Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:07:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: David Cameron plans to allow police to vet anyone's internet communications  (Read 761 times)
newflesh (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:46:44 PM

Didn't take dodgy Dave long to reveal his true colours Smiley

The plans would allow the police to ask the higher court to order extremists to be banned from broadcasting and send every tweet, Facebook post or other web communication to the police for approval. That would include posts from users telling friends and followers that their communications were now being vetted, or ones denying the extremism claims that led to them being charged under such measures.

As well as the online bans, the plans would see groups being banned from using hate speech in public spaces, even if their behaviour does not mean that they should be banned altogether.

The plans have already received criticism from civil liberties groups who claim that the ban on “extremists” could be used to cover anyone, including protestors that the government disagrees with.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/new-counterextremism-plans-to-allow-police-to-ask-to-vet-anyones-internet-communications-10246381.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:14:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaDJ2Oh_Eh4
J. J. Phillips

Activity: 518

Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 03:10:10 PM

Well, to be fair, all the major parties in Britain are in favor of total surveillance. Unfortunately they read Orwell's 1984 as a manual, not a warning.

It's not this way in spite of the British people. The British people are mostly in favor of total surveillance and absolute state control as well, at least based on their voting patterns.

Conclusion: British people are fucking dangerously stupid.

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Affair_of_the_Gang_of_Barbarians
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:35:24 PM

Well, to be fair, all the major parties in Britain are in favor of total surveillance. Unfortunately they read Orwell's 1984 as a manual, not a warning.

It's not this way in spite of the British people. The British people are mostly in favor of total surveillance and absolute state control as well, at least based on their voting patterns.

Perhaps you noticed that in most countries we have only one ruling elite, and the same powers/corporations behind all of them. So, which finger of the very same hand do you favour? (I'm afraid eventually we are all going to get the middle one.)
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:38:43 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 04:51:41 PM by saddampbuh

most people agree with it because "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear", all the government has to do is mention pedophiles or terrorism and the idiots start frothing at the mouth.

corrected

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Mr Tea

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:48:42 PM

This is why politics is a joke. Did they ever mention they were going to do this before they get elected? They just sell their entire campaign on a few 'issues' but then when they get in they do hundreds of other things they never mentioned in the first place.

J. J. Phillips

Activity: 518

Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 04:32:05 PM

most people agree with it because "if you have nothing to fear you have nothing to hide", all the government has to do is mention pedophiles or terrorism and the idiots start frothing at the mouth.

It's usually inverted: "if you have have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear." I think I like your version better. Please try not to post things I agree with. Smiley

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Affair_of_the_Gang_of_Barbarians
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:17:02 PM

"if you have have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear."

Someone said something like that to me once when the topic came up over surveillance. I swifty asked them if they drew their curtains at night. They replied with a yes. I accused them of doing something illegal, because they must be because they are trying to hide something.
They quickly shut up.

Buttknuckle

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 10:11:44 PM

most people agree with it because "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear", all the government has to do is mention pedophiles or terrorism and the idiots start frothing at the mouth.

corrected

Yup, and the problem is that sooner or later people will suffer who should not.  For example it used to be illegal where I live (california) for gay men to have sex with each other.  Who gives a crap what gay people do?  Its silly.  But its only a matter of time until some nut job on a crusade gets elected and starts a witch hunt, for something that is illegal but shouldn't be.  Or just over something legal that they dont like.

galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 10:55:59 PM

Yes

It’s Not Enough To Follow The Law, You Must Love Big Brother

Creepy Cameron says it. The master addressing his slaves. Who the hell votes for these people? It staggers the imagination.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 10:58:12 PM

Do you guys understand why I hate this country yet? Tongue
RitzBitzz

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:42:56 PM

The 2 parties in America are not as different as they would like you to believe.
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 06:19:27 AM

Do you guys understand why I hate this country yet? Tongue

It's not just the UK. Canada, a lot of other countries in Europe, America, etc. There were always attacks on civil liberties. But since 9/11 it's been getting worse faster than what gets better.

"if you have have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear."

Someone said something like that to me once when the topic came up over surveillance. I swifty asked them if they drew their curtains at night. They replied with a yes. I accused them of doing something illegal, because they must be because they are trying to hide something.
They quickly shut up.

Works well with these too: do you close the door when you go to the bathroom? why don't you show me all your emails and sms if you have nothing to hide? 
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:43:28 AM

I use bitcoin. Am I classed as an "extremist"?

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 12:09:06 PM

It's not just the UK. Canada, a lot of other countries in Europe, America, etc. There were always attacks on civil liberties. But since 9/11 it's been getting worse faster than what gets better.  

The biggest problem I have with this country is there are actually a number of people who think this is a genuinely good idea, most of the time when these crazy laws are written very few people will enforce them or go along with it, but here, It's like they have no will of their own.

England prevails! Tongue
galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:29:54 PM

Switch off Big Brother - Cameron

Viewers unhappy at being constantly monitored by their home entertainment devices should switch off their TVs, Conservative leader David Cameron has said.
Answering questions sent in to the BBC he said there was "a great regulator called the off button", adding that people had to "take responsibility".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/6272397.stm

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 12:40:48 PM

It's good if they want to stop rumors from being spread on these social networking websites but just monitoring all citizens isn't a good idea. Some countries think only about the negatives of these websites and consider them a threat. I wouldn't like anyone to constantly police my activities on the internet even though I don't do anything wrong. I respect my privacy.

Buttknuckle

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 06:54:09 PM

The 2 parties in America are not as different as they would like you to believe.

I agree.  They say different things, but in the end they both serve the same corporate overlords.  I vote 3rd party, as if it matters.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: