Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:28:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Casascius brass 1XBT / series one and two  (Read 634 times)
joecooin (OP)

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 02:11:51 AM

Offering:

Casascius 1 BTC in brass,

Series 2 of 2012 for 3 BTC.

Series 1 (error) of 2011 for 9 BTC

Willing to let go a few of each.

Never really traded on this forum but questions about my trustworthiness will be answered to your satisfaction. You're buying from the guy who actually published 'the error' on the first Casascius coins:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=41892.msg594780#msg594780

I take the freedom to call this a once-in-a-lifetime-chance! Wink

Joe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 02:18:00 AM

You have any close up pictures of the coins? The condition pretty much sets the prices on them.
joecooin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 02:29:34 AM

You have any close up pictures of the coins? The condition pretty much sets the prices on them.

Now that you ask that: sorry for not having supplied them in the first place.

I will unfortunately not be able to do so before monday evening as they are in a bank safe deposit box which is not accessable over the weekend.

I can say that I have probably various conditions to offer. Some have never been unwrapped and are still untouched, others have been carried around so long that they have actually lost the imprint of the public key (yes that bad!). Might sound crazy but back in the days we actually carried them around in our fiat-wallets to hand them out as little presents for people interested in Bitcoin. Yes, stupid idea in hindsight Smiley.

Anyhow, not before monday I can deliver high res pics.

Joe

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:34:09 AM

Err, that's more of a premium for the 2012 brass coin than a much rarer silver coin of either colouring. Is there something special about it?
joecooin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 02:41:39 AM

Err, that's more of a premium for the 2012 brass coin than a much rarer silver coin of either colouring. Is there something special about it?

I'm not sure if I understand your question.

I did not really find an actual quote for that coin to adjust my offer to other offers. I just thought that a 200% premium is the least I should ask for for that coin.

In case my price is unrealistic please let me know.

And no, there is nothing special to these coins other maybe than that I got them directly from the vendor.

Joe

tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:42:34 AM

Your prices are crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy
joecooin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 02:56:26 AM

Your prices are crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy

Maybe but I don't think so.

People in the silver market are paying a few thousand percent premium on silver ounces with a cute panda minted on them in a certain year by some government.

People in the Bitcoin market are paying a few hundred percent premium on Bitcoin IOUs in the form of ETFs so they can trade them with the rest of their stocks.

The premium I am asking for is the minimum I would sell for, that easy. In case my ask is too much nobody will buy and nobody will get hurt.

Joe

bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:29:04 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2015, 01:40:15 PM by bithalo

Your prices for both pieces are much higher than what they sell for.  That also goes for your 10B Silver in another thread.  

Rough guess for values of your pieces without knowing their condition, and not graded:

2012 1B Brass 1.5BTC
2011 1B S1 Error Brass 3BTC
Silver 10B 20BTC

If any of the above are in bad shape as you mention, then values drop accordingly, especially if the holo has been compromised.

You're free to price them however you wish, but just letting you know.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 08:51:44 PM

Your prices for both pieces are much higher than what they sell for.  That also goes for your 10B Silver in another thread.  

Rough guess for values of your pieces without knowing their condition, and not graded:

2012 1B Brass 1.5BTC
2011 1B S1 Error Brass 3BTC
Silver 10B 20BTC

If any of the above are in bad shape as you mention, then values drop accordingly, especially if the holo has been compromised.

You're free to price them however you wish, but just letting you know.

I tend to agree to mr. bithalo here.
Perhaps the 2012 1B Brass is slightly higher, but really impossible to say without pictures, as Blazedout419 suggest. Many of the error coins was carried around in the pocket or pass around in offices for the lulz.  Some of these old brass coins are pretty beaten up, and do not have a high premium. Also if not stored correct, brass gets oxidized pretty bad in just a few years.

About the panda's, it is true that some of the Panda's from specific years are extremely expensive. Especially MS70, since some years only had a handful of them out of thousands of minted coins. Again, it comes down to the quality of the coin.    

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: