Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:42:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you handle new user loans here?  (Read 618 times)
DuckPunch (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:50:14 AM

I did read all of the stickies presented, but those seem to work better if you have a decent reputation here. What if a borrower is new, like myself (I'm not a borrower, though) and they know about bitcoins, but don't have the reputation everyone else has?

Personally, I found out about BTC when I was in desperate need of money. My friend in AUS had me set up a CoinBase account and after everything was verified he sent me coins, which I deposited into my bank account. My bills were paid a week late, but they were paid.

A lot of people find out about Bitcoins in the event of a financial emergency, but they find it difficult to get loans even then.  

Under what circumstances would you give a new user the benefit of the doubt and help out someone? How can you tell if it's a genuine emergency or a scammer doing what they do best? How would you handle a situation like this and what would make you feel more comfortable with lending to that person?

I don't need a loan, this is just a question. I don't dabble on BTCTalk too much (or at all) because of what I feel are security issues... but idk.. I might start getting into it and handing out some loans. I'm just not an experienced lender, so I'd like to know how some of the best decisions are made in situations like this (mainly because I can relate to, seriously, needing money very quickly).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 01:57:21 AM

I did read all of the stickies presented, but those seem to work better if you have a decent reputation here. What if a borrower is new, like myself, and they know about bitcoins e, but don't have the reputation everyone else has?

I know I found out about BTC when I was in desperate need of money. My friend in AUS had me set up a CoinBase account and he sent me coins, which I deposited into my bank account. In the event of a financial emergency, people who don't normal deal with BTC find them and try it out, but they find it difficult to get loans even then.  

Under what circumstances would a lender (you) give an new user the benefit of the doubt and help out someone? How can you tell if it's a genuine emergency or a scammer doing what they do best? How would you handle a situation like this and what would make you feel more comfortable with lending to that person?

I don't need a loan, this is just a question. I don't dabble on BTCTalk, too much because of security issue... or at all, but idk.. I might start getting into it and handing out some loans. I'm just not an experienced lender, so I'd like to know how some of the best decisions are made in situations like this (mainly because I can relate to, seriously, needing money very quickly).

If you ask for a loan without collateral, you get negative trust.  It's not exactly because you're new and ignorant of the rules; it's because it's too easy to create a throw away account, ask for a loan and scam, then rinse and repeat.   Undecided

Here is a good thread - read the first two posts.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.0

(If you need money quickly - turn to family and friends, not an anonymous forum dedicated to an irreversible currency)

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:03:32 AM

For a newbie to get a loan, he should provide legit collateral. Newbie is not allowed to ask a loan here without collateral. There is no way to identify the emergency or sad story due to its anonymous feature. So any one can claim anything bad to justify his loan request! A lot of scams and frauds are around. The loaners are cautious to give the loan!

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
DuckPunch (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:04:39 AM

Thanks Vod.

I did read your collateral post before, but I'm not sure how I missed the post above it... or the title of it, lol (I need to pay better attention). That's a good standard to go by, though. When  I saw all of the negative votes I thought it was from bad experiences, not loan requests with no collateral.
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 05:05:12 AM

I did read all of the stickies presented, but those seem to work better if you have a decent reputation here. What if a borrower is new, like myself (I'm not a borrower, though) and they know about bitcoins, but don't have the reputation everyone else has?

Personally, I found out about BTC when I was in desperate need of money. My friend in AUS had me set up a CoinBase account and after everything was verified he sent me coins, which I deposited into my bank account. My bills were paid a week late, but they were paid.

A lot of people find out about Bitcoins in the event of a financial emergency, but they find it difficult to get loans even then.  

Under what circumstances would you give a new user the benefit of the doubt and help out someone? How can you tell if it's a genuine emergency or a scammer doing what they do best? How would you handle a situation like this and what would make you feel more comfortable with lending to that person?

I don't need a loan, this is just a question. I don't dabble on BTCTalk too much (or at all) because of what I feel are security issues... but idk.. I might start getting into it and handing out some loans. I'm just not an experienced lender, so I'd like to know how some of the best decisions are made in situations like this (mainly because I can relate to, seriously, needing money very quickly).

Agreed, you should have valid collateral.  Not only will you get negative trust for not having collateral, but it will be very unlikely for you to get a loan.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: