Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 02:42:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Information shared by early adopters will bring a great deal of wealth  (Read 1979 times)
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 12:40:22 PM

I wanted to share with anyone starting on these forums that there is enough information here to make an average person rich.

I started out as a BTC newbie in 2013, when I started devouring the information presented in Bitcointalk.
It led to my first large purchase and subsequently a better understanding of the worlds financial systems and how they affect me.

In the process of reading information on the forums, I've also been burned; buying at tops, selling too early, losing money on fly by night exchanges & alts.
In my mind the benefits of all this is a way of not only educating myself but understanding my own psychology. Greed can sometimes make you do things that are irrational, no matter how astute or smart one may be.

I'm not going to name specific members who's posts I believe are "money", but as a starting point I'd start reading posts of active members registered in 2010 and 2011. There are certain thoughts shared by early adopters which brought them to this place, and those kind enough to share them could potentially bring us all a great deal of wealth.

Great sentiment  Cool
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:00:09 PM

I personally don't think we can learn anything from the very early adopters other than maybe being confident enough to invest in something we strongly believe in that maybe at the time is very risky.
Early adopters made a lot of money if they put a decent amount of capital into bitcoin purely because they got in early.
I doubt there's another stock/share/investment that you could buy for 5 USD and sell for over 1000 USD 4-5 years later.
I respect but am also envious of the 2009-10 early adopters.
The key to becoming rich on bitcoin was getting in very early and selling at huge profits.
We can only hope that bitcoin explodes into mainstream adoption and we get rich off it too.

If you read the stories, many early adopters lost a lot of coins due to investments in miners and startups. While they still made a nice buck, it's nowhere near the potential their coins had at the time.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 05:09:49 PM

I personally don't think we can learn anything from the very early adopters other than maybe being confident enough to invest in something we strongly believe in that maybe at the time is very risky.
Early adopters made a lot of money if they put a decent amount of capital into bitcoin purely because they got in early.
I doubt there's another stock/share/investment that you could buy for 5 USD and sell for over 1000 USD 4-5 years later.
The key to becoming rich on bitcoin was getting in very early and selling at huge profits.
We can only hope that bitcoin explodes into mainstream adoption and we get rich off it too.

If you read the stories, many early adopters lost a lot of coins due to investments in miners and startups. While they still made a nice buck, it's nowhere near the potential their coins had at the time.

Ironically, most of the people that made a killing in the early days are only those that literally forgot they even had Bitcoin. If they payed too much attention to the price, they all would have sold way too earlier. This teaches us a lesson: Buy Bitcoin and forget about the price, come back in 5 years and you'll not even need to cash out.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 05:45:34 PM

Ironically, most of the people that made a killing in the early days are only those that literally forgot they even had Bitcoin. If they payed too much attention to the price, they all would have sold way too earlier. This teaches us a lesson: Buy Bitcoin and forget about the price, come back in 5 years and you'll not even need to cash out.

if you don't even need to cash out, then use it now to buy your stuff from shops that accept bitcoin, the only difference it that in the future 1 btc will buy you more things, aside from the fact that you are dumping or not

and if you think about it, we could be the next early adopter, it is only a thing of perspective, bitcoin has to reveal many trains yet
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:17:37 PM

if you don't even need to cash out, then use it now to buy your stuff from shops that accept bitcoin, the only difference it that in the future 1 btc will buy you more things, aside from the fact that you are dumping or not

and if you think about it, we could be the next early adopter, it is only a thing of perspective, bitcoin has to reveal many trains yet

umm.. that's the only important poitn.. . no one cares about converting some numbers (of btc) to some other numbers (of USD/rmb etc) they only care about how many things that number can buy them.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: