Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:40:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901249 times)
jabuenrostro

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:24:43 PM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

Racism at the Athens, GA, library

Hi, my name is Jb, and I’m a Christian, as you know, the bible teaches about correctable and not correctable people, about saved people and lost boys, about children of the lord and children of the devil, in other words there are immortals and mortals, and both are evil, however immortals can change, I mean we can be less evil, unfortunately mortals can’t, I mean they can’t stop their rebellion, so one day at the library, there was and storm warning, and one lady that works at the counter came to tell me to leave, but she was very ugly, very rude because she was thundering her fingers, for that reason I didn’t leave immediately but I went to the restroom, and she followed me to the men’s restroom, then she opened the door to tell me to go again, and I have only one witnesses because there was another man named Jacob at the restroom, however we didn’t record anything but god did, indeed, he revels the sins of everybody, be correctable or not, so if you want to see her sin, just wait until your next dreams and you will see, on the other hand, If you like it, then shared, that way she will pay for her sins because she is very racist, Of course she is the problem, An storm was coming, and she put my live in danger because in the same day, a grocery store that was already closed opened the door in order to offer me protection, and also I know, that the library has concrete rooms to protect you from hurricanes.

Pd: I don't know the name of the lady, but her boss name is Trudy green.

Jb your server.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:32:45 PM

Hi, my name is Jb, and I’m a Christian, as you know, the bible teaches about correctable and not correctable people, about saved people and lost boys, about children of the lord and children of the devil, in other words there are immortals and mortals, and both are evil, however immortals can change, I mean we can be less evil, unfortunately mortals can’t, I mean they can’t stop their rebellion...

Wait, what?  The bible says no such thing... where in the bible does it say there are mortal and immortal people/souls?  Where does it say anyone is not savable?

The bible says every soul can be saved... the bible says every soul is immortal (either eternity in heaven, or eternity in hell... there is no non-eternity option)

Even if it did... what makes you so certain you are one of the immortals and not mortal?  Just because you think it sounds like a better choice, doesn't mean you are it

Why do you say, "we" in reference to immortals, and "they" in reference to mortals?  How do you even tell the difference?

Why do I know more about what the bible says than people who believe that rubbish is true?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1363

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:56:17 PM

Hi, my name is Jb, and I’m a Christian, as you know, the bible teaches about correctable and not correctable people, about saved people and lost boys, about children of the lord and children of the devil, in other words there are immortals and mortals, and both are evil, however immortals can change, I mean we can be less evil, unfortunately mortals can’t, I mean they can’t stop their rebellion...

Wait, what?  The bible says no such thing... where in the bible does it say there are mortal and immortal people/souls?  Where does it say anyone is not savable?

The bible says every soul can be saved... the bible says every soul is immortal (either eternity in heaven, or eternity in hell... there is no non-eternity option)

Even if it did... what makes you so certain you are one of the immortals and not mortal?  Just because you think it sounds like a better choice, doesn't mean you are it

Why do you say, "we" in reference to immortals, and "they" in reference to mortals?  How do you even tell the difference?

Why do I know more about what the bible says than people who believe that rubbish is true?

To answer your questions...

When Jesus died on the cross, He took the punishment for all sins... for all mistakes... to correct the whole thing. Since all sins have been paid for, there is nothing owing.

It's like a bank loan. If a person can't make payments on his bank loan, and a different person pays off the loan for him, does he still owe it? No. The loan has been paid. There is essentially no loan any longer.

When Jesus arose from the dead, He did so with a glorified body. This body can no longer die. It can walk through walls. It can appear and disappear. It can eat food. It can be disguised so two guys walking along the road won't know Jesus until Jesus reveals Himself to them in breaking bread. It can rise into the sky to be hidden by a cloud and no longer seen. In other words, it is a super body, greater than that of our superman comic book character.

Who gets a super body like Jesus? Everybody. Why? The whole penalty of sins and debts has been paid by Jesus. There is not one sin remaining. Every person gets a body that cannot die... in the resurrection. This glorious body that everybody receives will keep every soul alive, forever, because, like the body of Jesus, they can no longer die.

Now here is the stickler. Some people believe Jesus and are on His side, in His army so to speak. They will go to Heaven to receive joy through God's revelations to them. Other people don't believe Jesus, and will go to Hell where their super-body will keep them alive in torment forever. Why forever? Because the body is a gift from Jesus. He won it for them in His death on the cross. It is like His. It can no longer die.

Why won't they go to Heaven with those who are in favor of Jesus? Because they don't want to.

You can want to go to Heaven to be with Jesus. All you have to do is change your mind about Him, and repent of your sins... especially the sin of unbelief. Your choice.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:00:45 PM

To answer your questions...

When Jesus died on the cross, He took the punishment for all sins... for all mistakes... to correct the whole thing. Since all sins have been paid for, there is nothing owing.

It's like a bank loan. If a person can't make payments on his bank loan, and a different person pays off the loan for him, does he still owe it? No. The loan has been paid. There is essentially no loan any longer.

When Jesus arose from the dead, He did so with a glorified body. This body can no longer die. It can walk through walls. It can appear and disappear. It can eat food. It can be disguised so two guys walking along the road won't know Jesus until Jesus reveals Himself to them in breaking bread. It can rise into the sky to be hidden by a cloud and no longer seen. In other words, it is a super body, greater than that of our superman comic book character.

Who gets a super body like Jesus? Everybody. Why? The whole penalty of sins and debts has been paid by Jesus. There is not one sin remaining. Every person gets a body that cannot die... in the resurrection. This glorious body that everybody receives will keep every soul alive, forever, because, like the body of Jesus, they can no longer die.

Now here is the stickler. Some people believe Jesus and are on His side, in His army so to speak. They will go to Heaven to receive joy through God's revelations to them. Other people don't believe Jesus, and will go to Hell where their super-body will keep them alive in torment forever. Why forever? Because the body is a gift from Jesus. He won it for them in His death on the cross. It is like His. It can no longer die.

Why won't they go to Heaven with those who are in favor of Jesus? Because they don't want to.

You can want to go to Heaven to be with Jesus. All you have to do is change your mind about Him, and repent of your sins... especially the sin of unbelief. Your choice.

Cool

''When Jesus died on the cross, He took the punishment for all sins... for all mistakes... to correct the whole thing. Since all sins have been paid for, there is nothing owing.'' First of all, isn't Jesus, God? And why would he ''sacrifice'' himself for us and can you even call it a sacrifice if he revived later on? Why does God need anyone to sacrifice himself to save us and why would that save us?

''If a person can't make payments on his bank loan, and a different person pays off the loan for him, does he still owe it? No'' Nice analogy buddy, are we supposed to kill ourselves for god at all times and that's why jesus sacrificed himself or how does it work.

Wouldn't an all knowing god already know all this, why allow it in the first place if the whole thing is going to be a mess and he will kill everyone with the flood? If he was going to kill everyone why bother creating humans before that?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:39:40 AM

''When Jesus died on the cross, He took the punishment for all sins... for all mistakes... to correct the whole thing. Since all sins have been paid for, there is nothing owing.'' First of all, isn't Jesus, God? - Yes, Jesus is God. And why would he ''sacrifice'' himself for us and can you even call it a sacrifice if he revived later on? - He didn't revive. He died. He took our place, paid our debt, because He and His Father loved us. Why does God need anyone to sacrifice himself to save us and why would that save us? - God is self-sufficient. He doesn't need anything. Because Jesus is God, He is great enough to be able to save all of us with His death in place of ours.

''If a person can't make payments on his bank loan, and a different person pays off the loan for him, does he still owe it? No'' Nice analogy buddy, are we supposed to kill ourselves for god at all times and that's why jesus sacrificed himself or how does it work. - No, we are not supposed to kill ourselves. But we are allowed if we are sacrificing ourselves for the lives of others out of love for them. See previous paragraph for the reason why Jesus sacrificed Himself.

Wouldn't an all knowing god already know all this, why allow it in the first place if the whole thing is going to be a mess - To give you freedom to be able to make choices, be they right ones or wrong ones. and he will kill everyone with the flood? - Since He didn't kill everyone with a flood, the question is not applicable. If he was going to kill everyone why bother creating humans before that? - Since He didn't kill everyone, the question is not applicable.

A Sunday school child could answer your silly questions. Go on back to Sunday school for the rest of the answers.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Astargath

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:40:54 AM

''When Jesus died on the cross, He took the punishment for all sins... for all mistakes... to correct the whole thing. Since all sins have been paid for, there is nothing owing.'' First of all, isn't Jesus, God? - Yes, Jesus is God. And why would he ''sacrifice'' himself for us and can you even call it a sacrifice if he revived later on? - He didn't revive. He died. He took our place, paid our debt, because He and His Father loved us. Why does God need anyone to sacrifice himself to save us and why would that save us? - God is self-sufficient. He doesn't need anything. Because Jesus is God, He is great enough to be able to save all of us with His death in place of ours.

''If a person can't make payments on his bank loan, and a different person pays off the loan for him, does he still owe it? No'' Nice analogy buddy, are we supposed to kill ourselves for god at all times and that's why jesus sacrificed himself or how does it work. - No, we are not supposed to kill ourselves. But we are allowed if we are sacrificing ourselves for the lives of others out of love for them. See previous paragraph for the reason why Jesus sacrificed Himself.

Wouldn't an all knowing god already know all this, why allow it in the first place if the whole thing is going to be a mess - To give you freedom to be able to make choices, be they right ones or wrong ones. and he will kill everyone with the flood? - Since He didn't kill everyone with a flood, the question is not applicable. If he was going to kill everyone why bother creating humans before that? - Since He didn't kill everyone, the question is not applicable.

A Sunday school child could answer your silly questions. Go on back to Sunday school for the rest of the answers.

Cool

He killed everyone but 9 people or so with the flood so yes he did kill almost everyone, what happened to their freedom? Everything that happened until that point was destroyed so why bother making it in the first place? Why was the flood necessary? Was it because he made a mistake when creating humans? Otherwise why intervene at all if he is trying to give us ''free will''. How can you argue free will when god is interfering all the time.

If Jesus saved us, why are we still here and not in heaven?

If god gave us free will then why is he pissed about it when people do evil/stupid shit? Why would he need to kill us, he knew it would happen, makes no sense, 0 logic.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Moloch

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:04:27 PM

Why was the flood necessary?

What flood?

Chinese history goes back more than 5000 years, and makes no mention of a worldwide flood.  If there was a worldwide flood that killed everyone except 9 people (who were clearly not Chinese), China would not have such a history.

Biblical flood myth disproved by science... easy peasy
Astargath

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:41:40 PM

What flood?

Chinese history goes back more than 5000 years, and makes no mention of a worldwide flood.  If there was a worldwide flood that killed everyone except 9 people (who were clearly not Chinese), China would not have such a history.

''Biblical flood myth disproved by science'' That wont work with badecker, we are past scientific evidence. Only thing left is to make him realize how stupid and illogical it is.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Moloch

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:46:49 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2), af_newbie (1)

What flood?

''Biblical flood myth disproved by science'' That wont work with badecker, we are past scientific evidence. Only thing left is to make him realize how stupid and illogical it is.

It amazes me that someone denies evolution, but believes the flood killed all but 9 people (all from the same family)... and within a couple thousand years we have Chinese, whites, blacks, Indians, and all sorts of variations...

That is literally evolution, except even faster than science proposes it happened... no scientist would claim that all the races on earth evolved in only ~3000 years, but religion claims this happened... yet denies evolution exists at the same time... quite a paradox
Astargath

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:09:49 PM

What flood?

It amazes me that someone denies evolution, but believes the flood killed all but 9 people (all from the same family)... and within a couple thousand years we have Chinese, whites, blacks, Indians, and all sorts of variations...

That is literally evolution, except even faster than science proposes it happened... no scientist would claim that all the races on earth evolved in only ~3000 years, but religion claims this happened... yet denies evolution exists at the same time... quite a paradox

What can you expect from people who believe that all the languages we have originated because god was ''angry'' (A god cannot be angry) and decided to mess up with the people that were building the babel tower and make them speak different languages.

How can anyone sane believe that?

It's also amazing how they are always defending free will but it seems to me that in the bible God is punishing people all the time for using their free will, essentially destroying it.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
joappa

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 08:27:21 PM

Acouple of weekends ago, I attended what was perhaps the Christian non-event of the year, the Christian Book Expo in Dallas. Organizers had expected 15,000 to walk the aisles, meeting authors and buying books. Only 1,500 showed up. One thing people did show up for, though, was to hear the atheist.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:44:17 PM

When yu read about Ancient Israel in the Old Testament, you will see that they often forsook God and were punished for it. It's always been like that for people of all nations. It's just happening in the USA, now. Nothing different.

But there may be something different this time. The things that are happening in the world of today, are things that match the prophesies that Jesus made about the end times. We may be closer than ever to the time when Jesus returns.

AI is being prepared that just might be great enough for the Soul of Satan to ride within it... so that the release of the great dragon at the end times may be extremely near.

Cool

dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:04:08 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2018, 02:27:01 AM by dippididodaday
Merited by Astargath (1)

The answer is simple: Atheists hate religion because religion is at the root of all inflicted injustices still ongoing, since the beginning of time. It is this very virus that has caused countless suffering and annihilation, spreading like a vicious cancer in its wake, infesting homo sapiens left and right into lethargic torpid zombies, feeding upon itself till exuberance of its toxicity has infiltrated and corrupted the very last pinnacles of homo sapientian civilizations.

But a thunderous shot across the bow has been heard in recent times. Religion has finally, after hellish millennia, been stunned, and nail after nail, with victorious force, have steadily been driven down into the coffin of this absolute ominous and abominous pest, with sustainable lasting results. Smiley

There is some [common] sense left in this cancerous environment, a antidote if you will. It is called Atheism. And nowadays Atheists have indeed grown into a formidable force of retribution, to eviscerate this cancerous plague called religion. Long live Atheism!

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:16:47 PM

The answer is simple: Atheists hate religion because religion is at the root of all inflicted injustices still ongoing, since the beginning of time. It is this very virus that has caused countless suffering and annihilation, spreading like a vicious cancer in its wake, infesting homo sapiens left and right into lethargic torpid zombies, feeding upon itself till exuberance of its toxicity has infiltrated and corrupted the very last pinnacles of homo sapientian civilizations.

But a thunderous shot across the bow has been heard in recent times. Religion has finally, after hellish millennia, been stunned, and nail after nail, with victorious force, have steadily been driven down into the coffin of this absolute ominous and abominous pest, with sustainable lasting results. Smiley

There is some [common] sense left in this cancerous environment, a antidote if you will. It is called Atheism. And nowadays Atheists have indeed grown into a formidable force of retribution, to eviscerate this cancerous plague called religion. Long live Atheism!

Are religious people different than non-religious people? Yes and no.

No. They all breathe air. They all drink water. They all eat food. They all think and learn.

Yes. Religious people work diligently at things. Non-religious people don't.

It's in the definition of the word religion. See #6 and other parts of religion in the dictionary:
something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

If an atheist hates religion, he isn't really hating religion. Why not? Hate is a very strong word. Hate is a point or matter of ethics or conscience, just like the dictionary definition says. This means that an atheist doesn't hate religion. If he did, he would stop hating. As it is, he is doing the exact thing that he purportedly is hating... if he hates religion.

If a so-called atheist hates religion, what he really hates is some form of violence, something that happened to him in early life, the fact that some people have more wealth than he does, perhaps an illness that he has, his own messed-up life in general, or any of a multitude of things that go on in life. But the fact that he hates, shows that he has a religion, because hate is tied to something that one believes in and follows devotedly... a revulsion towards something.

To suggest that an atheist hates religion is to suggest that an atheist hates himself. While this may be true in some cases, it generally isn't. More explanation is necessary. The difference lies in organized religion.

For example. There might be many atheists who hate the Jewish religion. The Jewish religion has a place of worship. They have formal scrolls and books of doctrine. They often know each other and practice their religious activities together. But the atheist hate religion doesn't do these things very often... although they are getting together more and more to do something with their hate religion these days. Their meeting place might be a Denny's restaurant conference room. They get to know each other. They actually write up plans how they are going to demonstrate against the Jews, etc.

The atheist hate religion is becoming more formal all the time.

Cool

Astargath

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:20:12 PM

No. They all breathe air. They all drink water. They all eat food. They all think and learn.

It's in the definition of the word religion. See #6 and other parts of religion in the dictionary:
something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

If an atheist hates religion, he isn't really hating religion. Why not? Hate is a very strong word. Hate is a point or matter of ethics or conscience, just like the dictionary definition says. This means that an atheist doesn't hate religion. If he did, he would stop hating. As it is, he is doing the exact thing that he purportedly is hating... if he hates religion.

If a so-called atheist hates religion, what he really hates is some form of violence, something that happened to him in early life, the fact that some people have more wealth than he does, perhaps an illness that he has, his own messed-up life in general, or any of a multitude of things that go on in life. But the fact that he hates, shows that he has a religion, because hate is tied to something that one believes in and follows devotedly... a revulsion towards something.

To suggest that an atheist hates religion is to suggest that an atheist hates himself. While this may be true in some cases, it generally isn't. More explanation is necessary. The difference lies in organized religion.

For example. There might be many atheists who hate the Jewish religion. The Jewish religion has a place of worship. They have formal scrolls and books of doctrine. They often know each other and practice their religious activities together. But the atheist hate religion doesn't do these things very often... although they are getting together more and more to do something with their hate religion these days. Their meeting place might be a Denny's restaurant conference room. They get to know each other. The actually write up plans how they are going to demonstrate against the Jews, etc.

Cool

Get it right:

Religion = believing non sense when it's not scientifically proven to be true or even close to it.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:59:58 PM

For example. There might be many atheists who hate the Jewish religion. The Jewish religion has a place of worship. They have formal scrolls and books of doctrine. They often know each other and practice their religious activities together. But the atheist hate religion doesn't do these things very often... although they are getting together more and more to do something with their hate religion these days. Their meeting place might be a Denny's restaurant conference room. They get to know each other. The actually write up plans how they are going to demonstrate against the Jews, etc.

Cool

Get it right:

Religion = believing non sense when it's not scientifically proven to be true or even close to it.

Get it right:

Science is religion because it has as much nonsense in it as any other religion. This is evident by the fact that the religions wouldn't exist if they had nonsense in them.

Cool

Astargath

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:22:31 PM

Cool

Get it right:

Get it right:

Science is religion because it has as much nonsense in it as any other religion. This is evident by the fact that the religions wouldn't exist if they had nonsense in them.

Cool

''This is evident by the fact that the religions wouldn't exist if they had nonsense in them.'' Again with the logic of a 5 year old, so everything that exists has to make sense, there is nothing that has nonsense and exists right?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:07:23 PM

Get it right:

Cool

Scientific theories confirmed by observations or physical evidence are pretty solid. As close to a fact as you can get.

You are probably thinking about scientific theories that have not been confirmed by observations or physical evidence yet and you are calling them nonsense.

Usually these unconfirmed theories are based on a little more than sentences someone wrote in a book.

Religions on the other hand have some wild, supernatural claims, and flat out false information (6000 year old Earth, virgin conception, winged horses and 6 day creation comes to mind)

Then there is Big Bang, of course. Using a bare minimum of mathematical theorems, BB attempts to show how the universe came about from a big explosion. Yet it depends on other theory and ideas to explain how the complexity that we have in the universe could ever come about through an explosion.

Marvel Avengers movies do a better job of explaining the universe than BB.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:55:48 PM

Get it right:

Cool

Scientific theories confirmed by observations or physical evidence are pretty solid. As close to a fact as you can get.

You are probably thinking about scientific theories that have not been confirmed by observations or physical evidence yet and you are calling them nonsense.

Usually these unconfirmed theories are based on a little more than sentences someone wrote in a book.

Religions on the other hand have some wild, supernatural claims, and flat out false information (6000 year old Earth, virgin conception, winged horses and 6 day creation comes to mind)

Then there is Big Bang, of course. Using a bare minimum of mathematical theorems, BB attempts to show how the universe came about from a big explosion. Yet it depends on other theory and ideas to explain how the complexity that we have in the universe could ever come about through an explosion.

Cool

What has been proven is that the early universe was much, much smaller, and that the universe is expanding.  The further away from Earth the object is the faster it moves away.  The pulling (Dark Energy) and pushing (Dark Matter and ordinary matter) tug of war is going on everywhere in the universe.  In our backyard, the Dark Matter is winning so we are ok for now.

You want to hear and see the remnant signals of the Big Bang, turn on your TV and switch to an OTA channel with no programming.  

What has not been observed is the actual beginning of the Big Bang.

There are some theories that say that our universe came about from a singularity of a black hole somewhere in another universe.  But they have not been confirmed by evidence.

Except that nobody has proven that BB existed. But if they somehow do, all that they will be proving is that BB is God, and that it was God that created everything.

Back to religion again.

Cool

Astargath

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:17:50 PM

Get it right:

Cool

Cool

What has been proven is that the early universe was much, much smaller, and that the universe is expanding.  The further away from Earth the object is the faster it moves away.  The pulling (Dark Energy) and pushing (Dark Matter and ordinary matter) tug of war is going on everywhere in the universe.  In our backyard, the Dark Matter is winning so we are ok for now.

You want to hear and see the remnant signals of the Big Bang, turn on your TV and switch to an OTA channel with no programming.  

What has not been observed is the actual beginning of the Big Bang.

There are some theories that say that our universe came about from a singularity of a black hole somewhere in another universe.  But they have not been confirmed by evidence.

Except that nobody has proven that BB existed. But if they somehow do, all that they will be proving is that BB is God, and that it was God that created everything.

Back to religion again.

Cool

Yeah, you are mentally challenged. You keep yelling your classic ''Except that nobody has proven that BB existed'' Except we have scientific evidence for it unlike god, yet you believe god exists and you don't believe the big bang happened, your mind doesn't work.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: