Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:43:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to Bitcoinforum.tk - the friendly Bitcoin forum  (Read 959 times)
sron (OP)

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 01:34:21 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2012, 02:33:19 PM by sron

Welcome to Bitcoinforum.tk - The friendly bitcoin forum

Bitcoin related discussions and lots of data, lists, spreadsheets and informational resources. Focus on Bitcoin, crypto stocks/equity and web development.

This is a polite forum for friendly people. If someone is being rude, do not retaliate but report to the moderator please.

You are most welcome to visit at: www.bitcoinforum.tk

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 01:37:59 PM

notsureifserious.com

sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 02:02:26 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2012, 03:11:07 PM by sron

The user who just posted in this thread is on my ignore list so I have no clue what he just stated, however I am guessing it was something rude or defamatory.

Bitcoinforum.tk is the place to go if you think bitcointalk is too rough and mean and you want to discuss development or participate in our general discussion in a friendly and relaxed environment. Unlike bitcointalk, all bullies will be banned so the nice guys and gals will be able to discuss projects without fear of verbal attacks.

Peace.

www.bitcoinforum.tk

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 02:03:57 PM

This guy is a scammer. Avoid.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 02:07:14 PM

The Bitcoindevs Google Group (http://goo.gl/Vnnjt) is the place to go if you think bitcointalk is too rough and mean and you want to discuss development or participate in our general discussion in a friendly and relaxed environment. Unlike bitcointalk, all bullies will be banned so the nice guys and gals will be able to discuss projects without fear of verbal attacks.

You mean a place where you can con people without someone calling you out, right?
sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 03:22:30 PM

We already have a few new members since posting earlier today : )

Welcome new guys, hope we can have constructive discussions in the forum.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 03:42:01 PM

So you want to ban people you perceive as bullies? Even if they promote discussion and exchange of ideas? People can make up their own minds based on the information given. What happens when you ban/censor/moderate someone for being rude by calling something a scam, and it turns out it was? Will you sleep soundly knowing you helped someone to defraud people?

If people are asking questions you don't like, then either answer them or prove you're more than just talk.  

Anyway, good luck, nothing wrong with more forums/choices.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 04:18:24 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2012, 02:38:47 PM by sron

So you want to ban people you perceive as bullies? Even if they promote discussion and exchange of ideas? People can make up their own minds based on the information given. What happens when you ban/censor/moderate someone for being rude by calling something a scam, and it turns out it was? Will you sleep soundly knowing you helped someone to defraud people?

If people are asking questions you don't like, then either answer them or prove you're more than just talk.  

Anyway, good luck, nothing wrong with more forums/choices.

Thank you for your constructive feedback BadBear : )

Ah, yes, I actually would like to and will ban people that I perceive as bullies in this new forum. It's a niche forum I suppose in that sense. Bitcointalk is great for some purposes and it's a very active forum but there are just so many rude and aggressive hackers around who post very negative comments no matter what you're posting about. I have a feeling there are other sensitive and sensible guys like myself around who do not even wish to argue with the haters. What's the point anyway? I would rather spend time discussing development with people who stick to the facts and who are not too quick to judge.

Now, about the scamming thing, I have made a little bit of research about bitcoin-OCD for instance and doing business with traders and entities listed there seems to be a good way to increase the probability of a safe transaction. Bitcoin needs more review systems, not teenagers who shout scam after each and every post on this forum. What do they know anyway? I have been posting here for a while now and I have had maybe 50 random people posting something like "it's a scam" after each and every project idea I have come up with. At the same time, if you check my posts until now, not a single person has claimed I have ever scammed them. So, I have 50 guys shouting scam without anyone actually having been scammed. Enough is enough. There is a line between healthy wariness and aggressive paranoia.

You think people can think for themselves? I say if you have a large enough group of aggressive people in managerial positions, their paranoia, gang mentality and hostility will eventually spread through the group in a ripple effect. Now, bitcoin is a very contentious subject matter in itself. We do not need a mob of youngsters making the situation worse by flaming all over the forum.

So, I will let bitcointalk remain the big, uncensored forum for anything bitcoin and build my own forum for people like myself. People who do not judge too quickly. People who think before they speak and concentrate on the facts. People who like to relax and have a little bit of fun without hurting the feelings of others : )

Welcome to Bitcoinforum.tk : ) You too, BadBear. I have a hunch you're not so bad.

http://www.bitcoinforum.tk

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 04:35:11 PM

There's a market for everything, and I'm sure you'll find some like minded people. Hopefully it's productive.

This forum probably isn't for everyone, but I find the few detractors are worth the freedom to speak freely.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
SasQuatch

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 05:04:18 PM

sron, I've read many of your posts. I won't be joining your new forum because I don't feel you are ready as a possible investment for me. Either my time, or my bitcoins. I admire your audacity and perseverance, but your inability to handle criticism (even if some of it is inflammatory) has made me extremely wary.

When I see a concern posted about an investment or an idea, I don't want to hear someone whine about the forums being unfair. I want to hear a legit, thought out response.
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 05:10:31 PM

sron, I've read many of your posts. I won't be joining your new forum because I don't feel you are ready as a possible investment for me. Either my time, or my bitcoins. I admire your audacity and perseverance, but your inability to handle criticism (even if some of it is inflammatory) has made me extremely wary.

When I see a concern posted about an investment or an idea, I don't want to hear someone whine about the forums being unfair. I want to hear a legit, thought out response.

Well put. I guess you just made it to place 51 on sron's ignore list.
sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 01:21:46 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2012, 03:12:39 PM by sron

Updated the website : )

We now have a Google Group forum and a spreadsheet i. e. a basic database!

Anyone interested in getting involved with development and marketing?

Link: www.bitcoinforum.tk

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 01:26:42 PM

lol   Lips sealed

sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 03:13:29 PM

Link to the first form:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dExHVkFtOXlnenNkVnlQaXExNktnT2c6MQ#gid=0

Links to all data will be published on the Bitcoindevs forum.

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 03:36:58 AM

Link to the first form:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dExHVkFtOXlnenNkVnlQaXExNktnT2c6MQ#gid=0

I hope you will find a lot of people who share your vision but I personally  prefer an uncensored forum like bitcointalk.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 03:39:41 AM

*insert best facepalm image here*
Hell, go get a domain instead of this.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 10:15:54 AM

*insert best facepalm image here*
Hell, go get a domain instead of this.

Maybe he could start a thread asking for investors to raise the $8/year needed to register a domain.
sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 02:42:47 PM

Hey guys : )

To the ones of you out there who like discussing the bitcoin technology and economy in a friendly and relaxed environment - I have just updated the links and the website.

We now reside at www.bitcoinforum.tk

You are most welcome to drop by and take part in our discussions and business projects!

Cheers!

sron (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 03:06:43 PM

Link to the first form:

I hope you will find a lot of people who share your vision but I personally  prefer an uncensored forum like bitcointalk.

Ok man. I appreciate the part of your message which sounds like encouragement : )

Welcome to Bitcoinforum.tk if you change your mind. Moderated but in the spirit of free speech to keep the open source community strong and focused.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: