Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:49:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gavincoin is old news. Alts rally because people see through the bullshit.  (Read 1105 times)
not altcoin hitler (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 22

Amazix

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 03:13:02 AM

Too much to explain but i wouldn't expect a lot from old, fat bitcoin with the tarnished image. There's lots more shiny stuff out there with smaller blockchains, faster blocks, less inflation and whatnot. Bitcoin can't compete with alts forever. 20MB block debate has turned off a lot of people. The ongoing debate is unsexy and Gavin and his foundation lost face. Nobody wants it now. New people go directly to altcoins now.

While you sit here and make no money at all i just 8x my money on infinitecoin (china loves it) and 3x my money on earthcoin. How's that compared to your bitcoin trading experience?
I can have bitcoin whenever i want but i prefer putting my money to many different alts and most people i talk to do the same. Bitcoin 10k$ will never happen. Before that Doge is 1$

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 03:28:05 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2015, 10:30:30 AM by Wandererfromthenorth

Shitcoins are pump&dumps.

You made a decent profit on some barely legal illiquid and scammy internet ponzi scheme, good for you, just know when it's time to get out. They are not "rallying", they are just being pumped by somebody who wants to take lunch money out of the hands of some noobs.
You must be new in crypto.
not altcoin hitler (OP)

Amazix

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 03:34:34 AM

Shitcoins are pump&dumps. Only fools "invest" in altcoins.

You made a decent profit on some barely legal illiquid and scammy internet ponzi scheme, good for you, just know when it's time to get out. They are not "rallying", they are just being pumped by somebody who wants to take lunch money out of the hands of some noobs.

To my knowledge the only thing that sets bitcoin apart from the last and utter shitcoin is the hashrate. Without the hash it's the worst of all shitcoins, technically. And buddy, hash goes where the money is ... it's not like miners wouldn't switch to another coin if that would be more profitable. Hash follows the money. Bitcoin is weak and needs A LOT new money every day to keep the price this high. Alts are less expensive in every regard. Also most new people intuitively go for alts. Demand and supply, you know. Alts are just morepopular with the commen man.
If no institutional investors come to btc, then my scenario will come true. Isn't it perverted that now bitcoins future depends on exactly those institutions it was designed to make obsolete? Think a minute. They won't buy it. Coins are for the commen people and it is what they demand that's rising and coming out on top not what you shill or wish for.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 03:38:06 AM

This must be one of the sox that the dumbytroll has strengthened and fostered to bring back time and again for the bs factor. It must be hard being an outkast in such a new market that is destined to succeed.
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 03:38:36 AM

Shitcoins are pump&dumps. Only fools "invest" in altcoins.

To my knowledge the only thing that sets bitcoin apart from the last and utter shitcoin is the hashrate. Without the hash it's the worst of all shitcoins, technically. And buddy, hash goes where the money is ... it's not like miners wouldn't switch to another coin if that would be more profitable. Hash follows the money. Bitcoin is weak and needs A LOT new money every day to keep the price this high. Alts are less expensive in every regard. Also most new people intuitively go for alts. Demand and supply, you know.

On the "bitcoin is a shitcoin" I might even agree with you in some regards, but still, altcoins are pump&dumps.

It's very improbable that BTC miners will suddenly switch to another altcoin and that's because of liquidity. No shitcoin has enough greater fools as dumping ground for the miners to make it worthwhile.
not altcoin hitler (OP)

Amazix

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 03:42:44 AM

On the "bitcoin is a shitcoin" I might even agree with you in some regards, but still, altcoins are pump&dumps.

It's very improbable that BTC miners will suddenly switch to another altcoin and that's because of liquidity. No shitcoin has enough greater fools as dumping ground for the miners to make it worthwhile.

Bitcoin is a pump and dump ponzi too. We have seen this often enough now. Liquidity is also only an argument for so long. We have seen it in constant decline very long now. Liquidity can come and go within days to/from bitcoin or any altcoin. It's not static. Money goes where opportunity for profit is, so not necessarily bitcoin.

Just saying: people i talk to who think about investing in crypto most are more interested in alts. The people i talk to will put 90%+ of their money on altcoins and most don't plan on taking large btc positions because they think the profits already happened there and they may be right.
What i'm saying is: i see more upcoming demand from the man on the streets for alts than he demands bitcoin.

Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 03:45:34 AM

Bitcoin is a pump and dump ponzi too. We have seen this often enough now. Liquidity is also only an argument for so long. We have seen it in constant decline very long now. Liquidity can come and go within days to/from bitcoin or any altcoin. It's not static. Money goes where opportunity for profit is, so not necessarily bitcoin.

You are altcoin hitler.
not altcoin hitler (OP)

Amazix

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 03:47:37 AM

You are altcoin hitler.

I am NOT satoshi!

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 04:06:31 AM

The points about miners are critical.

Bitcoin is mined by those who have no utility to hold BTC and thus dump it.

The altcoin that is able to incentivize the users of the currency to mine will have an ace-in-the-hole against Bitcoin.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:23:48 AM

i think you are trolling, you never made that profit on infinite coin, your post is an attempt to bring us to buy infinite coin so you can cash out, after you bought at the peak a large quantity and because for this, you're sweating cold now

well i don't care about your infiniteshitcoin, they are the real ponzi, they can be manipulated even by a poor chinese, it is the  worst investment that one could ever hope for
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:16:25 AM

i think you are trolling, you never made that profit on infinite coin, your post is an attempt to bring us to buy infinite coin so you can cash out, after you bought at the peak a large quantity and because for this, you're sweating cold now

well i don't care about your infiniteshitcoin, they are the real ponzi, they can be manipulated even by a poor chinese, it is the  worst investment that one could ever hope for

Even if he did get those gains, what, did he turn $1 into $10?   Try doing that with a few hundred BTC and you're going to either be the pumper/dumper, or the bag holder.
var53

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:29:55 PM

I don't see many alts going significantly up apart from infinitecoin. It seems like the normal pump and dump scenario we have become accustomed to over the last year. It's standard practice during these pumps for someone to say bitcoin is finished, X coin is the new bitcoin and will take its place. Infinitecoin will sink back down to where it came from eventually and bitcoin will remain king.
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:41:19 PM

Yeah you're right, gonna buy everythong else thx
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 03:06:41 PM

The OP gets it so hard it fuckin' hurts.

When I first read about this Bitcoin shit there were all these words like liquidity, biggest computing network in the world, network effect.

It made my head hurt so I hit myself in the head until blood came out out of it

Then I read about alts and I stopped hitting myself. I personally invite Gavin whoeverheis to come up with counters to this -

Rapecoin has proof of rape. Does the bitcoin?

Paycoin guarantees to buy my coins off me for $20 each. Do you, Gavin?

Lots of coins have secret amounts created by the developers to surprise us. I like surprises. Does your bittycoin have surprises for me, Gavin?

WELL?
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:24:00 PM

Funny how the bitcoin bagholders always want to give alts a bad name for being "pump and dump" when actually bitcoin itslef is no exception from that.
All these coins rise AND fall. The pump and dump argument is really a non-argument. Even Gold and stocks or national currency is "pumped and dumped". That argument is as invalid as it can be.

Right now handsome profits on older altcoins. I also can't complain. People who are able to trade it profitable aren't looking at bitcoin trading anymore. Bitcoin is just the means to cash out to fiat.
Why anyone would buy Gavincoin to hold it is beyond me. Maybe 5 years ago yes, but in the year 2015? Really? Why?

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:30:21 PM

Funny how the bitcoin bagholders always want to give alts a bad name for being "pump and dump" when actually bitcoin itslef is no exception from that.
All these coins rise AND fall. The pump and dump argument is really a non-argument. Even Gold and stocks or national currency is "pumped and dumped". That argument is as invalid as it can be.

Right now handsome profits on older altcoins. I also can't complain. People who are able to trade it profitable aren't looking at bitcoin trading anymore. Bitcoin is just the means to cash out to fiat.
Why anyone would buy Gavincoin to hold it is beyond me. Maybe 5 years ago yes, but in the year 2015? Really? Why?

Just hang around a bit longer, you'll see..
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:33:26 PM

btw @IFC
That was a mad pump and it actually sticks! ... so far. It's new ATH, 200% higher than the last one.
I think IFC just made a point about low inflation. Was a great ride!

Keep an eye out for the other low inflation coins. I got a good feeling when it comes to those ...

I just hope i didn't make a mistake with selling my ifc for some great profits  Cheesy

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 05:56:20 PM

Congrats on your investment into some alt.

Good luck reaching the network effect somewhere so you can become rich. Don't invest more than you can afford to looose.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 06:12:30 PM

If Bitcoin is "old news" and Earthcoin is the new thing, then why do I need bitcoin to buy Earthcoin? All the sales I saw were denominated in BTC?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
not altcoin hitler (OP)

Amazix

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 06:47:57 PM

Congrats on your investment into some alt.

Good luck reaching the network effect somewhere so you can become rich. Don't invest more than you can afford to looose.

Network effect! That's what i'm talking about! Thanks for mentioning it!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: