Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:11:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382129 times)
DragonETH

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

https://www.projecton.pro/

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:10:46 AM

Hi guys! Zach here, I'm VP of Ops for Sia. We don't spend too much time on bitcointalk, since most of the discussion takes place in our Discord or subreddit. But I'll try to monitor bitcointalk closely for the next day or so, and answer any question that you may have.
we need the usual attention to the news if there are specific topics for discussion, and stakeholders of the company for feedback they can get from the community here..

░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             
          ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░         
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
  ░▓▓▓▓░░░  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░  ░░░▓▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓██████████████▒░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░  ░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░░░░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░████████████▓░░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░▓████░░░░░░░      ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▒███████▓▓░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓█████████░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▓▒░░                     ░░▒▓▓▓░ 
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░      
          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░        
             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
                                                      PROJECTON

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
Customer relationship management using Blockchain
▬▬▬▬Whitepaper ♦ Whitelist  ▬▬▬▬
BUY XN35

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
░░░░░SOCIAL MEDIA░░░░░
TwitterTelegram Facebook 
Reddit  Medium  ➤  Bitcointalk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hakkane

Activity: 422
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:00:27 PM

Hi guys! Zach here, I'm VP of Ops for Sia. We don't spend too much time on bitcointalk, since most of the discussion takes place in our Discord or subreddit. But I'll try to monitor bitcointalk closely for the next day or so, and answer any question that you may have.
How do we know you are who you are caliming to be? Anybody from the Sia community vouch for you? Sorry bitcointalk has lot of scammers under different names.
I can confirm he is the real Zherbert. I made a comment on Discord about his message here (we have a BTCtalk feed) and he answered he wants to say hello here Cool
zherbert

Activity: 62
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:40:26 PM

Hi guys, it is me! https://twitter.com/zachherbert/status/913034849216339969

Any news about last bounty, is it going well?

The bounty for Duplicati is going really well. It's complete, and has been tested. We will be announcing shortly and paying out the reward. Duplicati has already merged it into their upstream code.

Bounty for Minio (https://blog.sia.tech/introducing-s3-style-file-sharing-for-sia-through-the-new-minio-integration-bb880af2366a) is functioning, but the submitter is working through some final requirements in order to merge into their upstream code.
Branko

Activity: 2450
Merit: 318

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:04:02 PM

Hi guys, it is me! https://twitter.com/zachherbert/status/913034849216339969

Any news about last bounty, is it going well?

The bounty for Duplicati is going really well. It's complete, and has been tested. We will be announcing shortly and paying out the reward. Duplicati has already merged it into their upstream code.

Bounty for Minio (https://blog.sia.tech/introducing-s3-style-file-sharing-for-sia-through-the-new-minio-integration-bb880af2366a) is functioning, but the submitter is working through some final requirements in order to merge into their upstream code.

Great news...I better go buy some SIA while its still cheap Smiley

I have question about Obelisk...where from will buyers in EU get their ASICs from?
Because if its sent outside of EU, we have to pay lots of customs and taxes
zherbert

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:51:36 PM

Great news...I better go buy some SIA while its still cheap Smiley

I have question about Obelisk...where from will buyers in EU get their ASICs from?
Because if its sent outside of EU, we have to pay lots of customs and taxes

Great question! We are still figuring out the situation for EU customers. We honestly won't know until closer to ship date.

Also, Duplicati integration post is live! https://blog.sia.tech/introducing-full-computer-backup-with-sia-through-the-new-duplicati-integration-62dd17cbcfb7
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:15:10 PM

The amount of supply is too much, better to wait at the bottom until the time of purchase arrives.

Can you enlighten us when the supply will not be too much, even reduced by some amount perhaps? Any exact date, maybe?
Some arguments are just hillarious. Supply grows.

According to https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/siacoin/#markets Yunbi left the building. In a hurry, to my observation. Even BTCe seems to be more resilient.
Dr Charles
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 11:40:45 PM

The amount of supply is too much, better to wait at the bottom until the time of purchase arrives.

Can you enlighten us when the supply will not be too much, even reduced by some amount perhaps? Any exact date, maybe?

According to https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/siacoin/#markets Yunbi left the building. In a hurry, to my observation. Even BTCe seems to be more resilient.

The supply will not be going down lol circulating supply will be increasing everyday. The goal is to have a cost effective way to securely store and access information on the SIA network at a cost efficient rate.... That wont be happening with a very costly SIA coin price. SIA has great development and has big plans for the future but it doesnt make sense for the coin price, individually, to be high. If you want a solid long term investment... SIA is a great choice and that is why I am holding several million coins but dont expect major price swings unless it is due to intermittent pumps.

Desancabulada

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:15:57 AM

New article on Steemit!

https://steemit.com/siacoin/@thefpegroupltd/siacoin-and-the-myth-of-token-holder-value-siacoin
bgblevins

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:05:00 AM

The supply will not be going down lol circulating supply will be increasing everyday. The goal is to have a cost effective way to securely store and access information on the SIA network at a cost efficient rate.... That wont be happening with a very costly SIA coin price. SIA has great development and has big plans for the future but it doesnt make sense for the coin price, individually, to be high. If you want a solid long term investment... SIA is a great choice and that is why I am holding several million coins but dont expect major price swings unless it is due to intermittent pumps.

I've only ben in Crypto's for a few months and I've been reading and investing little here and there. I have some Sia coins. I have a question. If I understand correctly the objective is to possibly keep Sia affordable then is there something other than the "coin" itself I should look into investing witch is more profitable? I mean I believe in the project so I want to invest a little bit into it. At the same time if and when Sia takes off Do I want to be holding "Coins" or something else? Not sure if I'm explaining what I mean correctly?
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:22:59 AM

I've only ben in Crypto's for a few months and I've been reading and investing little here and there. I have some Sia coins. I have a question. If I understand correctly the objective is to possibly keep Sia affordable then is there something other than the "coin" itself I should look into investing witch is more profitable? I mean I believe in the project so I want to invest a little bit into it. At the same time if and when Sia takes off Do I want to be holding "Coins" or something else? Not sure if I'm explaining what I mean correctly?

Yes, you can buy a Siafund. I still think the tokens will gradually rise in price over time as the ecosystem grows. They rose too fast in the spring.
bgblevins

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:06:31 PM

Yes, you can buy a Siafund. I still think the tokens will gradually rise in price over time as the ecosystem grows. They rose too fast in the spring.

Thank you for the info. I checked it out and noticed that the price for 1 Siafund is around 3BTC I think I will stick with Siacoins lol. But I wanted to at least thank you for the info.
zherbert

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:07:29 PM

It's not our intention to keep Siacoin "affordable." We at Sia have no control over the Siacoin price, and hold less than 1% of all Siacoin in circulation. (Though we do hold the majority of Siafunds.)

As the price of Siacoin rises or falls, hosts adjust their prices. Obviously a more stable Siacoin price makes things easier for hosts and renters. But as the Siacoin price rises, hosts will decrease their storage prices in terms of Siacoin. (The opposite holds true if the Siacoin price falls).

Siacoin, unlike Bitcoin, is not a store of value – it is a utility coin. And inflation will decrease over time. https://siastats.info/supply_inflation.html. If Sia grows faster than its inflation, the price of the coin would likely increase.
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:52:11 PM

It's not our intention to keep Siacoin "affordable." We at Sia have no control over the Siacoin price, and hold less than 1% of all Siacoin in circulation. (Though we do hold the majority of Siafunds.)

As the price of Siacoin rises or falls, hosts adjust their prices. Obviously a more stable Siacoin price makes things easier for hosts and renters. But as the Siacoin price rises, hosts will decrease their storage prices in terms of Siacoin. (The opposite holds true if the Siacoin price falls).

Siacoin, unlike Bitcoin, is not a store of value – it is a utility coin. And inflation will decrease over time. https://siastats.info/supply_inflation.html. If Sia grows faster than its inflation, the price of the coin would likely increase.

True, and all people waiting for that. Have you any information about the growth of Sia. I see some partnershop with other coins and it could be great. But why not go to all companies who need storage?

Anryze have a partnership with you, is that?

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
zherbert

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:51:32 PM

True, and all people waiting for that. Have you any information about the growth of Sia. I see some partnershop with other coins and it could be great. But why not go to all companies who need storage?

Anryze have a partnership with you, is that?

We'll aggressively approach companies when ready. Software is about 2-3 months out before we can pursue production cold-storage rollouts. Then we will move to warm storage, and then hot storage.

For growth/stats and updates, see https://siahub.info (or https://siastats.info) and https://blog.sia.tech
syclone

Activity: 755
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:53:10 PM

It feels like SIA has found it's floor above 100 sats and will go sideways for a bit until the next bull cycle which will probably be accompanied by some news and announcements.
Hakkane

Activity: 422
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:11:25 PM

Any news from minebox? Theay said it will be delivered for beta testers in september but i ve got nothing so far  Undecided

Looks like shipping is about to be started or even it just started already: https://www.reddit.com/r/MineboxOS/comments/72zrta/welcome_to_mineboxos/

This is a picture of their warehouse: https://twitter.com/mineboxHQ/status/913357304631894016

Grin
TheMuppet

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:14:03 PM

This is currently my worse loss.  Bought close to the peak.

I think FILEcoin destroyed it.

But there's still some good long term potential in SIA.

Amazon is making 10 billion a year from just their S3 servers.  I'm a client and it costs me a fortune.

If SIA can create FAST, CHEAP cloud servers, it will be a win.

But I'm not that confident.  This space will be crowded for sure.  We've got Storj, etc...

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
minerbro

Activity: 415
Merit: 287

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:16:28 PM

i want to acquire some sia, but before i do that i need fully synced wallet, does anyone knows how much bandwidth will be required and how long will it take for client to fully sync?
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:16:51 PM

Introducing full-computer backup with Sia through the new Duplicati integration

https://blog.sia.tech/introducing-full-computer-backup-with-sia-through-the-new-duplicati-integration-62dd17cbcfb7
Desancabulada

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:35:17 PM

Win 100$ USD worth of Siacoin!

https://steemit.com/siacoin/@thefpegroupltd/sweepstake-win-100usd-in-siacoin
Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: