Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:01:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet for presentation purposes - fast & easy to set up  (Read 1585 times)
BlackJacky (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:06:16 PM

Hi all,

do you know a wallet which I can tell people to download (Android and IOS) which is fast to set up? Im very often talking to people about bitcoins and then I would like to send them 50 cents or 1 Dollar. I need a wallet which you can set-up very fast, easy and is also very user friendly...do you know any?

Thanks in advance
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 01:13:51 PM

I cant speak for iOS, but for Android Mycelium and "Bitcoin wallet" (Schildbach App) are very easy to use.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
wpstudio

Activity: 660
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 01:14:21 PM

If its a brand new person.  I normally show them (or use) http://kryptokit.com/  both the Chrome extension and the Rush wallet (for any mobile device) are perfect for getting the person started.  And the added bonus it gives you an understandable way of communicating about the Private Keys and why they are important.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 03:21:56 PM

Bither for iOS.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 03:32:27 PM

I like "bitcoin wallet" by Andreas Schildbach. Highly recommended for droid.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 03:58:13 PM

GreenAdress :    https://greenaddress.it/fr/
BlackJacky (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:56:33 AM

Im using Greenaddress but you cant set it up in lets say 30 seconds. You have to write down the 15 words etc. People are already annoyed just doing that...

I would like to have a wallet which is really fast to set up and looks good. Ive downloaded hot wallet by paymium SAS and just needed couple of steps. Any other suggestions?
BlackJacky (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:06:59 AM

Bither for iOS.

Thanks for suggesting Bither but it is from my view not looking user-friendly and you need to many steps Sad
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:37:02 AM

Im using Greenaddress but you cant set it up in lets say 30 seconds. You have to write down the 15 words etc. People are already annoyed just doing that...

I would like to have a wallet which is really fast to set up and looks good. Ive downloaded hot wallet by paymium SAS and just needed couple of steps. Any other suggestions?
Did you try Hive? It seems easy to use.  They use a kind of addressbook with peoples faces and simply press on the face to send bitcoin.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 09:32:46 AM

Bither for iOS.

Thanks for suggesting Bither but it is from my view not looking user-friendly and you need to many steps Sad

I don't get you. Have you tried it? I think it's very easy.

Download, install, open, click "+" button, choose number of address to create and click 'Generate'. Maybe you should give it a try. BTW, I don't suggest using HDM before familiarizing with Bitcoin wallets.

P.S. You can also give breadWallet a try. It is simple and easy .

Did you try Hive? It seems easy to use.  They use a kind of addressbook with peoples faces and simply press on the face to send bitcoin.

Hive iOS isn't decentralized AFAIK. Don't know if code is changed though.

BlackJacky (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:08:52 PM

I didnt like that he showed me the seed phrase. I know that this kind of security is definitely recommended but it is really just for demonstration purposes. Lets say I try to pitch a UBER driver about bitcoin and tell him Im going to tip you with Bitcoin. The set-up has to be fast and easy. An app like rush wallet would be nice
YardWallet

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:17:03 AM

try out YardWallet. I will send 1mbtc for you to test it out.
BlackJacky (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:32:41 AM

try out YardWallet. I will send 1mbtc for you to test it out.

Thanks for recommendation but 1. step "enter email address" 2. Step "insert verification code" ...not feasible in a short UBER pitch.

Any other ideas?
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 08:35:14 AM

Try bitWallet. I recommend only to trust small amounts with the wallet I am suggesting. It is *no* open spurce and didn't came from a know developer. Just for denonstration purpose only.

Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:04:43 AM

Hi all,

do you know a wallet which I can tell people to download (Android and IOS) which is fast to set up? Im very often talking to people about bitcoins and then I would like to send them 50 cents or 1 Dollar. I need a wallet which you can set-up very fast, easy and is also very user friendly...do you know any?

Thanks in advance
Without a doubt:

Mycelium for Android
Breadwallet for iOS

Really, these are by far the most user friendly wallet apps. Also they provide a great, fool-proof backup procedure (which has to be performed only once, since they're HD wallets).

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
BlackJacky (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:32:39 PM

Thanks for your recommendation.

I just installed MyCelium and I had to write down 12 words otherwise I cant continue. Im sure that it is a very good and secure wallet my not feasible for a 15 minutes pitch in a taxi. Does no 20-30 seconds set up wallet exists? Maybe that would be a nice business idea Wink
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:38:41 PM

Thanks for your recommendation.

I just installed MyCelium and I had to write down 12 words otherwise I cant continue. Im sure that it is a very good and secure wallet my not feasible for a 15 minutes pitch in a taxi. Does no 20-30 seconds set up wallet exists? Maybe that would be a nice business idea Wink
I'm not 100% sure but I believe you can initially skip the backup procedure before using it? I actually just installed a new Mycelium wallet myself and I think I already got my address and everything, even before doing the backup thing?

I believe that's also how it works in Breadwallet (iOS): it notifies you of the possibility (and urgency) to create a one-time backup, but you can still continue without doing so.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: