Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:15:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 [486] 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382129 times)
KenMasters

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 06:44:25 PM

First time hearing of this. Has anyone have experience storing their files in this?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShibeDoge

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 10:22:20 AM

well i didnt have idea of all these things honestly. but kraken recentrly listed sia so i guess thins are not so ugly for siacoin proyect
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 02:08:34 PM

lmao

Good for you.

ppl stilllll believe in this shit?

Yop.

fucking sad.

Thanks for the compassion.

this coin had it's 15mins of fame, then died a rekt death given the markets and direction the team took.

Really? There is simply no data to back this up. A majority of (if not all) altcoins had their bubble popped around the same time in H2 2017 and then in Q1 2018. The team is quite transparent and provide frequent updates (weekly/bi-weekly). They might have taken some questionable directions, yet, this is by far one of the few remaining solid projects in the crypto-space. If you want to imply otherwise, please provide data to back up your claims. If you think that price reflects fundamentals, technology or potential, please think again. There is no guarantee whatsoever the price will go up or down, regardless, all evidence points to the fact that Sia, as a decentralized cloud storage platform, is very far from failing.

Does anyone know if their supposed 'decentralized network' is really doing anything of note? Or is it backsliding as well?

Their decentralized network is not supposed (unless you mean something else), it has actually been running/working as such for years. And they just raised some million dollars back in July 2019 (https://sia.tech/funding2019).

General advice which never gets old: Not financial advice. Do you own research.

ShibeDoge

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 09:49:18 AM

well i didnt have idea of all these things honestly. but kraken recentrly listed sia so i guess thins are not so ugly for siacoin proyect

Just remember apart of kraken thing also Bain Capital invested 3,5M in siacoin lately. I don,t think those companies invest resources for nothing

https://www.coindesk.com/sia-network-raises-3-5-million-from-bain-capital-to-become-crypto-hulu

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 03:09:30 AM

First time hearing of this. Has anyone have experience storing their files in this?

All I know is I looked into this 9 months ago..and even with the cheapest of "used' equipment I could not make this storage stuff fly

by making any size box in any way/shape/form worth doing and profitable. It is all data hall folks that do this on the side as far as I can tell.

So until that part is fixed...we are due at BEST to sideways.....IMHO...but again, the devs are failing with this project in so many directions

from sia-tech/grin debacle\little use coin with high difficulty due to over mining or how shall I say instead, driving up difficulty without

and corresponding use or adoption of that coin so IMHO vs adoption or hell at least the storage thing in break-even mode

am not encouraged by siacoin at this point,  at all Sad

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
litecoingva

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

in LTC i trust

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 12:58:24 AM

Blockchain domains + decentralized storage = A website only you can put up and take down!!!

BUT siatech missed this important step... i don't think you can store files for websites on sia blockchain...

so why siacoin could have a future when other project have gone forward in terms of storage ?

@GODofUSD
HeitorMessias

Activity: 207
Merit: 32

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via" Seneca _

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 12:03:36 AM

Hi everyone, i am long term holder of SC if the year 2019 was very good and had great progresses i will probably buy more SC
litecoingva

in LTC i trust

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 04:11:03 PM

seem that other project have gone forward in term of storage... i don't know what's wrong with sia it was the 1st but like myspace it fell

@GODofUSD
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 06:12:21 PM

Hi everyone, i am long term holder of SC if the year 2019 was very good and had great progresses i will probably buy more SC

Heh, I admire you 'big brass ones' but myself, unless they show some REAL progress in the decentralized storage option that is supposedly the 'heart' of Siacoin...

rather then-current 'speculation on the price of SC and/or miners per se...I'm gonna just stay out of this for now. Right now I'm basically in HODL mode for a pump

in SC prices, before I dump all or most. Color me 'skeptical'. I mean they are NOT even making ASIC boards that could be used with SC for the Cheap DCR-1 boxes

sitting out in the world. But mainly, put up or shut up on the decentralized storage part of the project or the whole SC coin endeavor is gonna fall into a black hole, IMHO.

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
WillJ7

Merit: 4

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 11:13:11 PM

Just remember apart of kraken thing also Bain Capital invested 3,5M in siacoin lately. I don,t think those companies invest resources for nothing

https://www.coindesk.com/sia-network-raises-3-5-million-from-bain-capital-to-become-crypto-hulu

The Bain Capital investment looks to me like they are buying a lottery ticket on Sia's IP, that's all.  3.5MM is nothing to a venture capital firm.  I did not get a sense of optimism after reading about the Bain Capital infusion. 
TimeTeller

Activity: 2702
Merit: 588

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 11:50:01 PM

Heh, I admire you 'big brass ones' but myself, unless they show some REAL progress in the decentralized storage option that is supposedly the 'heart' of Siacoin...

rather then-current 'speculation on the price of SC and/or miners per se...I'm gonna just stay out of this for now. Right now I'm basically in HODL mode for a pump

in SC prices, before I dump all or most. Color me 'skeptical'. I mean they are NOT even making ASIC boards that could be used with SC for the Cheap DCR-1 boxes

sitting out in the world. But mainly, put up or shut up on the decentralized storage part of the project or the whole SC coin endeavor is gonna fall into a black hole, IMHO.

Brad

The enthusiasm to further develop their platform has subside?
I am not really following their progress but I know they are one of the pioneers in decentralized storage.
Are the current clients of SIA happy with their services?
They have several investors on this project, so I don't think they will just stop their developments.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 12:15:59 AM

Brad

The enthusiasm to further develop their platform has subside?
I am not really following their progress but I know they are one of the pioneers in decentralized storage.
Are the current clients of SIA happy with their services?
They have several investors on this project, so I don't think they will just stop their developments.

my issue they made a lot of ASIC equipment (but no more for SC) and they made a lot of coins, as a result, to speculate with...but the supposed purpose of

Siacoin as a decentralized anonymous file server worldwide storage network is way, way behind and just plain silly for cost/use, etc in its present form.

I still think Sia-Tech is gonna pull a ButterFly Labs in the USA and just walk with Bankruptcy. I don't see how they can pull off their 'supposed' network after losing

money on the GRIN hardware and other dubious stuff.

I'd like to be proven wrong on the storage coming up to speed..but just don't see any talk or any action as such at the same level as speculation hype on Siacoin prices

and difficulty nor on the movement of hardware for SC coin ASIC'S...and supposedly that was the whole purpose of SC coin but it has been lost in the dogpile.

chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 11:35:34 AM

my issue they made a lot of ASIC equipment (but no more for SC) and they made a lot of coins, as a result, to speculate with...but the supposed purpose of

Siacoin as a decentralized anonymous file server worldwide storage network is way, way behind and just plain silly for cost/use, etc in its present form.

I still think Sia-Tech is gonna pull a ButterFly Labs in the USA and just walk with Bankruptcy. I don't see how they can pull off their 'supposed' network after losing

I'd like to be proven wrong on the storage coming up to speed..but just don't see any talk or any action as such at the same level as speculation hype on Siacoin prices

and difficulty nor on the movement of hardware for SC coin ASIC'S...and supposedly that was the whole purpose of SC coin but it has been lost in the dogpile.

What is Your problem with SIA decentralized storage? Do You want to sell or buy storage?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 07:37:46 PM

What is Your problem with SIA decentralized storage? Do You want to sell or buy storage?

It is impossible to make storage for this Siacoin decentralized system even with the most optimistic of 'used' equipment prices.....indeed last I looked it did not

pay if you got the equipment free! Thus for a decentralized anonymous storage method that relies on 'getting' people to use it, (large data halls and corporation

data halls) vs Amazon...unless you can build such a setup to use with Siacoin....you are limited. Thus lots of Siacoin speculation and difficulty and lots of equipment

they sold for BTC and had a 'nice' career for the last few years...but hey, unless people can build their system in a decentralized method as well and make even a

frigging 'modest' profit....well....no corporation data hall Tech ever got fired for using Amazon Cloud. It is gonna be a hard sell if that is your market for this.

But prove me wrong. Show me a system I can build for $5k to $10k with this in mind that I can even get 'close' to an ROI and I'll listen. Again, the storage vision

is years behind the equipment and amount of difficulty and Siacoin out there being traded, IMHO. Without catching that up in the manner above, also in a decentralized

way, it is all fairy dust/unicorn farts/ and rainbows! IMHO!

Brad

hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2020, 10:13:27 AM

Finally the another terrible year for altcoins ended hours ago, and we have jumped in to the new year, 2020, with lots of hope for altcoins. Of course, I wish all the best for Sia coin project, the team's future developmental and marketting plans, their families, and for all of the Siacoiners.

Despite of some waves of amazing recoveries in 2019, there are only a minority of investors and traders took advantage of it and enriched their portfolios. For the others, who long-term hold the coin, and if they bought it in 2017 or early of 2018, they have still temporarily suffered some level of losses but don't give up, a lot of positive things to come in the new year and next year too.

Best wishes to you.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
KenMasters

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 05:52:37 PM

All I know is I looked into this 9 months ago..and even with the cheapest of "used' equipment I could not make this storage stuff fly

by making any size box in any way/shape/form worth doing and profitable. It is all data hall folks that do this on the side as far as I can tell.

So until that part is fixed...we are due at BEST to sideways.....IMHO...but again, the devs are failing with this project in so many directions

from sia-tech/grin debacle\little use coin with high difficulty due to over mining or how shall I say instead, driving up difficulty without

and corresponding use or adoption of that coin so IMHO vs adoption or hell at least the storage thing in break-even mode

Brad

Thanks for the update Brad. It seems as though the concept is hard to pull off.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 09:28:34 PM

Brad

Thanks for the update, Brad. It seems as though the concept is hard to pull off.

I'd like to be wrong, but IMHO, unless there is a way for someone to build a Siacoin decentralized storage aspect of all this...even with used equipment and simply just

break even on the electric say, to help this concept...I fear it is doomed. Too many coins and difficulty for use now and also the Sia-Tech ASIC maker aspect is way over the top vs their

real 'supposed' reason for all this. The decentralized and anonymous worldwide storage vision. I still think they are gonna pull a Butterfly Labs (in the USA) and go bankrupt. I see no

other option if they still have expenses from the Sia-Tech aspect and GRIN miner failures and are NOT making any more SC1 boards of any type for sale. They have to eat those

loses in some manner, IMHO. I'd love to be proved wrong, but with the 'deafening' silence going on, I feel that is not the case.

Brad

litecoingva

in LTC i trust

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 05:40:42 AM

January 2018 Mcap 2,9B
January 2019 Mcap 105M
January 2020 Mcap 54M

here is the fact... the smart money run away.

sia give me me 30btc in 2017 and i don't think this will happen again...

storage in blockchain war a good marketing... but other project have gone forward

sorry to tell that but siacoin is RIP

@GODofUSD
Branko

Activity: 2450
Merit: 318

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 07:57:33 AM

storage in blockchain war a good marketing... but other project have gone forward

Which "other project", and in what way it gone forward?
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1250

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 09:35:24 AM

Brad

Thanks for the update, Brad. It seems as though the concept is hard to pull off.

I'd like to be wrong, but IMHO, unless there is a way for someone to build a Siacoin decentralized storage aspect of all this...even with used equipment and simply just

break even on the electric say, to help this concept...I fear it is doomed. Too many coins and difficulty for use now and also the Sia-Tech ASIC maker aspect is way over the top vs their

real 'supposed' reason for all this. The decentralized and anonymous worldwide storage vision. I still think they are gonna pull a Butterfly Labs (in the USA) and go bankrupt. I see no

other option if they still have expenses from the Sia-Tech aspect and GRIN miner failures and are NOT making any more SC1 boards of any type for sale. They have to eat those

loses in some manner, IMHO. I'd love to be proved wrong, but with the 'deafening' silence going on, I feel that is not the case.

Brad

It does sound ominous, SIA was one of my ALT projects which I
was truly excited about but I lost patience and liquidated my
tokens back into Bitcoin as did everyone I know!

Time to cut the losses and focus on the only project that really matters

BTC

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pages: « 1 ... 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 [486] 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: