Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:54:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this normal? s5 board temperatures difference  (Read 2069 times)
chalkboard17 (OP)

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:29:22 PM

http://prntscr.com/762v8e

My first miner arrived yesterday. Bought from bitmain.
1300 supernova gold psu brand new
Air conditioner + 2 ceiling fans + 1 fan pointing straight to miner. Nothing else being run in the room.
Google temperature says 19c outside. I estimate no more than 14c inside
50mb internet
Already tried everything. Been like this since first start
Fan speed 3700 instead of 3000
All this after running for only 15 minutes. It gets worst as time goes on.

There are three things I want and should inform you all about this company/purchase but I don't want any trouble with bitmain so I will keep these out for now

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 09:26:12 PM

Normally a small difference will be ok but you got a big difference and your inside temp is really good.

You probably have bad thermal paste on 1 board.

RMA or do it your self with the MX-4 Thermal paste.  Wink

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 10:39:18 PM

First off find out what your ambient temperature is in the room you are mining in.

2nd run the miners and keep checking the temps while running and mining.

Temp 1 seems a little high temp 2 seems normal.

Maybe to change the direction of the unit try sitting it in different positions in where you are mining as sometimes better air flow will provide better temps. If your top temp is high and is one sided then sit it differently if the temps change and temp 2 goes hotter than temp 1 then this is a matter of controlling air flow correctly and need to sit it better. If theirs no change you could install as a option 2nd fan to the unit for push pull config and if that don't work then look to changing thermal paste on it.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
chalkboard17 (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:38:41 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2015, 08:16:39 PM by chalkboard17

Well I will leave this here in case this ever helps someone. Not creating a new topic nor doing it in a popular board because I don't want to make it seem I am bashing or being unfair to bitmain, but:

1) Bitmain refused to lower my invoice just because. Wouldn't cost them anything and nothing I would do made them change their minds. I pay a 108% import tax + fee.
2) Bitmain sent item with a HIGHER invoice than it actually cost, after I begged for a LOWER one.
3) Was going to buy used gear from bitmain USA but they suddenly started to ignore me, even though they were the ones who offered it
4) Machine had some dust
5) Outrageous 14c warmer board #1. Board #2 was normal
6) Sent them email regarding this problem to what they replied is "something normal and nothing wrong"

Due to these reasons, specially invoice one, I will not buy from them again and don't recommend.
This is what happens on a monopoly. We need some competition here.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
                  ███       ▀▀        
                          ███         
               ███           ▀▀       
                     ███              
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 10:53:00 PM

Well I will leave this here in case this ever helps someone. Not creating a new topic nor doing it in a popular board because I don't want to make it seem I am bashing or being unfair to bitmain, but:

1) Bitmain refused to lower my invoice just because. Wouldn't cost them anything and nothing I would do made them change their minds. I pay a 108% import tax + fee.
2) Bitmain sent item with a HIGHER invoice than it actually cost, after I begged for a LOWER one.
3) Was going to buy used gear from bitmain USA but they suddenly started to ignore me, even though they were the ones who offered it
4) Machine had some dust
6) Sent them email regarding this problem to what they replied is "something normal and nothing wrong"

Due to these reasons, specially invoice one, I will not buy from them again and don't recommend.

Well if your not prepared to actually get down to inspecting it and changing then nothing much anyone can do . At least try some of the other options. Begging you wont get anywhere if you want cheaper wait for price to come down. If wanted to buy 2nd hand then why not go ebay or local places or even on here to buy equipment. Most machines will have some dust in it due to burn in test for a few hours to make sure units working before shipping.

If your units faulty I would give them a full brake down of what is going on what's happened and for a solution to be provided. Simplest solution  if you know how to is tear down the unit bit by bit and replace the compound could simply get dried up on sending out or just bad batch. When I got my Avalon from Avalon this was caked in it like icing on it cleaned up and worked fine. 1x S1 antminer had temps like yours took apart found that the paste was not evenly distributed across the board. Meaning this could of been due to production line running low on compound or it had ran out they inspected sent out and not noticed it. Something like this is a simple fix. And again could also be airflow too. Changed my units around 8 times in my room before finding optimal temps for all units on. So if you not prepared to do anything even tho you should not have to but sometimes have to then good luck in resolving your problem.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:03:18 PM

4) Machine had some dust

Well if your not prepared to actually get down to inspecting it and changing then nothing much anyone can do . At least try some of the other options. Begging you wont get anywhere if you want cheaper wait for price to come down. If wanted to buy 2nd hand then why not go ebay or local places or even on here to buy equipment. Most machines will have some dust in it due to burn in test for a few hours to make sure units working before shipping.

If your units faulty I would give them a full brake down of what is going on what's happened and for a solution to be provided. Simplest solution  if you know how to is tear down the unit bit by bit and replace the compound could simply get dried up on sending out or just bad batch. When I got my Avalon from Avalon this was caked in it like icing on it cleaned up and worked fine. 1x S1 antminer had temps like yours took apart found that the paste was not evenly distributed across the board. Meaning this could of been due to production line running low on compound or it had ran out they inspected sent out and not noticed it. Something like this is a simple fix. And again could also be airflow too. Changed my units around 8 times in my room before finding optimal temps for all units on. So if you not prepared to do anything even tho you should not have to but sometimes have to then good luck in resolving your problem.

I think 1 + 2 are what is making you the maddest most likely.   You should have asked on here and we could have told you it would have a legit invoice.  Big companies are not going to risk doing possibly illegal actions of making a smaller invoice.

I think it's sad this caused you a bad experience with mining.  That is not what any of us ever want someone to have. 

Instead of blaming Bitmain on tax though you should really blame your government.  Bitmain did not put that import taxes there they did.
chalkboard17 (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:41:21 PM

notlist3d, I don't blame bitmain for my corrupt government. I only wanted something that would cost them nothing, instead they did the opposite. I now only buy used hardware from the forum. Here's my current thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1063753.0

Crazyearner, first, I didn't beg anything. I misexpressed myself where I meant I asked many times, even offering to pay. Second, I didn't ask for a lower price, but a lower declared price on invoice. Third, this unit is brand new. If you buy a brand new car you expect it to leave the store working, not having to change the tires or something else.
I managed to decrease the difference to 8c instead of 14c myself. I will eventually check for further and more advanced options as I get more experience.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
                  ███       ▀▀        
                          ███         
               ███           ▀▀       
                     ███              
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:49:04 PM

4) Machine had some dust

If your units faulty I would give them a full brake down of what is going on what's happened and for a solution to be provided. Simplest solution  if you know how to is tear down the unit bit by bit and replace the compound could simply get dried up on sending out or just bad batch. When I got my Avalon from Avalon this was caked in it like icing on it cleaned up and worked fine. 1x S1 antminer had temps like yours took apart found that the paste was not evenly distributed across the board. Meaning this could of been due to production line running low on compound or it had ran out they inspected sent out and not noticed it. Something like this is a simple fix. And again could also be airflow too. Changed my units around 8 times in my room before finding optimal temps for all units on. So if you not prepared to do anything even tho you should not have to but sometimes have to then good luck in resolving your problem.
First, I didn't beg anything. I misexpressed myself where I meant I asked many times, even offering to pay. Second, I didn't ask for a lower price, but a lower declared price on invoice. Third, this unit is brand new. If you buy a brand new car you expect it to leave the store working, not having to change the tires or something else.
I managed to decrease the difference to 8c instead of 14c myself. I will eventually check for further and more advanced options as I get more experience.

To be honest indeed should not have to do as what needing but sometimes unlikely events happen and unfortunate you got a bad unit. You could follow this video is for the s3 so maybe very simula layout or same in aspect of chips and heat shield and screws https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pby_OjVJ9Q Simple process of unscrew and pull off clean up old paste and and some new on unit to chips and add heat shiled back on

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 12:33:48 AM

4) Machine had some dust

I think 1 + 2 are what is making you the maddest most likely.   You should have asked on here and we could have told you it would have a legit invoice.  Big companies are not going to risk doing possibly illegal actions of making a smaller invoice.

I think it's sad this caused you a bad experience with mining.  That is not what any of us ever want someone to have. 

Instead of blaming Bitmain on tax though you should really blame your government.  Bitmain did not put that import taxes there they did.

We did  Undecided

I am not asking for discount or anything, just instead of declaring a miner for example $350 just say it actually cost $30 so I can fight back against this theft done by government mafia. I'd still pay same price to seller.

+ government will overtax, meaning it will raise the value based on tax regardless of being changed or not. They will just assume everyone does so.

Yeah, no.

Your best bet is cloud mining if import duties are so high.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:20:08 AM

notlist3d, I don't blame bitmain for my corrupt government. I only wanted something that would cost them nothing, instead they did the opposite. I now only buy used hardware from the forum. Here's my current thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1063753.0

Crazyearner, first, I didn't beg anything. I misexpressed myself where I meant I asked many times, even offering to pay. Second, I didn't ask for a lower price, but a lower declared price on invoice. Third, this unit is brand new. If you buy a brand new car you expect it to leave the store working, not having to change the tires or something else.

I'm not meaning to be mean or anything of the sort.  But a legal company will not falsify shipping documents.   They will not commit a crime to lower the cost of the unit.

Will you find individuals who might do this?  Most likely you will find someone in used who will.  But you should never expect it from a company.

It looks like Dogie pointed out that this was mentioned before your order, I'm surprised you ordered after being told it was going to be written with correct and legal invoice.

I had forgot but I also suggested a different way aswell:

For the past entire weekend I researched on the subject but didn't have much success. I live in Brazil and import tax is 65% + 18% state tax + 6% VAT + wrong usd conversion + courier fees + government will overtax, meaning it will raise the value based on tax regardless of being changed or not. They will just assume everyone does so.
All in all, import tax wouldn't be less than 120%, at minimum. Meaning I buy a miner for me and luckly one miner and half for my corrupt government. If you were unsatisfied with your 15% import tax, guess how do I feel with my tax.

Look into hosting centers without the taxes.  With that amount of taxes it kills any chance of ROI.

I love to have asics by me and able to play with but with tax like that it's just not going to be possible.  There are lots of hosting centers with no import tax.
chalkboard17 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:21:25 AM

Dogie, that quote has nothing to do with bitmain. I already was aware they wouldn't help me at the time and even had paid them already. I was looking for other people or companies to sell me with lowered invoice. I wasn't asking whether bitmain lowered or not.

crazyearner, thanks for the video. I will definitely try further options on improving my mining performance. I have a few ideas in mind such as tunneling air conditioner straight into fan and having something vac the hot air out. Has anyone ever done such thing before?
I will also have the chips checked for thermal paste by this week, better take it slowly than screw up. Has anyone ever thought or already removed the side edges? The ones who have printed BITMAIN and ANTMINER. I think more air should flow if that is done. I remember we used to do that on computers before 1999.

This is what I currently have: http://prntscr.com/76tnu3
21c temperature outside according to google + air conditioner + 1 ceiling fan. Estimate 17c in room.
What do you guys think?

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
                  ███       ▀▀        
                          ███         
               ███           ▀▀       
                     ███              
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:59:06 AM

http://prntscr.com/762v8e

My first miner arrived yesterday. Bought from bitmain.
1300 supernova gold psu brand new
Air conditioner + 2 ceiling fans + 1 fan pointing straight to miner. Nothing else being run in the room.
Google temperature says 19c outside. I estimate no more than 14c inside
50mb internet
Already tried everything. Been like this since first start
Fan speed 3700 instead of 3000
All this after running for only 15 minutes. It gets worst as time goes on.

There are three things I want and should inform you all about this company/purchase but I don't want any trouble with bitmain so I will keep these out for now

~50c is a normal temp for these..
im guessing the 38c one is a bad temp chip.

i wouldnt worry about it. it seems to run ok?

chalkboard17 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:12:33 AM

One of them is hotter than the other. Not an abysmal difference, but definitely noticeable if you touch the metal part that protects the chips. Judging from the time I can bear touching each I would guess it in fact is a 8-9c difference, which was what my panel was indicating at the time.
Like I said, I will have to check thermal paste eventually.

Don't know if this makes any difference, but take a look at my alluminum parts. Seems different from everyone's else. The blades are touching.
http://prntscr.com/76u34v
http://prntscr.com/76u387
I also have 2 chips on each board without its metal parts, like all others. Don't know if this is normal.

Let me know what you think.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
                  ███       ▀▀        
                          ███         
               ███           ▀▀       
                     ███              
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:54:52 AM

One of them is hotter than the other. Not an abysmal difference, but definitely noticeable if you touch the metal part that protects the chips. Judging from the time I can bear touching each I would guess it in fact is a 8-9c difference, which was what my panel was indicating at the time.
Like I said, I will have to check thermal paste eventually.

Don't know if this makes any difference, but take a look at my alluminum parts. Seems different from everyone's else. The blades are touching.
http://prntscr.com/76u34v
http://prntscr.com/76u387
I also have 2 chips on each board without its metal parts, like all others. Don't know if this is normal.

take a pic if the exposed chips.

also looks like you got one with the s3 heat sinks.

still if it doesnt exceed 50c by much you should be ok.

chalkboard17 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:10:29 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 03:37:10 AM by chalkboard17

So you think they put s3 material on my s5? If they did that, some people still bash me for expecting minimum decent customer treatment... No wonder companies are like that if customers like it.

Here is the requested picture. You can see the gold thing. Each board has 28 chips protected with metal stuff and 2 unprotected.
http://prntscr.com/76ugc1
http://prntscr.com/76ulzu
Let me know if this is normal. I don't wanna say unfair or untrue about them or anyone else.

Remember I am in southern hemisphere so it's almost winter. I am on an air conditioned room with 1 ceiling fan at the time of last picture of my panel. It was night time.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
                  ███       ▀▀        
                          ███         
               ███           ▀▀       
                     ███              
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:29:10 AM

So you think they put s3 material on my s5? If they did that, some people still bash me for expecting minimum decent customer treatment... No wonder companies are like that if customers like it.

Here is the requested picture. You can see the gold thing. Each board has 28 chips protected with metal stuff and 2 unprotected.
http://prntscr.com/76ugc1
http://prntscr.com/76ulzu
Let me know if this is normal. I don't wanna say unfair or untrue about them or anyone else.

Remember I am in southern hemisphere so it's almost winter. I am on an air conditioned room with 1 ceiling fan at the time of last picture of my panel. It was night time.

my s5 doesnt have those gold heat sinks..

i think the first ones had the s3 heatsinks, and then they switched to the flat ones later. or it could be the other way around.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:08:25 AM

I am absolutely sure that mining is not for you.

Your S5 is nothing wrong . Only a little bit wrong  showing  temperature sensor.  My one S5  sensor  showe  zero, But the miner himself worked properly.

This is normal.
I purchased 35x S5, none of them has these small radiators.

i think the first ones had the s3 heatsinks, and then they switched to the flat ones later. or it could be the other way around.

Half of my S5 had the flat ones heatsinks  and   Half of my S3 had the flat ones heatsinks.
S3/S3+ and S5 radiators is exactly the same.  Even the same size and the same weight.

.... Third, this unit is brand new. If you buy a brand new car you expect it to leave the store working, not having to change the tires or something else.

Compare the things that are comparable in price.
If you buy  a new car  for 500 USD , I doubt that  there are  tires, probably the only wooden wheels.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:15:07 AM

I am absolutely sure that mining is not for you.

Your S5 is nothing wrong . Only a little bit wrong  showing  temperature sensor.  My one S5  sensor  showe  zero, But the miner himself worked properly.

This is normal.
I purchased 35x S5, none of them has these small radiators.

Half of my S5 had the flat ones heatsinks  and   Half of my S3 had the flat ones heatsinks.
S3/S3+ and S5 radiators is exactly the same.  Even the same size and the same weight.

.... Third, this unit is brand new. If you buy a brand new car you expect it to leave the store working, not having to change the tires or something else.

If you buy  a new car  for 500 USD , I doubt that  there are  tires, probably the only wooden wheels.

I think OP is seeing red from the import taxes. (I could be wrong).  But I think hes looking for something wrong with having to pay a very high import tax.

I think the miner is hashing good and at spec... that is a win for most.   Would it be better if both temps were closer... sure.

But as long as it has the one that shows around 50 it has a accurate way to get the temp.  This is important as it can detect if to hot and shutdown trying to prevent damage.  If both temperatures were off then yes could lead to a issue down the road.  But one right and hashing I saw go with it and let it mine.
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 08:34:55 PM

Seeing them small tiny heat shields on units does look different compared to other batches maybe a new way in reducing weight and better heat spread but I would be looking into iver re doing the paste or try setting the units up and position them differently to see if makes difference in temperatures or to add a 2nd fan to the unit.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
chalkboard17 (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:42:55 PM

Bitmain sold me used and faulty product. Some people don't care and mock because it's "other people's money". Guess I have to be "glad" it's hashing fine at least, even though fan is always on max (4000+rpm) due to the faulty temperature board. I already tried everything, and I will just leave it this way now.
I will not buy from them anymore. I wasn't going to anyway since they don't lower invoice declared price (and increase it actually)

Yeah, fine. Let's see how you'd react if you have dinner out with bad food and they reply to you: "But sir, this dinner only cost you $100. You have to understand you can only complain about $20k+ stuff such as actual cars."

Thanks for those who tried to help me.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
                  ███       ▀▀        
                          ███         
               ███           ▀▀       
                     ███              
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 08:22:04 PM

Bitmain sold me used and faulty product. Some people don't care and mock because it's "other people's money". Guess I have to be "glad" it's hashing fine at least, even though fan is always on max (4000+rpm) due to the faulty temperature board. I already tried everything, and I will just leave it this way now.
I will not buy from them anymore. I wasn't going to anyway since they don't lower invoice declared price (and increase it actually)

Yeah, fine. Let's see how you'd react if you have dinner out with bad food and they reply to you: "But sir, this dinner only cost you $100. You have to understand you can only complain about $20k+ stuff such as actual cars."

Thanks for those who tried to help me.

I think your lower temp is faulty.  The higher temp of 50 is much more normal on S5 running.  They do run hot unless a cold ambient. 

The fan running on S5 running high rpm is not uncommon.  In fact some add a second fan with heat.

No matter what still wish you best of luck mining.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7862

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 10:27:50 PM

50 c is fine.

I have threads on modding the fan.  the stock fan is nut job loud

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
professor21

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:21:17 PM

I'm going to try to restore the factory settings or original firmware with a raspberry serial-USB connector.  I wonder if thermal paste or additional fans will lengthen the life of the s3. 
they were selling an s5 also at a higher price of arount 400USD 2nd hand but do you think the bitcoin prices might fall to 0 with all of the negative news?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:00:59 AM

I'm going to try to restore the factory settings or original firmware with a raspberry serial-USB connector.  I wonder if thermal paste or additional fans will lengthen the life of the s3. 
they were selling an s5 also at a higher price of arount 400USD 2nd hand but do you think the bitcoin prices might fall to 0 with all of the negative news?

If it's working I would not mess with it on a S3.  It has two very nice fan's and honestly is built tough like a tank.   Just no reason to redo paste if it's working.

I personally would buy S5 direct from bitmain and not second hand unless you get a huge deal the warranty is nice to have. 

And on price that really goes in speculation.  Needless to say those of us who are mining obviously think it is going to be a good investment not go to zero.  And honestly it would take a LOT to go to zero almost impossible.   I don't foresee this happening.   I think were slowly on a upswing on price.  It's been a good summer.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: