Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 7069 times)
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 11:37:06 PM

I don't mean hemp seed oil, I mean use the whole plant to make cannabis biodeisel.  I've read hemp is good for biodeisel but fully flowered plants will give you more energy. 

Biodiesel is made from oil.

Triglycerides + alcohol (+catalyst) --> fatty acid ester (biodiesel) + glycerol (+catalyst)

alcohol is usually methanol but could be ethanol.
catalyst can be NaOH or KOH, but more advanced catalysts might work better. Calcium hydroxide or calcium ethoxide or even some solid acids are being researched. Solid catalysts make the separation easier.

There is also a guy out there trying to sell a variant of this process:

Tryglyceride + 2 ethyl acetate --> 2 fatty acid ester + fatty acid glycerol diacetate

Which is a monophasic mixture, thus gives no waste product (glycerol in the usual synthesis). This mix has lower energy content than traditional biodiesel, so the easier production has a tradeoff, which is why it has not been adopted.

To bring this back on topic, you need the seeds to make biodiesel, but you do not get seeds if you harvest flowers.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 11:47:43 PM

I don't mean hemp seed oil, I mean use the whole plant to make cannabis biodeisel.  I've read hemp is good for biodeisel but fully flowered plants will give you more energy. 

Biodiesel is made from oil.

Triglycerides + alcohol (+catalyst) --> fatty acid ester (biodiesel) + glycerol (+catalyst)

alcohol is usually methanol but could be ethanol.
catalyst can be NaOH or KOH, but more advanced catalysts might work better. Calcium hydroxide or calcium ethoxide or even some solid acids are being researched. Solid catalysts make the separation easier.

There is also a guy out there trying to sell a variant of this process:

Tryglyceride + 2 ethyl acetate --> 2 fatty acid ester + fatty acid glycerol diacetate

Which is a monophasic mixture, thus gives no waste product (glycerol in the usual synthesis). This mix has lower energy content than traditional biodiesel, so the easier production has a tradeoff, which is why it has not been adopted.

To bring this back on topic, you need the seeds to make biodiesel, but you do not get seeds if you harvest flowers.
Perhaps I was thinking hemp ethanol.  I don't know for sure how flowers would affect it, but what someone said, about it increasing the amount of energy, makes sense.  Getting high is a transfer of energy from the plant, after all.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:11:01 AM

Getting high is a transfer of energy from the plant, after all.

Your body, interestingly, has cannabinoid receptors.  It has been suggested that cannabis is the cause of mankind changing from an ape to a human.  It has also been suggested that cannabis is the inspiration for humans believing in god.

Whether either of those suggestions is is true or not it certainly is interesting that the human body has cannabinoid receptors (cb1 and cb2) and that cannabis is the only plant known to produce cannabinoids.  We should all wonder "why do we have receptors for cannabinoids" in our bodies.
I'm pretty sure all animals have cannabinoid receptors, I know my fish does, works as a medicine on him too.  I agree, there's a few other chemicals that probably played a role in that, as well.

I never believed in god until altering my conscience (over time).

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
chrisrico

Activity: 496

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:47:21 AM

No. No it is not. It has certain chemicals which react interestingly with your brain.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:48:55 AM

No. No it is not. It has certain chemicals which react interestingly with your brain.
It's both.

nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:56:24 AM

It's both.
Do you know what "energy" actually is?
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:07:05 AM

It's both.
Do you?

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:13:47 AM

It's both.
Do you?
Yes.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:14:34 AM

It's both.
Do you?
Yes.
What is it?

bitcoinbear

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:18:16 AM

It's both.

It requires chemical energy for the plant to make the chemicals, so there is a small amount of energy transfered. The amount of energy is quite small. The affect of the drug is due to interactions with receptors, not because of the energy in the chemical.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
chrisrico

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:24:11 AM

It requires chemical energy for the plant to make the chemicals, so there is a small amount of energy transfered. The amount of energy is quite small. The affect of the drug is due to interactions with receptors, not because of the energy in the chemical.

Just FYI, you're talking to someone who thinks that cancer comes from thinking negative thoughts. How people trust him with their money is a mystery to me.
nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:25:04 AM

It's both.
Do you?
Yes.
What is it?
Why are you dodging the question? I asked you first.
Energy is classically defined as "the ability to do work." I'd further define doing work as "causing a change." Obviously, you're going to jump on that and say "being high is a change, ah-ha!" Something as primitive as energy, however, is difficult to define; don't pull a MNW.

Now, being high is a change. A very small amount of chemical energy is required to create this change in the brain. If you feel "strong" or "energetic" or something along those lines while high, though, that's not due to an influx of energy (let's abstract energy at least as far as ATP, thanks); it's simply the THC altering your perception.

Going back to the original quote, "Getting high is a transfer of energy from the plant" now. That statement is largely incorrect. Getting high is your feelings, emotions, and perceptions being altered due to the reactions in your brain which use or release a small amount of energy. The use of the word 'transfer' implies you can use the energy transferred. You can't.
bitcoinbear

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:33:42 AM

Just FYI, you're talking to someone who thinks that cancer comes from thinking negative thoughts. How people trust him with their money is a mystery to me.

I know who I am talking to, I really don't expect him to understand more than half what I say, but for some reason I say it anyway. I also find it mysterious that anybody would trust him with a computer, let alone money.

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:35:21 AM

It's both.
Do you?
Yes.
What is it?
Energy is classically defined as "the ability to do work." I'd further define doing work as "causing a change." Obviously, you're going to jump on that and say "being high is a change, ah-ha!" Something as primitive as energy, however, is difficult to define; don't pull a MNW.

Now, being high is a change. A very small amount of chemical energy is required to create this change in the brain. If you feel "strong" or "energetic" or something along those lines while high, though, that's not due to an influx of energy (let's abstract energy at least as far as ATP, thanks); it's simply the THC altering your perception.

Going back to the original quote, "Getting high is a transfer of energy from the plant" now. That statement is largely incorrect. Getting high is your feelings, emotions, and perceptions being altered due to the reactions in your brain which use or release a small amount of energy. The use of the word 'transfer' implies you can use the energy transferred. You can't.
Thanks for inaccurately answering for me.  I'm not arguing about what energy is, I'm just saying the energy from the earth/universe is released into your brain when you smoke weed, no matter how small of amount.

Scientific proof backs up my claim that sickness is caused by a weak soul, where's your evidence?

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:38:06 AM

It's both.
Do you?
Yes.
What is it?

Thanks for inaccurately answering for me.  I'm not arguing about what energy is, I'm just saying the energy from the earth/universe is released into your brain when you smoke weed, no matter how small of amount.

You're also claiming that the small amount of energy causes the high, which is incorrect.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:39:26 AM

It's both.
Do you?
Yes.
What is it?

You're also claiming that the small amount of energy causes the high, which is incorrect.
No, I said it's a transfer of energy.

Sorry Viceroy, just trying to clear up misinformation regarding cannabis.

chrisrico

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:45:08 AM

Scientific proof backs up my claim that sickness is caused by a weak soul

I'd like to see your scientific proof.

where's your evidence?

I have made no claims, what should I show you evidence of exactly?

edit... Viceroy, sorry for the off topic posts, but what the fuck, how could I not respond to this?
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:59:34 AM

Scientific proof backs up my claim that sickness is caused by a weak soul

I'd like to see your scientific proof.

where's your evidence?

I have made no claims, what should I show you evidence of exactly?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2594498/

You inferred that cancer is not caused by negativity, a week soul.  I'm not saying faith in religion will heal you, I'm saying faith in yourself.

If you really want evidence, all you have to do is think, within yourself.  If life is what you perceive to be real, what you believe, if you perceive that you're dying, you're going to die.  If you believe that you're healthy, by having a healthy soul, you won't.

Remember, everything happens for a reason, after all.

kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 01:59:37 AM

Scientific proof backs up my claim that sickness is caused by a weak soul, where's your evidence?

What?

How can you have scientific proof that someone has a "weak soul"?

People like you are where all these ridiculous stoner stereotypes come from.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 02:00:25 AM

It's both.
Do you?
Yes.
What is it?

No, I said it's a transfer of energy.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: