Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:25:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] [HALO] | HALO | A Purpose Inspired Currency | Launching Soon  (Read 10877 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Houndirno

Activity: 474
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 09:39:42 AM

Name:    Halo
Last Active:    May 16, 2015, 06:39:46 PM

but nothing new Sad

it's all suspense mate for the best coin ever
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
logocreator
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

www.cryptodesign.cc

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 05:21:24 PM

Name:    Halo
Last Active:    May 16, 2015, 06:39:46 PM

but nothing new Sad

it's all suspense mate for the best coin ever

These days scammers abandon without ever launching. That's next level shit!

haha, yes it is the next level.

Houndirno

Activity: 474
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:34:38 AM

What happened to these devs...if you don't want to do anything why you posted?

Anticipation! 
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 12:22:44 PM

Came here expecting something good but it seems like it died already...

"We want a good launch"
"We are very fanatical about this project"

Then don't promise stuff you can't deliver.

If you can't even keep your promise of providing timers within 24 hours, I highly doubt both your professionalism and honesty and thus ultimately the coin.

I am done with this one already, to the rest: good luck!
How do you have any expectations with a newbie account?
polesdav

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:15:11 AM

From all appearances this coin seems to have died before launch.  Looked good though.

DEV: Last Active:   May 16, 2015, 03:39:46 PM

probably he forgot this coin   Roll Eyes

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 140 Cryptos  ● Multicoin Dice and Lottery  >>
██████████    <<  ● Secure Platform API Support  ● Intuitive Interface with Chat  >>
zengryT

Activity: 745
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:42:42 PM

From all appearances this coin seems to have died before launch.  Looked good though.

DEV: Last Active:   May 16, 2015, 03:39:46 PM

probably he forgot this coin   Roll Eyes
probably  it's dead befor launch

Yes sir TorontoR. Dead before its even born. We call this a still born.

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:49:56 PM

Dev is back on keyboard and online and will start back to work on this.

Was, like many of you, excited about this one then it just stopped.

From what I was told his reasons seemed understandable/unfortunate, he had matters (life) that took priority over this project, and didn't want to not commit 100% of what he was capable of.

I was told ANN thread is coming (As opposed to just this Pre-Ann/Name Reservation)

So I suppose we stay tuned.

zengryT

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:52:48 AM

Thanks for the update. I'll continue watching this now and we'll see where it goes.

Halo (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 04:13:51 AM

Official ANN Thread Coming this Sunday, June 28th, 2015

Follow on Twitter @HaloCurrency

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-SdEnZzyYvrw/VVGDUW8L3MI/AAAAAAAAAD0/_4dy5raxJho/w1389-h1118-no/Halo_Currency_BitcoinTalk_Teaser.jpg

zengryT

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 04:20:19 AM

Im excited. Cant wait to see the ANN.
What time GMT is the announcement going up?

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 04:20:27 AM

What are the SPECS? the ALGO? The coin supply? I WANT IN THIS COIN NOW!!!!!

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

Halo (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 04:31:11 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2015, 04:42:46 AM by Halo

Im excited. Cant wait to see the ANN.
What time GMT is the announcement going up?

The Official ANN Thread will be launched on June 28th, 2015 at 18:00 GMT.

The ANN thread will include detailed project information as well as launch information on Phase One POW. Including Countdown / Important Upcoming Dates for those interested in being a part of the HALO Community.

Thanks for your interest!

The HALO Team

EDIT:  Typo Edited regarding date.
Halo (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 04:41:46 AM

All of this information will be included on our ANN page which will be released this Sunday at 18:00 GMT.

Phase One POW will be based on a widely used POW Algorithm, be announced in advance (in terms of start of POW), and will use a difficulty re-targeting system which prevents mining abuse.

We are excited that a number of the top pools in the digital currency industry have already confirmed their commitment to host HALO for mining.

In addition, we will introduce you to The HALO Pool, a HALO Only Dedicated Pool featuring multiple high capacity servers based on 4 different continents spanning the world.

The HALO Team
cryptotipz

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 04:42:44 AM

Could be interesting, wonder if an IPO will be announced and official coin specs, might consider this an investment.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 04:44:08 AM

All of this information will be included on our ANN page which will be released this Sunday at 18:00 GMT.

Phase One POW will be based on a widely used POW Algorithm, be announced in advance (in terms of start of POW), and will use a difficulty re-targeting system which prevents mining abuse.

We are excited that a number of the top pools in the digital currency industry have already confirmed their commitment to host HALO for mining.

In addition, we will introduce you to The HALO Pool, a HALO Only Dedicated Pool featuring multiple high capacity servers based on 4 different continents spanning the world.

The HALO Team
Well I'm going to be honest you have definitely sparked my interest mate Smiley Hopefully you will have a nice successful launch and you have some cutting edge ideas for this cryptocurrency because you've got a killer name and it's been long waited and anticipated from what I've heard mate Wink Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

Halo (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 04:53:41 AM

The HALO Team
Well I'm going to be honest you have definitely sparked my interest mate Smiley Hopefully you will have a nice successful launch and you have some cutting edge ideas for this cryptocurrency because you've got a killer name and it's been long waited and anticipated from what I've heard mate Wink Cheers

Thanks that is very much appreciated.

We decided to push all upcoming milestone dates; despite the interest/excitement that had begun to take hold; due to our main Senior Technical Dev having family matters which he understandably needed to focus on. We all agreed that pushing back our roll out was the best route to ensure that no aspects of the HALO Project were compromised.

In addition; we realized well into the development of one of our key features would require specific expertise and time/labor which we didn't want to rush. For that we had to reach outside the crypto-currency industry (including vetting firms/candidates; which took time) to bring in the required talent that helped us bring that feature to life. It's been a project long in the works. We're excited to see it finally come to life.

The HALO Team
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 05:22:51 AM

lets use our imagination ,

algo sha 512

reward system pow/pos

1000 coins a block for the first 2880 blocks then pure proof of stake

30 second blocks

give you a whole day of proof of work

proof of stake can kick in with minimum stake age 15 minutes

90 minutes full weight

sounds like a bitcoin killa

I already reserved a couple of rigs for this badboy, i'm ready to instamine!!!

Pools???

I'll add one but there is no info about algo, launchtime, rewards etc. yet...

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
CrazyCoins

Activity: 182

Just2CRAZY

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:30:41 AM

I hate to be this negative and it will probably be deleted even though it is total truth.  First of all you peaked some interest yes.  Asked us to get the word out and some did including me.  Those people have long lost interest and moved on.  All that has been done here is over hype with empty words.  You better be rolling pure gold balls out to us in order to live up to the OVER hype otherwise everyone will move on and your Halo "Team" will have way overthought this project and peoples reaction to it.  ALL of your words are EMPTY.  You are not saying anything at all!!!!
I have been at least interested to see what you are trying to pull off.  I hope it is good.  What it really looks like is the start of a major pump for the dev to sell out.  Man I hope I am wrong but it is not been good so far.  Artwork is cool but the thing in the middle kinda looks like a fairy......I don't know.  You need to at least say what the algo is so we will know if we even want to mine it.  I will be looking in a couple of days to see how you manage to create something that everyone is going to WOW over.  I hope you do!!!  I will mine it if you do but over hype normally means bend over to miners and watch the dev hit it big while they run away with btc.  Ok, I am going to wait also and hope for something HUGE.  Also going to keep my eye on whatever exchange you are planning on using to see if the big selloff happens.  I hope not.

Good luck everybody including me depending on the algo.  Hope I didn't rub anyone the wrong way but I just see it as truth!!  This needs to launch soon and needs an algo to have a smooth launch...and no wallets right at launch.  Ok ok!!  Let's go to the races!!!!

I SupportSprouts!!   SHA256  -  POW & POS TOGETHER!
Sprouts EXCHANGE!   PPC Fork!  Multiple POOLS!  Sprouts Homepage!
Halo (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 06:16:39 AM

I hate to be this negative and it will probably be deleted even though it is total truth.  First of all you peaked some interest yes.  Asked us to get the word out and some did including me.  Those people have long lost interest and moved on.  All that has been done here is over hype with empty words.  You better be rolling pure gold balls out to us in order to live up to the OVER hype otherwise everyone will move on and your Halo "Team" will have way overthought this project and peoples reaction to it.  ALL of your words are EMPTY.  You are not saying anything at all!!!!
I have been at least interested to see what you are trying to pull off.  I hope it is good.  What it really looks like is the start of a major pump for the dev to sell out.  Man I hope I am wrong but it is not been good so far.  Artwork is cool but the thing in the middle kinda looks like a fairy......I don't know.  You need to at least say what the algo is so we will know if we even want to mine it.  I will be looking in a couple of days to see how you manage to create something that everyone is going to WOW over.  I hope you do!!!  I will mine it if you do but over hype normally means bend over to miners and watch the dev hit it big while they run away with btc.  Ok, I am going to wait also and hope for something HUGE.  Also going to keep my eye on whatever exchange you are planning on using to see if the big selloff happens.  I hope not.

Good luck everybody including me depending on the algo.  Hope I didn't rub anyone the wrong way but I just see it as truth!!  This needs to launch soon and needs an algo to have a smooth launch...and no wallets right at launch.  Ok ok!!  Let's go to the races!!!!

In regards to deleting your post. We've only deleted posts which were, in our opinion; offensive/used abusive language/etc. You post has now been committed to this thread; as you bring up valid concerns which I'll address. (This response may be edited if any of our team wishes to add to the response - edits will be noted).

1.) We certainly appreciate your initial interest; and of course anything you did to help spread the word.

2.) I know you've said you've lost interest, my only response would be I hope you consider taking a close look on Sunday; and simply seeing what HALO will offer.

3.) In terms of what we are rolling out; wouldn't it be fair to say that most digital currency releases are severely "under-thought". We have; yes; put a lot of thought into this project.

4.) Everyone will be fine with the algo; and to be frank; there has been to much focus on that. It's nothing scarce. It's highly available. You will all be pleased.

5.) There will be no major sell off. We have a 1 Year and 3 Year Cash-Flow Forecast in place which we will be publishing pre-launch which clearly outlines all anticipated expenses to:  Secure Primary Nodes for 3 Year; Secure Secondary Nodes for 1 Year; Marketing/Advertising Expenditures for Social Ads; Forum Ads; and Misc; as well as a line by line itemization of all other expenses which will be required to position HALO as a leading digital currency for our future.

6.) One aspect we considered paramount to the success of HALO was that while the currency is decentralized; there must be a business aspect that makes financial sense. To investors; to those who mine; to those who adopt; there must be control within the chaos.

Our team is comprised of nearly all digital currency veterans. We've looked at what other coins did, why the ones which succeeded did so, and why so many fail. Running HALO from a Foundation point of view; where there is not a road map; but rather the means; the ability; to realize our plans and deliver on our promise.

We believe HALO can be everything in which Bitcoin aimed to do; but simply was never designed or capable of.

In closing; our only failed "milestone" was the "milestone". As noted earlier in the forum; our Senior Developer had personal matters which he had to focus on. It's as simple as that. We hadn't launched anything; there was never an ANN thread created.

We hope you'll consider seeing what HALO is, and will be, this Sunday at 18:00 GMT.

The HALO Team
CrazyCoins

Activity: 182

Just2CRAZY

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 06:45:39 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 12:31:54 AM by CrazyCoins

I really appreciate your reply.  At least some info kinda came out that leaves me intrigued.  I think what I said was that the people I led here became disinterested and moved on.  I am sure I can get them back but I want to see what the 28th brings first.  I understand having to deal with family issues and I hope it is not extreme.  Like I said, I will be here for the 28th.  Thanks again for you kind reply.  Still only empty words though lol.  Jokin....kinda.  Can you do something about the fairy though.  Either something bad@s$ or something sexy.  It just looks to much like Tinkerbell to me.  Otherwise it looks pretty cool.  Thanks again.  I anxiously will await.

I SupportSprouts!!   SHA256  -  POW & POS TOGETHER!
Sprouts EXCHANGE!   PPC Fork!  Multiple POOLS!  Sprouts Homepage!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: