Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:31:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition for Monero to have its own board, so we don't bother the altcoins.  (Read 8259 times)
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:56:02 PM

Public consensus is not what provides the fungibility. The algorithm provides the fungibility. Cryptocurrencies is all about faith in the algorithm, not the people.

Good luck in selling that idea to the general public.

You can't have faith in an algo if you can't verify its actions.

Again, embarrassing. Go learn cryptography.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:57:08 PM

Public consensus is not what provides the fungibility. The algorithm provides the fungibility. Cryptocurrencies is all about faith in the algorithm, not the people.

You can verify everything you DASHTARD. I can even prove i send amount XY to account ZZ.
That is called cryptography, also u can count every fucking monero coin created in every fucking coinbase transaction.

If you don´t believe in nor understand the tiniest bits of cryptography GET THE FUCK OUT OF CRYPTOCURRENCIES.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:59:21 PM

Go learn cryptography.

It isn't me you need to sell this idea. It's the universe of potential adopters.

They are not interested in cryptography and have no intentions of "learning" it. Thats why - in the absence of a trusted third party - you need public consensus to assert the veracity of any monetary medium.
kazuki49

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:00:18 PM

You lost all respect when you tried to show bitmonerod as the monero wallet and claim it didn't worked, you are clearly retarded, no, you are malicious like your kind and you are naked, your attacks on Monero reflects back at you.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:03:29 PM

You can verify everything you DASHTARD. I can even prove i send amount XY to account ZZ.
That is called cryptography, also u can count every fucking monero coin created in every fucking coinbase transaction.

ok, lets just define "verify" for posterity here.

"Verify" to me means that for a given transaction:

[1] - the originating address is publicly verifiable
[2] - the destination address is publicly verifiable
[3] - the transaction record is publicly verifiable
[4] - the debit balance movement on the originating address squares with the credit balance movement on the receiving address (or vica versa) and that both movements square with the publicly documented transaction amount

...and all that, not just for someone that I happen to give a "viewkey" to. For the whole damn universe to verify is they so see fit.
kazuki49

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:05:16 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 02:57:37 AM by kazuki49

ok, lets just define "verify" for posterity here.

"Verify" to me means that for a given transaction:

[1] - the originating address is publicly verifiable
[2] - the destination address is publicly verifiable
[3] - the transaction record is publicly verifiable
[4] - the debit balance movement on the originating address squares with the credit balance movement on the receiving address (or vica versa)

...and all that, not just for someone that I happen to give a "viewkey" to. For the whole damn universe to verify is they so see fit.

Thats exactly right, I don't want you or the entire universe verifying my transactions
othe

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:05:40 PM

None of that + you are an embarassing idiot.

Obviously Dashtards want that their whole transactions are publicly visible to just sell it better to investors, oh surprise.

If i pay someone in cash, does the whole fucking universe see it? I guess not...

I can proof i made a payment in front of court/taxman/whatever, and thats it. And there are different ways to do that, not just the viewkey.

Anyway, i explained that 10000 time to you, but you are too retarded, dumb or ignorant.

celestio

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:06:24 PM

Go learn cryptography.

It isn't me you need to sell this idea. It's the universe of potential adopters.

They are not interested in cryptography and have no intentions of "learning" it. Thats why - in the absence of a trusted third party - you need public consensus to assert the veracity of any monetary medium.

Look, you're quite honestly...clueless on the concept of fungibility. It looks as when you describe "opaque" blockchains like Monero's, you think of a brick wall or a black hole. In case you didn't know, that's not what it is. By Opaque, it means that transactions done between sender and receiver are unable to be connected to each other. So the money can be seen, but the beginning and end destinations cannot i.e, you can see just money, nothing else but money moving back and forth.

This is what you said:
"What inhibits Bitcoin's fungibility is not the fact that the blockchain is transparent, it's the fact that detectable patterns can build up over time which allows certain parts of the money supply to be identified distinctly from others. The answer to this problem isn't to bury the whole blockchain and make it invisible - because then you don't have money any more - it is to mitigate the formation of sustainably traceable patterns of monetary movement."

--- Monero does exactly that. With Monero there is no "sustainable traceable patterns of monetary movement". With Monero the only thing that's visible, is the money supply, and the things that are invisible is... well everything else.

You've basically explained that Monero fits your definition and view of fungibility perfectly. Do you see that now? Absolutely clueless, and very, very disappointing on your part.

edit-

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
kazuki49

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:08:50 PM

Go learn cryptography.

Look, you're quite honestly...clueless on the concept of fungibility. It looks as when you describe "opaque" blockchains like Monero's, you think of a brick wall or a black hole. In case you didn't know, that's not what it is. By Opaque, it means that transactions done between sender and receiver are unable to be connected to each other. So the money can be seen, but the beginning and end destinations cannot i.e, you can see just money, nothing else but money moving back and forth.

There goes your entire theory on "invisible blockchains" down the garbage.

he is one of the most despicable trolls in this forum he mask himself as retarded clueless because he like being called one, dashtards like to eat shit.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:12:59 PM

Thats exactly right, I don't you or the entire universe verifying my transactions, retarded.

They're not "your" transactions, they belong to the network which is why they have any value at all.

"You" have a private key to control certain addresses on that network - addresses which are anonymous and which do not compromise your privacy as long as a reasonable level of fungibility and untraceability is maintained (as described above).

It's the publicly documented veracity of the network that gives your private key its value. The reason I've pressed this point is because I don't agree with Monero followers constantly spamming every available opportunity with the idea that "cryptography" in the public blockchain is the god given solution to fungibility simply by making the blockchain invisible. That may have some meaning from a cryptographic network perspective but is just totally misleading propaganda from a monetary point of view. It's not hiding anything from the "NSA", it's denying accountability to the network users - the very people who's interests it purports to support.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 11:16:19 PM

Man, my dev powers are relatively weak.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
kazuki49

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:16:37 PM

Thats exactly right, I don't you or the entire universe verifying my transactions, retarded.

They're not "your" transactions, they belong to the network which is why they have any value at all.

"You" have a private key to control certain addresses on that network - addresses which are anonymous and which do not compromise your privacy as long as a reasonable level of fungibility and untraceability is maintained (as described above).

It's the publicly documented veracity of the network that gives your private key its value. The reason I've pressed this point is because I don't agree with Monero followers constantly spamming every available opportunity with the idea that "cryptography" in the public blockchain is the god given solution to fungibility simply by making the blockchain opaque. That may have some meaning from a cryptographic network perspective but is just totally misleading propaganda from a monetary point of view. It's not hiding anything from the "NSA", it's denying accountability to the network users - the very people who's interests it purports to support.

I dont own you or users of the network any accountability, what NSA does is illegal and unethical, of course nothing of that bothers you because what bothers you is that Monero is a better digital cash than the scam you want people to buy, we don't like to eat shit, sorry.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:26:02 PM

Well that little flurry pulled you all out of the woodwork pretty fast.

I knew you were there hovering  Wink

kazuki, GingerAle, celestio, othe. Only a couple missing - Harrison Ford'll get a word in just shortly.

Just as well I've got the chicken-wire up in front of my screen to dodge the projectiles flying out of it.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and nice to see you all.

Have a nice evening !

americanpegasus (OP)

Merit: 502

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:31:31 PM

How can I self moderate my own topic?  This is ridiculous.  

Dashtards GTFO, your Genesis block awarded a shit load of coins to whoever was there, essentially making it a premine.  In this business, consistency from Genesis to present is crucial, and your coin failed seconds after it's creation.  

It would be like if there were an alternate universe, and in its big bang, the laws of physics came together in such a way that the only way for any life to communicate would be to shit out of its mouth, and somehow that universe  is trying to tell this one that we are the inferior existence.  

There simply is no better crypto in the world than Monero.

And guess what?  The flashy GUI is coming. Greatness takes time to mature, and the devs are committed so I'm not worried.  

The most honest, technically superior coin, and you want to talk shit?  

You're like the little Chrysler 300 driving suckers trying to talk shit to ol boy over in his Phantom, with his Rolex, Armani suit, dead ass serious attitude, and three blondes flanking him.  

You're just a bunch of hatin ass wangsters, and deep down you know your coin's success is time limited, and no slick rebranding can change that.  

Step the fuck off, troll.  

This is Monero, and math isn't an opinion.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
BagHolder010

Activity: 283

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:34:56 PM

Man, my dev powers are relatively weak.

I am pretty sure that's why Monero doesn't have any developments did you or Fluffy or Smooth did something beside copying? can you list the things you did "nvm this" can you list what's in ur agenda?> LOOOL

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
othe

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:43:37 PM

GingerAle isn´t a Developer, you just made him one, showing how retarded you dashtards are.

Yes the things are listed regularly in the missives, or just come to berlin or paris this week to the meetups, for a beer i might explain it in person.
OpenAlias is already used in Bitcoinwallets too, like Electrum.

Paris meetup is in the Mozilla offices with some Mozilla dudes (https://forum.getmonero.org/14/events/277/monero-meetup-paris-france-may-21th-2015)
Berlin meetup at Werkstatt Berlin (https://forum.getmonero.org/14/events/237/monero-meetup-berlin-germany-may-24th-2015)

americanpegasus (OP)

Merit: 502

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:00:25 AM

GingerAle isn´t a Developer, you just made him one, showing how retarded you dashtards are.

Yes the things are listed regularly in the missives, or just come to berlin or paris this week to the meetups, for a beer i might explain it in person.
OpenAlias is already used in Bitcoinwallets too, like Electrum.

Paris meetup is in the Mozilla offices with some Mozilla dudes (https://forum.getmonero.org/14/events/277/monero-meetup-paris-france-may-21th-2015)
Berlin meetup at Werkstatt Berlin (https://forum.getmonero.org/14/events/237/monero-meetup-berlin-germany-may-24th-2015)

Wish I could make it.  Please make sure to get the word out if there's ever something in San Francisco or Sacramento.  He'll, I'd even be willing to drive to Vegas.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
BagHolder010

Activity: 283

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:11:56 AM

With all the new 1 post accounts cheering Monero really no one really cares about names anyway now days..let's say monero dev ' s which I don't know how they look like. No development what so ever, they copied byte and they proud of it "if it's there why not just take it?" Seems like a lazy team OR devs with no skills. Call me what you want ur dev can't even show us what's in their agenda bcuz they don't know what to do...Evan got instant transaction and I know how he looms like that's good enough for me to invest...Satoshi got this amazing idea out for us good enough for me to invest ....now what did u bring to the table to compare ur self to Bitcoin ?

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
othe

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:18:22 AM

Hey retard, as you are either too retarded, too dashtarded or too ignorant like most dashtards, read the fucking missives or shut up.

PS: About what 0 post accounts are you even talking? All people here are registered since months on this board.
PS2: Theres even a fucking Roadmap on our website, you are just too dashtarded to click on a button on a website.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:33:13 AM

I'm going to try to explain this like you're five. I don't don't if it will work. You might not be quite at that mental level yet.

Show the bitcoin blockchain to the Average Joe, and he doesn't see a damn thing, just a bunch of letters and numbers. Better yet, show the actual bytes, not how it is interpreted on a block explorer. Understanding, interpreting, and verifying that blockchain requires an understanding of the protocol, and being able to do things like verify secp256k1 signatures and sha256 hashes (two bits of complex cryptographic math) in order to tell that the blocks are valid, the transactions are valid, and the outputs (coins) you receive are legitimate.

Monero is exactly the same damn thing. If you understand the protocol, and how to verify CryptoNight hashes and CryptoNote ring signatures (two more bits of complex cryptographic math) you can tell the blocks are valid, the transactions are valid, and the outputs (coins) you receive are legitimate.

It is a different protocol, with different cryptographic math, but from the point of view of verifying the chain, exactly the same.

You also don't know what fungibility even means as a definition. It means interchangeable. If the coins are all mathematically verifiable (and they are), and can't be attached to some unique and distinctive history (which the can't), then it is fungible. Whatever other gibberish you want to throw around in an ongoing months- (years- ?) long display of your own ignorance does not mean fungible, if it means anything at all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: