Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:37:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is the forum loading so slow?  (Read 680 times)
thebitcoinquiz.com (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:35:08 PM

Is it just me or is the forum loading slow for everyone? Its like it takes 5-7 seconds to open up a page while earlier it took not more than like 1-2 seconds.
Also its taking a lot of time to post(the time a post takes to get posted after pressing the "post" button).

Is everyone else also experiencing this? Is this the consequence of another DDOS?

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:39:10 PM

Is it just me or is the forum loading slow for everyone? Its like it takes 5-7 seconds to open up a page while earlier it took not more than like 1-2 seconds.
Also its taking a lot of time to post(the time a post takes to get posted after pressing the "post" button).

Is everyone else also experiencing this? Is this the consequence of another DDOS?

Didn't notice any difference so far. Are you sure it isn't just your net connection? Are other sites working well for you?

Posting this didn't take more time than usual either.
thebitcoinquiz.com (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:44:25 PM

Didn't notice any difference so far. Are you sure it isn't just your net connection? Are other sites working well for you?

Every other site loads within a couple of seconds. Everything else is loading fine and smooth. But its frustrating to see the forum loading soo slow.
Just waiting for some more replies, and hoping that it isn't my Airtel connection that is specifically messing up with connection to btctalk.

WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:51:03 PM

Every other site loads within a couple of seconds. Everything else is loading fine and smooth. But its frustrating to see the forum loading soo slow.
Just waiting for some more replies, and hoping that it isn't my Airtel connection that is specifically messing up with connection to btctalk.

zero problems here from UK location, maybe a computer/browser or ISP issue for your end?
Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:52:24 PM

Marked all messages as read, after about 5 minutes there are 2 pages of recent unread topics.

I am using mobile connection, it takes more than 10 seconds to load.

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:52:49 PM

Here everything is fine, the forum is loading perfectly (I think it is your problem, check your internet connection and try to use a VPN. Maybe the things will change).
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:53:30 PM

Yeah!
I'm also facing the same problem Sad and sometimes its failed to load (seeing this error 'this webpage is not available' <- this is probably by my connection i think. But particularly while on openning btctalk). Even facing the problem while use on my phone.

~Rude Boy
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:53:42 PM

It is not slow on my end, definitely not a DoS attack. Reboot your computer and try again.
thebitcoinquiz.com (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:59:27 PM

Here everything is fine, the forum is loading perfectly (I think it is your problem, check your internet connection and try to use a VPN. Maybe the things will change).
Okay as most of the people think its fine then it must be fine(cause I don't think the forum would discriminate between an American,British or an Indian  Cheesy ) .
Its most probably my ISP issue, will call them later at night and ask them to resolve things out. Hope things go fine.
Thanks everyone for the info.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 06:22:32 PM

I've had the same thing for about a week now, its intermittent but its definitely inhibited. Ping to the site is varying between ~50s when its good to several seconds when its not.

Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 06:46:31 PM

I've had the same thing for about a week now, its intermittent but its definitely inhibited. Ping to the site is varying between ~50s when its good to several seconds when its not.

As now ping-ing bitcointalk.org return: a minimum of 130ms, a max of 397ms and a mean of 161ms. I'm in the Italy's countryside on a mobile network connection with a Samsung GalaxyTab (P-1000) as a modem. I got worst...so tonight was good enough for me.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 07:18:39 PM

It takes about 30 seconds to load sometimes while sometimes it loads pretty quickly (less than 10 seconds). Don't know what issue it might be.

Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:37:32 PM

Occasionally when I want to open some Board, the pages just keep reloading and nothing happened. So I opened new tab and then everything worked normally.

faucet used to be profitable
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:17:20 PM

I've also experienced this (although it seems fine for me now).  Certain weeks it will take between 20-30 seconds to load a page (or the connection even times out before the page fully loads), then the issue goes away.  I don't have any answers, and I figured it was just my ISP, but since others are reporting this too, I just wanted to add my name to the list of affected users.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 04:23:49 PM

I've also experienced this (although it seems fine for me now).  Certain weeks it will take between 20-30 seconds to load a page (or the connection even times out before the page fully loads), then the issue goes away.  I don't have any answers, and I figured it was just my ISP, but since others are reporting this too, I just wanted to add my name to the list of affected users.

Its been pretty bad for me for the last two weeks or so, same again today. Get short bursts where requests are instant, then long stretches where everything takes 15-20 seconds. Its probably to do with the non mainstream VPN the site uses.

Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 07:29:46 PM

Just re-did the ping test (same config as yesterday): minimum of 163ms, a max of 303ms and a mean of 188ms. Still using the same mobile connection with the same Samsung GalaxyTab (P-1000) as modem.

█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: