Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:30:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best site for a large transaction  (Read 1032 times)
shinana (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:04:53 AM

I need to send a quite large amount of money to an online shop this week to purchase goods in bulk... the bank will not allow the wire transfer, so after talking to the shop I am using bitcoins as a fallback measure.
I have not used bitcoin before this week so I am not very familiar with it....

I have about $20,000 that I still need to send this week......and I would prefer a site which debits from bank account with a method like ACH, rather than having to manually try to send a large wire transfer at the bank to purchase bitcoin.

I am trying to find a site which has a very high limit (or no limit) on buying for first time customers, a lot of the sites like coinbase seem to have a buying limit of $3000 or so for new customers.
There are a huge number of sites, and especially being not very familiar with this, it is hard to tell all of the conditions before signing up and going through the whole verification process.

I found a bitcoin trading site called Celery which fit my above needs very well....  I was able to buy about $20,000 of bitcoins there through ACH after signing up and verifying....  but I reached the limit so I cannot use it again in time. I am looking for something similar.

If necessary, I can split between 2 or 3 sites, rather than just one, but I do not want to spend too much time micromanaging small payments and verification processes.......

Based on your experience, what is the best site to fit my needs?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:19:14 AM

celery look like circle you can try that, there shouldn't be a limit that i'm aware of

localbitcoin is another great tool fr your problem

otherwise why not using all4btc and buy directly with bitcoin?
shinana (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:57:48 AM

Thanks....
It looks like Circle still has a weekly limit of $2500 though.
https://support.circle.com/hc/en-us/articles1/202859744-Tell-me-more-about-instant-access-
The other options, it looks like all4btc requires a link to an online shop, whereas I am making a custom order of part of a private invoice...
and with localbitcoin the limits are still low.

I am looking for a place with a weekly limit of around $20,000 or over.... or maybe something like two exchanges each with $10,000 limit
Rather than having to sign up for about 8 more exchanges with $3000 limit.

I know it is possible because I was able to do it with Celery.

E: Perhaps Kraken is a good site?

I will make the decision in about 12 hours from now. If I really have to sign up for 8 additional exchanges, I will, but I am hoping for a better alternative.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:04:58 PM

Try out Bit-X instead.
It also allows you to deposit via Bank, and you can then directly buy Bitcoins there with your fiat and send them to whoever you want.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:39:09 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 07:25:51 PM by Amph

Thanks....
It looks like Circle still has a weekly limit of $2500 though.
https://support.circle.com/hc/en-us/articles1/202859744-Tell-me-more-about-instant-access-
The other options, it looks like all4btc requires a link to an online shop, whereas I am making a custom order of part of a private invoice...
and with localbitcoin the limits are still low.

I am looking for a place with a weekly limit of around $20,000 or over.... or maybe something like two exchanges each with $10,000 limit
Rather than having to sign up for about 8 more exchanges with $3000 limit.

I know it is possible because I was able to do it with Celery.

E: Perhaps Kraken is a good site?

I will make the decision in about 12 hours from now. If I really have to sign up for 8 additional exchanges, I will, but I am hoping for a better alternative.

kraken has also a limit if you don't send your id , there is a limit of 10k a month

like it was said above, you can try bit-x i don't know if they have a limit too

but couldn't you just split your buy in more little buying? do you really need to spend that much in one sit?
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:00:31 PM

Try poloniex.com because they provide $25,000 USD equivalent exchange/withdraw per day. If you verify your account by your ID with photo and a photo where you holding the ID.

~Rude Boy
shinana (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:30:36 PM

To be clear what I am looking for...... I have to buy around $20,000 in bitcoins with USD this week and I am looking for the easiest way to do it.
Poloniex is not an option because they do not accept fiat currency it seems
As far as kraken, the limits are fine, but they do not allow me to buy in USD where I live.....
I am trying bit-x but the only option is to manually send wire transfer. I am not sure that the bank will approve such a large transfer to purchase bitcoins.

I am in a real bind here......      I found one site which seems to fit my needs exactly (celery) but need to find another good one like it
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:45:10 PM

Your bank doesn't allow you to spend your money?!

Have made a complaint with the proper authorities?

How about changing bank?

shinana (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:16:23 PM

How about changing bank?

I am in the business of digital gift code selling and I try to make a large order last week by wire transfer and got refused.... that is why I am in this whole mess.....
I think they were worried that the transaction was potentially fraudulent....  that is why it really worries me right now whether or not I can make a $20,000+ wire transfer to fund a bitcoin account.

I made an account in Bit-X, the ID verification will take a up to a few days and afterwards I hope to try the wire transfer... but time is short and I hope to keep a lot of options open.

Complaint and changing bank......I don't have time for that kind of stuff.....
hasmukhh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:50:22 PM

though there are several methods listed here. i would like to suggest you to try localbitcoins.com which offer various methods for transactions.
amazon4u

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Selling Stuff 20% OFF ! See my signature

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:43:54 PM

How about changing bank?

I am in the business of digital gift code selling and I try to make a large order last week by wire transfer and got refused.... that is why I am in this whole mess.....
I think they were worried that the transaction was potentially fraudulent....  that is why it really worries me right now whether or not I can make a $20,000+ wire transfer to fund a bitcoin account.

I made an account in Bit-X, the ID verification will take a up to a few days and afterwards I hope to try the wire transfer... but time is short and I hope to keep a lot of options open.

localbitcoins.com is the fastest, bitstamp.net is the cheapest...bitstamp has no limits , after you verify your account of course...

did anyone tried cex.io ?

shinana (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:07:37 PM

Good, I think I will use bitstamp as long as I get no complaints from the bank about wiring the money
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 10:30:49 PM

How about changing bank?

I think they were worried that the transaction was potentially fraudulent....  that is why it really worries me right now whether or not I can make a $20,000+ wire transfer to fund a bitcoin account.

localbitcoins.com is the fastest, bitstamp.net is the cheapest...bitstamp has no limits , after you verify your account of course...

did anyone tried cex.io ?
I wouldn't use localbitcoins if you are looking to buy a lot of BTC.  As far as I know, a majority of the sellers there charge a pretty hefty premium fee.
Bitstamp sounds OK. 
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:46:50 PM

https://paxful.com/
mmsen

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:11:37 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2015, 06:35:12 PM by mmsen

A number of vendors on localbitcoins advertise that they will take smaller fees for bulk purchases.

I'm sure 20k usd counts as 'bulk' for most.

Shop around.

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:29:20 PM

I ve been using Bistamp and have never had a single problem with them.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
mmsen

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:44:53 PM

My issue with Bitstamp (besides the hacking issues) is the fact that I need to transfer funds from a bank account, which takes days.

The European exchanges seem to be so much slower and less practical.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 04:08:13 PM

shinana

If you are in NYC there is a BTC ATM at about 751 10th Avenue ("Sonny's Grocery", the one the WEST side of the avenue, there are TWO "Sonny's" on that block).  Lamassu machine.  No ID, no cameras, took cash for BTC.  I suppose you could just feed it cash, and keep feeding it, perhaps by sending to different BTC addresses.

If you are NOT in NYC, "Google" BTC ATMs in your city.

localbitcoins, for some reason, has been hard for me to use in my city.  But, some localbitcoins users have a LOT of BTC because they bought very early...

Smiley
sly5am

Activity: 582
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 09:12:22 PM

Paxful.com is a lot like Localbitcoins, but seems to be more net friendly. I like the escrow feature, as transactions need to be secure, without risking getting robbed. I do have paxful in my sig, so no need for trolls to point that out.  Cool

Bamberg

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:32:54 AM

I prefer 247exchange.com. They have a plenty of payment methods to choose from: credit card, bank transfer, money transfers.. Personaly I buy bitcoin with my credit cards (I have 2) with them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: