Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:23:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Free Script] Untitled Dice - Run your own bitcoin dice site (no server needed)  (Read 64322 times)
dan (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:31:16 PM

Wait so.. you still provide the bankroll right? It just uses Moneypot to manage users and deposits?

This script uses Moneypot's bankroll which is why it's "risk-free profit".

Currently, Moneypot's provably-fair API only operates on its own bankroll, but RHavar (owner) has expressed that he's working on extending the API so that you can BYOB (bring your own bankroll Smiley)

Yes, beyond the bankroll, Moneypot also handles the user-management and bitcoin-management.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SirLolicon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:50:02 AM

how do you make a profit if you don't provide your own bankroll?

dan (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:35:18 AM

At a high level, the Moneypot API is a bet server that accepts any bet that's profitable to its investors (the house).

• If the player loses the bet, the investors take the minimal amount of profit that makes it worthwhile for them, and then you (app owner) split the rest of the profit with Moneypot.
  • If the player wins the bet, then the investors float the entire wager.

Why do the investors split their profit with you? Because they're rewarding you for driving +EV volume against their bankroll.

Does that make sense? Smiley

Also, I just released untitled-dice v0.0.5 which adds Deposit/Withdraw dialog buttons to the navbar:

https://i.imgur.com/E8DG3QR.png

You can read more about dialogs here: https://www.moneypot.com/api-docs#dialogs - Their purpose is so that users can manage their balance on your app without visiting Moneypot.
SirLolicon

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:37:51 AM

At a high level, the Moneypot API is a bet server that accepts any bet that's profitable to its investors (the house).

• If the player loses the bet, the investors take the minimal amount of profit that makes it worthwhile for them, and then you (app owner) split the rest of the profit with Moneypot.
  • If the player wins the bet, then the investors float the entire wager.

Why do the investors split their profit with you? Because they're rewarding you for driving +EV volume against their bankroll.

Does that make sense? Smiley

So basically all you have to do is spice up the site and market it well and you don't need to
provide any bankroll? Just pure profit?

That's cool.

EDIT:

Was testing it with the faucet. I ran out of bits and it said "CANNOT_AFFORD_WAGER"
on the bet button. Is this changeable in the code or is it basically a bug?

dan (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:54:06 AM

EDIT:

Was testing it with the faucet. I ran out of bits and it said "CANNOT_AFFORD_WAGER"

It's not a bug, I just neglected to translate the errors into more user-friendly messages like "You cannot afford this wager". Once I do that, it will be trivial to just ctrl-f and replace with customized messages.

I'll improve it in v0.0.6. Cheesy
SirLolicon

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:57:46 AM

EDIT:

It's not a bug, I just neglected to translate the errors into more user-friendly messages like "You cannot afford this wager". Once I do that, it will be trivial to just ctrl-f and replace with customized messages.

I tried forking it to play around, the login to moneypot button always uses the redirect uri of untitled-dice
and not the one you provide in the app.js

EDIT:
Nevermind, I honestly don't know what happened but after a few minutes it started working.
Didn't have to commit any changes

dan (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 11:48:31 AM

I tried forking it to play around, the login to moneypot button always uses the redirect uri of untitled-dice
and not the one you provide in the app.js

EDIT:
Nevermind, I honestly don't know what happened but after a few minutes it started working.
Didn't have to commit any changes

Not sure if this was your issue, but it looks like Github tells your browser to cache files for up to 10 minutes so try busting your cache (forced reload) if it happens again.
dan (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:30:08 PM

EDIT:

Okay, just addressed this and released v0.0.6 (minor release). Bet validation errors are now translated into human-friendly messages.

For example:

https://i.imgur.com/M1jC5yR.png
(It used to say "CANNOT_AFFORD_WAGER")

You can edit the messages here: https://github.com/untitled-dice/untitled-dice.github.io/blob/4def9cc1222cb998792ccae1149ce87828f07166/app.js#L1316-L1323

Thanks for the feedback, SirLolicon. Smiley
SirLolicon

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:14:55 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 05:16:38 AM by SirLolicon

EDIT:

Okay, just addressed this and released v0.0.6 (minor release). Bet validation errors are now translated into human-friendly messages.

For example:

(It used to say "CANNOT_AFFORD_WAGER")

You can edit the messages here: https://github.com/untitled-dice/untitled-dice.github.io/blob/4def9cc1222cb998792ccae1149ce87828f07166/app.js#L1316-L1323

Thanks for the feedback, SirLolicon. Smiley

Sure, I love your project, and there's no way I can help but try it out and maybe bring this out of the dark and release
a version of this to the public ((:

EDIT:

A little question, how does a user become a mod in the site?
I've seen that Moneypot Staff have a tag of "MP Staff" and there's another tag "Mod"

dan (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:17:03 PM

A little question, how does a user become a mod in the site?
I've seen that Moneypot Staff have a tag of "MP Staff" and there's another tag "Mod"

Moneypot doesn't currently let you appoint mods for your app or co-owners, but that will change soon. (So far it's just one owner per app)

Once that update lands, then you'll be able to go to your "edit app" page on Moneypot and add/remove moderators, and they'll show up in chat with the "Mod" medallion next to their name.

Also, someone reminded me in PM, but I need to add a chat command cheatsheet beneath the chatbox. For example, as an owner, you can "/mute foobar 10" to mute someone named foobar for 10 minutes. And you can unmute them with "/unmute foobar".
Pores

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 06:23:53 AM

When the commands for the chat come out, do we have to update any files in the script?
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 12:44:42 PM

Is there an affilate system for your dice site or for moneypot?

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

elm
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:57:25 PM

very good question I am also very interested to see the answer
dan (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:58:14 PM

When the commands for the chat come out, do we have to update any files in the script?

The chatbox already supports "/mute foobar 40" (40 minutes) and "/unmute foobar", but I will have to update the script when I add more commands.

Ideally, you use Git to keep your script in sync with my script. For example, when I make a change, you can just run "git pull" to get my changes.

No. Moneypot doesn't have API support for a referral system, so it currently can't be done with a client-side script like untitled-dice.
elm
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 04:34:23 PM

No. Moneypot doesn't have API support for a referral system, so it currently can't be done with a client-side script like untitled-dice.

is it on MP to do list? and if not what you are saying is that the only solution is to add a server side to the client side? I am asking because I would like to have a referral program if I would do a game app.

dan (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 09:20:36 PM

is it on MP to do list? and if not what you are saying is that the only solution is to add a server side to the client side? I am asking because I would like to have a referral program if I would do a game app.

You may want to direct that first question to RHavar's Moneypot topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1020726.0

At the point that you are running your own server that communicates with Moneypot (instead of a serverless script), then your options become open-ended because you can complement Moneypot's API with your own features.

For example, and this is totally off the top of my head, you could write your server so that it handles `example.com?referral=foobar` by saving `referral=foobar` in the visitor's browser cookie. Now, whenever a user enables your app from Moneypot and is redirected back to your website for the first time, you can see if they have that browser cookie. If so, then you can hook up the referral link to "foobar" and do whatever you want with it.

In other words, Moneypot doesn't stop you from building this kind of functionality once you're running your own server and database. Of course, that's beyond the scope of this thread.
elm
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:28:21 PM

You may want to direct that first question to RHavar's Moneypot topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1020726.0

At the point that you are running your own server that communicates with Moneypot (instead of a serverless script), then your options become open-ended because you can complement Moneypot's API with your own features.

For example, and this is totally off the top of my head, you could write your server so that it handles `example.com?referral=foobar` by saving `referral=foobar` in the visitor's browser cookie. Now, whenever a user enables your app from Moneypot and is redirected back to your website for the first time, you can see if they have that browser cookie. If so, then you can hook up the referral link to "foobar" and do whatever you want with it.

In other words, Moneypot doesn't stop you from building this kind of functionality once you're running your own server and database. Of course, that's beyond the scope of this thread.

thanks for explaining in more depth, very much appreciated. I asked my question in other thread

how would it be if I want to add a auto betting bot? would full client side work or server side needed?
dan (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 07:29:30 PM

thanks for explaining in more depth, very much appreciated. I asked my question in other thread

how would it be if I want to add a auto betting bot? would full client side work or server side needed?

An auto-betting/bot system can be built on the client-side. It can even just use the UI directly, like "double the contents of the wager field and trigger the 'Bet' button".

Related: I will be adding an auto-betting system to Untitled Dice in a future release.
LazerPanther

Activity: 334
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:52:09 AM

dan, this is amazing. Just found the source while browsing GitHub which then led me here. Is the Moneypot thread you linked earlier the most active for updates or should I keep watching this thread?
dan (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:02:22 PM

dan, this is amazing. Just found the source while browsing GitHub which then led me here. Is the Moneypot thread you linked earlier the most active for updates or should I keep watching this thread?

Hey, I'm keeping this thread updated with Untitled Dice updates. You can see the changelog in the OP which I maintain.

There haven't been any updates recently, but my next big update will include an autobet feature.

I'm also developing the groundwork right now that will allow Untitled Dice to automatically update when players deposit directly to the bitcoin address (QR code) shown in the "Deposit" button.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: