Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:13:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin merchants map for Android  (Read 749 times)
bubelov (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:57:54 AM

Hi guys. Just published Bitcoin merchants map for Android. Maybe it could be useful for someone.

Except the basic map features this app can send notifications when there is new merchant in your "area of interest". Text search, results filtering and altcoin merchants are also supported. Any suggestions are welcome =)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubelov.coins
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 05:32:07 AM

This is very cool, is this available on all country? or just certain country?
And how do you know the location, are you discover it yourself or the Store ask you to list them in the app?

faucet used to be profitable
bubelov (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:09:29 AM

This is very cool, is this available on all country? or just certain country?
And how do you know the location, are you discover it yourself or the Store ask you to list them in the app?

Thanks! Should be available for all countries. The app can use location data only if user allows it in Android settings. It also will work without knowing your location of course. But in this case you have to select your area of interest manually if you want to be notified when new merchant appears in this area. By default it's few miles away from your last location. But if you wouldn't allow location access - the app wouldn't have any way to set it for you =)
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 11:10:47 AM

Wow, really nice and helpful Android app. The navigation is user friendly and I like the user interface very much. Good job!
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 06:22:48 PM

Interesting! Can i add my store(if i have, actually now just online store Tongue ) on the app?

~iki
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 12:33:30 AM

This is very cool, I'm going to try it out. Also, how do you find out about new businesses and how accurate and up to date is the map?

bubelov (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:31:10 AM

Interesting! Can i add my store(if i have, actually now just online store Tongue ) on the app?

~iki

Sure. But it's better if you add it to OSM. The app uses Open Street Map as one of the data providers. If you add it here - it also will be visible in similar services like http://coinmap.org/ and so on. My backend synchronizes with OSM every hour, so it will be available in an hour or two.

PS. Don't forget to add the tag: payment:bitcoin": "yes" to your place
bubelov (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:12:12 AM

This is very cool, I'm going to try it out. Also, how do you find out about new businesses and how accurate and up to date is the map?

Thanks for feedback. It's based primarily on Open Street Map. It's always up to date and I can make some corrections to data independently of data provider. This approach has some downsides of course and I'm thinking how to improve it. Open Street Map is quite reliable but someone may just stop accepting Bitcoin and forget to remove the place from OSM database. Maybe it will be removed by someone later but still place will be displayed on the map for some time.

Not sure about the solution yet. Adding "verify" button would help to improve data reliability. So people would be able to mark places they visited and it will add more confidence to other people. It's better to try cafe or ATM with 10 verifications than 0 =)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: