Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:43:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Upload avatar from URL  (Read 577 times)
pissedoff (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 12:50:02 PM

I noticed that the avatar function requires you to upload an image from your computer, may I ask why we cant upload from a url?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 12:52:24 PM

I noticed that the avatar function requires you to upload an image from your computer, may I ask why we cant upload from a url?

I do not think that option it will be implemented, why don't you want to upload an avatar from your computer?
SureLockLoans

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:02:12 PM

What would be the point of this? Its easy to download a image and upload and its not like its going to take forever has its a small resolution only image.

unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:19:27 PM

why you are asking to implemnt this function when you can do all you need without it?
simply download the image from url to your desktop and then use it to uplod and use it in your avatar!!!
simply no?

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 03:03:02 PM

Answer to both unsoindovo's and SureLockLoans' question: To reduce the work.

BlueInCoin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 05:33:47 PM

I do not think that option it will be implemented, why don't you want to upload an avatar from your computer?

I think, because uploading for our own computer is easier than uploading with url.
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 05:34:59 PM

Answer to both unsoindovo's and SureLockLoans' question: To reduce the work.

set or change avatar is an operation that is done only a few times.
I never saw an avatar change 10 times a day.
for me, the little additional work does not justify the implementazazione of this new feature.
I prefer that the devs work for develop the new forum software.
i hope it will be released soon.

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
thebitcoinquiz.com

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 05:57:06 PM

I guess the avatar upload feature using your computer is the one that came built in the SMF. However you can request uploading avatar from the url feature in the new forum software.
Edit: Requested this feature here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1056920

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 06:54:37 PM

I guess that someone had tried to attack the forum via the Avatar feature earlier and hence they do not allow to upload an image via a URL as one can upload a virus as well. The feature of uploading pictures via the PC makes it safer.

Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 07:05:25 PM

I guess that someone had tried to attack the forum via the Avatar feature earlier and hence they do not allow to upload an image via a URL as one can upload a virus as well. The feature of uploading pictures via the PC makes it safer.

+1. This is also the reason animated gifs seems to not be allowed as avatars or, at least, they're not working for me.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:19:09 PM

It would seem the main reason for this would be it's a file someone did not want on their computer, virus or otherwise.

Thank you to the forums and all involved in turning them back on.  But in my little experience I had to download photos and make them a better size for avatars.  If you had a upload feature most images would not fit or fall within rules.  So it seems like it would take extra software on forums to edit pictures from urls.  Which is really extra money spent on the forum that most likely could be used for better things.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: