Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:26:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901255 times)
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 01:16:10 AM

... delusional man talking...blah, blah...

I can assure you I am not the unknown entity, outside of this universe (aka your personal 'God').  I am a primate so are you.

No af_newbie you are not God no matter how much you want to be.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 01:18:36 AM

... delusional man talking...blah, blah...

I can assure you I am not the unknown entity, outside of this universe (aka your personal 'God').  I am a primate so are you.

No af_newbie you are not God no matter how much you want to be.

You just fucking said that I am setting myself as the unknown entity, outside of the known universe.

You are a madman.  You have no idea what are you saying.

I live in the real world, unlike you.

Ps. I am done talking to you.  I think you are a delusional, unhappy man.  On the level of BADecker or notbatman.  You have constructed your delusion to provide you with some psychological comfort; and you keep complaining about the changing world around you.

CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 01:24:29 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2019, 01:48:38 AM by CoinCube

You just fucking said that I am setting myself as the unknown entity, outside of the known universe.

No you lack reading comprehension. I said you are too deeply enmeshed (in your extremely foolish worldview) and that it was beyond my abilities to help extract you.

Edit: In fairness I did say earlier that the error in your worldview was in setting collective human opinion as a god aka your ultimate arbitrator of truth and value. I can see how you could potentially misinterpret that.

PS. I am done talking to you.  I think you are a delusional, unhappy man.  On the level of BADecker or notbatman.  You have constructed your delusion to provide you with some psychological comfort; and you keep complaining about the changing world around you.

Ok it was nice chatting with you. I am a pretty happy man to be honest. I have a fulfilling career great children and a wonderful wife. Bitcoin has also been very good to me. Not retirement good but I will probably be able to retire 10 years earlier because of it. I doubt I will retire early because I like what I do but it's nice to have the option.

We clearly disagree on the nature of reality and the disagreement leads to some very strong differences of opinion. You are correct that further conversation is unlikely to be productive so it seems prudent to wrap it up.

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 08:14:36 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2019, 08:26:56 AM by af_newbie

No you lack reading comprehension. I said you are too deeply enmeshed (in your extremely foolish worldview) and that it was beyond my abilities to help extract you.

Edit: In fairness I did say earlier that the error in your worldview was in setting collective human opinion as a god aka your ultimate arbitrator of truth and value. I can see how you could potentially misinterpret that.

PS. I am done talking to you.  I think you are a delusional, unhappy man.  On the level of BADecker or notbatman.  You have constructed your delusion to provide you with some psychological comfort; and you keep complaining about the changing world around you.

Ok it was nice chatting with you. I am a pretty happy man to be honest. I have a fulfilling career great children and a wonderful wife. Bitcoin has also been very good to me. Not retirement good but I will probably be able to retire 10 years earlier because of it. I doubt I will retire early because I like what I do but it's nice to have the option.

We clearly disagree on the nature of reality and the disagreement leads to some very strong differences of opinion. You are correct that further conversation is unlikely to be productive so it seems prudent to wrap it up.

CoinCube, could you please get off your two-legged moral high horse.

Trans people feel that their gender is different from their biological sex.  They want to be the gender they feel they are.  You think they are crazy.

You feel that there is an invisible, undetectable, unknown entity outside of the known universe that influences everything in the universe and here on Earth, the entity that influenced 40+ authors over the course of 2500+ years to write down the acceptable sexual behaviors for one particular species of primates, in one specific period of time.  But you have absolutely no physical evidence to back your claims.

Now, who is the crazy one?

We treat you (religious folks) the same as we treat anyone else, people with Down Syndrome, gay or trans people.  Even though most of us know that you are severely deluded.

You, on the other hand, feel that gays and trans people should be discriminated because of what?  Your unknown, invisible friend?
You were indoctrinated into your cult as a child and you suffered from this delusion all your life.  I feel sorry for you.

You are not only severely deluded but a horrible human being, IMHO.  Discrimination is wrong because it causes harm, no matter the reasons.

Remember one thing, faith is not a reliable path to truth, the scientific method is.

PS. I was once indoctrinated into your cult too, so I know how powerful that feeling of faith can be.  I have seen two sides of the coin and I am ~100% sure there is no God of any kind, anywhere.  There are unknowns, but that is about it, they are unknowns.

CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 03:05:16 PM

Trans people feel that their gender is different from their biological sex.  They want to be the gender they feel they are.  You think they are crazy.

You feel that there is an invisible, undetectable, unknown entity (God) that influences everything in the universe and here on Earth.

Well you clearly think I am the crazy one and that is ok. I acknowledge my belief in God is based in faith that it is something I accept a priori. However it is also a logical belief as I outlined for you in great depth. I also accept provable empiric reality for what it is. If you could prove my belief was untrue I would change my mind. We both know you cannot.

The individual suffering from gender disphoria does indeed feel they are a different gender than their biology dictates. They want to feel they are something other then their biological sex. The problem is they cannot really ever be. No matter what they do every cell in their body will genetically forever be biologically fixed. Cosmetics clothing, superficial surgery, even forced acknowledgement under penalty of law will not change that reality. The belief that feelings trump reality leads eventually to things like a mother taking her 15 year old son to Tialand so he can be castrated on his 16th birthday,

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/child-sex-change-charity-alexandria-ocasio-cortez/

I tend to think cutting off the functional biological parts of teenagers is crazy. It was barbarism in the ancient past when they did it to young men so they could become harum guards. It was barbarism in the Middle Ages when they did it to young boys so they could sound youthful when singing. It is barbarism today.

You are not only severely deluded but a horrible human being, IMHO.  Discrimination is wrong because it causes harm, no matter the reasons.

Remember one thing, faith is not a reliable path to truth, the scientific method is.

I have never said anything about discrimination. What discrimination exactly are you concerned about? Some specific examples would help.

A problem with your worldview is that it is centered around causing harm but people fundamentally disagree about what constitutes harm. I for example consider being dismembered in the womb and extracted in pieces harm. I also think having your biological parts cut off or being subjected to sterilizing hormonal treatments when you are a child or teenager constitutes harm. I guess in your world arguing against these is discrimination against women and transgender people?

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 04:01:18 PM

You feel that there is an invisible, undetectable, unknown entity (God) that influences everything in the universe and here on Earth.

Well you clearly think I am the crazy one and that is ok. I acknowledge my belief in God is based in faith that it is something I accept a priori. However it is also a logical belief as I outlined for you in great depth. I also accept provable empiric reality for what it is. If you could prove my belief was untrue I would change my mind. We both know you cannot.

The individual suffering from gender disphoria does indeed feel they are a different gender than their biology dictates. They want to feel they are something other then their biological sex. The problem is they cannot really ever be. No matter what they do every cell in their body will genetically forever be biologically fixed. Cosmetics clothing, superficial surgery, even forced acknowledgement under penalty of law will not change that reality. The belief that feelings trump reality leads eventually to things like a mother taking her 15 year old son to Tialand so he can be castrated on his 16th birthday,

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/child-sex-change-charity-alexandria-ocasio-cortez/

I tend to think cutting off the functional biological parts of teenagers is crazy. It was barbarism in the ancient past when they did it to young men so they could become harum guards. It was barbarism in the Middle Ages when they did it to young boys so they could sound youthful when singing. It is barbarism today.

I have never said anything about discrimination. What discrimination exactly are you concerned about? Some specific examples would help.

A problem with your worldview is that it is centered around causing harm but people fundamentally disagree about what constitutes harm. I for example consider being dismembered in the womb and extracted in pieces harm. I also think having your biological parts cut off or being subjected to sterilizing hormonal treatments when you are a child or teenager constitutes harm. I guess in your world arguing against these is discrimination against women and transgender people?

So now you are backpedaling your discrimination?  Just go back in this thread.  BADecker posted an article about how trans and gays are discriminated by Christians:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/item/31845-equality-act-seeks-federal-persecution-of-christians

Denying employment or services. Christians feel like they can break above the law because of their Christan beliefs.

This is wrong on so many levels. 

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 04:13:12 PM

So now you are backpedaling your discrimination?  Just go back in this thread.  BADecker posted an article about how trans and gays are discriminated by Christians:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/item/31845-equality-act-seeks-federal-persecution-of-christians

Denying employment or services. Christians feel like they can break above the law because of their Christan beliefs.

What is wrong on so many levels is, trans and gay activity being done by trans and gays. It is counterproductive for them to do what they do, and for all people to allow them to exist. The only reason they should be tolerated is when they look like they might become straight.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 07:29:52 PM

Ok I read the article. I do not think it is wise to enshrine sexual orientation into law as a special protected class no.

By and large more government courts and lawsuits are never a good thing. Government is already too big. We also have already seen how activists use these laws to attack and destroy others that don’t agree with them.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/9694/christian-bakery-just-went-out-business-due-aaron-bandler

So yes I oppose Senate bill 788 which seeks to change current law. There are plenty of other laws people can sue under if they can prove they have been harmed by someone.

I am curious what standard you are using to judge me to be a “horrible human being” I support the law as it is. What ever happened to

Your personal...beliefs... are irrelevant.

Obey the law, or be prepared to pay the piper.

I support the current law as it is in this area.

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 11:31:24 PM

Ok I read the article. I do not think it is wise to enshrine sexual orientation into law as a special protected class no.

By and large more government courts and lawsuits are never a good thing. Government is already too big. We also have already seen how activists use these laws to attack and destroy others that don’t agree with them.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/9694/christian-bakery-just-went-out-business-due-aaron-bandler

So yes I oppose Senate bill 788 which seeks to change current law. There are plenty of other laws people can sue under if they can prove they have been harmed by someone.

I am curious what standard you are using to judge me to be a “horrible human being” I support the law as it is. What ever happened to

Your personal...beliefs... are irrelevant.

Obey the law, or be prepared to pay the piper.

I support the current law as it is in this area.

Laws change my friend.  So be ready to obey the new laws or face the piper.

You are against the bill that would prohibit discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation.

And you asking me what is wrong with your opposition?  I bet you would be for segregation laws back in the day, for the same reason.

You are a bigot.  A horrible human being.

You can redeem yourself by supporting a law that will criminalize discrimination.  Be a better man than your 'God'.

CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 12:41:22 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2019, 03:34:39 AM by CoinCube

Laws change my friend.  So be ready to obey the new laws or face the piper.

You are against the bill that would prohibit discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation.

And you asking me what is wrong with your opposition?  I bet you would be for segregation laws back in the day, for the same reason.

You are a bigot.  A horrible human being.

You can redeem yourself by supporting a law that will criminalize discrimination. Be a better man than your 'God'.

Ha ha tell me how you really feel af_newbie.

I guess laws only matter to you if you agree with them. So much for all your talk about respecting the collective determination of which actions are causing harm. Looks like you have some other metric you are choosing not to share with us.

Interesting that you now turn to name calling and offering redemption if I repent. You really fit right in with today's radicalism don't you. If we were on a less freedom loving forum like twitter or facebook you or someone like you would probably go complaining to the moderators at this point attempting to get me kicked off the platform for the horrific "hate crime" of disagreeing with your goals to transform society and the law into your Utopian ideal.

The honest truth is that you are the one participating in the horror by encouraging your fellow human beings to their self-destruction. Gender dysphoria is a disease. It is a very serious behavioral condition with definite health consequences. One in seven biological men who identify as transgender women have HIV. That number rises to 44% among blacks. About half of biological women with gender dysphoria will attempt suicide.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2019/04/20/cdc-one-seven-transgender-women-have-hiv/

These poor individuals are very very ill. They need help learning to live with and dealing with a biological reality they wish did not exist. Affirmations that their condition is wonderful and normal does them a tremendous disservice.

That said I would consider supporting your bill if you added in language that also prohibited discrimination based on religious beliefs, allowed for faith based consciousness objections, and included protections for private employers to run their business in accordance with their faith based principles. I doubt you would be on board with that though. The goal of most extremist when seeking this kind of legislation is to obtain weapons to use against their political and ideological opposition not to defang government or increase freedom.  

green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 06:21:24 AM

Seems like the majority of bitcoiners here don't believe in god. What a shocker................ just kidding

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2019, 01:18:34 PM

And you asking me what is wrong with your opposition?  I bet you would be for segregation laws back in the day, for the same reason.

You can redeem yourself by supporting a law that will criminalize discrimination. Be a better man than your 'God'.

I guess laws only matter to you if you agree with them. So much for all your talk about respecting the collective determination of which actions are causing harm. Looks like you have some other metric you are choosing not to share with us.

Interesting that you now turn to name calling and offering redemption if I repent. You really fit right in with today's radicalism don't you. If we were on a less freedom loving forum like twitter or facebook you or someone like you would probably go complaining to the moderators at this point attempting to get me kicked off the platform for the horrific "hate crime" of disagreeing with your goals to transform society and the law into your Utopian ideal.

The honest truth is that you are the one participating in the horror by encouraging your fellow human beings to their self-destruction. Gender dysphoria is a disease. It is a very serious behavioral condition with definite health consequences. One in seven biological men who identify as transgender women have HIV. That number rises to 44% among blacks. About half of biological women with gender dysphoria will attempt suicide.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2019/04/20/cdc-one-seven-transgender-women-have-hiv/

These poor individuals are very very ill. They need help learning to live with and dealing with a biological reality they wish did not exist. Affirmations that their condition is wonderful and normal does them a tremendous disservice.

That said I would consider supporting your bill if you added in language that also prohibited discrimination based on religious beliefs, allowed for faith based consciousness objections, and included protections for private employers to run their business in accordance with their faith based principles. I doubt you would be on board with that though. The goal of most extremist when seeking this kind of legislation is to obtain weapons to use against their political and ideological opposition not to defang government or increase freedom.  

Gays are ill?

I think you are ill, but I repeat myself.

You don't know how I feel? I feel we should live in a society were all members of society are protected (under the law) and are free from discrimination (that includes you btw).  If they are not, it is our duty as good people to change the law so they are protected.

Even if trans are mentally ill (which I don't think they are) you should not refuse them your service, just like (I hope) you would not refuse your service to people who are Atheists or suffer from Autism or Down Syndrome.  

That is how I feel on this issue.

Regarding any religious mythologies, you know my position.  I view them as an ancient, cultural tradition, a political relic that has no place in a progressive society driven by science, medicine, engineering, and technology.

natalia stark

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 03:31:11 PM

There are few things that atheists also believe in that the universe is run by a natural force and the people are doing the sins and good deeds by their own will. And that is itself in believing in God. Because you are admitting that there is something that is running the world and the whole universe system. If we talk about islam then there is only one explanation first you have experience islam and then you will know whether it is bad or good for your believe.

People just don't want to follow islam because it told you to be in control in you actions and you deeds that you do normally in your daily life thats it.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 04:40:34 PM

Gays are ill?

You don't know how I feel? I feel we should live in a society were all members of society are protected (under the law) and are free from discrimination (that includes you btw).  If they are not, it is our duty as good people to change the law so they are protected.

Even if trans are mentally ill (which I don't think they are) you should not refuse them your service, just like (I hope) you would not refuse your service to people who are Atheists or suffer from Autism or Down Syndrome.  

Regarding any religious mythologies, you know my position.  I view them as an ancient, cultural tradition, a political relic that has no place in a progressive society driven by science, medicine, engineering, and technology.

To be fair, gender dysphoria might be a disease, there is science that says so, however if we are talking only on discrimination, then no, obviously no one should discriminate other people even if it's a mental illness, actually because it might be a mental illness, they shouldn't be discriminated ever at all costs, you are not supposed to mock mentally ill people.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 08:14:52 PM

^^^ Believing in science is another illness. It's mostly engineering that brings about our advances.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 08:43:19 PM

Gays are ill?

To be fair, gender dysphoria might be a disease, there is science that says so, however if we are talking only on discrimination, then no, obviously no one should discriminate other people even if it's a mental illness, actually because it might be a mental illness, they shouldn't be discriminated ever at all costs, you are not supposed to mock mentally ill people.

All human beings are ill. The only difference lies in the severity of the illness. One man might suffer from occasionally feeling down another might be so depressed he cannot hold down a job. When the illness is severe we categorize it box it off and call it a disease but reality is a spectrum. So yes gays are ill so are all the heterosexuals. The severity of the overall illness will depend on the the individual. We don't always agree on what constitutes normal healthy variation and what behaviors are destructive. When a disagreement like that arises its is the result of ignorance a failure of one party or often both to accurately assess the the reality of the situation.

Discrimination is always an evil for every individual deserves to be evaluated on their own merits not based on arbitrary groupings. However, occasionally discrimination is an unavoidable evil due to imperfect human knowledge and society. Take pedophiles for example. Even after they have completed their jail terms and paid their debts to society we don't let them live near elementary schools. We know that the rate of repeat offenders among individuals with that particular illness is high and have no way of knowing with certainly who will fall back into crime so we discriminate against them all to protect innocent children. Is that ideal no the ideal would be certain knowledge that the offender was cured or not but we don't have that.

When you deny reality and demand others not challenge that denial there are always going to be consequences. That is what you are really aiming for here with your "equality law" for gender dysphoric individuals. In addition to being a potential tool to attack religious freedom it would also discriminate against biological women. It would destroy women sport a process that is already well underway in liberal parts of the country. You should watch the video of the 16 year old teenage athlete in the following story. Denial of reality is insanity. If you claim to ground your worldview in science af_newbie you should acknowledge that.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2019/04/21/female-athlete-speaks-out-against-transgender-equality-act/

The answer to how to deal with human illness is found in the New Testament as so many words of wisdom are. We should treat each human life as inherently and innately valuable regardless of any disease it may suffer from. Each human being is a precious and child of God and deserving of the dignity and respect that status accords. We should also treat each of our fellow brothers and sisters as we would want to be treated if we stood in their shoes.

Matthew 22:36-40
“Teacher, what is the most important commandment in the Law?”
Jesus answered:
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind. This is the first and most important commandment. The second most important commandment is like this one. And it is, “Love others as much as you love yourself.” All the Law of Moses and the Books of the Prophets are based on these two commandments."

If we follow that approach any errors we make will be those of ignorance not intent. I may for example try to help the drug addict by getting him into treatment before he is ready and push him away when what he really needs is to be left alone and hit rock bottom first before he is ready to quit but that is an error of ignorance my not knowing the best way to help him. As we grow in knowledge as individuals and as a species errors of ignorance will decline if our intent remains pure.

You should certainly not refuse to help an individual suffering from gender dysphoria if you can just as you should help an atheists or someone suffering from autism or down syndrome. In fact it is our duty to try and help those individuals. That is what I am doing right now. I am trying to help you. Writing this post is certainly not a profitable use of my time. As unpleasant as it may be helping someone sometimes requires us to highlight the error in their false beliefs.  

Astargath

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 08:54:26 PM

Gays are ill?

All human beings are ill. The only difference lies in the severity of the illness. One man might suffer from occasionally feeling down another might be so depressed he cannot hold down a job. When the illness is severe we categorize it box it off and call it a disease but reality is a spectrum. So yes gays are ill so are all the heterosexuals. The severity of the overall illness will depend on the the individual. We don't always agree on what constitutes normal healthy variation and what behaviors are destructive. When a disagreement like that arises its is the result of ignorance a failure of one party or often both to accurately assess the the reality of the situation.

Discrimination is always an evil for every individual deserves to be evaluated on their own merits not based on arbitrary groupings. However, occasionally discrimination is an unavoidable evil due to imperfect human knowledge and society. Take pedophiles for example. Even after they have completed their jail terms and paid their debts to society we don't let them live near elementary schools. We know that the rate of repeat offenders among individuals with that particular illness is high and have no way of knowing with certainly who will fall back into crime so we discriminate against them all to protect innocent children. Is that ideal no the ideal would be certain knowledge that the offender was cured or not but we don't have that.

When you deny reality and demand others not challenge that denial there are always going to be consequences. That is what you are really aiming for here with your "equality law" for gender dysphoric individuals. In addition to being a potential tool to attack religious freedom it would also discriminate against biological women. It would destroy women sport a process that is already well underway in liberal parts of the country. You should watch the video of the 16 year old teenage athlete in the following story. Denial of reality is insanity. If you claim to ground your worldview in science af_newbie you should acknowledge that.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2019/04/21/female-athlete-speaks-out-against-transgender-equality-act/

The answer to how to deal with human illness is found in the New Testament as so many words of wisdom are. We should treat each human life as inherently and innately valuable regardless of any disease it may suffer from. Each human being is a precious and child of God and deserving of the dignity and respect that status accords. We should also treat each of our fellow brothers and sisters as we would want to be treated if we stood in their shoes.

Matthew 22:36-40
“Teacher, what is the most important commandment in the Law?”
Jesus answered:
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind. This is the first and most important commandment. The second most important commandment is like this one. And it is, “Love others as much as you love yourself.” All the Law of Moses and the Books of the Prophets are based on these two commandments."

If we follow that approach any errors we make will be those of ignorance not intent. I may for example try to help the drug addict by getting him into treatment before he is ready and push him away when what he really needs is to be left alone and hit rock bottom first before he is ready to quit but that is an error of ignorance my not knowing the best way to help him. As we grow in knowledge as individuals and as a species errors of ignorance will decline if our intent remains pure.

You should certainly not refuse to help an individual suffering from gender dysphoria if you can just as you should help an atheists or someone suffering from autism or down syndrome. In fact it is our duty to try and help those individuals. That is what I am doing right now. I am trying to help you. Writing this post is certainly not a profitable use of my time. As unpleasant as it may be helping someone sometimes requires us to highlight the error in their false beliefs.  

Well, belief in imaginary beings is a mental illness too, you know?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 08:57:10 PM

Yes indeed, fortunately for me I don't believe in imaginary beings.  Wink

An Argument for God

Astargath

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 10:26:25 PM

Yes indeed, fortunately for me I don't believe in imaginary beings.  Wink

An Argument for God

I'm sure they think they have their own arguments too and they also don't think they are crazy, transgenders I mean. Unfortunately for you, your argument is dull, has no science behind it and Gödel’s Incompleteness Theorem applied incorrectly as already shown before, in fact there is a book about all the people that use ''Gödel’s Incompleteness Theorem'' for their own stupid arguments.

''A common misunderstanding is to interpret Gödel's first theorem as showing that there are truths that cannot be proved. This is, however, incorrect, for the incompleteness theorem does not deal with provability in any absolute sense, but only concerns derivability in some particular formal system or another.''

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/goedel-incompleteness/

It's time to stop.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 12:18:19 AM

Unfortunately for you, your argument is dull...
It's time to stop.

Your disagreement with my argument is well documented in our prior exchanges so I agree it’s time to stop.
I will close with this article I read today.

Have a blessed Easter Sunday.

Easter And Why Government Is Not Our God
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-21/easter-and-why-government-not-our-god
Quote from: Leesa Donner
The American people have a love-hate relationship with their government. This is as it should be, primarily because government is not our God. Easter Sunday seems an opportune time to remember this and renew our commitment to a republic under God rather than one that displaces or subjugates the creator.

James Madison Had It Right
In 1785 James Madison wrote, “The essence of Government is power; and power, lodged as it must be in human hands, will ever be liable to abuse.” Born in King George County, Virginia in 1751, Madison’s words seem prescient when applied to our day and time. Often referred to as the “Father of the Constitution,” Madison rightly expressed caution and concern for the power that government can assert over its people. It could be said that this quote of his captures the principle difference between the political left and right in America today. Ronald Reagan echoed Madison’s fear when he asserted that “government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.”

The Bible speaks of power this way. In Matthew 22:29 Jesus said, “Your mistake is that you don’t know the Scriptures, and you don’t know the power of God.” Real power rests with the creator and not His creation (Job 38-42), and certainly not in the governments of any era which, after all, are appointed by God (Daniel 2:21). Thus true power cannot be attained by governments; it rests with One who will not abuse it (Psalm 86:5).

Ayn Rand’s Pithy Pointers
The mother of objectivism, Ayn Rand, penned yet another perceptive concept that demonstrates why government is not our God. And it cannot be said that Rand adhered to any sort of established religion. Yet the author of The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged was able to put her finger on a dilemma that has reared its head in 21st century America:

“We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.”

An era of government tyranny does seem to be fast approaching if it has not already arrived, as many would argue that, indeed, it has. When people labor under such laws as to which straws they are permitted to use and a tax code that is 60,000 pages – an estimated seven times the length of the Bible – one can safely say that the hand of tyranny is upon us, pushing its way into every aspect of our lives.

Thus, individual liberty and freedom suffer under myriad regulations that are tantamount to oppression. Step out your door, get in your car, and head on down to the McDonald’s drive-thru; you will likely be violating one law or another. Yes, government can be suffocating, which again shows us that it cannot and should not be our God.

In contrast, Paul wrote in his epistle to the Galatians: “So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.” Of course, Paul was talking about the religious laws of the day, and some non-Christian enthusiasts may counter this with the verse where Jesus says,  “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s,” (Mark 12:17, KJV), but they would be reminded to read the second part of this verse, which adds “and give to God what belongs to God” (NLT). Even a tyrannical government does not own its people,  though some have tried to sell this assertion to their people.

Milton Friedman Puts Bounty In Perspective
Economist and Nobel prize winner Milton Friedman said: “If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.” Here we recognize how tyrannical governments are effective in taking rather than giving to their people. While this comment is a bit satirical, as is often said, the truth is in the joke. The leftist politicians of our day are always “running out of” and “requesting more.” There is never enough money to do all the things we don’t want and always a desire to take from those who toil for what they own.

In contrast, Jesus said in John 10:10, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” Professing Christians will attest to the fact that life under the power of God is one where their “cup runneth over” (Psalm 23:5, KJV) – not necessarily with earthly things, but The Things that Matter Most.

Is Easter calling you to throw off the yoke of an all-powerful, tyrannical government whose raison d’être is to rule, take, and enslave?

During the last supper, Jesus said the following to His disciples: “In this world the kings and great men lord it over their people, yet they are called ‘friends of the people.’ 26 But among you it will be different. Those who are the greatest among you should take the lowest rank, and the leader should be like a servant. 27 Who is more important, the one who sits at the table or the one who serves? The one who sits at the table, of course. But not here! For I am among you as one who serves.” (Luke 22:25)

And so today – Easter Sunday, 2019 –  may be a time to ask yourself a central question: Who would you rather reign over your life – the liberating, loving, and truly powerful presence of Jesus Christ, who showed humility and sacrificial love in His life, death, and resurrection. Or do you prefer to worship at the altar of a tyrannical government?

Simply put: Who is your God?

Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: