Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:09:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382129 times)
pufuletz

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 12:40:40 PM

Why buy siacoin? Isnt siafund much more interesting?

Yes, could someone explain - in noob terms - what the difference is.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 03:35:40 PM

Sia is used to pay for storage. SiaFunds are like dividend stocks in Sia, whereas every time someone spends Sia for storage, a percentage of that transaction goes to SiaFund holders (3.9% to be exact) So if there are eventually millions of transactions on the network, Sia holders will collect a significant amount of Sia. Nebulus (the company that develops Sia) is the largest holder of SiaFunds and it's their main method to make money from the Sia ecosystem
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 03:58:29 PM

Sia is used to pay for storage. SiaFunds are like dividend stocks in Sia, whereas every time someone spends Sia for storage, a percentage of that transaction goes to SiaFund holders (3.9% to be exact) So if there are eventually millions of transactions on the network, Sia holders will collect a significant amount of Sia. Nebulus (the company that develops Sia) is the largest holder of SiaFunds and it's their main method to make money from the Sia ecosystem
I haven't heard how this sia ecosystem works before, thanks for clearing doubt about sia and siafunds. So basically comapany only earn for the real uses of coin rather than selling all their sia holding, which sound better than dev coming and dumping their coins in market for some money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
CloudzEye

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 07:18:46 PM

Ok the wallet is really unstable here. Apparently I am stupid enough to not notice it until a month later. I transferred a total of 256K SC separately to my wallet because I become really paranoid when it comes to transferring fund. The wallet then decided to deduct the highest amount from my wallet for no reason at all. (see pic)
http://imgur.com/CkUSRUr
Now my wallet only has 131K left. Fine, it is more than a month ago, who knows what might happened, I will let it go. But then another problem. Not sure if it a bug or the dev is aware of it. Apparently the addresses don't sync with the wallet. Here is a heck long story please bear with me. I decided to try to host the storage just for the fun of it. I have spare VPS laying around so I thought maybe to host it there so I don't have to have my computer on all the time. Since it needs initial fund to start the host so I decided to reuse the same wallet instead of create another one on the VPS. Ultimately the VPS becomes my primary use of SC. I created multiple addresses there to transfer fund in and out including the fund I mined with 10 GPUs for about a month. Fast forward to this month. I decided again to move the SC back to my main machine for no apparent reason. After getting Sia back on my main machine I found out that the wallet file I backup prior the VPS doesn't sync with the latest transaction and history I had on the VPS even though they are the same wallet. I still got some of my fund left, but those are the funds before the VPS and the wallet addresses are way less than I had. I had almost 2 pages of addresses on my VPS but this only got a little bit less than 1 page. Of course, I am actually stupid enough to cancel the VPS before trying things out first. So, now, there is no way for me to recover the wallet file on the VPS since it is practically deleted and I have more than 400K SC on it. Btw, that is also when I notice the deduction from the polo transaction. Of course, I won't bring it here without testing it. I have another earlier version of the wallet file laying around. I tested that and proved my point. Exact same wallet but less than 100K SC on it with much less wallet addresses attach to it, just half a page. So, I am looking at the same wallet file with 3 different versions, 1 with less than 100K SC, 1 with 131K SC, and another one with more than 400K SC that I lost. I really appreciate if anyone could help here but I don't really looking forward for it. Maybe this would teach someone a lesson here  Cry

Please note that I am not dumb, I didn't replace anything with anything. I have only 1 wallet file all along so there is no way I could have replaced that. Besides, I got it encrypted and stored it in my cold storage. I figure this is more or less my mistake for not making sure things so I am not blaming anyone but myself (except for the first part where the 126422.1724 SC got deducted for no reason)
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 09:39:07 PM

I haven't heard how this sia ecosystem works before, thanks for clearing doubt about sia and siafunds. So basically comapany only earn for the real uses of coin rather than selling all their sia holding, which sound better than dev coming and dumping their coins in market for some money.

Yeah, unless they are mining they aren't earning any Sia at the moment, there wasn't a premine or anything.
laugh2btc

Activity: 531
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 10:16:58 PM

When will Sia be ready? I mean something like a final version for everybody and his mother?
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 02:59:31 PM

hey guys! is there an webwallet or an mac wallet?

Thanks!
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 11:15:17 PM

Ok the wallet is really unstable here. Apparently I am stupid enough to not notice it until a month later. I transferred a total of 256K SC separately to my wallet because I become really paranoid when it comes to transferring fund. The wallet then decided to deduct the highest amount from my wallet for no reason at all. (see pic)

Now my wallet only has 131K left. Fine, it is more than a month ago, who knows what might happened, I will let it go. But then another problem. Not sure if it a bug or the dev is aware of it. Apparently the addresses don't sync with the wallet. Here is a heck long story please bear with me. I decided to try to host the storage just for the fun of it. I have spare VPS laying around so I thought maybe to host it there so I don't have to have my computer on all the time. Since it needs initial fund to start the host so I decided to reuse the same wallet instead of create another one on the VPS. Ultimately the VPS becomes my primary use of SC. I created multiple addresses there to transfer fund in and out including the fund I mined with 10 GPUs for about a month. Fast forward to this month. I decided again to move the SC back to my main machine for no apparent reason. After getting Sia back on my main machine I found out that the wallet file I backup prior the VPS doesn't sync with the latest transaction and history I had on the VPS even though they are the same wallet. I still got some of my fund left, but those are the funds before the VPS and the wallet addresses are way less than I had. I had almost 2 pages of addresses on my VPS but this only got a little bit less than 1 page. Of course, I am actually stupid enough to cancel the VPS before trying things out first. So, now, there is no way for me to recover the wallet file on the VPS since it is practically deleted and I have more than 400K SC on it. Btw, that is also when I notice the deduction from the polo transaction. Of course, I won't bring it here without testing it. I have another earlier version of the wallet file laying around. I tested that and proved my point. Exact same wallet but less than 100K SC on it with much less wallet addresses attach to it, just half a page. So, I am looking at the same wallet file with 3 different versions, 1 with less than 100K SC, 1 with 131K SC, and another one with more than 400K SC that I lost. I really appreciate if anyone could help here but I don't really looking forward for it. Maybe this would teach someone a lesson here  Cry

Please note that I am not dumb, I didn't replace anything with anything. I have only 1 wallet file all along so there is no way I could have replaced that. Besides, I got it encrypted and stored it in my cold storage. I figure this is more or less my mistake for not making sure things so I am not blaming anyone but myself (except for the first part where the 126422.1724 SC got deducted for no reason)

https://forum.sia.tech/topic/370/august-2016-update-roadmap

At least the Dev is honest about "there were many significant bugs" (that people are noticing)...
So they have spent the last month building a proper testing framework to wring out bugs...
And the next release looks to be early October based on this timeline.
CloudzEye

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 11:55:34 AM

http://imgur.com/CkUSRUr
Now my wallet only has 131K left. Fine, it is more than a month ago, who knows what might happened, I will let it go. But then another problem. Not sure if it a bug or the dev is aware of it. Apparently the addresses don't sync with the wallet. Here is a heck long story please bear with me. I decided to try to host the storage just for the fun of it. I have spare VPS laying around so I thought maybe to host it there so I don't have to have my computer on all the time. Since it needs initial fund to start the host so I decided to reuse the same wallet instead of create another one on the VPS. Ultimately the VPS becomes my primary use of SC. I created multiple addresses there to transfer fund in and out including the fund I mined with 10 GPUs for about a month. Fast forward to this month. I decided again to move the SC back to my main machine for no apparent reason. After getting Sia back on my main machine I found out that the wallet file I backup prior the VPS doesn't sync with the latest transaction and history I had on the VPS even though they are the same wallet. I still got some of my fund left, but those are the funds before the VPS and the wallet addresses are way less than I had. I had almost 2 pages of addresses on my VPS but this only got a little bit less than 1 page. Of course, I am actually stupid enough to cancel the VPS before trying things out first. So, now, there is no way for me to recover the wallet file on the VPS since it is practically deleted and I have more than 400K SC on it. Btw, that is also when I notice the deduction from the polo transaction. Of course, I won't bring it here without testing it. I have another earlier version of the wallet file laying around. I tested that and proved my point. Exact same wallet but less than 100K SC on it with much less wallet addresses attach to it, just half a page. So, I am looking at the same wallet file with 3 different versions, 1 with less than 100K SC, 1 with 131K SC, and another one with more than 400K SC that I lost. I really appreciate if anyone could help here but I don't really looking forward for it. Maybe this would teach someone a lesson here  Cry

https://forum.sia.tech/topic/370/august-2016-update-roadmap

At least the Dev is honest about "there were many significant bugs" (that people are noticing)...
So they have spent the last month building a proper testing framework to wring out bugs...
And the next release looks to be early October based on this timeline.

Yeah, the dev is definitely doing their work. I haven't lose hope on Sia though, just put some of my miners back into mining SC and this time I will leave some SC on exchange and some on the mining pool. Just so that I don't lose as much if something happen.
runiwani

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:41:35 AM

Want to buy more Sia in 70 range Wink
i'm still remember when this coin price is still 20 satoshi. i'm not bought them. and it is really really hurt  Angry

Golftech

Activity: 2114
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:45:08 AM

i'm still remember when this coin price is still 20 satoshi. i'm not bought them. and it is really really hurt  Angry
its already rallying up buds we can no longer got that back but we can still make some good timing as the price keeps on fluctuating bet 75-200 sat just make a good entry and wait for a while.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:23:15 PM

Please vote on supporting 2FA wallet services.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1621467.msg16300175#msg16300175
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 10:03:47 PM

And someday you'll be remembering when it was going for 80 satohis as well... buy it before it's too late!   This coin is definitely going to be going to 320 satoshis not too long from now, probably by at least the end of the year.   Probably at least double sometime in October with all these new changes coming soon.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
FreshFund

Activity: 117

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 07:10:36 AM

Looking to buy a Sia Fund for 1 BTC

NEM:NDMFCC-HHUNIX-M3SHZY-YNM5VK-BYZ6ZU-FVQXHB-H6GB
pufuletz

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 07:36:33 PM

where can one buy siafunds?
So siafunds aren't effected by miner dumps?
durerus

Activity: 321
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 07:58:06 PM

where can one buy siafunds?
So siafunds aren't effected by miner dumps?
All Siafunds are already created. They are not mined and not inflationary. The company behind Sia holds 90% of them. You can only buy them OTC by now. But adding them to Polo is planned, probably with next release.
truerue

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:02:29 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2016, 04:52:59 PM by truerue

Does 'Buy Storage' in wallet actually means rent storage? If so, how long is standart rental duration, and will it be automatically renewed?
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 11:24:04 PM

Just opened up an old wallet and I noticed my balance is wrong.  I did try to contract out some storage a couple months ago, and now I see some negative transactions for coins I don't remember moving.  they are still at their destination address, but I don't see them in my wallet.  How's this possible?  Could they have went to an address I don't control?  What can i do?  I also have a .seed file, is there anything there? 

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
pufuletz

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 08:41:07 AM

zzzzz....
madmario

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 09:04:16 PM

Should i invest more in coin which main focus atm is info graphic....
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: