Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:59:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 [482] 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382129 times)
masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1592

hmph..

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2019, 12:26:22 PM

this coin is bleeding death.......

Stop sent FUD reply, look SIA road map on Trello, and you will know what devs team doing now for this projects.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 05:13:03 PM

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 05:22:24 PM

Stop sent FUD reply, look SIA road map on Trello, and you will know what devs team doing now for this projects.

After spending a couple of months trading the awesome synergy in the DeFi boom...
Where any project can join the boom by coding some smart contracts...
It's kinda sad to see siloed, centralized, legacy projects floundering  Angry

Someone will replicate the DeFi boom in storage... but it won't be Sia.
bitpotter

Activity: 1451
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 06:04:38 PM

I don't know what problems Siacoin is facing, but I still believe that later it will be great again following in the footsteps of the old altcoin.
starkovblue

Activity: 966
Merit: 270

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 06:32:19 PM

I don't know what problems Siacoin is facing, but I still believe that later it will be great again following in the footsteps of the old altcoin.

The problem is now in the absence of hyip.
If you can say so, then no development will lead to an increase in capitalization now. We need positive news about investing funds to change the price trend. People just do not see the point in remaining in the project when all the best projects grow stronger and fall less.

Crypto is a very unique industry, where the line between "deserves to be in jail" and "leading member of the community" is as thin as one-ply toilet paper.
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 08:18:32 PM

Weeeeee  Grin

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
motienvolam

Activity: 291
Merit: 20

I love my wife and my little girl

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 11:45:27 PM

After saw your post, I visited Sia forum, then its blog, and found that there are ofificial announcements from Sia team. However, by now it is just a demo app for iOS, that is compatible with Android. Good news for Sia enthusiasts is Sia team will keep develop it further from the successful demo app in order to bring better experience for Sia users when they store and retrieve data. You should visit the Sia's blog and Twitter to get their news later.
A New Chapter in Sia Mobile App Development
The first ever upload to and download from the Sia network on a mobile device - without running a full node on the phone - has been accomplished! Read below to see the proof of concept demo for using Sia on iOS from @dangercze and @lukechampine
masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1592

hmph..

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 07:26:41 AM

The problem is now in the absence of hyip.
If you can say so, then no development will lead to an increase in capitalization now. We need positive news about investing funds to change the price trend. People just do not see the point in remaining in the project when all the best projects grow stronger and fall less.

Yups, sometimes good news affected to price of coins or tokens, but if dev team not giving a news or a good news its because development still on process. We just need to wait with patient. We cant blame the slowing process because sometime to implement a technology not easy as people think

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 01:50:41 AM

Well..hate to sound like 'sour grapes' but again to me, Sia-Tech is 'almost' perfectly following the ButterFly Labs scam. As long as they 'ship' a product (miners) no matter how

late. The SEC will simply go after the corporation and bankrupt such, with the 'principals' just walking away with Bitcoin from the equipment purchases.

Now 'supposedly' I was 'supposed' to be paid back about $610 or some such to my blockchain on Jan 31st, 2018. But nothing. No reason, just zippo.

This again, IMHO, was just a 'way' to get folk to 'spend' that supposed 'refund' on equipment batches that are dubious at best at this point in time.

The end game seems clear to me, coin speculation and massive difficulty with no storage option at the same level..in fact nowhere near that level. The same

for equipment. What is it 6 batches of Sia-Tech ASIC equipment and again (repeating myself) NO corresponding level of storage solution, again at the level

of these other two legs of this 3 legged stool...it again, seems to me, that Sia-Tech is using the model of BFL to wrangle their way out of a dubious method

of cryptocurrency mining and equipment over-kill, without any real 'storage solution' as they claim at the end of this exercise. Indeed BFL did the same, keeping

all the equipment (mining such) and benefiting from the BTC pump in price and then letting the corporation take the fall. This is a USA thing, miner makers have

an 'out' as long as they 'ship something' and are incorporated. We will see. Chump or Champ. But the silence is 'deafening' on where my supposed 'rebate' they

promised me and others for 1st batch equipment delays. Kinda put up or shut up time. Shut me up, I'd prefer to be wrong, just seeing this as a 'dwindling' likelihood

at this point in time.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
litecoingva

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

in LTC i trust

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 09:45:04 AM

support sia on ledger. everybody should go to vote

>>>>>https://trello.com/c/puwUWpl8/125-sia-support<<<<<

@GODofUSD
paramind22

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 11:12:00 PM

Does this coin stake?  It must be cheap now to start to get some stakes.  Anyone know?

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 11:16:06 PM

I am sad to see siacoin having so many problems. I always figured the developers getting into the ASIC space was going to hurt them.

I have some old siacoin mining equipment if anyone is interested that I really need to offload. Basically a server and 5, 24 slot bay drives, all filled with 2 TB hard drives each. Almost 250 TB of storage. Anyone interested?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
paramind22

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 02:14:14 AM

If the coin has a profitable staking percentage, that alone puts some utility in the coin and will draw investors who like to stake. 

If the team can't answer this question, then maybe it's not worth it. 

groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 01:37:38 PM

@paramind22 sia is PoW

and when functional, data storage farming

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 03:33:10 PM

Well..hate to sound like 'sour grapes' but again to me, Sia-Tech is 'almost' perfectly following the ButterFly Labs scam. As long as they 'ship' a product (miners) no matter how

late. The SEC will simply go after the corporation and bankrupt such, with the 'principals' just walking away with Bitcoin from the equipment purchases.

Now 'supposedly' I was 'supposed' to be paid back about $610 or some such to my blockchain on Jan 31st, 2018. But nothing. No reason, just zippo.

This again, IMHO, was just a 'way' to get folk to 'spend' that supposed 'refund' on equipment batches that are dubious at best at this point in time.

The end game seems clear to me, coin speculation and massive difficulty with no storage option at the same level..in fact nowhere near that level. The same

for equipment. What is it 6 batches of Sia-Tech ASIC equipment and again (repeating myself) NO corresponding level of storage solution, again at the level

of these other two legs of this 3 legged stool...it again, seems to me, that Sia-Tech is using the model of BFL to wrangle their way out of a dubious method

of cryptocurrency mining and equipment over-kill, without any real 'storage solution' as they claim at the end of this exercise. Indeed BFL did the same, keeping

all the equipment (mining such) and benefiting from the BTC pump in price and then letting the corporation take the fall. This is a USA thing, miner makers have

an 'out' as long as they 'ship something' and are incorporated. We will see. Chump or Champ. But the silence is 'deafening' on where my supposed 'rebate' they

promised me and others for 1st batch equipment delays. Kinda put up or shut up time. Shut me up, I'd prefer to be wrong, just seeing this as a 'dwindling' likelihood

at this point in time.

more like paycoin / Josh Garza movie whereas they lurking around boston  Cool *stay tuned*

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
paramind22

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 04:20:59 PM

@paramind22 sia is PoW

Thanks. I thought there was some kind of reward system that SIA gave holders.

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 07:25:08 PM

Are there any other competitors for sia at this point? I remember that there was one or two others, but cant remember their names.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 08:21:13 PM

@paramind22 sia is PoW

Will that reward people?  I must be confusing SIA with another coin that isn't POS but not POW which I thought was rewarding
holders for the last couple of years. 

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 08:46:47 PM

@paramind22 sia is PoW

Will that reward people?  I must be confusing SIA with another coin that isn't POS but not POW which I thought was rewarding

Siacoin is earned by renting out your unused hard drive space. You can also mine it using your hard drive.  It doesn't stake and you cant earn more simply by having some.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 10:18:09 PM

@paramind22 sia is PoW

Siacoin is earned by renting out your unused hard drive space. You can also mine it using your hard drive.  It doesn't stake and you cant earn more simply by having some.

The catch is getting used and/or new HD's to rent out such space does not count. Not prudent or feasible or practical at all. The amount of space to make anything on siacoin storage

would require you to have an existing data hall and just do this for kicks. In that you already own the hardware and using it for data storage anyway, so why not use the unused space. It

seems that may be more trouble than it is worth at this time in the sia-tech storage universe for even that to be worthwhile.

I've said it before. Much talk of this storage option but very little in the real world, to justify such equipment purchases either used HD's or new HD's to make this feasible at this time.

But a lot more real-world $$$ can be made in the ASIC miner money making by sia-tech (what is it the 7th batch now?). To top that off, even the last of the ASIC miner batches

they are making are for GRIN coin and not siacoin. You add the other leg to the stool that is overbuilt that is the coin itself. Likely, IMHO, for the amount of work done.

The last leg of this 3 legged stool is the siacoin that is out in the world, much more difficult and much more coin than the siacoin storage network could justify even if it was up in full.

Lots of issues. Couple years behind Timeline. The emphasis on making equipment vs promoting the storage aspect of siacoin. Quite frankly, I'm surprised the coin is not 1/5th the

price it is currently. Not looking good IMHO. Not at all. They need to step it up so AT LEAST a hobbyist can make a sia-tech storage HD system out of used or new parts and play with

it and at LEAST make enough money for electricity in (you pay) for storage payments (to your) in (siacoin storage pays). Without that to move things along it looks like to me, full

stagnation for the storage option..the 'supposed' crown jewel of decentralized, everyone, anonymous cloud storage for everyone.

Naw, at the present time, I"m not buying the hype. They are going sideways on this project at best and likely backsliding big time without our full awareness.

my two siacoin of wisdom on this

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 ... 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 [482] 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: