Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:35:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nasdaq: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter?  (Read 1023 times)
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 12:44:59 PM

I think the price matters a lot.
When Bitcoin hit $1200 everybody heard about it an many rushed to jump on board.

Apart from that, a good stable price is what Bitcoin needs right now IMO.

shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:19:26 PM

Not stable I would say, I am a trader which spend 12 hours + just to stay on my laptop to trade which used the margin of buy sell and also the volatility of the price. I look up chart and all I can see is the price is lowering gradually. Since you are not a trader you wont even notice this unless the price fall like $10 of course

Yeah, I know what you mean. In a way that's what I'm saying, though. I'm not a trader and only check the price every once in awhile. I think that's how casual Bitcoin users think about it, so to us the price doesn't move much, meaning it's relatively stable. I think that makes people feel more comfortable holding onto it. The daily traders of course notice every little move! Smiley

You are right if you see it from that point of view then the price is not moving at all and relatively stable and that makes alot more people comfortable on holding which usually make people lost some amount if suddenly the price crashed. Still my points stand, if you see bitcoin as a currency then price matters , if not then the price is not matters
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 02:54:42 PM

PRICE DOES MATTER

If price falls too low, miners will stop mining. If enough miners stop mining, some random dude thats hoarding a ton of hardware will simply just 51% attack the network as much as he wants because diff is so fucking low as a result of the plummeting price.
Im talkin bout anything sub $100, we will easily start to see that happen.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: