Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:51:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 212 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter?  (Read 304443 times)
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:11:32 PM

For newbies the price does matter if they see the price rise they will buy in and if it goes down they will sell all their bitcoins fast for sure.
I think this rule is only applying for the newbies..

I think no, for newbies price is the main factor to begin working with crypto currency world, they seeing that price is good and than making decision.
Bitcoin price matters a lot because greedy people thinking that they will be rich with bitcoin only creates bubbles and hostile investment environements...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1008

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:26:07 PM

Bitcoin price matters a lot because greedy people thinking that they will be rich with bitcoin only creates bubbles and hostile investment environements...

..and a that is the basis for some whales to do some pumping and dumping scene that can shake up the market price and will lead to panic buying and dumping for those small holders including the majority here in this forum. Smiley

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:29:18 PM

For newbies the price does matter if they see the price rise they will buy in and if it goes down they will sell all their bitcoins fast for sure.

I think no, for newbies price is the main factor to begin working with crypto currency world, they seeing that price is good and than making decision.
Stocks aren't any different if you look at things the way you do.

Whales wealthy enough to move markets are giving us the opportunity to make profit, which is why I never complain.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:29:47 PM

..and a that is the basis for some whales to do some pumping and dumping scene that can shake up the market price and will lead to panic buying and dumping for those small holders including the majority here in this forum. Smiley

People now know how to handle bitcoin, so even if the price drops people won't get panic they will hold and wait for price rise so that they can sell at the right time.
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:34:34 PM

Price matters in a lot of ways. There's no point in holding something that is next to worthless. Price may mean what its value is to you. Btc maybe worth more for you than it is for others.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:41:49 PM

Price matters in a lot of ways. There's no point in holding something that is next to worthless. Price may mean what its value is to you. Btc maybe worth more for you than it is for others.
bitcoin price is very important, even very many people who hold bitcoin they are just waiting for price increases rose. besides it can also determine the price of bitcoin bitcoin quality, because the higher the price the higher the bitcoin quality
deuce22

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 05:02:11 PM

Price of bitcoin really matters to me
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:20:20 PM

For me it is not that matter if I want to talk about my interest in bitcoin however for selling bitcoin it may be a bit important factor.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:24:55 PM

For me it is not that matter if I want to talk about my interest in bitcoin however for selling bitcoin it may be a bit important factor.

Of course we will sell only if the price is higher and that is important all of  us and that is the reason the price of bitcoin really matters.
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 01:09:25 PM

Of course we will sell only if the price is higher and that is important all of  us and that is the reason the price of bitcoin really matters.
Yes, it is important but we do not know how much it is important. For example with 10-20% of price change my decisions do not change about buying selling, being active in bitcoin.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1008

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 01:22:43 PM

One wave of moves by those big holders can manipulate the price. Now because of that move it will lead to some small trades to do their action of mover whether to buy or to sell. See how the price matters here. It dictates the outcome of trader's move.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 01:29:21 PM

Yes, it is important but we do not know how much it is important. For example with 10-20% of price change my decisions do not change about buying selling, being active in bitcoin.

Yes being active is good but the price of bitcoin really matters to all of us, as we will sell only if the price is higher or else we will hold till it goes higher.
martha5dool

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 04:16:02 PM

The price matters to all sorts of people. Even to people who have bought at very low price levels
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 07:15:38 PM

For newbies the price increase is a major factor in order to join bitcoin and after that if they involved completely in that field they try to learn more and so after that they come to know all the realities of bitcoin.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 07:17:45 AM

I think newbies are the ones who aren't affected that much when bitcoin price moves. They have very little to no bitcoin at all. Of course they will not wait for the halving just to get some cents out of their little sats. Although newbies might somehow look at the value of the bitcoin first before they start their journey in earning bitcoins. A bigger price of BTC will motivate not only the people who are just starting in bitcoin but also the people who are already earning bitcoins.
Yes, the bigger price help people to motivate them to join bitcoin and if the price of bitcoin was not that much high there would be very less people and the image of bitcoin would not have that much as is today.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 07:33:15 AM

For true devotees of Bitcoin, the price of the digital currency is almost irrelevant. They believe in its inherent value or, more frequently, cannot see any value at all in the alternative of government issued fiat currency. Price is therefore not a concern. At the other end of the spectrum, for those that harbor what appears to be an irrational hatred of Bitcoin and anything to do with it, the exchange rate also matters little. They were screaming that it was all worthless when the price was at over $1000, and somehow convince themselves that an exchange rate of over 200 times what it was before that bubble proves their point. For the vast majority of people somewhere in the middle, however, the price of the currency in Dollar, Euro, Yuan or whatever terms is important.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/does-the-price-of-bitcoin-matter-cm476312#ixzz3a1cH4qcU
I don't really think that there are that many devotees of Bitcoin. A lot of people are just trying to make profit off Bitcoin, so the price definitely does matter. I am one of those people, so the price matters to me.
mark coins

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 09:44:23 AM

For true devotees of Bitcoin, the price of the digital currency is almost irrelevant. They believe in its inherent value or, more frequently, cannot see any value at all in the alternative of government issued fiat currency. Price is therefore not a concern. At the other end of the spectrum, for those that harbor what appears to be an irrational hatred of Bitcoin and anything to do with it, the exchange rate also matters little. They were screaming that it was all worthless when the price was at over $1000, and somehow convince themselves that an exchange rate of over 200 times what it was before that bubble proves their point. For the vast majority of people somewhere in the middle, however, the price of the currency in Dollar, Euro, Yuan or whatever terms is important.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/does-the-price-of-bitcoin-matter-cm476312#ixzz3a1cH4qcU
I don't really think that there are that many devotees of Bitcoin. A lot of people are just trying to make profit off Bitcoin, so the price definitely does matter. I am one of those people, so the price matters to me.

Price matters to each and every user of bitcoin, if  bitcoin falls back to $100 then I am sure many of users will quit bitcoin and make their investment in some other product.
WEBcreator

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 10:27:41 AM

Price matters to each and every user of bitcoin, if  bitcoin falls back to $100 then I am sure many of users will quit bitcoin and make their investment in some other product.

That will be a foolish thing to do, Even if the price drop down to $100, it wont be happen instantly therefore everyone still have their chance to sell it while it hasnt reach $100 yet . People that choose to not sell it means that people are trusting that the price is temporary and it will rise anytime sooner

███████▄▄        █████████████████
███████████▄     █████████████████
█████████████▄   █████████████████
██████████████▄  █████████████████
███████████████▄ ████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
███████████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
███████████████▀ ████████████████
██████████████▀  █████████████████
█████████████▀   █████████████████
███████████▀     █████████████████
███████▀▀        █████████████████
  Dbrain  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

[

]
  ●  FACEBOOK
●    TWITTER 
●  TELEGRAM
duts_bg

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 10:34:34 AM

Of course, there will be refused, but there will be new interest too. At least, for now not invented anything better than bitcoin and more and more people convinced that the existing financial order, led by $, screwed up.

SHIFT is a distributed P2P network that incentivizes decentralization for secure content publishing and storage.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 10:34:46 AM

Lol? I will definitely not quit when Bitcoin goes down to $100 prices. I will use that situation in my advantage to buy as many coins as I can. And I'm sure other people will do the same.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 212 »
  Print  

Jump to: