Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:18:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Green Energy. DIY and other stuff.  (Read 1313 times)
toddtervy

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 05:17:33 PM

In my opinion, the real green energy is the nuclear energy. It involves no deforestation (unlike hydro-power), no CO2 emissions (unlike thermal energy) and it is extremely cheap compared to solar, tidal, geothermal, and wind energy. Still it is ironic that the people who oppose nuclear energy the most are the self-declared "Greens".

Well, the only problem is the waste..

The best thing would be throw it onto a rocket and fly it into the sun.

It is not economical to transport all the nuclear waste to outer space. IMO, the best idea would be to contain all the waste in giant lead containers, and then dump them to some uninhabited and remote region. They can be dumped in the uninhabited regions of the Sahara, can be dumped in the Mariana Trench, or they can be even dumped in underground mines, which are more than 10,000 m deep.

Never in the ocean if a leak should happen..

But yes.. Abandoned mines could be good.
But still its not a solution that can last that  long again :/

IMO the best solution for nuclear power is thorium and breeder reactors. Problem is the the tech for these reactors gets too close to weaponization I think... which is why we haven't seen them. Or entrenched interests.

The ocean is real big, don't be suprised if there's some 'accidents' if the cost of alternative solutions becomes too high.

Get off my c@ck !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nowi

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 06:21:55 PM

I don't have problem with green energy, its good think, but what mading me mad is one thing-Sponsoring solar panels by EU. Many good fields were destroyed becaouse someone got rich by this. But if you have few at your home I dont have problem with it.

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 06:53:43 PM

In my opinion, the real green energy is the nuclear energy. It involves no deforestation (unlike hydro-power), no CO2 emissions (unlike thermal energy) and it is extremely cheap compared to solar, tidal, geothermal, and wind energy. Still it is ironic that the people who oppose nuclear energy the most are the self-declared "Greens".

Well, the only problem is the waste..

The best thing would be throw it onto a rocket and fly it into the sun.

It is not economical to transport all the nuclear waste to outer space. IMO, the best idea would be to contain all the waste in giant lead containers, and then dump them to some uninhabited and remote region. They can be dumped in the uninhabited regions of the Sahara, can be dumped in the Mariana Trench, or they can be even dumped in underground mines, which are more than 10,000 m deep.

Re read what you said earlier about balancing the bad and the good of a solar panel solution versus something else. Now google how a solar panel is made. Any waste created? And if yes how easy it is to recylce that waste made from creating solar panels? Once a better solar panel is created what becomes of the old solar panels? Any land disturbed?Any animal displaced? The same for those batteries people love in their Tesla cars... Any rare earth material used to create those batteries? Use google. For at least 2 hrs. Read. Learn. And please come back and tell us what you've learn YOURSELF about the balanced act of the good and the bad regarding the solar panel solutions we have right now. From A to Z: how are those panels made and who makes them and at what cost for their employees, nature, etc, etc.

Of course graphene is on the horizon so as soon as we will be able to make km and km of graphene for pennies then the concept of a massive fossil fuel need will vanish. The nuclear solution will still be a valid one though, as the cheapest green energy available.

Come back with a new thread and call it "Green Energy. DIY and other stuff. THE SEQUEL" or something so I remember clicking on it.

P.S.:  try to use https://www.google.com/ and not the one automatically assigned to your country, language, etc.

Smiley

Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:55:09 AM

Inside the world of green energy, solar panels are the worst expensive and inefficient way for it. Check the Practical Guide to Free Energy Devices on Google, there you will find lots of interesting projects: Magnet motors, Gravity systems, HHO cells, Pulsed Systems... If you want a nice DIY you should check this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Pelqzqd_Y&list=PLVa8_JURRrbQtPf5qUANPYlBwfso2-WLu&index=4

Sorry for the language
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:09:16 AM

Inside the world of green energy, solar panels are the worst expensive and inefficient way for it. Check the Practical Guide to Free Energy Devices on Google, there you will find lots of interesting projects: Magnet motors, Gravity systems, HHO cells, Pulsed Systems... If you want a nice DIY you should check this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Pelqzqd_Y&list=PLVa8_JURRrbQtPf5qUANPYlBwfso2-WLu&index=4

Sorry for the language

That video was really cool. How big of a machine would one need to recharge a phone I wonder.

Nowi

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 06:10:17 PM

I don't have problem with green energy, its good think, but what mading me mad is one thing-Sponsoring solar panels by EU. Many good fields were destroyed becaouse someone got rich by this. But if you have few at your home I dont have problem with it.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:18:09 PM

Sorry for the language

That video was really cool. How big of a machine would one need to recharge a phone I wonder.

I don't know but think about the possibilities with trains.  Just set a car tire and wheel up to swing in against the side of the train when it goes by, and hook to a generator. 

Free Power!

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:21:54 PM

There are certain mines, which are more than 10,000 meters deep. If you seal the nuclear waste inside giant lead containers, they will remain safe for many millions of years (unless some extreme event such as a volcanic eruption occurs in the vicinity). The amount of waste generated from the nuclear power plants are minuscule, when compared to the other power plants. So if the disposal is done properly, there is nothing to worry about.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:40:06 PM

Sorry for the language

That's NOT green energy.  That's Free Energy, which is different.  Green Energy is expensive and inefficient.

Free energy is actually the goal toward which Green Energy strives - for any amount of money spent, the energy production is zero.  One day, Green Energy may mesh with Free Energy.  We long for the day when we shall be Free of Green.
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:20:57 PM

Unfortunately I don't have green energy at my home
but my uncle's friend was working on a project to generate electricity from sunlight.
this is a good invention
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: