Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:40:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Vcoin sha256 pow  (Read 54973 times)
chrisvl (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 04:29:12 AM

Have anyone build osx wallet ??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 02:59:16 PM

Elsewhere on the net:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-21/a-tech-startup-is-trying-to-catalogue-every-piece-of-art-on-the-market

Is it possible to digitize and verify every art object ever made? Verisart, a new site co-founded by Robert Norton, previously chief executive officer of two online art-commerce sites, Saatchi Online and Sedition, is going to try.

The digital startup hopes to chronicle original artworks, prints, multiples, and books by using block chain, thereby assigning each object a (hopefully) unassailable certificate of authenticity. Each object’s provenance, in turn, is created step-by-step by its owners, who add their e-mail addresses to an object’s data when they purchase one. In the project’s second phase, down the road, Norton plans to catalogue older artwork by extending the verification service to online sites and artists’ estates. Eventually, he hopes to work with appraisers and insurers to add works that have already been validated.

We’re in the process of doing something similar, on a less ambitious scale. We want to use the notary service to publish semantic web URIs that resolve to RDF Graphs carrying the metadata for, in our case, edition data and provenance of Minkiz cool prints:

Cheers

Graham
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 03:33:14 PM

We’re in the process of doing something similar, on a less ambitious scale. We want to use the notary service to publish semantic web URIs that resolve to RDF Graphs carrying the metadata for, in our case, edition data and provenance of Minkiz cool prints.

Cheers

Graham

... as a start  Grin
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 08:47:08 PM

A short report on progress

Organisational structure

Consensus
The functioning of VCoin as a cryptocurrency requires two different forms of consensus. One is the cryptographic consensus enforced by the p2p application; the other is the social consensus that is created by those who hold coins and/or run nodes. In terms of raison d’être, the social consensus must first exist in order for the cryptographic consensus to have any semantic meaning. All the machine “knows” is whether the sequence of 64 bytes at this memory location is identical to the sequence of 64 bytes at that memory location. The rest, as they say, is left to the reader’s imagination.

The social consensus is by far the more important. In addition to grounding the semantics of the blockchain, it's the wellspring of the much-vaunted “network effect” --- which is really just a weak way of saying “backed by people”.

The network effect is either i) monolithic --- more users on the network as a whole result in each one of them deriving more value as each additional user represents one more peer to interact with or ii) particularised --- more users of one type make the network more attractive for users of a different but complementary type, such as consumers and merchants.

Direction by social consensus replaces control by central authority :
“Unlike traditional currencies such as dollars, bitcoins are issued and managed without any central authority whatsoever: there is no government, company, or bank in charge of Bitcoin.”  - http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

So who is in charge?
When it comes to p2p apps, the bottom line is that as soon as the source code is publicly released, no-one is ”in charge” of anything. The witticism “herding cats” doesn’t even come in to it; people are completely free to do as they like: run a node, not run a node; hold coins, don't hold coins; set up a foundation, a faucet, a business, promote the coin, fud the coin, set up webwallets, offer an alternative wallet design, provide off-chain features, pay to spam the blockchain, pay to clean up the blockchain, generously contribute to a faucet, mischevously drain a faucet dry.

The fact that there is no-one in charge is significant to US financial regulators. A couple of years ago FinCEN made it unambiguously clear ...
A final type of convertible virtual currency activity involves a de-centralized convertible virtual currency (1) that has no central repository and no single administrator, and (2) that persons may obtain by their own computing or manufacturing effort.

So, “official” this and “official” that are meaningless in the context of a cryptocurrency because no-one has the authority to stamp anything “official”. Or rather, anyone and everyone has the opportunity to stamp anything they want as “official” or make a claim to be “the official dev” but it carries no inherent authority, only that which it itself engenders.

How does anything ever get done?
The thing is, a cryptocurrency is a discrete Open Source project in its own right and in Open Source projects, things just sort of get done. Or not. The psycho-social aspects are currently not terribly-well understood in a number of key areas, one of which is the motivation of contributors.

In the case of altcoins, it seems that the creation of the altcoin's peer2peer network also establishes a social consensus which behaves as a prototypal form of “Teal” organisation as described in Frederic Laloux’ Reinventing organisations.

The vast majority of Laloux’ thesis can be ignored as irrelevant, the real interest is in how the closely the core Teal Organisation principles correspond to those of an altcoin community. In the example below, strikethrough denotes a concept that has no meaning in the context of an altcoin, the remainder are relevant and it’s hard to deny their correspondence:

Teal SELF MANAGEMENT practices
  • self organizing teams
  • coaches w/o P&L responsibility when needed
  • almost no staff functions
  • coordination and meetings ad hoc when needs arise
  • radically simplified project management
  • minimum plans & budgets
  • fluid and granular roles
  • decision making fully decentralized (advice process)
  • transparent real time information sharing incl,. financials
  • anybody can spend any amount of money provided advice process is respected
  • formal multi-step conflict resolution process
  • focus on Team performance, peer-based process for individual appraisals
  • self-set salaries with peer calibration, no bonus, profit sharing

Teal WHOLENESS practices
  • self-decorated warm spaces without status markers
  • clear values translated into explicit ground rules, ongoing values discussion
  • quiet room, meditation practices, team supervision, peer coaching
  • storytelling practices to support self-disclosure and community building
  • absence of job titles and descriptions to allow selfhood to shape roles
  • honest discussion about individual time commitments
  • regular time devoted to address conflicts
  • specific meeting practices keep ego at check
  • distributed initiatives taking
  • recruitment interviews by future colleagues, focus on fit with organization
  • personal freedom for training, focus on culture-building
  • personal inquiry into one‘s learning journey and calling
  • caring support to turn dismissal into a learning opportunity

Teal EVOLUTIONARY PURPOSE practices
  • organization seen as a living entity with its own evolutionary purpose
  • strategy emerges organically from collective intelligence of self-managing employees
  • decision making by listening to organization‘s purpose (everyone, large group, meditations…)
  • concept of competition irrelevant (embraced to pursue purpose)
  • growth and market share only important in as much they help achieve purpose
  • profit as lagging indicator: will come naturally when doing the right thing
  • inside out marketing: offer is defined by purpose
  • “sense and respond” planning/budgeting/controlling
  • no or radically simplified budgets, no tracking of variance; no targets
  • “change management” no longer relevant as organization constantly adapts from within
  • suppliers chosen by fit with purpose
  • total transparency invites outsiders to make suggestions to better bring about purpose
  • conscious sensing of what mood would serve best

The evolutionary purpose practices are a remarkably close description of the characteristics of an Open Source altcoin project.

In essence, altcoins are de facto Teal Organisations created as a natural consequence of the distributed nature of the p2p app.

Despite the New Waviness, the broad-brush description of a Teal Organisation never quite loses sight of its utilitarian purpose: doing things better, more effectively, with a more complex set of values.

That’s not a bad philosophy for an experimental vehicle like an altcoin to adopt.

Cheers

Graham
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 09:33:10 PM

Thanks for your enlightenment. It is always a pleasure to read your posts.  Smiley
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 06:41:54 AM

It's probably discussed in detail elsewhere but in Weekly Update #151, SK discusses Peercoin transaction fees and indicates Peercoin's imminent plans:

For the next release of peercoin, the output value can also be 0 to accommodate data transactions

Next release of Peercoin will include data transactions.

All together now ... “You don’t need a weatherman To know which way the wind blows”

Cheers,

Graham
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:33:11 AM

It's probably discussed in detail elsewhere but in Weekly Update #151, SK discusses Peercoin transaction fees and indicates Peercoin's imminent plans:

For the next release of peercoin, the output value can also be 0 to accommodate data transactions

Next release of Peercoin will include data transactions.

All together now ... “You don’t need a weatherman To know which way the wind blows”

Cheers,

Graham

Those that adapt to the changing times and environment will survive.
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 10:35:55 AM

Those that adapt to the changing times and environment will survive.

Indeed so. And it’s always later than you think.

Jobs that I might have applied for as a young adult but which have basically vanished since: boilerman, draughtsman, filing clerk.

Obviously, there are other tech-specific jobs that once were more numerous but now are scarce: farrier, wheelwright, etc. but I'm thinking of common jobs that I'd typically see in the local newspaper classifieds.

image from http://www.aviationarchive.org.uk/Gpages/html/G1649.html

Due to the labour-intensive nature of the job, automation gains were huge, I'd bet that just a single CAD operator can do all the work of the entire staff shown above.

These are jobs that disappeared quite early on in my working lifetime. In my mid-teens I decided I wanted to be an artist, my parents were horrified at the prospect and put me under a lot of pressure to train as a draughtsman. I entertained the idea for a while, then the realisation dawned that I'd basically be spending the rest of my life drawing toilet seats for a living. But I needn't have worried, had I chosen to make a career as a draughtsman, it'd have been a mercifully short one, made redundant by a plotter.

And so it continues ...

http://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/downloads/academic/The_Future_of_Employment.pdf
THE FUTURE OF EMPLOYMENT: HOW SUSCEPTIBLE ARE JOBS TO COMPUTERISATION?
Carl Benedikt Frey and Michael A. Osborne, September 17, 2013

We examine how susceptible jobs are to computerisation. To assess this, we begin by implementing a novel methodology to estimate the probability of computerisation for 702 detailed occupations, using a Gaussian process classifier.

Based on these estimates, we examine expected impacts of future computerisation on US labour market outcomes, with the primary objective of analysing the number of jobs at risk and the relationship between an occupation’s probability of computerisation, wages and educational attainment.

According to our estimates, about 47 percent of total US employment is at risk. We further provide evidence that wages and educational attainment exhibit a strong negative relationship with an occupation’s probability of computerisation.

We’re now living on the steep bit of the exponential curve and change is happening even faster. The well-staffed drafting office of the 50s was pretty much extinct by the 1980s in terms of vacancies in the classifieds. What are the odds that the job of “web site designer” will have all but vanished by, ooh say 2045? 2030? 2025? That's assuming it's not basically just an anachronism right now, given the front-end / back-end distinction that is apparently beginning to dominate thinking.

Whatever you think about cryptocurrency, it’s fairly clear now that the idea is here to stay, for reasons we have yet to fully understand and to fulfil a purpose that we cannot yet clearly discern.

Cheers

Graham

Edit: added image credit
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:09:43 AM

This makes me think of something that Charles Holland Duell said in 1902 : In my opinion, all previous advances in the various lines of invention will appear totally insignificant when compared with those which the present century will witness. I almost wish that I might live my life over again to see the wonders which are at the threshold.

I think that this will be relevant for the current century in an exponential way. I think there will be wonders beyond imagination and the financial system and the way we interact with each other is not exempt from this. New inventions make the old obsolete.
chrisvl (OP)
Legendary

Trainman

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 02:37:20 AM

Vcoin rewards has halved to 12,5

chrisvl (OP)
Legendary

Trainman

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 12:32:12 AM

Vcoin added on c-cex exchange voting list https://c-cex.com/?id=vote (last place) if you have account login and proccess vote also anyone can vote via sending bitcoins on 1Gvrpmq2cEZNTAnNk7ZkWX5rapQCTqX6j9 (1 vote =0.001 BTC)

hugabase

Activity: 824
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:42:13 AM

again...Huh

VC and the VCOIN..??

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557946.0

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 07:23:19 AM

Close but no cigar, thank you for playing.

This thread references VCoin with symbol VCN. Your post references “Virtualcoin” with symbol “VC”:

VirtualCoin integration/staging tree” <- https://github.com/vcoin-z/virtualcoin

https://github.com/vcoin-z/virtualcoin/blob/9.2.0/src/qt/bitcoinunits.cpp#L48
case BTC: return QString("VirtualCoins");

and

https://github.com/vcoin-z/virtualcoin/blob/9.2.0/src/qt/bitcoinunits.cpp#L37
case BTC: return QString("VC");

OP clearly advertises the coin's foundling origin which does tend to render moot any “what, again?” criticism.

Cheers

Graham
chrisvl (OP)
Legendary

Trainman

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 09:07:58 AM

it seems that you have not read the OP

chrisvl (OP)
Legendary

Trainman

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 08:12:40 PM

where's working block explorer ?

There are one block explorer https://minkiz.co/abe/chain/vcoin operated by Graham it now seems off

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 08:24:25 PM

Down atm. Had to switch servers, currently compiling VCoin.

Cheers

Graham
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 08:28:47 PM

Compiled, now syncing.

Cheers

Graham
chrisvl (OP)
Legendary

Trainman

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 10:42:58 PM

Compiled, now syncing.

and down again....

when block explorer are online i will notify here

chrisvl (OP)
Legendary

Trainman

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 05:42:35 AM

Block explorer is up https://minkiz.co/abe/chain/VCoin

chrisvl (OP)