Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:35:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: American Commandos Kill Senior ISIS Leader  (Read 2589 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 07:42:35 AM

Killing isolated individuals will not cause any weakness to the Islamic State. IS is not an individual-centered organization. Its strength lies in its recruits, and its ability to get new cannon fodder from various Islamic nations. IS will be able to find a replacement for Abu Sayyaf in no time. Seal the Turkish-Syrian border, if you want to really weaken the IS.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 07:50:03 AM

Killing isolated individuals will not cause any weakness to the Islamic State. IS is not an individual-centered organization. Its strength lies in its recruits, and its ability to get new cannon fodder from various Islamic nations. IS will be able to find a replacement for Abu Sayyaf in no time. Seal the Turkish-Syrian border, if you want to really weaken the IS.

No only Muslims but ISIS hire non-Muslims too. They must have good financial help to do all these.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 08:09:03 AM

No only Muslims but ISIS hire non-Muslims too. They must have good financial help to do all these.

Why should any non-Muslim join ISIS, as the main aim of the organization is the extermination of non-Muslims? Some converts from other religions might have joined ISIS (especially the case with recruits from various European nations such as France and Germany). But I don't think that any religious Christian or Jew will join the IS.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 08:39:44 AM

Why should any non-Muslim join ISIS, as the main aim of the organization is the extermination of non-Muslims? Some converts from other religions might have joined ISIS (especially the case with recruits from various European nations such as France and Germany). But I don't think that any religious Christian or Jew will join the IS.

ISIS offers food, money, shelter and maybe more. Many non-Muslims join ISIS because of these. ISIS make lot of promised.

“Westerners are involved, especially in the recruitment and social media dissemination of the whole ISIS brand,” Mubin Shaikh, a former Taliban recruiter who operated from his hometown of Toronto before becoming a national security operative in Canada, told International Business Times. “Look at the videos they’re making. You think those people were trained in Syria and Iraq? Those people were trained in the West.”

“There were certain things we looked for,” Shaikh said, speaking of his time as a recruiter. “People who didn’t know the religion as much. People who were converts, because converts would probably have problems with their parents at home, so they were more likely to stay in our company."

Most Western recruits are teenagers and almost all going to Syria to fight are men. “The vast majority of Westerners joining up with ISIS are extraordinarily ignorant when it comes to religion,” said Max Abrahms, a Northeastern University professor who studies jihadist groups. Most recruits have no prior connection to Syria and “never even thought to visit.”

"People collaborating with IS can be ordinary people,” said Aymenn Jawad al-Tamimi, a Shillman-Ginsburg Fellow at the Middle East Forum. “They don’t have to be religious fanatics. They could be anyone provided you give your pledge of allegiance to ISIS.”

In countries like the U.S., Canada and Britain, potential recruits must find a jihadi mentor, which can be done online or through ISIS supporters in their local communities, according to Imam Syed Soharwardy, founder of the Islamic Supreme Council of Canada

ISIS is also likely recruiting in colleges and high schools under the cover of student groups, Soharwardy said. Recruits are seeking camaraderie, and they often know someone who has joined a militant group beforehand. For example, after U.S. citizen Douglas McCain from California went to fight with ISIS in Syria, it was later discovered that he had lived in the same building as a classmate who joined al-Shabab, the Somali militant group with ties to al-Qaeda.

Militant leaders also use Western recruits for publicity to inspire others to join the Islamic State. As with McCain, that usually only happens after he is dead.

Many recruiters use social media, such as Twitter and ask.fm, to field questions about joining the Islamic State, almost an online version of the religious seminar, the terrorism experts said. Once a Westerner has expressed interest, there is an interview process to determine how serious the potential recruit is and to hopefully weed out any spies.  The interview happens using encryption software and proxy servers, Shaikh said.

“If they can Skype you, they’ll Skype you. They want to see what you look like. You can’t be that secretive with them,” Shaikh said.  “If you know somebody, they’ll probably get in touch with someone from your place, whether you're American, Canadian or British. They’ll ask you what area you’re from, what scholars you know.”

Earlier this year, Al-Tamimi received a direct message on Twitter from a young American man eager to join ISIS. The man, who falsely believed Al-Tamimi was associated with the militants, said: “I want to go to Syria. Can you tell me how?”

http://www.ibtimes.com/isis-recruiting-westerners-how-islamic-state-goes-after-non-muslims-recent-converts-west-1680076

Two links in the above news:

http://www.ibtimes.com/isis-twitter-facebook-account-james-foley-video-highlights-disturbing-effective-1660544
http://www.ibtimes.com/after-douglas-mcauthur-mccain-us-identifies-americans-fighting-isis-syria-using-social-1673168

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 09:06:27 AM

Here's one article I had found about how ISIS recruits non-Muslims (so they aren't all Sunni Muslims). There was a better article I had come across that talked about how some people went to 'work' for ISIS not because of ideology but simply because they paid wages like a job, and there was no work for them otherwise, but they started abandoning ISIS because they were never paid as promised. I can't find that article now, but this one makes my point as well.

http://www.ibtimes.com/isis-recruiting-westerners-how-islamic-state-goes-after-non-muslims-recent-converts-west-1680076

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:15:49 PM

The most surprising part of the operation is that they didn't kill the wife. They almost never want to deal with the baggage of a combatant prisoner.

Usually the wife fights back after all she's been living with a high ranking terrorist for a while.

I can hear it now.

"I thought it would be so nice to try living without a burka for a while."
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 07:08:39 PM

The most surprising part of the operation is that they didn't kill the wife. They almost never want to deal with the baggage of a combatant prisoner.

Should bear in mind these guys are special operations so they're very well trained assuming they've been trained by anyone halfway decent and the U.S government realises the reputation it has now for operations in the middle east so they're probably trying to get some good PR on the war.

By the way, I saw this news item on the BBC, it wasn't reported as delta commandos though they were simply called "Special ops.".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-32764995

This kind of op may have been tasked both to Delta Force or its Navy counterpart, the Naval Special Warfare Development Group. Unofficial comments from media contacts may be even deliberatedly misleading to cover a classified op.  Wink
Delta don't exist! Ooops...i said DeltaGrin

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 07:42:47 PM

Missing from the story, this was the first time that they killed this guy. Given the record of these serial liars they may very well do it again so stay tuned.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 08:07:00 PM

At last something positive to hear about the ISIS. It's good that they captured the wife and now the commandos can interrogate her to get more information. Other leaders might take one step behind due to this.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 09:04:58 PM

ISIS offers food, money, shelter and maybe more. Many non-Muslims join ISIS because of these. ISIS make lot of promised.

“Westerners are involved, especially in the recruitment and social media dissemination of the whole ISIS brand,” Mubin Shaikh, a former Taliban recruiter who operated from his hometown of Toronto before becoming a national security operative in Canada, told International Business Times. “Look at the videos they’re making. You think those people were trained in Syria and Iraq? Those people were trained in the West.”

“There were certain things we looked for,” Shaikh said, speaking of his time as a recruiter. “People who didn’t know the religion as much. People who were converts, because converts would probably have problems with their parents at home, so they were more likely to stay in our company."

Most Western recruits are teenagers and almost all going to Syria to fight are men. “The vast majority of Westerners joining up with ISIS are extraordinarily ignorant when it comes to religion,” said Max Abrahms, a Northeastern University professor who studies jihadist groups. Most recruits have no prior connection to Syria and “never even thought to visit.”

"People collaborating with IS can be ordinary people,” said Aymenn Jawad al-Tamimi, a Shillman-Ginsburg Fellow at the Middle East Forum. “They don’t have to be religious fanatics. They could be anyone provided you give your pledge of allegiance to ISIS.”

In countries like the U.S., Canada and Britain, potential recruits must find a jihadi mentor, which can be done online or through ISIS supporters in their local communities, according to Imam Syed Soharwardy, founder of the Islamic Supreme Council of Canada

ISIS is also likely recruiting in colleges and high schools under the cover of student groups, Soharwardy said. Recruits are seeking camaraderie, and they often know someone who has joined a militant group beforehand. For example, after U.S. citizen Douglas McCain from California went to fight with ISIS in Syria, it was later discovered that he had lived in the same building as a classmate who joined al-Shabab, the Somali militant group with ties to al-Qaeda.

Militant leaders also use Western recruits for publicity to inspire others to join the Islamic State. As with McCain, that usually only happens after he is dead.

Many recruiters use social media, such as Twitter and ask.fm, to field questions about joining the Islamic State, almost an online version of the religious seminar, the terrorism experts said. Once a Westerner has expressed interest, there is an interview process to determine how serious the potential recruit is and to hopefully weed out any spies.  The interview happens using encryption software and proxy servers, Shaikh said.

“If they can Skype you, they’ll Skype you. They want to see what you look like. You can’t be that secretive with them,” Shaikh said.  “If you know somebody, they’ll probably get in touch with someone from your place, whether you're American, Canadian or British. They’ll ask you what area you’re from, what scholars you know.”

Earlier this year, Al-Tamimi received a direct message on Twitter from a young American man eager to join ISIS. The man, who falsely believed Al-Tamimi was associated with the militants, said: “I want to go to Syria. Can you tell me how?”

Two links in the above news:

http://www.ibtimes.com/isis-twitter-facebook-account-james-foley-video-highlights-disturbing-effective-1660544
http://www.ibtimes.com/after-douglas-mcauthur-mccain-us-identifies-americans-fighting-isis-syria-using-social-1673168

Let's see what ELSE  Aymenn Jawad al-Tamimi has to say.

http://www.aymennjawad.org/16383/is-isis-islamic-and-other-foolish-debates

Like when he discusses is ISIS Muslim...

"Do they think we are Jewish now? lol," responded one ISIS fighter in Syria when asked for his thoughts on the current public debate about whether the Islamic State is actually Islamic. He went on to make an argument, as many of these fighters often do when interviewed, that not only is the Islamic State Islamic but it is the purest and most pristine form of Islam, the kind most in line with what God and His Prophet had intended all along. Another ISIS fighter from South Africa, when asked how he knew that the Islamic State was legitimate, remarked that "I just used my brain."

While statements by Abu Mus'ab al-Zarqawi, Osama bin Laden, Sayyid Qutb, and Wahhabi scholars can all be found in detail in ISIS documents and publications, there are also considerable documents citing opinion from the four schools of Islamic legal tradition. For example, in a statement distributed in the Fallujah area on offering prayers on Eid al-Adha and Eid al-Fitr, three differing categories of opinion are given on whether the prayers are obligatory, citing all four schools to illustrate the range. In other instances, the concept of ijmaa (consensus) among the Ahl al-'Ilm (theologians, jurists etc.) is stressed, such as in a Friday sermon for Ninawa province mosques on the division of the world into the abodes of Islam and disbelief.

One could go on, but it is in the realm of IS fatwas in particular – issued by its Diwan al-Eftaa wa al-Buhuth – where the impressive ability to find opinions from medieval jurists and theologians is laid bare. Many of them are unknown to most of the outside world, including contemporary Muslims. The best example is the fatwa ISIS issued to justify burning alive the Jordanian pilot, deemed an 'apostate'. Many were quick to say this practice is absolutely condemned in Islam, but ISIS cited Hanafi and Shafi'i jurist opinion to claim it is permissible, including specific citation of a 15th century Egyptian Shafi'i jurist.

So, Zakir, these learned scholars of ISIS would disagree fully with you on what Islam is and should be understood as. 

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 05:51:23 AM

"Learned scholars"? I know you are an islamaphobia. They don't even follow Islamic rules and claim they are Muslims which is stupic. Many of them aren't even "extremists" like you claim and also there are non-Muslins too. They don't have enough knowledge on Islam. Keep spreading false things to spread hatred. Undecided

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:50:46 AM

"Learned scholars"? I know you are an islamaphobia. They don't even follow Islamic rules and claim they are Muslims which is stupic. Many of them aren't even "extremists" like you claim and also there are non-Muslins too. They don't have enough knowledge on Islam. Keep spreading false things to spread hatred. Undecided

You are the one that quoted Aymenn Jawad al-Tamimi .

All I did was bring in some other of his writings.

The point is that they defend the burning alive of the prisoner with Islamic teachings.  It's right there, spelled out.
edward222

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:55:24 AM

Hope the next news report will be,

"ISIS waved the white flag, and the world will be now in peace".
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 08:58:05 AM

You are the one that quoted Aymenn Jawad al-Tamimi .

All I did was bring in some other of his writings.

The point is that they defend the burning alive of the prisoner with Islamic teachings.  It's right there, spelled out.

Burning a living being alive is forbidden in Islam. So I don't think I should tell punishment for burning a human being. No true Muslims should do it.

Edit:

It is not easy because of the help they get. First, their help should somehow be blocked.

edward222

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 09:38:32 AM

It is not easy because of the help they get. First, their help should somehow be blocked.

It's not easy, but its possible Smiley
neways, do you have any idea where do they get the help?
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 09:44:35 AM

It's not easy, but its possible Smiley
neways, do you have any idea where do they get the help?

Rich sympathetic people, mainly ones from Gulf countries.

█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 09:49:17 AM

ISIS will no be defeated easy if we dont start to do some more missions down there.
Ofc we have fighters bombing daily but there is too many psychos that keep joining them so they can keep up.

And if we succeed with getting ISIS down and killing them off..
Then it wont take long for a new group to pop up and start making damage again.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:08:35 PM

Probably they were tasked to capture that bloke for extracting information about his oil businesses but he died. As that information is still needed they captured the woman instead in hopes she know something about her husbands deals. I think they messed up this action and were unable to achieve their primary goal.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:46:06 PM

ISIS will no be defeated easy if we dont start to do some more missions down there.
Ofc we have fighters bombing daily but there is too many psychos that keep joining them so they can keep up.

ISIS will not be defeated because the CIA don't want them eliminated. The primary aim of the CIA is to overthrow Assad. ISIS is a useful tool against Assad. But ISIS needs to be limited in Iraq, as the American oil corporations are owning most of the oil wells there. That is why the US is conducting useless air-strikes, but not conducting any ground operations.
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:27:06 PM

ISIS will not be defeated because the CIA don't want them eliminated. The primary aim of the CIA is to overthrow Assad. ISIS is a useful tool against Assad. But ISIS needs to be limited in Iraq, as the American oil corporations are owning most of the oil wells there. That is why the US is conducting useless air-strikes, but not conducting any ground operations.

Hmm.. Kinda want to agree but again its a little conspiracy Sad

But CIA must be in on it some kind of way.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: