Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:50:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sawdice the New Age of Dice - Let's play a game.  (Read 27017 times)
sawdice (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 06:46:15 PM

We will provide our cold storage wallet in few days.

Did this happen yet? It has been 10 days since you wrote that.

i think so when they went offline without any communication that made it more complicated for players to keep trust on it, they have to explain what is the reason of this suddenly went to offline, if they have valid reason for this than they can grow their business with good ways.

You are right but complicated is an understatement here is no redemption here imo, what they done was easily avoided with a simple post on the day of going offline with the of refunds before. Even if they show cold storage which they won't what does it matter, I would not trust them and anyone that does is asking for trouble.

yeah, theres already plenty of well established and trusted dice sites in this industry already, after an incident like this I doubt they can make a comeback and earn people' trust. If they do, its going to take a lot of advertising and time.

After launching the site we discovered some flaws in it, also we found out that the provably fair system is not 100% fair and it's not good to let people play in such unfair condition, so we took the website down till we fix the problems.
it wasn't supposed to be down all that time but it's happened and it will be up again in 3 days AT MOST.

★ ★ ▄▀▄ ★ ★ https://www.sawdice.com/★ ★ ▄▀▄ ★ ★

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 06:48:08 PM

After launching the site we discovered some flaws in it, also we found out that the provably fair system is not 100% fair and it's not good to let people play in such unfair condition, so we took the website down till we fix the problems.
it wasn't supposed to be down all that time but it's happened and it will be up again in 3 days AT MOST.

Okay, so what about the cold storage verification you were supposed to provide? You've still failed to provide any proof of that and you're currently just under a week late on it. Even if your website is down, you should still be able to provide proof of your cold storage - so what is causing the delay, may I ask?

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 06:51:14 PM

Okay, so what about the cold storage verification you were supposed to provide? You've still failed to provide any proof of that and you're currently just under a week late on it. Even if your website is down, you should still be able to provide proof of your cold storage - so what is causing the delay, may I ask?

Agreed, there is no reason for the delay in proof of cold storage; simply posting a signed address on here should suffice. You don't need a working site to do that, just the wallet that holds your site's funds.

A lot of doubt should disappear when this is done.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
sawdice (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 07:43:23 PM

We will provide everything including the cold storage verification the minute we announce the site back . just few more days and then you can see for yourself.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 07:46:52 PM

We will provide everything including the cold storage verification the minute we announce the site back . just few more days and then u can see for yourself.

Okay then, that's your choice. My negative feedback will be staying on until you actually verify your cold storage, as by now it just reeks of untrustworthiness. There is absolutely zero reason you should still be withholding it when all you have to do is sign a message, the website being down does not prevent you from doing that. Unless you're extremely lazy.

sawdice (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 09:44:55 PM

We will provide everything including the cold storage verification the minute we announce the site back . just few more days and then u can see for yourself.

Okay then, that's your choice. My negative feedback will be staying on until you actually verify your cold storage, as by now it just reeks of untrustworthiness. There is absolutely zero reason you should still be withholding it when all you have to do is sign a message, the website being down does not prevent you from doing that. Unless you're extremely lazy.

Fair enough.

opossum

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:13:33 PM

We will provide everything including the cold storage verification the minute we announce the site back . just few more days and then you can see for yourself.

I don't understand the need to lie and say you are going to do something and not do it  Huh Few more days and we hear nothing, if I am honest that is not really to much of a surprise but what is curious is you say that you will verify your cold storage address when you won't. Why not just say no instead of the pretence, anyway hopefully there isn't much players playing at sawdice because you are acting shady.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

sawdice (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 08:20:35 PM

I don't understand the need to lie and say you are going to do something and not do it  Huh Few more days and we hear nothing, if I am honest that is not really to much of a surprise but what is curious is you say that you will verify your cold storage address when you won't. Why not just say no instead of the pretence, anyway hopefully there isn't much players playing at sawdice because you are acting shady.

There isn't much players playing at Sawdice right now because the site is down as we mentioned to fix the problems, because we don't want players to play at Sawdice until we fix it.

I dunno what is everyone's intentions, but if we were scaming why would i bother replying in the first place.

opossum

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 08:26:35 PM

There isn't much players playing at Sawdice right now because the site is down as we mentioned to fix the problems, because we don't want players to play at Sawdice until we fix it.

I dunno what is everyone's intentions, but if we were scaming why would i bother replying in the first place.

Like I said the thing that is making you look like you are planning a scam is not keeping to your word about showing cold storage. If you did manage to keep to your word and prove you own the funds you claim then that would be a good start. Intentions from most people here is to find the truth and get the truth to minimise any potential losses anyone might have. Why is a signed message taking so long? You could just be honest and say you don't own what you claimed to have.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 08:29:54 PM

I don't understand the need to lie and say you are going to do something and not do it  Huh Few more days and we hear nothing, if I am honest that is not really to much of a surprise but what is curious is you say that you will verify your cold storage address when you won't. Why not just say no instead of the pretence, anyway hopefully there isn't much players playing at sawdice because you are acting shady.

Like I said the thing that is making you look like you are planning a scam is not keeping to your word about showing cold storage. If you did manage to keep to your word and prove you own the funds you claim then that would be a good start. Intentions from most people here is to find the truth and get the truth to minimise any potential losses anyone might have. Why is a signed message taking so long? You could just be honest and say you don't own what you claimed to have.
as stated earlier, you dont need a working dice site to prove your cold wallet funds. my negative feedback will be staying until a signed message is provided as well. It takes around 15 seconds to make a signed message with today's date on it, I think you can spare 15 seconds from "fixing your site" to prove to everyone you arent a scam.

sawdice (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 08:37:57 PM

Don't worry tomorrow by this time the site will be up again and the cold storage wallet will be provided.

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1074

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:10:30 PM

Don't worry tomorrow by this time the site will be up again and the cold storage wallet will be provided.

That's good to hear and that'll be good to see.  It's unforunate that there's been so many scams that people have to be cautious about giving negative reputation---however, given the history here, it makes sense.  Nevertheless, I, for one, will be happy to see you clear your name if you're really providing a legit service.
sawdice (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 09:29:01 PM

That's good to hear and that'll be good to see.  It's unforunate that there's been so many scams that people have to be cautious about giving negative reputation---however, given the history here, it makes sense.  Nevertheless, I, for one, will be happy to see you clear your name if you're really providing a legit service.

We've been going through a lot of unfortunate incidences which caused all that problem, and believe me the only one who lose from all that downtime was us.

kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 01:17:38 PM

Start did not work out. If even now you do everything as it should be, it will be very difficult to rebuild trust.

It certainly will be a good lesson for all those who think run such a service.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 07:58:34 PM

It is approximately 45 minutes away from "tomorrow by this time", and the cold storage wallet has still not been provided on this thread. I'm starting to wonder if you're ever going to actually come up with it at this point, as you've delayed it, and delayed it, and delayed it.

sawdice (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 08:18:04 PM

It is approximately 45 minutes away from "tomorrow by this time", and the cold storage wallet has still not been provided on this thread. I'm starting to wonder if you're ever going to actually come up with it at this point, as you've delayed it, and delayed it, and delayed it.

It's a shame that the site will not be up today, it will have to take 2 more days .But you gotta know that we gained nothing from this delaying.

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:22:17 PM

It's a shame that the site will not be up today, it will have to take 2 more days .But you gotta know that we gained nothing from this delaying.

and there goes any future trust you might have. it might be better to just refund anyone who deposited and try again with another dice site, with this new delay I dont see any hope of trust for your site.

sawdice (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 08:46:04 PM

and there goes any future trust you might have. it might be better to just refund anyone who deposited and try again with another dice site, with this new delay I dont see any hope of trust for your site.

Maybe you are right, but we're still hoping to go through it.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1327

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:51:53 PM

What's the delay in providing the cold storage wallet?

Why do you keep delaying it?

I understand if you're having trouble getting the site to work properly, but signing a message should be easy enough.

It's a single command, and costs nothing to do:

Code:
$ bitcoin-cli signmessage 16MSwieKFiD4BwEmrugnMm5zAgouH8BUkc "dooglus signed this for the sawdice thread - Wed Jun 10 13:49:33 PDT 2015"
HMg6kWAPyci9W5cB4xL3OkSgPZ5S4hQ2og0jHDpIJTp6Lk8UBhOt7fSmWQuTEdvsb0x1FnYXZL0ZqltvrskmrQE=

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 08:56:02 PM

What's the delay in providing the cold storage wallet?

Why do you keep delaying it?

I understand if you're having trouble getting the site to work properly, but signing a message should be easy enough.

It's a single command, and costs nothing to do:

Code:
$ bitcoin-cli signmessage 16MSwieKFiD4BwEmrugnMm5zAgouH8BUkc "dooglus signed this for the sawdice thread - Wed Jun 10 13:49:33 PDT 2015"
HMg6kWAPyci9W5cB4xL3OkSgPZ5S4hQ2og0jHDpIJTp6Lk8UBhOt7fSmWQuTEdvsb0x1FnYXZL0ZqltvrskmrQE=

Well, I got this PM a lil' while ago:

actually there's a reason for that delay in providing the cold wallet storage. but i can't announce it right now.

Clearly something extra-important has come up to prevent them from being able to type a command, and being able to say why they can't type the command...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: