Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:48:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: gambling..its taking me out..  (Read 4395 times)
benq1 (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:15:18 AM

Everyone here has gambled from the moment they brought bitcoin, then if you invest in anything else that is another gamble. Everywhere in bitcoin is a gamble the trick I have found is just be happy with the big gamble we have all taken. Block them sites out of your mind because if you don't you have many unhappy days as you have already, they will only get worse the more you gamble trying to chase the original losses. Don't even play a little if that leads to more.
hmm..but sometime when dijkovik ,nadal,barcelona are playing...i cant resist..
i am unable to sleep..cant get sleep..
am i disease sticken?  Sad

anyone here who has this type of feeling now or before??

I will be honest that sounds like how I used to feel when I used to play high stakes poker on Saturdays and Sundays, knowing that them games were playing without me used to drive me insane because I had won a few of the tournaments and felt I was missing out from winning again. It was dealt with by not logging in so basically ignored them feelings however hard, after time they become easier to ignore and before you know it you only play when you want to not when you feel you 'need' to. Without being funny towards you, you should search google for ways to help with your troubles because what worked for me may not work for you, but you should know you are not alone!   Undecided

you are right..i have no intension to get rich with gambling or i never think that this amount of winning btcs will ever feed me or buy me a new motor bike..but it is spreading in my blood..if soccer is going on i cant concentrate on my work..and i eagerly bet on it, once i bet i am unable to sleep or concentrate until match is finished..i am happy if i won, if i loose i remember my old winning and try to say myself that neverming you gonna win big next time as you won once..

yeah, well you're getting sucked in.

as I mentioned previously you may want to study gambling itself.

you also might want to study the psychology and physiology of addiction and gambling in particular.  your brain may be wired to release happy drugs/endorphins when you win- and this is likely the case.  you may be chemically addicted to this in this respect as you are seeking the release of these drugs.  it can be similar to other forms of addiction in this way.

when it gets really bad gamblers will gamble for any reason.  feeling happy?  gamble.  feeling sad?  gamble.  feeling stressed? gamble.  all of this becomes wired into the brain of the gambler and becomes ingrained into their personality to the point where it takes over.  as you indicate, it dominates their thinking completely to the point where it becomes the point of living.

I have seen this first hand in a close family member that gambled away literally millions of dollars and destroyed his life over this senseless shit, leaving him fucking penniless, so I have some idea of how all of this works.  It ain't good when it spins out of control and really grabs a person, which it very definitely can do in much the same way drugs can, for many of the same reasons and with equally devastating results.

if better understanding all of this this does not help you reason your way out of this and you cannot stop on your own seek help and do it right now.  don't fuck around with this or any other type of addiction.  don't kid yourself that you can control it or that the problem will not get larger. 

do not waste further time, just take the step that's necessary to stop it, whatever that is for you.

I think OP really needs to get away from bitcoin.  I don't recommend this hardly ever.  I try to spread bitcoin and hope for more acceptance.

But in this case OP is having easy access to bitcoin is making gambling easier.   So he is really playing on sites with no regulation.   If he goes to only fiat money it will make gambling harder.  No instant access.   

Well I don't know if it's BTC related or not, but really it doesn't matter.

If the OP thinks it may be a contributing factor, then it is so.

Anything that is a trigger or enables the behavior should be napalmed.

sent a small tip to you for your blazzing advice...

https://blockchain.info/tx/af81b0435eb34207bffd48afce72f2262afdcfef69a2bccf31597072d2e04552

If I'm reading it right seems it could be a lot worse if https://blockchain.info/address/33jhmQXe4Q9dP24Jm9EVa6XHxn85sZnQMR is your btc address.

If you have to keep using BTC for your business.  I suggest this as a first step.  Find the sites you use to gamble or read about odds, anything that has to do with the addiction.   Use software or hardware to block the sites.   It will be hard going "cold turkey".  But I think no access to gambling will help.

no man i have changed my payment mode to skrill for all my clients..
now what is left with me(btcs) i am donating some to nepal , some on reddit as tip and converting all to usd on localbitcoin... :0 thats what i think is right way...
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:16:26 AM

no man i have changed my payment mode to skrill for all my clients..
now what is left with me(btcs) i am donating some to nepal , some on reddit as tip and converting all to usd on localbitcoin... :0 thats what i think is right way...

You are doing good for everyone, but don't leave BTC as it was not meant to be left.
I have seen many people leaving Bitcoins just because they lost them gambling. So, try to leave gambling instead.
Brad Pitt

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:12:09 PM

I'd never gamble with my bitcoins. Just imagine what they could be worth in the future so if you really wanna gamble just invest in bitcoins and hold and see how much they're worth in the future. Maybe that would be the better gamble?
duckydonald

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:50:51 PM

it is not even 1 year since i have been introduced to bitcoin and i have already lost 1+ btc in gambling with not much profit, as whatever big or less profit i used to get i used to invest it again in gambling.

hey guys you all here are old bitcoin studs,please suggest me how to resist the impulsive nature to not put my money on stake, and how you guys manage to stop at that point when you think that im done and i shouldnt stake much as i will lose everything..

how to feel that point that its enough for today.. Undecided

find a skilled game and get good at it,, so the money you will be taking is the newbie players
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:53:59 PM

I'd never gamble with my bitcoins. Just imagine what they could be worth in the future so if you really wanna gamble just invest in bitcoins and hold and see how much they're worth in the future. Maybe that would be the better gamble?

Why not gamble? Why not?
I think there are websites with some very good amount of faucets like DaDice offering up to 12.5k satoshis, so it's fine if you can reach higher levels, try to gamble with their faucets and make money instead of going with your money.
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:02:46 PM

Gambling is never a good option.

Although I was lucky and knew when to quit at 15 btc profit.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:02:35 PM

Man...I know sometimes gambling attract us to do more and more. I'm honestly feel like I can win like the others. And because my greed , I try to bet just like the big bettor did. But in fact everyone's luck is different. But life goes on man...

Take this lesson to do a better next time

Quote:
The greatest advantage in gambling lies in not playing at all ( Gerolamo Cardano )
Sugarape

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:35:21 PM

Why not gamble? Why not?
I think there are websites with some very good amount of faucets like DaDice offering up to 12.5k satoshis, so it's fine if you can reach higher levels, try to gamble with their faucets and make money instead of going with your money.

Gambling isn't a good idea because the odds are stacked against you. Probably 9/10 people who gamble end up losing. And using faucets to gamble is just a waste of time. You'd be better off spending that time earning coins some other way and saving them and not gambling them away.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:01:05 PM

@OP,
Please refer to this site: http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/ if you find yourself helpless to leave gambling...

Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:01:51 PM

If any one comes in here and bashes gamblers that have issues,they really are showing their lack of understanding of how the brain works.

That said I suggest you replace gambling with a more healthy alternative like wallking/Jogging or working out. The cardio aspect will work better here imo than the short amount of time you can actually spend in a gym. Combining them would be way better.

As for the issue you can dwell on it and try to find out why you are this way and quite often its a cycle that never gets to the core of the issue. Look at the success rate of gamblers anonymous or any other group that rehashes the issues and you will see they do not have the highest success rates.
Hollywood has done a good job of misleading and propping up that aspect for a long time.

Your best bet is to figure out how the reward system works in your brain and go from there. Dont beat yourself up and dont get into the poor me,just attack it like a pitbull.

If you honestly believe all of this you should talk to someone or get help.   I fear if you treat your fiat money the same it will end up bad. 

Combining gambling and cardio?  No one is going to be able to replace the feeling you get.  For that you need help, no judgement being made. 

Also if all you lost in a entire year is 1 BTC... it's hard to say how much of a problem that is.  For if you got a year worth of leisure time for 240'ish dollars it could have been a lot worse.  If you are hurting financially because of gambling yes you need help.

Are you talking to me and op as if we are the same person? Huh

Will presume that is the case as no one would be against op getting healthy even if he doesnt break the gambling cycle.
The real issue with addictions is pattern recognition gone wrong. Most people are addicted to something and quite a lot of people do not even know it.
It might not be as sever as gambling or drugs but it could be something like taking the same path home after work every day or pulling out your iphone when conversations have ackward pauses. No one should really judge anyone in this world as you are really only perceiving how life is and perception is often murky.

Back to OP...If you are serious you should read some of Gabor Mates books. He really does a great job of explaining whats going on in the head.
benq1 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:43:45 AM

If any one comes in here and bashes gamblers that have issues,they really are showing their lack of understanding of how the brain works.

That said I suggest you replace gambling with a more healthy alternative like wallking/Jogging or working out. The cardio aspect will work better here imo than the short amount of time you can actually spend in a gym. Combining them would be way better.

As for the issue you can dwell on it and try to find out why you are this way and quite often its a cycle that never gets to the core of the issue. Look at the success rate of gamblers anonymous or any other group that rehashes the issues and you will see they do not have the highest success rates.
Hollywood has done a good job of misleading and propping up that aspect for a long time.

Your best bet is to figure out how the reward system works in your brain and go from there. Dont beat yourself up and dont get into the poor me,just attack it like a pitbull.

If you honestly believe all of this you should talk to someone or get help.   I fear if you treat your fiat money the same it will end up bad. 

Combining gambling and cardio?  No one is going to be able to replace the feeling you get.  For that you need help, no judgement being made. 

Also if all you lost in a entire year is 1 BTC... it's hard to say how much of a problem that is.  For if you got a year worth of leisure time for 240'ish dollars it could have been a lot worse.  If you are hurting financially because of gambling yes you need help.

Will presume that is the case as no one would be against op getting healthy even if he doesnt break the gambling cycle.
The real issue with addictions is pattern recognition gone wrong. Most people are addicted to something and quite a lot of people do not even know it.
It might not be as sever as gambling or drugs but it could be something like taking the same path home after work every day or pulling out your iphone when conversations have ackward pauses. No one should really judge anyone in this world as you are really only perceiving how life is and perception is often murky.

Back to OP...If you are serious you should read some of Gabor Mates books. He really does a great job of explaining whats going on in the head.

Man...I know sometimes gambling attract us to do more and more. I'm honestly feel like I can win like the others. And because my greed , I try to bet just like the big bettor did. But in fact everyone's luck is different. But life goes on man...

Take this lesson to do a better next time

Quote:
The greatest advantage in gambling lies in not playing at all ( Gerolamo Cardano )

will read that book...
by the way after listening to your advices in this forum i haven't gambled from last two days..amazing...
thank you all amazing people here, so helpful...
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 08:02:39 AM

If you honestly believe all of this you should talk to someone or get help.   I fear if you treat your fiat money the same it will end up bad.  

Combining gambling and cardio?  No one is going to be able to replace the feeling you get.  For that you need help, no judgement being made.  

Also if all you lost in a entire year is 1 BTC... it's hard to say how much of a problem that is.  For if you got a year worth of leisure time for 240'ish dollars it could have been a lot worse.  If you are hurting financially because of gambling yes you need help.

I worded it horribly it was meant to be to both.  I thought the thought of "combining" cardio and gambling is crazy.   If that is what you were saying.  I think it is but I could be wrong.  Part about it could have been a lot worse was OP as he had quite a bit more then 1 BTC it appeared in wallet.

I agree I in no way have a problem with OP getting better and leaving gambling.  I just don't think gambling should be combined with new item.  Instead replace gambling with other item.  I do agree losing half time to something else is good, but think with an addiction you should take all of it away not part.

I think it would be hard but blocking all gambling sites, odd sites, etc on his home network would be a quick jump back from it.  
BitBatFan

Activity: 258

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 08:12:09 AM

You should consider before gambling. Only gamble with money you'll be ok if you lose.
If you still want to gamble, then search website with faucets and other promotions. This way you don't risk your money. But earning are small, except if you're extremly lucky  Grin
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 08:21:58 AM

You should consider before gambling. Only gamble with money you'll be ok if you lose.
If you still want to gamble, then search website with faucets and other promotions. This way you don't risk your money. But earning are small, except if you're extremly lucky  Grin

Faucet earnings are very very small in most cases.  I don't think faucet is what I would recommend.  OP has a normal career it sounds like that he can choose bitcoin in some cases that is much better then hours typing in capatcha for little to nothing.

As far as don't bet more then you can risk.  Yes always a good idea. 
benq1 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:02:53 AM

Faucet earnings are very very small in most cases.  I don't think faucet is what I would recommend.  OP has a normal career it sounds like that he can choose bitcoin in some cases that is much better then hours typing in capatcha for little to nothing.

[/color][/i]

sent a small tip to you, thanks for your advice..

https://blockchain.info/tx/a6d1bac1abd8a489789286d5c48e07dbc5e7a63b699a80783a92bf6b467251d6

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:30:30 AM

[/color][/i]

sent a small tip to you, thanks for your advice..

https://blockchain.info/tx/a6d1bac1abd8a489789286d5c48e07dbc5e7a63b699a80783a92bf6b467251d6

It's actually my first I believe.   Thank you was a nice gesture.   I wish you the best of luck and hope it works out on gambling.

If it goes back to getting bad again I highly suggest trying blocking the sites.  I think it wont stop it in no way but at least slow it down.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:59:23 PM

I highly suggest trying blocking the sites.  I think it wont stop it in no way but at least slow it down.

no, this is not how it works. if somebody is addicted to anything, he will always find a was how to remove any roadblock..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:19:43 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 07:14:05 PM by Amph

I highly suggest trying blocking the sites.  I think it wont stop it in no way but at least slow it down.

no, this is not how it works. if somebody is addicted to anything, he will always find a was how to remove any roadblock..

then, the best thing for him is to find another passion, like gaming, sport, sex or anything that might occupy your mind

or just work all day, it is a better way to earn money
khawaja07

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 09:31:42 AM

try doing meditation.. Smiley
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 11:09:43 PM

@OP,
Please refer to this site: http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/ if you find yourself helpless to leave gambling...

Hollywood was used to push this organization in the early days and from the amount of people that spit it out,I would say they did a great job.
What is the success rate of this organization? Why do they have a need to push religion if its all about getting people better? I suggest anyone thinking of checking out a meeting look into the history as well.
Lets get the ball really going...Would you suggest Scientology to a friend that was lacking purpose?

fuel to the fire... Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: