Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:38:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: it's true there are scams in BTC but there are some really awesome ppl here  (Read 1009 times)
nimrodlehavi (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 07:03:47 AM

so i run www.proxycoins.com
it's a P2P platform for buying things for others with your credit card and they repay you with Bitcoin.

i was hacked. just like so many other (and much better) systems. not awful, all in all about 1BTC damage (more luck than brains).
super annoying and depressing though, when you're building something new that's supposed to help the community

since there was a deal going on thru the platform, and a user already put the BTC in escrow, i told him i'm shipping his product anyhow - not his fault i got hacked right?

so this user, a price among man, offered to split my loss in the middle. effectively paying 150% on the product, sharing my loss just to support the system

really worms my heart. especially in contrast of the mother***ers who hacked and stole

thank you u great community you!

(posted it in reddit as well)
Creative83

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:04:38 AM

Yes, There are always good and bad guys everywhere, I'm sorry for your lose and glad it wasn't big, unfortunately it's hard to stop hacking even if you have the best possible security, always hackers will find a way, that's so bad of course but it's the fact we all deal with and ready to accept the risk involved anyway.

Good luck with your business
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:08:49 AM

just like in everything else, there will be good people and there will be bad people. i don't think any of that has changed.

most people are honest, but a small portion of 7 billion people is still a large number.
maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:14:53 AM

I couldn't agree with you more

On balance, the forum is fantastic and hugely fun

beetcoin

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:19:32 AM

considering that this is a forum full of young males, i think it's actually pretty damn good. i play heroes of newerth and there are so many prickly little kids there acting like retards. overall, people are a little too bullish on BTC, but that's to be expected.
Creative83

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:41:23 AM

just like in everything else, there will be good people and there will be bad people. i don't think any of that has changed.

most people are honest, but a small portion of 7 billion people is still a large number.

I agree with you, although I actually think the percentage of bad guys isn't too small, but in the other side honest people still the majority, but wait even 10% of 7 billions are too much Smiley
beetcoin

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:42:39 AM

I agree with you, although I actually think the percentage of bad guys isn't too small, but in the other side honest people still the majority, but wait even 10% of 7 billions are too much Smiley

my problem is that the bad guy usually gets rewarded for his behavior, meanwhile the guy who plays by the rules doesn't care enough to be cunning and steal from others.. so he's just whatever about it. maybe that's why bad people tend to become politicians.
bitcoinpsftp

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:00:38 AM

Scams on bitcoins are just as easy as scams with cash.  That's all there really is to it.  Just people can stay anonymous when handling bitcoins.

Most people wouldn't send someone 500 dollars via mail without assurance that they'll get their stuff (not knowing the guy's name).  Why on earth then do they send 0.5BTC?

It's just that they're not used to BTC so they end up trusting others more.

Morbo

Activity: 115
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:07:40 AM

it's a P2P platform for buying things for others with your credit card and they repay you with Bitcoin.

i was hacked. just like so many other (and much better) systems. not awful, all in all about 1BTC damage (more luck than brains).
super annoying and depressing though, when you're building something new that's supposed to help the community

since there was a deal going on thru the platform, and a user already put the BTC in escrow, i told him i'm shipping his product anyhow - not his fault i got hacked right?

so this user, a price among man, offered to split my loss in the middle. effectively paying 150% on the product, sharing my loss just to support the system

really worms my heart. especially in contrast of the mother***ers who hacked and stole

if I would be you, my main concern would be to run a full-scale investigation and plug all security holes to make sure the hack doesn't succeed again - instead of spreading the "success story" online

while it takes courage to openly admit that your site was hacked, it also hurts your public image and is bad for your business

http://drunkyoda.tk/ - Bitcoin blog by newbie for newbies (no ads, no reflinks, no donation begging)
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:13:14 AM

Let's see if the history repeats (i pray that you learned something for this and it doesn't really happen) and you end up loosing 1000 BTC.
This forum will eat you alive .
Of course it will be deserved.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
nimrodlehavi (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 02:49:11 PM

i think, especially here, that admitting there was a problem, and that i'm standing behind the service is important
also - even more important i think is to openly tell about good things

be the change you want to see in the world - you also need to tell once it's here

and yes, i took security measures
Creative83

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:16:20 PM

I doubt there is any security measure that can 100% preventing hacking and such things, We all saw a real big sites got hacked and many of the credit cards info was stolen ...etc.

I'm not saying it's not important to have a very high security measures, just won't blame the site owner.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: