Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:07:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382129 times)
Waitingforlightning

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Securix: Next Generation Crypto Mining

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:16:08 PM

Finally I can see this new bottom from the chart, it's time for SC to recover old satoshi's price. I'm back in with my sc bag.
I hope Sia will start recovering well since today, too.
bottoms have been almost found, we have been somewhere around the year's bottoms.
Time to start bouncing back and recover gradually.

I ask myself why would it grow? What has fundamentally changed about this project that investors would pour more capital into this project? Seems to me its quite dead, but please prove me wrong

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BtcMan2009

Activity: 1022
Merit: 340

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:15:39 PM

bottoms have been almost found, we have been somewhere around the year's bottoms.
That today very much and began to lower the price. And it's still possible a new update of the bottom. Although the course is clear and the desire of people who bought the coins they most want the top.
nhathongkehoc

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:13:30 AM

That today very much and began to lower the price. And it's still possible a new update of the bottom. Although the course is clear and the desire of people who bought the coins they most want the top.
One of the most breaking achievements of Sia project is being traded on Poloniex exchange with fiat trading pair.
It is one of early signal on the recognition of crypto exchanges on the big intrinsic value of Siacoin.
I believe Sia can change the storage industry with their top-notch services.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:36:26 AM

SIACOIN to da mooooooon @ 92 satoshi !! :-D weeeeeee

===>

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_sc

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Simss

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:35:41 AM

From this moment on, noone will look for news. There are many fundamental reasons why all alt coins will rally. More importantly, sia has a solid product, great value proposition, utility based coin, extremely under-priced....easily 20-40-60 cents.
murgorx

Activity: 443
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:51:39 AM

From this moment on, noone will look for news. There are many fundamental reasons why all alt coins will rally. More importantly, sia has a solid product, great value proposition, utility based coin, extremely under-priced....easily 20-40-60 cents.

Easily 20 cents? That means that SIA should have bigger market cap than the #4 - Bitcoin Cash cryptocurrency Cheesy Do you even know how to calculate potential growth or you are just talking out of your ...? Don't even wanna mention the "easy" 60 cents price for this coin lmao Cheesy For this coin to cost even 2.5 cents, the market cap should be more than ADAs MC, which I dont think we would see at any point in the near future. Stop talking BS and luring people with false hopes.
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:46:10 PM

Easily 20 cents? That means that SIA should have bigger market cap than the #4 - Bitcoin Cash cryptocurrency Cheesy Do you even know how to calculate potential growth or you are just talking out of your ...? Don't even wanna mention the "easy" 60 cents price for this coin lmao Cheesy For this coin to cost even 2.5 cents, the market cap should be more than ADAs MC, which I dont think we would see at any point in the near future. Stop talking BS and luring people with false hopes.

I don't know if this will happen someday but you are not taking into account the growth of the whole crypto market in general. It is quite obvious that if SC reaches 20 cents, the whole market would've recovered and a majority of the mainstream coins would've gone up in prices. So no, SC going to 20 cents doesn't mean its mcap will be more than BCH (or any other coin whose mcap is higher today), because there is a high chance its mcap will also go up. It doesn't make sense to compare the potential-growth mcap of a coin with the current mcap of another (unless you are sure this other won't go up/down anymore, which is impossible).

gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:40:12 PM

Sia is a digital cloud storage space. It creates a decentralized online cloud storage for users, who can rent out their unused digital space for a certain fee, which is paid in the Siacoin cryptocurrency - the SC token.

As compared to other cloud storage services, Sia offers storage at a much cheaper rate.

Current, Siacoin price is $0.005 and Siacoin keeps on increasing in its price that can be viewed on the siacoin price chart.

So the cloud is working just dandy for siatech? they are making money? or is still just based on hype?

I'd like to see some notice on how the cloud storage is going and competing against Amazon cloud...I hear zip...

also, bitmain just released a decred miner for 637 usd at 7.8th and 1410 watts that is shipping THIS WEEK

so the angle of their decred miners are deader than dead

again, IMHO, the only way siatech can make money is 1) if they get the cloud vision up and working and an option to amazon cloud as decentralized

and anonymous, as they state

2) fork to a COMPLETELY new coin for the network..the siatech folk always said siacoin price did not matter because it is speculation

than that new coin MAY get some value back...again, if they make the cloud vision work

how the cloud vision will work  with 10-15x the siacon in the world even with a working cloud solution at this point of time and their obelisk fork

is beyond me, I just don't see it

brad

(doorstop status on obelisk sc1's (5 of them, I was soooooo silly) from the date I got the 1st one is at : Day 26 as doorstops and counting

brad

SIACOIN exit pump? :-D lol

===>

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_sc

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
bgblevins

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:02:51 AM

zherbertLast Tuesday at 10:27 PM
For those that will inevitably be asking: we just submitted our listing application with Coinbase, as per their blog post https://blog.coinbase.com/new-asset-listing-process-a83ef296a0f3. Looking forward to hearing back from them.

This was posted on the Sia Discord Channel under #Announcements

this would be awesome!!!!!
KiruNarch

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:06:16 PM

I purchased cloud storage with SC, but... honestly, hopefully the price was really cheap (regarding other cloud storage services) because it was really complex, non intuitive and... well, let's be honest, I finally never used that space storage because when I finally was able to upload files, it turned my computer crazy when I tried to upload... I always had to restart my computer after a short time (info : but I'm able to play recent video games). My main goal was to test the functioning of Siacoin.

I'm supporting Siacoin since June 2016, and I really think it's one of the best project in the crypto field, but from a critical standpoint, it's not working properly for the moment. People don't want to spend time to understand how Siacoin works, to solve issues that they would encounter, without being sure that it'll work at the end and that even if it's 5x cheaper than Amazon S3 services.

Imo, I would say that it's important to still be aware that a lot of work is still needed for Siacoin to make a breakthrough. I invite you to try their cloud storage service for making your own judgment. It was still a great pleasure to finally see a project that is working, even if it was a little bit tough, and to experience it ! I hope it'll be easier and massively adopted in the future Smiley
YangZz

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 03:21:12 PM

Sia is definitely one of the best project out there  Smiley
NDLcrypt

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:02:44 PM

Finally I can see this new bottom from the chart, it's time for SC to recover old satoshi's price. I'm back in with my sc bag.

I ask myself why would it grow? What has fundamentally changed about this project that investors would pour more capital into this project? Seems to me its quite dead, but please prove me wrong
And why the price grew in December-January? Do not look for fundamental reasons, it's much easier)) This is all market speculation. Smiley

Hindafing

Activity: 178
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:33:48 PM

This project is still worth to keep an eye on, because the developement team i always good for a surprise. I think it cannot be wrong to have some Sia in your pockets. We will see what is coming next.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
KiruNarch

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 12:39:03 PM

The project isn't dead, in fact the product isn't even really finished. There are many possibilities of improvement, and that's why it could grow. Moreover, the public doesn't know well Siacoin, it's still an unknown cryptocurrency (except for the people that are in the crypto field). Therefore many businesses but also private consumers could be interested. After all, Bitcoin hasn't changed fundamentally since 2009, it's our world that has changed a lot.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:38:04 PM

Well, IMHO, IF they really did incorporate an ASIC hardware solution in their Siacoin Obelisk miners and the

Obelisk decred miners, I think they need to have that as an option in firmware for a new algo and coin

to take advantage of this. Ideally, that coin/token would be used to run the siacoin network and/or

allowing only Obelisk hardware to be the backbone from the get-go.

If not that, at least opening up this hardware to other algo options would be something.

Again, if that actually exists, as they state or it was just a 'false flag' attempt to slow Bitmain down

back in the day.

Likely, as much as the devs say the price of siacoin does not matter to their cloud storage project, the

probably are as heavily invested as everyone else. But again, IMHO, if they were ONLY a hardware

manufacturer, they would already have used that asic hardware option in firmware to try and develop

a different algo and encourage developers to use such on their coin

Anyway, decred miners are doomed, you'd think at least they would use such for the decred miner or at

least do what the innsilicon folk have done with their firmware to allow HCASH coin mining.

If nothing else, that seems to be a firmware fix the could do of note to make their obelisk decred

miner MAYBE float a bit longer, rather than sink. (not sure why I'm bothering got my 1 decred coming

for giving away my 5 1/2 off obelisk coupons back in the day...even that likely will not make over electric

use, by the time I get it..just saying) well, it looks dire....just my 2 satoshi's worth ..we will see I guess

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Branko

Activity: 2450
Merit: 318

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:35:42 PM

Well, IMHO, IF they really did incorporate an ASIC hardware solution in their Siacoin Obelisk miners and the

Obelisk decred miners, I think they need to have that as an option in firmware for a new algo and coin

to take advantage of this. Ideally, that coin/token would be used to run the siacoin network and/or

If not that, at least opening up this hardware to other algo options would be something.

Again, if that actually exists, as they state or it was just a 'false flag' attempt to slow Bitmain down

back in the day.

Likely, as much as the devs say the price of siacoin does not matter to their cloud storage project, the

probably are as heavily invested as everyone else. But again, IMHO, if they were ONLY a hardware

manufacturer, they would already have used that asic hardware option in firmware to try and develop

Anyway, decred miners are doomed, you'd think at least they would use such for the decred miner or at

least do what the innsilicon folk have done with their firmware to allow HCASH coin mining.

If nothing else, that seems to be a firmware fix the could do of note to make their obelisk decred

miner MAYBE float a bit longer, rather than sink. (not sure why I'm bothering got my 1 decred coming

for giving away my 5 1/2 off obelisk coupons back in the day...even that likely will not make over electric

use, by the time I get it..just saying) well, it looks dire....just my 2 satoshi's worth ..we will see I guess

https://blog.sia.tech/sia-proof-of-work-reset-24b5ec439625

Happy?

I know I am, if I won't have to read long rants anymore  Grin
looking0101

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:42:09 PM

sorry deleted my post am frustrated cause wallet no work on multiple tries on multople machines gonna forget about it and move on to better
Good Luck
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 04:41:52 AM

back in the day.

Happy?

I know I am, if I won't have to read long rants anymore  Grin

Sorry, small issues (kinda yet) Smiley

1) 10-15x of more siacoin that they expected is in the wind, when they thought they'd be the only blake2b

ASIC at this point in time,  much, much, more than they needed for the supposed

Sia-Tech anonymous and decentralized cloud storage network. That is to compete with Amazon Cloud

at 10c to the $1 Amazon Pricing. Still, deafening silence on that, not near complete enough to handle

the obelisk ASIC's IMHO, not to mention all that Siacoin,  in the world, mentioned above, in which price is

based on 'scarcity' and 'real world use' which they are nowhere near yet. These are still daunting tasks.

The other point is on Oct 31st, is it? When they fork you really, really, think that Bitmain and the others are

NOT gonna fork a 'Siacoin Classic'? Of course, they are, or their units are toasters. Not to mention in 3

months, by my guessing, that Bitmain will make a 'forked' coin ASIC, just because. (Bitmain: We are evil, it

is what we do!) (tm Bitmain)

It is a step in the right direction, but they have a lot of work to do yet, to keep Siacoin viable IMHO.

As usual, I really, really, hope I'm dead wrong...but don't count your chickens and all that yet, etc etc.

later

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
jameswell

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:03:11 AM

Happy?

I cannot find the final date for the hard fork, but finally the shoe drops.
I wish the team can then move forward after the ASIC thing coming to an end and focus on improving the Sia project itself.
There are more competing decentralized storage projects coming out, I think the Sia team needs to hurry up.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:31:53 AM

Happy?

I cannot find the final date for the hard fork, but finally the shoe drops.
I wish the team can then move forward after the ASIC thing coming to an end and focus on improving the Sia project itself.
There are more competing decentralized storage projects coming out, I think the Sia team needs to hurry up.

a buddy said the siacoin fork was Oct 31st, 2018 (Halloween) ...seems appropriate Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: