Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:18:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter?  (Read 304444 times)
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:09:22 PM

Until the day that bitcoin is the only globally accepted currency, and by that I mean the only currency in the world, then of course the price will matter. Frankly I don't think that day will come and so for me the price will always matter if I own some bitcoin. I would own bitcoin with the hope of growing my dollar amount.
I agree many people was actually invested on bitcoin because they want to get a profit out of it ! meaning the price will always matter ! Imagine if bitcoin has no value I doubt  if people will still use bitcoins.
If bitcoin doesn't have any value or a high price then people will be lesser in terms of amount of users than now because the price is only one of the attractions of bitcoin and whether we accept it or not, the price is the only thing that matter for most of the people and that is why they are keep coming and staying in bitcoin because of the price.
Of course it matters , but more importantly I would say that it depends on the use you have of the BTC. If you want to invest, so the value may be the only factor you look at. But if you are really interested in the advatanges BTC offers and want to use it, the value is less important.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:26:38 PM

Until the day that bitcoin is the only globally accepted currency, and by that I mean the only currency in the world, then of course the price will matter. Frankly I don't think that day will come and so for me the price will always matter if I own some bitcoin. I would own bitcoin with the hope of growing my dollar amount.
I agree many people was actually invested on bitcoin because they want to get a profit out of it ! meaning the price will always matter ! Imagine if bitcoin has no value I doubt  if people will still use bitcoins.
If bitcoin doesn't have any value or a high price then people will be lesser in terms of amount of users than now because the price is only one of the attractions of bitcoin and whether we accept it or not, the price is the only thing that matter for most of the people and that is why they are keep coming and staying in bitcoin because of the price.
Of course it matters , but more importantly I would say that it depends on the use you have of the BTC. If you want to invest, so the value may be the only factor you look at. But if you are really interested in the advatanges BTC offers and want to use it, the value is less important.
Yeah you are right the price and the importance of the bitcoin really matters because the bitcoin i8s being use by the people as an investment now and it is the bitcoin that is helping a lot of the people to have the bright and the best future if we will buy the bitcoin right now then tomorrow we will be very happy to have the bitcoin in the life and the investors will be proud of the investing and he I hope the price of the bitcoin will be more high.
Whitegriever

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:00:48 PM

Yeah you are right the price and the importance of the bitcoin really matters because the bitcoin i8s being use by the people as an investment now and it is the bitcoin that is helping a lot of the people to have the bright and the best future if we will buy the bitcoin right now then tomorrow we will be very happy to have the bitcoin in the life and the investors will be proud of the investing and he I hope the price of the bitcoin will be more high.
I agree with you on that bitcoin price does matter because people only invest in something they see they can make profit out of and also they see that bitcoin is in the future and will be used for a lot of things so they invest in it.
parobber

Activity: 172
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:30:59 AM

I agree with you on that bitcoin price does matter because people only invest in something they see they can make profit out of and also they see that bitcoin is in the future and will be used for a lot of things so they invest in it.

Some good feedback guys, glad you all found some insight in my original post. I think the main thing to consider is not necessarily your own person opinion on if the price matters (you may be in it for the long haul) but to consider why the majority of people own or use bitcoin - and I think simply put the answer to that question is because they want to profit by investing. Many people never have used bitcoin for transactions and never will. Given that the majority are of such mindset the price should matter to every one, because without these many investors that would leave if the price fell, bitcoin would not be able to reach the levels of adoption that it will inevitably need to one day potentially be adopted in to the mainstream.

ELEMENTH
⇐ ● Blockchain for e-commerce ● Pre-ICO is LIVE ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERBITCOINTALKTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKREDDIT ○ ○ ○
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:45:32 AM

Ofcourse, and it is the only thing that bitcoin matters, its price. Just think about it. You bought bitcoins in such a higer price. Then months past. Bitcoins price became low.  Then if you sell your bitcoins euth the lower price than when you bought it. You wont get your return on investment. In short. Its a loss

404 Not Found
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:55:39 AM

For investors and for those who want to use it as a value storage the price of course matters because investors want to make a profit in fiat currency and those who use it for value storage do not want the value depreciates like the fiat money habitually does and would like to see the value rising. 
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:44:32 AM

For investors and for those who want to use it as a value storage the price of course matters because investors want to make a profit in fiat currency and those who use it for value storage do not want the value depreciates like the fiat money habitually does and would like to see the value rising. 
[/quote] Bitcoin price really matters the most on bitcoin profit i believe that the unstable price o the  bitcoin iss the most amazing in this feild because it is unstable so then it is said to be a good way to invest your money because you can gain on only holding it for a long time.maybe all of bitcoiners will already know about bitcoins price and everyone really know that the price of bitcoin is the most apreciatable price that really makes it popular each day.
Batmain

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:14:36 AM

i think it is in the eye of the beholder...the one who seeks easy and fast profit, the price does of course matter, for the one who tries to make an investment of the litle they have to hopefuly gain a couple bucks more it also does. But, if your prespective is that, this coin is the future of economics and worldtrade, that we are witnesing the beginning of a new base of economy and trade, then the current price is of no importance. So, in practicality, it does matter, 'cause people try to profit from it selling and buy, investing and mining. On the theoretical and philosofical point of view, it is just smth to study, maybe to get prepeared for.

True, without these prices, these guys will not even make a comment here, it's all about money and will always will be.
Some people, including me viewed bitcoin as a form of investment and will be holding it like a treasure. The price have got up and will got up more in the next few months, I dont how long are we going to make this run but the money behind is what drove those investors, without this value, BTC will be just a name.

davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:36:21 PM

who does not? ofcourse it really matter it because bitcoin is my way to have profit so i can earn extra income and i am planning to hold bitcoin one of these days to save for my childrens future...the high the value of btc the more money you can get..
He said for the good devotees of Bitcoin ,that the price never matters to them hmph… I wonder those who are the good devotees of Bitcoin that are not interested in making money but to spend and lose. Yes, if the price doesn’t matter to you that means you are not here with an intention to stabilize yourself financially, you’re just here to play hide n seek I guess, or what? Maybe a different game.
McKane

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:42:05 PM

who does not? ofcourse it really matter it because bitcoin is my way to have profit so i can earn extra income and i am planning to hold bitcoin one of these days to save for my childrens future...the high the value of btc the more money you can get..
He said for the good devotees of Bitcoin ,that the price never matters to them hmph… I wonder those who are the good devotees of Bitcoin that are not interested in making money but to spend and lose. Yes, if the price doesn’t matter to you that means you are not here with an intention to stabilize yourself financially, you’re just here to play hide n seek I guess, or what? Maybe a different game.
Truly the cost of Bitcoin matter in light of the fact that to start with the costs of Bitcoin were too low in that time nobody thinks about Bitcoin yet now when the costs of Bitcoin is going ever more elevated quickly an ever increasing number of individuals are pulled in to Bitcoin that is the reason the cost of Bitcoin matters.

IBMINER DONE A GOOD JOB. I learned a lesson from him. He gave me negative trust just because i was dealing with account seller. To buy an account.
Trivelius

Activity: 344

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:20:25 PM

Ofcourse, and it is the only thing that bitcoin matters, its price. Just think about it. You bought bitcoins in such a higer price. Then months past. Bitcoins price became low.  Then if you sell your bitcoins euth the lower price than when you bought it. You wont get your return on investment. In short. Its a loss
You are right, bitcoin price matters because people all over the world love to invest in bitcoin because of the price and importance of bitcoin, if we see the past of bitcoin where people doesn’t even want to know about bitcoin only the reason was that bitcoin doesn’t have high value but now the importance increases because price increases.

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
IanRidgwell

Activity: 263

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:21:22 PM

Bitcoin price really matters the most on bitcoin profit i believe that the unstable price o the  bitcoin iss the most amazing in this feild because it is unstable so then it is said to be a good way to invest your money because you can gain on only holding it for a long time.maybe all of bitcoiners will already know about bitcoins price and everyone really know that the price of bitcoin is the most apreciatable price that really makes it popular each day.
[/quote]
Bitcoin is famous and important because of the price of bitcoin if the price grow up then the importance will increases and if goes down and decreases occurs in price then the value and important will must decreases, this means that price and importance are directly proportional to each other that’s why price of bitcoin matter.

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:06:54 AM

What actually matter is not the actual price, it's the trend.
If the price is stable or rising, the adoption increases. People and businesses get more confident in bitcoin and start using it. More miners start up their gears.
If the price is falling, people get scared / suspicious and will go away from bitcoin.

for me the bitcoin price keeps going up because it will be good for me. if bitcoin prices increase, bitcoin users will also get more and more because they are motivated with very expensive bitcoin prices.

Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:57:40 AM

For true devotees of Bitcoin, the price of the digital currency is almost irrelevant. They believe in its inherent value or, more frequently, cannot see any value at all in the alternative of government issued fiat currency. Price is therefore not a concern. At the other end of the spectrum, for those that harbor what appears to be an irrational hatred of Bitcoin and anything to do with it, the exchange rate also matters little. They were screaming that it was all worthless when the price was at over $1000, and somehow convince themselves that an exchange rate of over 200 times what it was before that bubble proves their point. For the vast majority of people somewhere in the middle, however, the price of the currency in Dollar, Euro, Yuan or whatever terms is important.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/does-the-price-of-bitcoin-matter-cm476312#ixzz3a1cH4qcU

Yes its matter.... because almost bitcoin user brought coin.if the price is good its mean adoption is on high.but if the price fall shop will shutdown.but we hope bitcoin price will be stable.and bitcoin have small chances to get dump
Afnan_faizah

Activity: 770
Merit: 176

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:00:31 AM

Bitcoin price is matter for every bitcoin users because it is   determine the number and type of goods that they can buy. If the price high they can buy more goods, if the price low the numbee of goods that they can buy is deacrease. But I agree that bitcoin is matter especially  for investor.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
L00n3y

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:00:36 AM

For true devotees of Bitcoin, the price of the digital currency is almost irrelevant. They believe in its inherent value or, more frequently, cannot see any value at all in the alternative of government issued fiat currency. Price is therefore not a concern. At the other end of the spectrum, for those that harbor what appears to be an irrational hatred of Bitcoin and anything to do with it, the exchange rate also matters little. They were screaming that it was all worthless when the price was at over $1000, and somehow convince themselves that an exchange rate of over 200 times what it was before that bubble proves their point. For the vast majority of people somewhere in the middle, however, the price of the currency in Dollar, Euro, Yuan or whatever terms is important.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/does-the-price-of-bitcoin-matter-cm476312#ixzz3a1cH4qcU
A lot of bitcoin investors put their money on bitcoin with the hopes of profiting from it thus the price of bitcoin is what really matters to them.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:38:15 AM

Well, the price of bitcoin definitely matters. For example, if I’m into trading, I need to monitor whether the price of btc lowers down or gets higher because it affects the nature of what I do. Same with investors they need to keep an eye on the increase of price as well.
Pakboy

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:56:50 AM

Of course! the price of the bitcoin is really important! Do you know why the bitcoin is becoming more popular? It is because of the price of the bitcoin that is rapidly growing. There are many people got influenced to buy bitcoins because of its price.

mininglegend1234

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 05:57:02 AM

For me the people that are attracted to the price is mostly just the investors who made a profit everytime  there is a price like this. I think the best people to attract are those users who has a regular online transactions as they can more appreciate the benefits of bitcoins into their life, we should stick to bitcoins through thick and thin if we are true believers of it, the price increase is just a bonus as there will be a stable price with massive adoption happening.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:10:28 AM

Of course the price matters. This is how bitcoin tends to operate on price speculation.  Many people or i should say almost every person who involve with bitcoin bought the coin when he watch price. Probable if the price fall bitcoin user buy more coin if the price high bitcoin use will sell there bitcoin in order to gain benefits.I think its is the working process of bitcoins. Buy low and sell it to high.
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 »
  Print  

Jump to: