Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:17:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OrcaVPN | DDoS Protected VPN | Fast | Simple | Cheap  (Read 2697 times)
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 09:50:35 PM

Nice website!
I like the design. Where are the VPN servers located and do we get multiple access points? I see that you accept bitcoin, but I only see a paypal button upon order.
How can we trust you, because you are not a registered company?
You still didnt answer my question. The main thing customers want to know about vpns is where it is actually located. If we domt have that information why would we pay money for a vpn when there are tons of free ones outside too?
as a business man you should offer samples, your not going to be making business like this with that attitude

We already have hundreds of clients. Privacy is one of our top concerns, so releasing the IP address of a server that's on our clients network is not in our best interest.

You already have hundreds of clients in such a short timespan. Have you got any proof? Maybe the wallet you were receiving the funds from?
Actually, this is so suspicious...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OrcaTech (OP)

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:13:20 PM

Please obviate my need to make assumptions by answering the questions I asked. For your convenience I will post them again.

1. Are you based in the US?

"If they ask for client information, we have nothing to provide."
2. Please state your privacy policies(if any). How do you achieve this zero knowledge about your clients? Do you use access tokens or something similar?

3. What encryption do you provide to your clients while they are connected to your service?

An email address that can be traced back to a phone number(gmail etc require phone verification when you sign up for an account) seems to leak personal information but I will leave that discussion for another time.

1. We are based in the US, one of the only countries without mandatory data retention law.

2. We store the encrypted keys in a config file which is emailed to the customer's email address.

3. AES-256, the industry standard.

If you use a gmail that links back to your phone number, you likely have other blatant leaks. We can't babysit our clients, those who any sense of clue will know which email providers to use.
StanChan

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:59:15 AM

Thanks for answering some of the questions. Please post a link to your privacy or any other policies.
OrcaTech (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 03:49:45 AM

Thanks for answering some of the questions. Please post a link to your privacy or any other policies.

We don't have a privacy policy, because as stated earlier we simply don't have any logs of user info. That's like asking us what kind of policies do you have on my credit card data. Well you don't have my credit card data, so you don't need a privacy policy regarding it.
StanChan

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:55:22 AM

"We don't have a privacy policy, because as stated earlier we simply don't have any logs of user info"

What kind of company has no policies at all? Why should we give you our money when you behave as if you have no legal obligations to your clients? Do you have any terms of service or any "legal stuff" that you can show us?

Do you have a registered company? If so, could you please give us the name of your business entity.

What countries are your traffic gateways in?
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:23:38 AM

This is too fishy. The cheap price just makes it even more suspicious. I would definitely stay away from these guys because of all the information that they don't provide.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 08:08:31 AM

This is too fishy. The cheap price just makes it even more suspicious. I would definitely stay away from these guys because of all the information that they don't provide.

i think you can try it anyway at best you will lose 2 not a big deal i think, usually those service have a deal with double the price per month, so not too far away from this

too bad i don't need anymore those service or i would have tried it myself, for sure
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:19:57 AM

How long after 6 confirmations does it take to get directions/info to connect to the VPN?
btcton
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:21:05 AM

How long after 6 confirmations does it take to get directions/info to connect to the VPN?

It seems like you actually bought it. If you did, do tell us if you got what you paid for. It just seems to cheap to be true.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:04:20 AM

It seems like you actually bought it. If you did, do tell us if you got what you paid for. It just seems to cheap to be true.

I mean, spending $2 to try it didn't seem much of a risk. I will report back after trying it.
OrcaTech (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:12:25 AM

I can confirm that this is legit.

We have a few hundred clients now, we prove that our service is DDoS protected with http://orcahub.com

We are able to provide such low prices because we know more about networking than almost any other company and we know how to cut out the middleman.

Try to ddos your network with orcahub before and after connecting the VPN.

You will notice how protected the VPN is right away.
btcton
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:14:19 PM

We have a few hundred clients now, we prove that our service is DDoS protected with http://orcahub.com

We are able to provide such low prices because we know more about networking than almost any other company and we know how to cut out the middleman.

How come you don't have any TOS or privacy policy? Your contact email is also just a gmail account, which seems kind of fishy. Just trying to understand here. If this is legit, then that's great.

OrcaTech (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:08:14 PM

How come you don't have any TOS or privacy policy? Your contact email is also just a gmail account, which seems kind of fishy. Just trying to understand here. If this is legit, then that's great.

BTCTON,

Thank you for your questions and I agree they are great questions.

Let me answer them for you.

How come you don't have any TOS or privacy policy? We don't have a privacy policy as we never collect any customer data. Although we will make a privacy policy soon.

In regards to the ToS we will add one now.

The reason for the Gmail account is that we really trust Gmails 2 step authentication in addition to their very strong encryptiong.

We will be making our own SMTP service shortly, we have already started development of our own SMS system. It has a working 2 step authentication and response technologies.

Sorry if the legitimacy is in question and I am glad you bring this issue to our attention. We will work on this and get back to you soon.

The reason we have not resolved these earlier is because we focus on the product, pricing, and custom first.

That is why our service is so amazing and pricing so good Smiley

PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:09:31 PM

I signed up for a month, you just enter your email address on their site and chose your duration. The website displays a bitcoin address and amount to pay (but no QR code). I made the payment to the address specified in the amount requests.

They sent me an email after a little bit of time, maybe 10 minutes or so that after 6 confirms they would send me connection info.

That didn't happen... however, I got an email from them asking if I got my setup info. I informed them I didn't and they sent it shortly after. Oh, they also added two months due to this glitch, which was cool.

They sent me a link to an OpenVPN config file (they should really send you the file as an attachment since I had to connect to their server to d/l the file). I dropped it into my OpenVPN config folder and connected to it.

So, yea, it works. Whatsyourip shows I'm connected to an endpoint Montreal, Canada.

However, the bandwidth is pretty low. I have a 50Mbps symmetric connection and SpeedTest shows about 1.5-2.0Mbps speed d/l and half that upload.

This is compared to HideMyAss where I get almost my full 50Mbps/50Mbps speeds.

So, it seems, bandwidth wise anyway, you get what you pay for. But, I'll stick at it, perhaps it's a busy period or something.
OrcaTech (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:14:49 PM

I signed up for a month, you just enter your email address on their site and chose your duration. The website displays a bitcoin address and amount to pay (but no QR code). I made the payment to the address specified in the amount requests.

They sent me an email after a little bit of time, maybe 10 minutes or so that after 6 confirms they would send me connection info.

That didn't happen... however, I got an email from them asking if I got my setup info. I informed them I didn't and they sent it shortly after.

They sent me a link to an OpenVPN config file (they should really send you the file as an attachment since I had to connect to their server to d/l the file). I dropped it into my OpenVPN config folder and connected to it.

So, yea, it works. Whatsyourip shows I'm connected to an endpoint Montreal, Canada.

However, the bandwidth is pretty low. I have a 50Mbps symmetric connection and SpeedTest shows about 1.5-2.0Mbps speed d/l and half that upload.

So, it seems, bandwidth wise anyway, you get what you pay for. But, I'll stick at it, perhaps it's a busy period or something.

PilotofBTC, sorry about that. Our automatic BTC IPN seemed to have a mistake for your order, that's why were able to get the BTC transaction associated with your email address but the VPN didn't get automatically delivered.

That is why we contacted you to ensure the delivery.

I am sorry about the slow connection, we have been taken by swarm with new orders.

We will be upgrading the quality of our networks a lot soon!

Also please test your network when using HideMyAss with http://orcahub.com

You will notice that VPN is not DDoS protected.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:25:45 PM

That didn't happen... however, I got an email from them asking if I got my setup info. I informed them I didn't and they sent it shortly after.

PilotofBTC, sorry about that. Our automatic BTC IPN seemed to have a mistake for your order, that's why were able to get the BTC transaction associated with your email address but the VPN didn't get automatically delivered.

I am sorry about the slow connection, we have been taken by swarm with new orders.

No bit deal. But, I do have two suggestions...

1. Rather than display the bitcoin address/amount on the web, send an email with an invoice with a QR code. I was concerned I may have fat fingered my email address, if that happened I'm not sure what recourse I would have had.

2. Send the openVPN config file as an attachment. I don't want you logging my real IP address when I d/l the config file.

I will stick with you for my paid period. If the speed gets up over 20Mbps consistently I will stick around for a bit. But, if not, I will move on.
OrcaTech (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:35:09 PM

No bit deal. But, I do have two suggestions...

1. Rather than display the bitcoin address/amount on the web, send an email with an invoice with a QR code. I was concerned I may have fat fingered my email address, if that happened I'm not sure what recourse I would have had.

2. Send the openVPN config file as an attachment. I don't want you logging my real IP address when I d/l the config file.

I will stick with you for my paid period. If the speed gets up over 20Mbps consistently I will stick around for a bit. But, if not, I will move on.

PilotofBTC,

Thank your for writing to us.

We are a company that likes to make improvements regarding our product and user privacy.

As a result of this we will review your suggestions and take the appropriate actions soon Smiley

Thank you for notifying us how we can serve you better!

I will notify you once these changes have been made!
btcton
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:54:24 PM

I may try this out, then. I noticed you have a 50% discount available, but there is no option to pay with BTC there. Is the discount only for PayPal orders?

OrcaTech (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:01:25 AM

I may try this out, then. I noticed you have a 50% discount available, but there is no option to pay with BTC there. Is the discount only for PayPal orders?

At this time the discount is for PayPal orders only, but we will consider adding BTC for it as well
btcton
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 07:11:38 AM

At this time the discount is for PayPal orders only, but we will consider adding BTC for it as well
I went ahead with it, but I have yet to receive any information by email. I'll keep updating this as it goes.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: