Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:16:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382129 times)
ricardovaldossa

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:40:38 PM

what is the major upconing news in Sia?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meyer

Activity: 523
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:26:00 PM

THX for your helpful response :-)

I sounds like the last problem you mentioned coulb be the reason. I installed SIA at a new computer and wanted to import the seed maybee there was another wallet created before automatically? How to delete this?

THX

No problem! :-)

The best way probably is going to be deleting the current wallet. Go to the Terminal tab and type "wallet init-seed --force". It will ask you for your seed, and after scanning the blockchain for some minutes (or even one hour or so) it will be done and the client will be associated with that old seed.

It is better to have the client fully sync before doing this

looks good it is scanning now ... thx

everything is fine now....Thank you very much :-)

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
EUROPECOIN ERC  BITTREX  BLEUTRADE  EUROPECOIN WEB  TWITTER  QUICKFACTS  CLOUDSTAKING  NSA
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

MR,bon

Activity: 78

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:58:53 PM

your life is tortured to buy siacoin, the information given by Hakkane is the biggest lie can not be trusted.
Hakkane

Activity: 422
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:26:23 PM

Just wanted to share with you guys the new addition I made to SiaStats: live, analytical and interactive maps of Sia network hosts and storage distribution. You can check for instance which countries are hosting more data or which ones have more storage space available: https://siastats.info/hosts_map.html  Wink

ibatcakes

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:49:57 AM

Just wanted to share with you guys the new addition I made to SiaStats: live, analytical and interactive maps of Sia network hosts and storage distribution. You can check for instance which countries are hosting more data or which ones have more storage space available: https://siastats.info/hosts_map.html  Wink

Damn! that's really nice! thank you for the your work
Branko

Activity: 2450
Merit: 318

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:56:15 AM

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/SCBTC/0lW5NvNu-Siacoin-Buy-Opportunity/
bluehalk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:57:46 AM

Never looked at Sia coin before, just did.

Being the IT engineer working on Storage and backend infrastructure, I know that today we do not have true cloud computing. Amazon, Microsoft, and others are providing "cloud" solution, which really is a hosted environment that allows you to access from internet. Instead of you managing said hardware you are paying someone else to manage, that's it. These environment simply allows you to access said infrastructure via internet which is hosted traditionally on one location/device (users pay more redundancy and availability but still it is not a cloud) and is simply hosted environment, there is not even a guarantee that the data is safe or backed up or can be recovered.

These guys at Sia have truly created cloud storage.

This by no means to say that Sia coin as a crypto will succeed or not, but simply stating that sia did create a true cloud storage.

File once on cloud stays on cloud. It does not disappear and can be accessed from anywhere.
ibatcakes

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:44:24 PM

Being the IT engineer working on Storage and backend infrastructure, I know that today we do not have true cloud computing. Amazon, Microsoft, and others are providing "cloud" solution, which really is a hosted environment that allows you to access from internet. Instead of you managing said hardware you are paying someone else to manage, that's it. These environment simply allows you to access said infrastructure via internet which is hosted traditionally on one location/device (users pay more redundancy and availability but still it is not a cloud) and is simply hosted environment, there is not even a guarantee that the data is safe or backed up or can be recovered.

This by no means to say that Sia coin as a crypto will succeed or not, but simply stating that sia did create a true cloud storage.

File once on cloud stays on cloud. It does not disappear and can be accessed from anywhere.

Don't really care about "today" I only care about the future Smiley
Jree247

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:36:11 PM

Hopefully the team are able to stay ahead of the competition.
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:14:50 PM

That is why I believe in this project and that it will be successful!
At the moment the price is very low, but it's just a good time for shoping Wink
I'm sure people will sooner or later understand how unique this project is and then everyone who has been patient and hold coins will be rewarded!

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
metallicelmo

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:49:42 PM

Any new developments regarding SIA and maybe a new Windows wallet? The old one could use an update, maybe more simple?
mycotoxin

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:30:03 PM

This SIA  app needs a lot of work . Ive downloaded it added some SIA , I bought some storage and now how the hell do I upload files?  I get a message saying "you need to buy storage or wait for contracts to form". How is anyone supposed to understand this cryptic message . This non-user friendliness is whats  a painful about using SIA .

How are normal users supposed to figure this usage out ? C'mon SIA at least add a Help section in the App ...or a YouTube link ,anything ..
not everyone wants  to spend hours trawling the web for answers on what these cryptic messages mean.
mycotoxin

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:02:08 AM

Does one need to close and reopen the SIA app after adding coins  to the wallet ? Or does  the APP update by itself ?
Hakkane

Activity: 422
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:24:12 AM

Any new developments regarding SIA and maybe a new Windows wallet? The old one could use an update, maybe more simple?

A UI overhaul is currently being worked on. Most probably it will be ready in the 1.3.1 update (December)

Does one need to close and reopen the SIA app after adding coins  to the wallet ? Or does  the APP update by itself ?

No, the balance will update automatically. If you made a transfer and it is not on your balance yet it could be due to delays on the side of the exchange (if that is the case) or because your client is not yet synchronized with the network. Let us know if you have problems.

This SIA  app needs a lot of work . Ive downloaded it added some SIA , I bought some storage and now how the hell do I upload files?  I get a message saying "you need to buy storage or wait for contracts to form". How is anyone supposed to understand this cryptic message . This non-user friendliness is whats  a painful about using SIA .

How are normal users supposed to figure this usage out ? C'mon SIA at least add a Help section in the App ...or a YouTube link ,anything ..
not everyone wants  to spend hours trawling the web for answers on what these cryptic messages mean.

You need first to make an allowance (click on the "make allowance" button of the UI) and then wait until your client makes contracts with 50 hosts (it will take one hour or less). If you need more details about using the UI for renting, check out this article of the Wiki: https://siawiki.tech/renter/using_the_ui_for_renting . The wiki is actually linked on the website, as well as an official guide (shorter than the Wiki one)on the FAQ. More clarity on the process is part of the UI overhaul I mentioned before.

Take in mind "normal" users are not expected to use the client in the endgame of Sia. While final users could use the Sia client, Sia is meant to be an enterprise-level solution. Enterprises have IT departments that don't even touch a UI for almost any task, just command lines.

Sia is also meant to be used by storage providing services (like Dropbox-like companies) as their storage backend. This means final users will not touch directly the Sia network, but instead use the app of each company, and don't even need to buy Siacoins to purchase storage: they'll pay in fiat and the apps will do everything behind the scenes.
mycotoxin

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:24:44 AM

A UI overhaul is currently being worked on. Most probably it will be ready in the 1.3.1 update (December)

No, the balance will update automatically. If you made a transfer and it is not on your balance yet it could be due to delays on the side of the exchange (if that is the case) or because your client is not yet synchronized with the network. Let us know if you have problems.

You need first to make an allowance (click on the "make allowance" button of the UI) and then wait until your client makes contracts with 50 hosts (it will take one hour or less). If you need more details about using the UI for renting, check out this article of the Wiki: https://siawiki.tech/renter/using_the_ui_for_renting . The wiki is actually linked on the website, as well as an official guide (shorter than the Wiki one)on the FAQ. More clarity on the process is part of the UI overhaul I mentioned before.

Take in mind "normal" users are not expected to use the client in the endgame of Sia. While final users could use the Sia client, Sia is meant to be an enterprise-level solution. Enterprises have IT departments that don't even touch a UI for almost any task, just command lines.

Sia is also meant to be used by storage providing services (like Dropbox-like companies) as their storage backend. This means final users will not touch directly the Sia network, but instead use the app of each company, and don't even need to buy Siacoins to purchase storage: they'll pay in fiat and the apps will do everything behind the scenes.

Thanks Hakkane .this needs to on the help section on the app, id rather not have to chase around the web for answers if it can easily be added to an app.. Cmon SIA help us out here .

>> why is this not on the app ?

"You need first to make an allowance (click on the "make allowance" button of the UI) and then wait until your client makes contracts with 50 hosts (it will take one hour or less). If you need more details about using the UI for renting, check out this article of the Wiki: https://siawiki.tech/renter/using_the_ui_for_renting "
petmalulodi

Activity: 163

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:28:19 AM

What is the capacity of this storage?
mycotoxin

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:33:09 AM

Thanks Hakkane .this needs to on the help section on the app, id rather not have to chase around the web for answers if it can easily be added to an app.. Cmon SIA help us out here .

>> why is this not on the app ?

"You need first to make an allowance (click on the "make allowance" button of the UI) and then wait until your client makes contracts with 50 hosts (it will take one hour or less). If you need more details about using the UI for renting, check out this article of the Wiki: https://siawiki.tech/renter/using_the_ui_for_renting "

>>
"Take in mind "normal" users are not expected to use the client in the endgame of Sia. While final users could use the Sia client, Sia is meant to be an enterprise-level solution"
>>

Why limit the market if regular users can benefit from the app ? Im a regular  user who thinks  SIA can be useful. Id like to see if I can archive several VMware images on the SIA network.  I can see users archiving their MP3s collection on the SIA web etc . Looks like it has potential for this use case , but how about a help section  ?
bluehalk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:38:23 AM

What is the capacity of this storage?

Check the current capacity (3.1PT)
https://siahub.info/

This can grow as more people will rent out their storage.
mycotoxin

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:15:38 AM

Hakkane

Ive noticed that after a few hours  the SIA app remains stuck on syncying at 98%. It did  complete a day ago and then  I  added some  new SIA funds to the wallet. I   noticed it was stuck syncing a few hours later so I quit the app and restarted the machine.  After  the reboot and a few hours later the wallet is  still stuck at 98% syncing,  Is there something I'm missing ?

BTW thanks for this link : https://siawiki.tech/renter/using_the_ui_for_renting .
mycotoxin

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:45:26 AM

Hakkane

Ive noticed that after a few hours  the SIA app remains stuck on syncying at 98%. It did  complete a day ago and then  I  added some  new SIA funds to the wallet. I   noticed it was stuck syncing a few hours later so I quit the app and restarted the machine.  After  the reboot and a few hours later the wallet is  still stuck at 98% syncing,  Is there something I'm missing ?

BTW thanks for this link : https://siawiki.tech/renter/using_the_ui_for_renting .

Good news my SIA wallet now shows the updated balance . It just took a few hours; however the wallet still shows 98% syncing.
Maybe this is the norm and it takes several hours to get past 98%. Ill give it a day or two and see what happens . 
Pages: « 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: