Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:21:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit-X Debit MasterCard  (Read 1399 times)
JayCrypto

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:24:45 PM

Why someone have to choose it instead the wallet?

To pay in physical stores that accept credit/debit cards and not bitcoin.
But what is the benefit for costumer?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mmsen

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:27:54 PM

Convenience, as long as you are happy with the verification and the bank approval process.

The limits for basic verification are far too low for it to be of any use to me.
MUFC

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:30:46 PM

What is normally the benefit of using a debit card? Convenience and accessibility. The main benefit is being able to spend your bitcoins directly. You don't need to trade or cash them out as you can do it easily with your card from your exchange balance. It all boils down to whether you think the convenience of being able to do this is worth the high fees. For some it is and others it isn't.

marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:55:16 PM

What is normally the benefit of using a debit card? Convenience and accessibility. The main benefit is being able to spend your bitcoins directly. You don't need to trade or cash them out as you can do it easily with your card from your exchange balance. It all boils down to whether you think the convenience of being able to do this is worth the high fees. For some it is and others it isn't.

The fees are lower than Localbitcoins bitcoin to cash trades. Around 4% I've experienced.
Gervais

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:30:08 PM

That's why I personally don't use exchanges. If I wanted to cash out I'd probably just sell locally or through a bank transfer or something on here. Always best to cut out the middle man and that's why I think we're in desperate need for decentralized exchanges.
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:34:19 PM

That's why I personally don't use exchanges. If I wanted to cash out I'd probably just sell locally or through a bank transfer or something on here. Always best to cut out the middle man and that's why I think we're in desperate need for decentralized exchanges.

For what reason? You just said "that's why" with no context.
mmsen

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:21:17 AM

Because a lot of people do not wish to have to go through the process of being 'verified' by another institution.

We have a decentralized currency, why would we want a centralized body telling us if and when we can make transfers ala Coinbase?

marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 05:33:11 PM

Because a lot of people do not wish to have to go through the process of being 'verified' by another institution.

We have a decentralized currency, why would we want a centralized body telling us if and when we can make transfers ala Coinbase?

To each their own opinion. All services (even if based on a decentralised currency), at this point in time, will require some sort of verification for higher limits (for the debit card).

You may still order a card with the basic limits with absolutely no verification, just a valid shipping address.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 12:15:18 AM

To each their own opinion. All services (even if based on a decentralised currency), at this point in time, will require some sort of verification for higher limits (for the debit card).

You may still order a card with the basic limits with absolutely no verification, just a valid shipping address.
Is bit-x planning to add CAD currency deposits? I would get the card, but the currency conversion fee is killer... Sad
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: