Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:13:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 02:30:16 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2019, 05:57:55 PM by af_newbie

You have no proof that afterlife or any Gods exist, yet you somehow think you stand on the higher moral ground by having these irrational beliefs.  

Goodness can also be brought by people who do not contemplate God and are convinced that belief in the supernatural is a bunch of horseshit.  How would you explain that? LOL.

You are an enigma to me.  You seem to understand what I am talking about, but yet have this mental block when it comes to your irrational assumption about the 'creator of the universe who influences the world through the actions of people who believe in him'.

How in the world can you prove that your God influences the actions of people who contemplate him? Aren't hardcore Atheists not God's children? Aren't billions of Hindus or Chinese Buddhists not God's children?

It’s very easy to prove God influences the actions of people who contemplate him there are examples of this happening every day. Here is a personal one.

I am a physician. Yesterday I had a patient come in to see me who was very poor and on Medicaid. In my field most providers in my specialty do not take Medicaid because it does not pay particularly well. The patient in question was a candidate for an interventional procedure I do to help with her condition. Most private insurances would have paid for it Medicaid will not because well because its Medicaid and sometimes you get what you pay for when it comes to insurance. So I put her on my schedule and will do the procedure for free. Why, because I can, she can benefit, and she honestly has no way to pay for it. She is poor I am not. I would not have done that 5 years ago before I started to contemplate God. In fact I would not have seen her at all because business is business and it is certainly not good business to do things for free or for that matter to see Medicaid patients at all. Now did God do that or did I do that? Well it was certainly me but I only did so because at some point in my life I started to contemplate God. So God gets the lion’s share of the credit probably all the credit because it was ultimately God and my contemplation of him that led to the act of mercy.

Goodness can indeed be brought into the world by people who do not contemplate God. Hardcore Atheists and billions of Hindus or Chinese Buddhists are most definitely God's children. Undeniably many of them by our very lenient human standards are good. You seem to place a high value on charity and helping others. Perhaps you would have done the exact same in my shoes. Perhaps you would do far more good and for far greater numbers if you had the exact same resources and skill sets I do. That is not the point. Some people are innately taller, some stronger, and other are more inherently good or evil then others. I am somewhere in the middle not particularly good not particularly evil average overall, I'd say except for academics I was blessed to be above average in that area. These differences are often inherent some people are naturally compassionate other have no inherent empathy at all.

The question is how we exceed ourselves. How do we go beyond our build in default condition? What is the best way to become good if we are not naturally very good or become better if we are already good? The answer is two-fold: 1) we can in theory fundamentally change ourselves at the biological or mental level. We lack the ability to do this now but there is no doubt this kind of change is coming soon and will almost certainly go catastrophically awry if we are not much wiser by the time it gets here 2) We can accept a fundamental Truth and worldview that forces attention to goodness front and center and into every aspect of our lives and propagate that Truth into the future. This second option is transformative. If chosen on a large enough scale it may just prevent or more realistically delay our self-destruction once the first option becomes possible.    

The mental block is yours as is ultimately the irrationality I understand your particular block well enough to know that you will translate all of this as my psychological need for irrational beliefs or God in order to "feel good" or "be good" or “address my insecurities.”  In doing so you will entirely miss the point. I understand why you think the way you do because I once shared a worldview not all that different from your and then rejected it so it is not hard for me to slip into old habits and envision the world as you do. The reverse is probably not true hence the enigma.

CoinCube,

I still do not see that it was God who influenced you to help the lady.  It was you, not your God.  You might think it was God, but the reality is it was you and only you who made that decision.  You could have done the same thing if you contemplated your own life, the life of other people around you, or humanity in general.

People think the God helps them because it is a useful psychological self-help.  It builds confidence in your actions.

It is like people who in survival situations believe that everything will be ok and survive, will actually increase the chances of survival.

Same goes for sick people, those who believe that they will get better (believers or Atheists) will actually get better without medical intervention.  Some religious people will scream 'miracle', but the reality is that the body's immune system is helped when patients reduce stress.

The use of your psychological help (aka God) is fine if you need it, but it does not make him or her real.

Like I said before, many people who know that your God does not exist do a lot of good in their communities.  It is not God it is people who do good things.  I hope you understand that much.

BTW, there are also many people who kill or start wars in the name of (your or other) Gods.  Do you remember George W. Bush conversations with God?  Did you see what ISIS is doing?  These people are convinced they are influenced by God, but the reality is they are doing what they are doing.

People are responsible for their good and bad actions.  Only people, there is no God involved because God does not exist.  

God is the product of an overactive imagination.  That is all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 04:59:57 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2019, 05:12:19 AM by CoinCube

CoinCube,

I still do not see that it was God who influenced you to help the lady.  It was you, not your God.  You might think it was God, but the reality is it was you and only you who made that decision.  You could have done the same thing if you contemplated your own life, the life of other people around you, or humanity in general.

People think the God helps them because it is a useful psychological self-help.  It builds confidence in your actions.

It is like people who in survival situations believe that everything will be ok and survive, will actually increase the chances of survival.

Same goes for sick people, those who believe that they will get better (believers or Atheists) will actually get better without medical intervention.  Some religious people will scream 'miracle', but the reality is that the body's immune system is helped when patients reduce stress.

The use of your psychological help (aka God) is fine if you need it, but it does not make him or her real.

Like I said before, many people who know that your God does not exist do a lot of good in their communities.  It is not God it is people who do good things.  I hope you understand that much.

BTW, there are also many people who kill or start wars in the name of (your or other) Gods.  Do you remember George W. Bush conversations with God?  Did you see what ISIS is doing?  These people are convinced they are influenced by God, by the reality is they are doing what they are doing.

People are responsible for their good and bad actions.  Only people, there is no God involved because God does not exist.  

I think you would benefit from expanding your imagination.

Imagination is essential to problem solving and the current human condition is one of the biggest problems around.

Why Imagination is Essential To Problem Solving
https://medium.com/@mananhora/le-petit-prince-and-why-imagination-is-essential-to-problem-solving-6ff6b2b30eaf

Quote from: Manan Hora
Today, in trying to solve the world’s most pressing and challenging problems, we need to be able to see things in different ways. To go beyond what is obvious and visible. To imagine all the possibilities. Not just to come up with innovative solutions but more importantly, to first be able to correctly identify the problem, and be able to look at it in different ways. In trying to come up with new ideas to solve a problem or design a new feature for a product, a lot of people engage in ‘brainstorming sessions’, where you typically sit in groups, perhaps with a whiteboard, and try to come up with as many solutions as possible for solving the problem, which is great for generating new ideas. But I think before that, it’s important to spend time with the problem. As Albert Einstein once said: “If I had an hour to solve a problem I’d spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.”

‘The Slow Elevator Problem’…

Now, imagine you’re a landlord of an office building in New York in the 1930s. And the employees in the office complain to you that the elevators are slow in the building, and threaten to leave if nothing is done about it. Now this is a serious problem, you could end up losing your tenants if you don’t fix it. You’ll probably call your team of engineers and get them to come up with possible solutions to make elevators faster. But that’s not what this one particular landlord did when faced with the same problem.

You might think that the problem is that the elevators are slow, and the landlord should get better machines and make them faster. But is that really the problem? Or rather, is that the only way of looking at the problem?

Here are some other possible perspectives:

a)The tenants are not good because they complain a lot, so they should be fired.

b)The threat of leaving is the problem- if the landlord offers the tenants something else in return for not complaining/threatening to leave, it may solve the landlord’s problem

c)Or…The tenants don’t like to wait for the elevators. It’s the waiting, and the boredom that comes with having nothing to do while waiting, that’s the problem.

This is exactly how the landlord saw the problem. So he decided to install mirrors in the elevator waiting areas, to give people something to engage themselves with (admiring themselves in the mirror), whilst they waited for the elevators. And it actually worked. The installation of mirrors was made quickly and at a relatively low cost. The complaints about waiting stopped. Today, if you’ve noticed, it’s fairly commonplace to have mirrors outside elevators. And that, is how this practice started.

If we have a hammer, we tend to see everything as a nail, but it may not be a nail, it may be a hole in the wall, or a leak in the pipe, or any one of a hundred and forty six other things. We need to open our minds to see things differently. To go beyond the obvious. To use our creativity to think of different approaches and perspectives to the problem at hand. Had the landlord tried to make elevators faster, he would have ended up spending much more money and resources, but all he did was install mirrors and the problem was solved.

Lesson: Don’t try to build faster elevators. Use your imagination to get to the root of the problem before trying to fix it.

So what is the root of the problem? That’s a very big question but here is one way of framing it that I borrowed from miscreanity.

The optimal way to increase freedom for individuals is to allow and enable instead of control. A universal strategy is an essential foundation that enables freedom. Without that, we have the situation that is developing now with varying viewpoints where some sets are progressing toward destruction. Competition can take place when there is room for growth but on a globally saturated scale, nobody wins.

Reproductive strategy is likely to become essentially irrelevant for humanity, possibly within our lifetimes. It seems inevitable that our existing biological bodies will give way to different forms that will carry us off-planet. Furthermore it is probable that we are expanding into a universe that is not empty. It will contain other life some older and much farther along then us some younger with the potential to become like us in time.

Allowing and enabling all individuals indeed all life to thrive in a constructive environment will become paramount.

What then is the protocol that keeps our freedom from becoming destructive?

Of course, my thinking is that the protocol is outlined in the Christian bible.

If you disagree the onus is on you to genuinely solve the problem another way and the solution cannot be limited to yourself but must be be alive capable of propagating to others and able to sustain itself and grow. It is in your self interest to find a solution to the problem and to be absolutely confident and certain in your answer.

dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 03:07:17 AM

On this day 2019, international women's day, I'd like to echo some of the google iterations also applicable here:

"Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations." - Dr. Mae Jemison, American astronaut and physician

"Lass durch nichts in der welt dich binden als durch deine höchste innere wahrheit." - Emma Herwegh, German writer
"Let nothing bind you in the world but through your highest inner truth"

"Eu soumais forte do que eu." - Clarice Lispector, Brazilian novelist
"I am stronger than I am."

"Courage calls to courage everywhere." - Millicent Fawcett, British writer and suffragette

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 04:43:34 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2019, 09:01:25 PM by BADecker

On this day 2019, international women's day, I'd like to echo some of the google iterations also applicable here:

"Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations." - Dr. Mae Jemison, American astronaut and physician - But be wise enough to see that you are the one who limits your imagination most, without the limitations of the imaginations of others.

"Lass durch nichts in der welt dich binden als durch deine höchste innere wahrheit." - Emma Herwegh, German writer
"Let nothing bind you in the world but through your highest inner truth" - But find your highest inner truth, rather than just imagining that you have found it. It's based in cause and effect, which is controlled by God.

"Eu soumais forte do que eu." - Clarice Lispector, Brazilian novelist
"I am stronger than I am." - Since you are also weaker than you are, be humble enough to admit that you might be limiting your strength by your weakness. Keep testing reality, not just what you think reality is.

"Courage calls to courage everywhere." - Millicent Fawcett, British writer and suffragette
But realize, also, that courage fills the world with martyrs.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3482

born once atheist

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 08:23:21 PM

What part of there's a giant bearded dude in the sky that created earth and man don't you understand?

Notbatman is a simpleton or troll who ignores all scientific evidence, believes that everyone is engaged in a giant conspiracy to hide the nature of the planet and can apparently only visualize an infinite creator as a big man in the sky with a giant beard.

Nevertheless he is correct in this one implication. The existence of a creator is a straightforward and logical a priori. There is no observed example of spontaneous and sustained de-novo creation in the observed universe. Yet here we are and we can trace our existence back to a unique moment of infinite creation when the entire universe emerged and then expanded from a single point in space and time. Given the complexity of the universe and ourselves the belief there is a creative entity behind it all is indeed not hard to understand.

Bible is clearly and 100% without a shadow of doubt a flat earth book.

So what part of creation account exactly you do not understand, globo loving..don't know what.

Hey wtf are you and Batty doing in here? This ain't Flat Earth claptrap trolling, ffs.
It's the magic invisible bearded sky fairy dude discussion.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 02:57:26 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2019, 08:46:09 PM by BADecker

What part of there's a giant bearded dude in the sky that created earth and man don't you understand?

The whole thing. If you are talking about God, nobody knows that He is bearded. And nobody can see him, because, as the Bible says, He dwells in thick clouds... so that nobody dies by seeing Him, as other parts of the Bible say will happen when you DO see Him.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 03:01:42 PM

So what part of creation account exactly you do not understand, globo loving..don't know what.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_ZROuDy8PQ0/U0ANRKbjj1I/AAAAAAAAVK4/EvEWnfJ9Mc4/s1600/flatearth13.jpg

You need to remember that the Bible doesn't declare that the earth is flat. How do we know? Up until the time of the printing press, the Bible was written on scrolls as often as it was written in book form. This shows that the earth is cylindrical. So, get off it. FE's not what the Bible is for.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 03:05:40 PM

Hey wtf are you and Batty doing in here? This ain't Flat Earth claptrap trolling, ffs.

https://i.imgur.com/HUKxIJ7.jpg

The only thing you are doing is attempting to proclaim mankind as God. Mankind doesn't even know for a fact what will happen the next second. You can tell by all the car accidents that happen. The potential accidents that don't happen, don't happen because God has set up a logical universe, and holds the logic in place.

Why will you die? Because it is part of the logic you are asking for by not accepting God. You are pushing Him away, but because He is so GREAT, you are the one who is moving... right out of life.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2019, 01:41:48 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_ZROuDy8PQ0/U0ANRKbjj1I/AAAAAAAAVK4/EvEWnfJ9Mc4/s1600/flatearth13.jpg

You need to remember that the Bible doesn't declare that the earth is flat. How do we know? Up until the time of the printing press, the Bible was written on scrolls as often as it was written in book form. This shows that the earth is cylindrical.

With such 'incredible' inductive skills, no wonder you convinced yourself that the Bible stories are true.  "Bible is true because it says so...".

Following your logic, all human heads are round, all soccer balls are round, there are brains in all human heads, therefore all soccer balls have brains inside them. LOL.

Try deduction for a change. ROLF.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 03:56:08 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2019, 08:48:07 PM by BADecker

You need to remember that the Bible doesn't declare that the earth is flat. How do we know? Up until the time of the printing press, the Bible was written on scrolls as often as it was written in book form. This shows that the earth is cylindrical.

With such 'incredible' inductive skills, no wonder you convinced yourself that the Bible stories are true.  "Bible is true because it says so...".

Following your logic, all human heads are round, all soccer balls are round, there are brains in all human heads, therefore all soccer balls have brains inside them. LOL.

Try deduction for a change. ROLF.

I admire your honesty in adding the 3 little dots to my post you quoted, showing thereby that there is more. But it is the "more" that negates all you said here. What is the more? This: "So, get off it. FE's not what the Bible is for."

So you see? I wasn't talking about the science or reality of things. I was using the post to contradict the silliness of exemplaar's flat earth idea in the Bible.

The idea of all kinds of stuff that is called science, is as silly as the FE idea. Since what exists shows that God exists, and REAL science backs it all up, you are just as silly in atheism as exemplaar is in flat earth.

Of course, you are dangerously silly. Because exemplaar at least understands that God exists.

Cool

Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 08:38:37 PM

Based on the definition of the word Atheist its meaning is not believing in God and you said that that you do not believe in religion so you are not an atheist but simply anti-religion. Not all religions have God some are just composed of rules, laws and teachings on morality and related beliefs. There are people who believe there is a supreme being called god while they do not want to belong to any religion at all.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 12:12:16 AM

Why do Atheists Hate Religion?

Because they are so embarrassed about themselves, because they can't prove God doesn't exist, that they have to take it out on something. So they take it out on religion, because they are embarrassed enough to destroy themselves right along with their atheism religion.

Cool

exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 10:52:52 PM

Notbatman is a simpleton or troll who ignores all scientific evidence, believes that everyone is engaged in a giant conspiracy to hide the nature of the planet and can apparently only visualize an infinite creator as a big man in the sky with a giant beard.

Nevertheless he is correct in this one implication. The existence of a creator is a straightforward and logical a priori. There is no observed example of spontaneous and sustained de-novo creation in the observed universe. Yet here we are and we can trace our existence back to a unique moment of infinite creation when the entire universe emerged and then expanded from a single point in space and time. Given the complexity of the universe and ourselves the belief there is a creative entity behind it all is indeed not hard to understand.

This is not discussion about gravity. You're out of azimuth today my friend. In fact you're out all the time.  Grin Time to wake up as bonus period is slowly coming to an end.

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 11:13:19 PM

This is not discussion about gravity. You're out of azimuth today my friend. In fact you're out all the time.  Grin Time to wake up as bonus period is slowly coming to an end.

You are conflating multiple delusions while traversing some remote parts of your schizophrenic realm.

exemplaar

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 11:27:43 PM

Says the ape man who believes that he is a monkey living on a spinning ball...

You have no guts to face reality.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+22%3A10-17&version=AMP

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 01:10:07 AM

^^^  You are such a joker. You bring flat earth into it, and then you suggest that people think that they are living on a spinning ball. Nobody thinks that they are living on a spinning ball. There isn't any iron/steel dome mentioned in the Bible.

It's jokers like you with their stupidity, who help atheists be atheists.

Cool

Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 01:52:47 PM

Based on the definition of the word Atheist its meaning is not believing in God and you said that that you do not believe in religion so you are not an atheist but simply anti-religion. Not all religions have God some are just composed of rules, laws and teachings on morality and related beliefs. There are people who believe there is a supreme being called god while they do not want to belong to any religion at all.

With so many religions popping up here and there and so many versions of god from way back in history,  it's not a surprise that some peoole just decide not to believe at all. I've read arguments of atheists, agnostics and theists, mainly christians, and some atheist points have valid grounds. We can all live with different beliefs so i'd say stop the hate altogether and just respect what other people want to believe.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 08:51:36 PM

^^^ Simply the response to atheism.     Cool

exemplaar

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 08:22:50 PM

^^^  You are such a joker. You bring flat earth into it, and then you suggest that people think that they are living on a spinning ball. Nobody thinks that they are living on a spinning ball. There isn't any iron/steel dome mentioned in the Bible.

Cool

You are totally wrong.
Atheism derived through spinning ball earth heliocentric deception. Either you are extremely ignorant and unable to properly read your Bible, or you are a sellout.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 10:34:17 PM

Cool

You are totally wrong.
Atheism derived through spinning ball earth heliocentric deception. Either you are extremely ignorant and unable to properly read your Bible, or you are a sellout.

https://flatearthscienceandbible.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/img_4723.jpg

Where in the Bible does it even hint at the idea that people live on a spinning ball? Where does it even hint that there is a steel/iron dome? Why in the world would you think that the flat earth idea would keep anyone from being an atheist?

Bible believers don't think that they live on a spinning ball. Only FE believers think this about some Bible believers.

There is a suggestion in the first chapter of Genesis that there was a canopy of water around the earth. This is only a suggestion, because it never says "canopy." It doesn't say how far above the sky the water was. It could be billions of miles. And it doesn't say a word about a steel/iron dome.

Atheists don't believe that God exists, because of the silly preaching that FE people like you do. Everybody knows the earth is a globe. But even if people only thought this, and it wasn't true, when FE Christians come along and contradict what everybody knows is true (GE), people don't reject only the FE idea. Rather, they reject Christianity. I mean, they realize that if Christians are so stupid that they think the earth is flat, they are just as stupid about the existence of a God.

So, it is you stupid FE Christians that are helping atheism to grow more than ever. After all, the Bible is meant for salvation... not to prove the shape of the earth.

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: