Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:34:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382129 times)
ioncanon

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

JaguarCrypto

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:50:59 AM

no pool?
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Taek (OP)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:52:03 AM

hmm)) how to compile it on ubuntu?

Hix,  did you find a fix to the the issue?  I am having zero luck compiling "siad" on Ubuntu 14.04.

https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia/blob/master/doc/Developers.md

Sia's a bit trickier because we have many packages inside of the same project.You need to set up your $GOPATH, and then you need to clone the Sia repo in $GOPATH/src/github.com/NebulousLabs

Alternatively, you can try installing it with
Code:
go get github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia/...
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:54:10 AM

Hix,  did you find a fix to the the issue?  I am having zero luck compiling "siad" on Ubuntu 14.04.

Sia's a bit trickier because we have many packages inside of the same project.You need to set up your $GOPATH, and then you need to clone the Sia repo in $GOPATH/src/github.com/NebulousLabs

Code:

In order to compile it, I had to set GOBIN as well (ubuntu).

Taek (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:58:04 AM

Uploading a word doc now, let ya know if it works or gives message

EDIT:5999 blocks remaining.. hmmm could be because not many on the actual network yet, or ported correctly? just guessing. But your right! like I said gonna be a while lol

Yeah it's gonna take awhile hahaha. I just want to spread my European and Aussie Hardstyle goodness. WHERE ALL MY PARTY LOVERS AT?

6000 blocks remaining refers to the number of blocks that the file will stay on the network. If you're seeing that, it means it uploaded  Smiley

When it hits 0, the file will disappear from the network and you'll have to upload it again.

Code:

In order to compile it, I had to set GOBIN as well (ubuntu).

huh. I don't think that's normally necessary. I always compile go from source though instead of use a package manager.

====

If anyone is curious, it currently takes ~15TH to mine a block. Assuming 10 minute blocks (which, we are still mining much faster than that), that's 26GH/s total on the network.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how much mining is happening.  Cheesy
Hix
Legendary

Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:00:18 AM

Code:
where are need to put GOPATH ?
I put it in ~/.profile but it didn`t work for me
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 10:04:16 AM

Still can't start this new miner release "as is", Sia_GPU-Miner-v1.0.1-win64. Why does it seems that Wolf0 is smarter than developers of this miner?..  Undecided

D:\Distrib\Siacoin\Sia_GPU-Miner-v1.0.1-win64>sia_GPU-Miner.exe
Initializing...failed to get Device IDs: -1

Win7 x64, 14.6 RC catalyst driver. 2 R9 290s. No monitor (headless system).

have you set the environment variables? ...

inside a .bat to run the miner ( at least that is what i had to do in the linux script ) - just place the environment variables before the miner ...

export DISPLAY=:0
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

hope this helps ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 10:10:14 AM

How to compile v1.0.1 for Windows?  Roll Eyes

Shit, I wish I knew how to compile Sia at all, and I'm a developer.

come on wolf ...

now ur playing Wink ...

will try testing sia today with the first machine - 4 x gigabyte 280x oc ...

IF i can get the thing running of course ...

#crysx

Actually, I'm not. I've never dealt with Go before, and after trying to compile Sia, I now hate it.

holy patushka batman! ...

i have been trying to compile the gpu-miner and error after error after error - im close to giving up ...

where can i get some static compiled binaries already compiled for linux ( fedora 19 and 20 ) please? ...

cant believe the difficulty in compiling this miner ...

wolf0 - pallas ... how on earth did you guys get it compiled - let alone running with high hashrates? ...

#crysx

Oh, that shit is simple. If you're on PiMP, as I think you are, simply add -L/opt/AMDAPP/lib/x86 to LFLAGS before -lOpenCL.
If you're on 64-bit PiMP, make that -L/opt/AMDAPP/lib/x86_64

no not on pimp mate ...

just running from fedora 19 x64 ... thats the design i originally needed to make them sellable machines with little downtime ...

still wont compile under fedora 19 x64 ... but managed to download the precompiled gpu-miner ...

now have them running through nested scripts to run automatically from the main script ...

so thanks for the help wolf ...

the issue is at the moment - the four mining threads on this machine are only mining at around 50MH ... these cards are gigabyte 280x oc ...

how on earth can i make them run faster? ...

there doesnt seem to be any parameter switches within gpu-miner to control gpu and mem clocks ( like in sgminer ) ...

anyway of doing that? ...

#crysx

Old school. You need to use aticonfig. But that's not going to help you much.

What would help you, is modifying the global amount of work-items per kernel launch, I think. I've not tried it on that miner, obviously, but I think it'll help.

You really need to modify the code - specifically the call to clEnqueueNDRangeKernel() (or modify a variable passed to it), to do this, however. Now, the command line params give you a sort of indirect, hobbled control with the -c parameter - but instead of raising the number of work-items for the GPU, it instead simply loops kernel executions, which... if I'm reading this correctly, their comment means that they think doing a shitton of calls to clEnqueueNDRangeKernel() with a small amount of work-items will prevent locking up. It might help a tiny bit... but it'll also likely cause a shitton of overhead as instead of using the GPU to its fullest, they feed it tiny bits of work at a time - I would bet some compute units are idle or close to it for a large amount of time, now.

Hmmm... my advice? Just change a few numbers around in the code - raise amount of global work-items until your weakest cards begin to lock up, then raise the amount of time between calls to siad to get work with the -s option. Drop the -c option like a hot brick - raising the amount of global work-items while continuing to loop like that will probably cause massive instability.

wolf ...

can i just buy your miner mate? ...

Smiley ...

there is NO way that is going to happen with the workload i have at the moment ...

apart from that - i am no developer ... i can do enough to get me INTO a lot of trouble -and that is about it ...

ill leave the coding to you and the devs ...

btw - the blocks that have been mined are huge now - which i think may be a false stat ...

10943 / 11023 / 7953 / 10897 - blocks that have been mined by the measly 50MH per card ... that does not seem right ...

#crysx

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:17:51 AM

What does this error mean?

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."

Running wallet 0.3.3.1 with GPU miner 1.01 x64 in the same folder.
Taek (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:33:34 AM

What does this error mean?

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."

Running wallet 0.3.3.1 with GPU miner 1.01 x64 in the same folder.

I think it means you are missing a necessary library. We added another one when we added a few command line arguments, I'm guessing that's causing problems.

We'll try to get another release out that removes that later today.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 10:40:58 AM

How to compile v1.0.1 for Windows?  Roll Eyes

Shit, I wish I knew how to compile Sia at all, and I'm a developer.

come on wolf ...

now ur playing Wink ...

will try testing sia today with the first machine - 4 x gigabyte 280x oc ...

IF i can get the thing running of course ...

#crysx

Actually, I'm not. I've never dealt with Go before, and after trying to compile Sia, I now hate it.

holy patushka batman! ...

i have been trying to compile the gpu-miner and error after error after error - im close to giving up ...

where can i get some static compiled binaries already compiled for linux ( fedora 19 and 20 ) please? ...

cant believe the difficulty in compiling this miner ...

wolf0 - pallas ... how on earth did you guys get it compiled - let alone running with high hashrates? ...

#crysx

Oh, that shit is simple. If you're on PiMP, as I think you are, simply add -L/opt/AMDAPP/lib/x86 to LFLAGS before -lOpenCL.
If you're on 64-bit PiMP, make that -L/opt/AMDAPP/lib/x86_64

no not on pimp mate ...

just running from fedora 19 x64 ... thats the design i originally needed to make them sellable machines with little downtime ...

still wont compile under fedora 19 x64 ... but managed to download the precompiled gpu-miner ...

now have them running through nested scripts to run automatically from the main script ...

so thanks for the help wolf ...

the issue is at the moment - the four mining threads on this machine are only mining at around 50MH ... these cards are gigabyte 280x oc ...

how on earth can i make them run faster? ...

there doesnt seem to be any parameter switches within gpu-miner to control gpu and mem clocks ( like in sgminer ) ...

anyway of doing that? ...

#crysx

Old school. You need to use aticonfig. But that's not going to help you much.

What would help you, is modifying the global amount of work-items per kernel launch, I think. I've not tried it on that miner, obviously, but I think it'll help.

You really need to modify the code - specifically the call to clEnqueueNDRangeKernel() (or modify a variable passed to it), to do this, however. Now, the command line params give you a sort of indirect, hobbled control with the -c parameter - but instead of raising the number of work-items for the GPU, it instead simply loops kernel executions, which... if I'm reading this correctly, their comment means that they think doing a shitton of calls to clEnqueueNDRangeKernel() with a small amount of work-items will prevent locking up. It might help a tiny bit... but it'll also likely cause a shitton of overhead as instead of using the GPU to its fullest, they feed it tiny bits of work at a time - I would bet some compute units are idle or close to it for a large amount of time, now.

Hmmm... my advice? Just change a few numbers around in the code - raise amount of global work-items until your weakest cards begin to lock up, then raise the amount of time between calls to siad to get work with the -s option. Drop the -c option like a hot brick - raising the amount of global work-items while continuing to loop like that will probably cause massive instability.

wolf ...

can i just buy your miner mate? ...

Smiley ...

there is NO way that is going to happen with the workload i have at the moment ...

apart from that - i am no developer ... i can do enough to get me INTO a lot of trouble -and that is about it ...

ill leave the coding to you and the devs ...

btw - the blocks that have been mined are huge now - which i think may be a false stat ...

10943 / 11023 / 7953 / 10897 - blocks that have been mined by the measly 50MH per card ... that does not seem right ...

#crysx

I didn't suggest really anything that would even be exceedingly difficult for someone with zero knowledge of coding. I told you what number you needed to change, how to change it, and roughly where it was. The rest is simply command line parameters. Of course, it's not going to be exceedingly simple for someone who doesn't have a clear idea of what to do from having done it before - if it was, there wouldn't be any value in it, don't you think?

The blocks mined stat gets clobbered when siad derps - it sends a REALLY low target, I think, making you think you're mining blocks at an alarming rate. Just restart the miner.

Anyways, I'm open to more questions. You asked me how to make the GPUs run faster; in my previous post, I gave you the tools to do it - but you've have to do it yourself.  Besides the fact it's good to learn new things, if I do it for you, there's no reason I shouldn't do it for someone else, or everyone else. Then you'll be right back where you started, except you'll be seeing higher numbers when you look at your miner... and at the network difficulty.

makes a great deal of sense - all that you have suggested ...

but time is of the essence for me - and the farm for that matter ...

which is why the experts in their field do what they do best - and if you want to offload or sell your wisdom via your work - then its a damn good way to do it ...

which ever way - i DO appreciate the guidelines you have supplied ... now for the time to play - which at the moment is non-existent ...

for a man like me - too much fiddling is time wasted - not a learning experience that can advance what i do here ...

this is why i would much rather leave it to you ( the expert ) - and buy your wares if you are willing to sell ( the really lazy but efficient way of doing it for people like me ) ...

btw - i really would like to learn coding ... i was stupid and dropped it all when i was younger and in uni ... there is just no time for me on a personal level to do so ... yet ...

tanx again wolf ...

#crysx

xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:46:25 AM

Is there a way I can upload a file and get paid Siacoin each time someone downloads it?
Also has the UI wallet supporting siafunds been released?
What's the development roadmap?

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:46:56 AM

Is there a way I can upload a file and get paid KSC each time someone downloads it?

This would be a great thing to implement in the future.
xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:48:12 AM

Is there a way I can upload a file and get paid KSC each time someone downloads it?

Is it on the development roadmap?

Moebius327

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:49:15 AM

It should be if you ask me.
xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:54:42 AM

Are you one of the developers?

xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:59:14 AM

Where can I buy some Sia?

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:01:38 AM

I have 297.5 KS. Would you like to buy it for 0.1 BTC?  Wink

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Moebius327

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:03:10 AM

Are you one of the developers?

No I am not. I just liked your idea and I like this coin.

Edit: You can buy/sell here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1083781.0

I have 297.5 KS. Would you like to buy it for 0.1 BTC?  Wink

PM 

Edit: Ups sorry read the wrong price
riskyfire

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 11:04:42 AM

I got this error with the wallet on win 32 and win 64?

sia.exe Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point SetCurrentProcessExplicitAppUserModelID
could not be located in the dynamic link library shell32.dll

sounds like your windows resources may have been corrupted. Try running "sfc /scannow" from an administrative command prompt, then run Sia again.

I tried the system file checker - No joy

I've tried another vista 32 pc and that has the same error.

However I did manage to get siad running and cpu mining on ubuntu and a mac but not sure
if mining properly and if worthwhile.? amd 7800k & i5 in mac

Lees-iMac:~ Owner$ /Users/Owner/sia/siac miner status
Miner status:
State:   On
Threads: 4 (4 active)
Address: 67f26efce82ce70<snipped>

Quantify

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:06:22 AM

trying to mine this on a old card 6870

only getting 1.3 mh/s ? norm get 320 mh/s on scrypt etc ...

is this normal i see everyone reporting usual rates for 280x etc 700-800 mh/s

Have added

set GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

to .bat

Am i missing something , is it age of card? ( norm gets 320) any help appreciated , dont gonna mine any blocks with 1.3 mhs

thanks in advance

Q
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: