Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:03:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why none of pos coin successful?  (Read 1645 times)
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:17:48 AM

no pos coin is successful because they aren't worth anything. i can launch a pos tomorrow for 1btc and pimp it out for all to "profit"

most have ninja premines, scammy icos, or just pure scams.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:22:57 AM

no pos coin is successful because they aren't worth anything. i can launch a pos tomorrow for 1btc and pimp it out for all to "profit"

Don't you see the 9th: NXT, which is PoS coins. The price bounces back over 0.00004700 BTC / NXT level. It built on Java from the scratch. It has many features and a lot of ongoing projects. Behind it the dev team is very active.   
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:29:19 AM

Why none of pos coin is successful?
As we see, PPC once is in the third place in the coinmarketcap, but now, it's out of top 10.

I assume by success you mean marketcap ranking. These winners will not be determined by mining algorithms. Traders and investors generally don't look at code when making financial decisions.
OP ignores one big factor: demand! If the PoS coins are really good and attract many ppl's attention, ppl are buying up the coins. The price of the coins will definitely increase.
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:44:17 AM

Don't you see the 9th: NXT, which is PoS coins. The price bounces back over 0.00004700 BTC / NXT level. It built on Java from the scratch. It has many features and a lot of ongoing projects. Behind it the dev team is very active.    

sorry, i was mostly referring to the newer generation coins.  NXT is an original, before pos coin spam, it has its own problems but it will live on longer than most pos coins.
spud21

Activity: 342

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:28:38 AM

sorry, i was mostly referring to the newer generation coins.  NXT is an original, before pos coin spam, it has its own problems but it will live on longer than most pos coins.

Proof of Stake coin wallets generate new coins by staking your existing balance. Conversely all the NXT coins that will ever exist were generated in its genesis block and its impossible to stake NXT coins.

NXT is not a PoS coin.
o0‡0o

Activity: 227
Merit: 103

Have faith.

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:39:30 AM

Why none of pos coin successful?
Because new pos coins have no significant disadvantage over existing pos coins, which goes on for ever and ever.
Endless "limited" coins.

Get used to it.
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:55:25 AM

Proof of Stake coin wallets generate new coins by staking your existing balance. Conversely all the NXT coins that will ever exist were generated in its genesis block and its impossible to stake NXT coins.

NXT is not a PoS coin.

Wow, an impressive attempt to redefine the crypto landscape  Cheesy

I think you may believe "POS" is shorthand for "POS+Inflation" ? If not POS, then what is Nxt?
spud21

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:01:37 PM

NXT is not a PoS coin.

I think you may believe "POS" is shorthand for "POS+Inflation" ? If not POS, then what is Nxt?

You cannot stake your NXT coins to generate new NXT coins. The term NXT uses is forge because the only block reward for a NXT miner is the transaction fees paid on a particular block. The term forging was chosen to indicate that no new NXT coins can ever be generated.

Kyle1836

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:34:58 PM

PoS coins are more likely to fail then PoW coins because people want to MINE coins, or be able to mine them and stake them.

Kepf

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:46:42 PM

POS coins do the exact opposite what crypto should do... It makes the rich richer which in turn hurts the decentralization. So in short, pos coins are just for pump&dumpers who prey on fools.
Daedelus

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:13:01 PM

NXT is not a PoS coin.

You cannot stake your NXT coins to generate new NXT coins. The term NXT uses is forge because the only block reward for a NXT miner is the transaction fees paid on a particular block. The term forging was chosen to indicate that no new NXT coins can ever be generated.

So how does any of your points support your statement 'Nxt is not a POS coin"? It seems to do the opposite. Unless you weren't finished? 'Nxt is not a POS coin... it is a POS platform.'  Cheesy
spud21

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:25:26 PM

NXT is not a PoS coin.

So how does any of your points support your statement 'Nxt is not a POS coin"? It seems to do the opposite. Unless you weren't finished? 'Nxt is not a POS coin... it is a POS platform.'  Cheesy

The total coins available for Proof of Stake coins increases over time, whereas NXT has a fixed number of coins that remains constant over time. That's why NXT is not a PoS coin.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 04:30:14 PM

POS coins do the exact opposite what crypto should do... It makes the rich richer which in turn hurts the decentralization. So in short, pos coins are just for pump&dumpers who prey on fools.

Give this man a medal!

Not your keys, not your coins!
Nextgen

Activity: 410

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 04:34:47 PM

because there was not any good POS coin launched with fair initial distribution, most coins launched were for quick profit, without a long term view
Daedelus

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:34:39 PM

NXT is not a PoS coin.

The total coins available for Proof of Stake coins increases over time, whereas NXT has a fixed number of coins that remains constant over time. That's why NXT is not a PoS coin.

Your example makes no sense. Though I must have missed the memo from the high commissioner of crypto decreeing as much...  Wink

Daedelus

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:36:07 PM

How about if the rich get richer at the same rate as everyone else?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: