that is why they only provide theories.

Which one of the two positions is an honest position.

Based on my common sense I still believe that a creation will never ever be created without a creator. You can't have a phone without inventors. Now this debate is a never ending debate in my opinion. So basically I will believe based on the fact that I know and so you are oppositely.

Just a suggestion tho, try reading

"Does God Exist?: Can the existence of God be scientifically proved?" by Herbert W. Armstrong
That "might" just change the way how you think about life.
Moloch

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:19:09 PM

Based on my common sense I still believe that a creation will never ever be created without a creator...

If nothing can be created without a creator... who created God?

If you say God can exist without a creator, why can't the universe exist without a creator?  Why fill your "gap of knowledge" with "God"?  According to science (Akham's Razor), the universe existing without a God creating it would be a better (simpler) explanation... God is unnecessary and redundant in the creation scenario

If God created everything, then God is responsible for all diseases like flesh-eating bacteria.
Why would God create a parasite that eats a human eyeball from the inside-out? (is God sadistic?)
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/students-eye-eaten-inside-dangerous-5706836
darklus123

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:53:39 PM

~

Then you are way smarter than the creator, who already have proven something about in deep knowledge rather than you. However there is no difference at all since youre statement is also just an imagination or in a good term " theory".

~

That I cannot answer, I might wan't to discuss the answer according to bible which you find "just a fantasy or unreal" therefore my explanation will be pointless.
Moloch

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:03:19 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2018, 03:16:16 PM by Moloch

That I cannot answer, I might want to discuss the answer according to bible which you find "just a fantasy or unreal" therefore my explanation will be pointless.

I am not afraid of the bible, I have read most of it, and it is highly flawed.  Too much murder, slavery and general hatred for my liking.  The only good part of the bible is the stuff about Jesus.  I agree he was a cool guy who really "got it".  I don't believe that he performed "miracles" (if you even call turning water into wine at a party because they were so drunk they ran out of wine... a miracle?)

None of the western religions have a good answer for the Problem of Evil
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

Originating with Greek philosopher Epicurus, the logical argument from evil is as follows:
   1) If an omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omniscient god exists, then evil does not.
   2) There is evil in the world.
   3) Therefore, an omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omniscient god does not exist.

Eastern religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, etc) get around this problem by not having an omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omniscient god.

The problem seems to be that when you apply so many omni-* aspects to your god, you end up with logical contradictions

Other contradictions go like:
Can your god make a boulder so big he can't lift it?
If he can lift it, then he is not omnipotent... if he can't create a boulder big enough, then he is not omnipotent

It's a lose-lose situation providing evidence that omnipotence is an impossibility
darklus123

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:43:59 AM

I said "we don't know how the world came about".  Your story about the creator is just your vivid imagination working overtime.

My position is rational.  It is based on what we know (and what we know is backed by the data or by the lack of it).

Yours, well, not so much.

We are just rotating our statements. Your position is rational based on what you believed and that goes the same for me as well.

You can question my position based on your way of thinking that also goes the same way for me.

Exactly you only know that based on the datas more than that we don't know most of the things and that is where my position about believing that a creator must exist. And that is not an imagination cause as I have said if that is "just an imagination" Other scientists and philosophers will not believe in it. 

Who is right or wrong? We don't know. The thing here is that I highly believe in science and its potential. It is just that i know its limitations.

~

Problem of evil, that is easy to explain. Who told you that killing is evil? Its the bible right? Or the human mortality.

Simple if god did not exist there will be no morality. Killing will become a animal nature.

Have you ever wondered why humans finds guilt when they kill and other animals don't? Free will that god has given us
Moloch

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:14:36 AM

Problem of evil, that is easy to explain. Who told you that killing is evil? Its the bible right? Or the human mortality.

Simple if god did not exist there will be no morality. Killing will become a animal nature.

Have you ever wondered why humans finds guilt when they kill and other animals don't? Free will that god has given us

Killing has been immoral since before humans evolved... even animals understand it is wrong to kill their own kind... this is not something unique to humans, much less any specific religion... this is simply evolution of a social species... it is beneficial to the species if they don't go around killing each other, and detrimental to the species if they do

Murder has also been illegal since before your religion was invented... your religious book copied word for word from the Code of Hammurabi... you don't even know your own religious history, much less human history
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:54:43 AM

Killing has been immoral since before humans evolved... even animals understand it is wrong to kill their own kind... this is not something unique to humans, much less any specific religion... this is simply evolution of a social species... it is beneficial to the species if they don't go around killing each other, and detrimental to the species if they do

Murder has also been illegal since before your religion was invented... your religious book copied word for word from the Code of Hammurabi... you don't even know your own religious history, much less human history

Anyways, morals only exist because reason exists. We know things in the bible are immoral, for instance slavery or beating your wife, we certainly don't need the bible as a moral guide.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
darklus123

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:35:32 PM

I will not believe in you that animals understands how immoral it is to kill their own unless they will directly tell me that "which is just not possible"  You know that killing is immoral because humans are simply different we have free will if we are going to based in the bible we know how did we get the will.

Yes I personally don't know the history of my religion I have to admit that one. I am the type of person who actually don't focus on religion since they were different. However I am consistent with my perception that God is really existing based on the fact that I know.

My position is based on facts (verifiable observations) so I don't have to believe. That is the difference between us.

Ironically you are believing that God is not existing which makes no difference at all it just that you believe in the opposite.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:52:06 PM

Anyways, morals only exist because reason exists. We know things in the bible are immoral, for instance slavery or beating your wife, we certainly don't need the bible as a moral guide.

Morals exist because they are part of basic brain DNA programming. The mind is attached to the brain. So it has brain copies of the morals built right in. That's why even Godless or non-religious people often feel upset when they do evil.

Any history book, or book of record of humankind, is going to show the evils of mankind. How much more when the book tries to correct the evils, will it not give examples of the evils to show how to correct them?

Look at the whole court case law of any country. It is full of evil records, and then the ways the evil was corrected, or at least the attempts at correcting.

Your evaluation of the Bible is completely wrong. The Bible is essentially the best law book, because it gives the most freedom, while at the same time showing the substance of DNA programming morals.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
cescudero95

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:08:47 AM
Merited by Moloch (1)

I imagine that this has probably been said somewhere in the 400+ pages of this thread, but I will say it anyway.  Being an atheist does not necessitate 'hating' religion.  You might personally feel that way, but that's just your own case.  Atheism is merely the lack of a belief in a god, A-Theism (lack of theism). 

ripaex (https://ripaex.io/)
Marketplace
bivaetjetakoe

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:30:32 PM

Nobody knows what must happen in a person's life, that he would renounce religion. Personally, I believe that it does not matter whether you are an atheist, a believer, a sectarian - the main thing is that you would be a kind person and help people. I believe in karma, and you? Huh
Moloch

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 02:40:50 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2018, 02:36:50 AM by Moloch

Nobody knows what must happen in a person's life, that he would renounce religion.

Quite simply, I don't like being lied to

I don't believe in gods for the same reason I don't believe in ghosts, gremlins, leprechauns, faeries, unicorns, zombies, vampires, bigfoot, angels, demons, crystals, chakras, chi, dowsing, tarot cards, mediums, psychics, and many other human inventions which have zero scientific evidence to support the claim of their existence
abreastabran

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:43:00 PM

About half of Americans (53%) say it is not necessary to believe in God to be moral, while 45% say belief in God is necessary to have good values, according to a 2014 survey. In other wealthy countries, smaller shares tend to say that a belief in God is essential for good morals, including just 15% in France. But in many other parts of the world, nearly everyone says that a person must believe in God to be moral, including 99% in Indonesia and Ghana and 98% in Pakistan.
akosipepot

Activity: 377
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:06:55 PM

I don't think there's hatred towards religion bur rather mere disappointment in these people because they can't even challenge their intellect.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:34:44 PM

Morals exist because they are part of basic brain DNA programming. The mind is attached to the brain. So it has brain copies of the morals built right in. That's why even Godless or non-religious people often feel upset when they do evil.

Any history book, or book of record of humankind, is going to show the evils of mankind. How much more when the book tries to correct the evils, will it not give examples of the evils to show how to correct them?

Look at the whole court case law of any country. It is full of evil records, and then the ways the evil was corrected, or at least the attempts at correcting.

Your evaluation of the Bible is completely wrong. The Bible is essentially the best law book, because it gives the most freedom, while at the same time showing the substance of DNA programming morals.

Cool

''Morals exist because they are part of basic brain DNA programming'' Then god fucked up when programming and added some evil people.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Pages: « 1 ... 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 [404] 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: