Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:49:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382129 times)
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 04:57:48 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2015, 05:17:20 PM by mishax1

Going to be probably another 7 weeks or so before software is even ready for an exchange for SIA.

And I certainly would rather see it start on a better exchange, and no one should have to pay to have SIA listed. The exchanges should be lining up to add it  Grin no voting needed.

C-Cex has listed about as many shitcoins as there can possibly be. And bogus ICO's for those shitcoins... IDK. Like to see SIA on Poloniex or Bittrex to start.

A top shelf coin deserves a top shelf exchange  Smiley
I agree with it. We need Poloniex or maybe cryptsy.

+1 for poloniex  - https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Taek (OP)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 06:02:30 PM

Going to be probably another 7 weeks or so before software is even ready for an exchange for SIA.

And I certainly would rather see it start on a better exchange, and no one should have to pay to have SIA listed. The exchanges should be lining up to add it  Grin no voting needed.

C-Cex has listed about as many shitcoins as there can possibly be. And bogus ICO's for those shitcoins... IDK. Like to see SIA on Poloniex or Bittrex to start.

A top shelf coin deserves a top shelf exchange  Smiley
I agree with it. We need Poloniex or maybe cryptsy.

+1 for poloniex  - https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Poloniex has already showed interest in putting our coin on their exchange, we just need to expand the api. It's going to take time, but we're getting there.
robinson5

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 07:49:00 PM

I opened my wallet today to buy more siacoin and I noticed my balance now shows 0KS.  I haven't downloaded an update or messed with anything because of some problems people have been having.  I had previously found the wallet.dat file and copied it onto my desktop as a backup.  I just replaced the wallet.dat file that was in sia with the one I had on my desktop and it still says 0KS.  It also is showing a different address.  How is this possible? Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks
TerraMaster

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:01:50 PM

I opened my wallet today to buy more siacoin and I noticed my balance now shows 0KS.  I haven't downloaded an update or messed with anything because of some problems people have been having.  I had previously found the wallet.dat file and copied it onto my desktop as a backup.  I just replaced the wallet.dat file that was in sia with the one I had on my desktop and it still says 0KS.  It also is showing a different address.  How is this possible? Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks
was it showing a new address before you replaced it with the one from your desktop? or did you happen to notice that?

BTC:1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
robinson5

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:14:02 PM

was it showing a new address before you replaced it with the one from your desktop? or did you happen to notice that?

yeah it was showing 0KS and a new address before I replaced it
d34g13

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:22:12 PM

i would simply zip and backup the full wallet directory
robinson5

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:29:33 PM

I didn't backup the full directory but a couple weeks ago I did backup the wallet.dat file located in (on a mac you need to right click and select show package contents on the electron app first): Contents/Resources/app/Sia/wallet.  I didn't also backup the wallet.backup file is that what is causing this? I just replaced the wallet.dat file that's located in Sia/wallet with the one I backed up a couple weeks ago.  Still no balance though.  Does that mean somehow someone got my private keys and sent the coins somewhere else? Or both my wallet.dat files are corrupted?
d34g13

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:39:34 PM

I didn't backup the full directory but a couple weeks ago I did backup the wallet.dat file located in (on a mac you need to right click and select show package contents on the electron app first): Contents/Resources/app/Sia/wallet.  I didn't also backup the wallet.backup file is that what is causing this? I just replaced the wallet.dat file that's located in Sia/wallet with the one I backed up a couple weeks ago.  Still no balance though.  Does that mean somehow someone got my private keys and sent the coins somewhere else? Or both my wallet.dat files are corrupted?

i doubt someone has your keys

doublecheck that your wallet has more than just 1 peers (it usually starts with 1 peer and builds up over time)

also ensure to replace the wallet file and then start the wallet (i doubt it will work to replace it while wallet is running)
robinson5

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:44:36 PM

doublecheck that your wallet has more than just 1 peers (it usually starts with 1 peer and builds up over time)

also ensure to replace the wallet file and then start the wallet (i doubt it will work to replace it while wallet is running)

I think everything's okay!  I restarted my wallet again and my computer as well this time.  When I opened electrum the overview page was completely blank (didn't say 0KS it was just blank) and then after a couple minutes my balance loaded! Thanks everyone
Tobo

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:45:38 PM

I think as long as it shows a new address it is not your original/old wallet. Make sure you were using your original wallet.dat file when you run the client.
robinson5

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:50:34 PM

I think as long as it shows a new address it is not your original/old wallet. Make sure you were using your original wallet.dat file when you run the client.

I restarted my computer and now it's showing my address and balance again.  I'm not sure how it's possible but the wallet.dat files are definitely from my original wallet yet somehow it was showing a 0 balance and different address.

Earlier when I was trying to mine, I ran either siac or siad I can't remember and my balance went to 0 and I got a new address. I quit terminal and restarted electrum and my balance and address was back again.  I didn't try to mine again because I was worried I'd permanently mess up but maybe that has something to do with what happened now.
Hix
Legendary

Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:52:22 PM

I think everything's okay!  I restarted my wallet again and my computer as well this time.  When I opened electrum the overview page was completely blank (didn't say 0KS it was just blank) and then after a couple minutes my balance loaded! Thanks everyone
congratulation Smiley backup wallet in save place now  Smiley
Tobo

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:57:31 PM

Earlier when I was trying to mine, I ran either siac or siad I can't remember and my balance went to 0 and I got a new address. I quit terminal and restarted electrum and my balance and address was back again.  I didn't try to mine again because I was worried I'd permanently mess up but maybe that has something to do with what happened now.

I think when you are mining you get an new address whenever you mine coins. It is ok to have multiple addresses in the same wallet. but I am not a miner and hope that some miners can confirm this.
Hix
Legendary

Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 09:04:11 PM

Earlier when I was trying to mine, I ran either siac or siad I can't remember and my balance went to 0 and I got a new address. I quit terminal and restarted electrum and my balance and address was back again.  I didn't try to mine again because I was worried I'd permanently mess up but maybe that has something to do with what happened now.

I think when you are mining you get an new address whenever you mine coins. It is ok to have multiple addresses in the same wallet. but I am not a miner and hope that some miners can confirm this.
Wallet have visible addresses and non-visible. Then you mine block it addon in wallet as non-visible address
TerraMaster

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 09:18:00 PM

I ran either siac or siad

That's probably when your problems started  Smiley

Glad its all back!

LVB

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 10:44:31 PM

Is there a way to choose where to store hosted files? Will this be included in future releases? Thanks!

I am sure something like this will be in future updates.  It would be cool to be able to get the wallet working on a Raspberry Pi with multiple external USB Drives hosting the storage.  Would save money on electric and wouldn't tie up your main computer.  I've never tried it, but I would assume you could merge all the external drives into one LVM.  You could pretty much go crazy with storage and Linux.  Linux makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

I'm doing it right now in Linux. Simply put the "hosting" directory on a different drive (or on an LVM volume), and point a symbolic link to it.
TerraMaster

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 11:34:00 PM

Is there a way to know how many wallets are actually connected to the network at any given time? I know we can see host available.

What I am wondering is, are the all wallets that may be in use now and for uploading, limited to just us handful of supporters and enthusiast on this thread?

Do we need to get the word out more and make it get broader use at this version level/beta. or better to make a push after next release..  Grin

Roozy

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 12:24:46 AM

I have an idea I believe will bring A LOT of people to Sia... I would have made this site myself if I possessed the technical website building skills.

The idea is to create a website similar to www.icefilms.info
where people can go to lookup ascii codes for the movies they want to watch. With Sia.. no one could "take down" the files due to copyright infringement/etc... Once uploaded, you could keep the file online without having to constantly update the download link due to copyright infringement.

Best part, the only thing on the website itself would be the ascii codes and nothing else that the companies could stake a claim to.

We would very quickly become the number one "new-torrent" client (because it's convenient as F*** not to have to constantly update download links).

Anyone who actually reads and gives this some thought will know that this idea has huge potential.
icefilms makes about 3K a day from advertising alone... if someone builds this site they could really reap the benefits.

This is a call to arms for those who support Sia and its' future, if you possess website building skills, you should totally jump on this... (and maybe give me some credit too  Grin).

Tips are greatly appreciated!

-Bitcoin
1GEyyNPQhHsim9Sr4z6wNSJciD5w7iXTmK
-Sia
f3d6b70c2bc5aab6015055bca840473ae0ddf4bb4dcdcb9fd936d8213406c395

EDIT: If someone seriously pursues this, I would very much like to help and be a part of it in anyway I can. I believe in Sia.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 12:46:29 AM

Is there a way to know how many wallets are actually connected to the network at any given time? I know we can see host available.

What I am wondering is, are the all wallets that may be in use now and for uploading, limited to just us handful of supporters and enthusiast on this thread?

Do we need to get the word out more and make it get broader use at this version level/beta. or better to make a push after next release..  Grin

I plan on recommending it more once the version is out with Checksums and some of the proposed UI improvements. (Bump: I still would like to see it go back to SIA instead of KS as the base denomination).
TerraMaster

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 02:45:13 AM

I plan on recommending it more once the version is out with Checksums and some of the proposed UI improvements. (Bump: I still would like to see it go back to SIA instead of KS as the base denomination).
Cool, and as far as KS vs. SC, is the main purpose to consolidate the length of the coin balance, or because of the massive block payouts it would be more easier to talk in terms of KS instead? not real sure . I guess I am ok, either way. However when I am selling coins I had to stop and think twice before hitting send" 1.1 KS = 1100 SC lol,  so IDK Smiley

For a new user it could be a bit of a mind blower to differentiate and make a mistake I suppose.

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: