Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:05:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Condolences to the bitcoin die hards  (Read 5425 times)
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4358

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:15:21 PM

My condolences to the bitcoin die hards. You're looking at more slow decline or best case stagnation with some random little pump and dumps during next months while we rock the shit on alts in the foreseeable future. Soome hefty gains happening right now.
Don't get stuck holding a bag. 100% portofolio in old bitcoin is risky business.

#toldyou

ahh another idiot who cant handle Bitcoin, k bey!

This is pretty much a nothing-comment. I think i found a picture of you.

No noob thats you, you dont got a clue what you are talking about. Having fun trolling uss while you making a retard off youreself. You aint a smart guy isnt' it?
Go to another altcoin forum and cry there plz.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:23:43 PM

In my opinion all alt coins are scams. Some more than others.

This is coming from someone who got away with turning $3,000 into $50,000 from trading alt coins between 2013 and 2014 (Lite, Dark, Asia, Liberty, Voot).

I still feel somewhat dirty because I know a lot of people got trapped holding the bags.

Only Litecoin used to be legitimate and Darkcoin dev had good intentions too back then.

Only invest in alt coins if you are inside trading. Never try to chase a pump. You will get rekt.

Litecoin is still legitimate, one of the few coins where there was No premine by Dev.

You also know the term insta-mining, right?

If you closely investigate the addresses, and especially the addresses who received a massive amount of freshly mined litecoins at the very early stage of litecoin, you would see a pattern  Wink
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:24:23 PM

You are welcome to your own opinion.

Good luck picking up some bitcoins at a much lower price that 220 ever for the rest of the year.

Pecunia non olet (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:32:04 PM

This is coming from someone who got away with turning $3,000 into $50,000 from trading alt coins between 2013 and 2014 (Lite, Dark, Asia, Liberty, Voot).

I still feel somewhat dirty because I know a lot of people got trapped holding the bags.

Only Litecoin used to be legitimate and Darkcoin dev had good intentions too back then.

Only invest in alt coins if you are inside trading. Never try to chase a pump. You will get rekt.

Litecoin is still legitimate, one of the few coins where there was No premine by Dev.

If you closely investigate the addresses, and especially the addresses who received a massive amount of freshly mined litecoins at the very early stage of litecoin, you would see a pattern  Wink

Can't be worse than Bitcoin unless it's darkcoin. lulz

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:37:23 PM

Why are you spamming a bitcoin forum if bitcoin is so terrible.

Why not go and post on your altcoin fora instead!
Paashaas
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:56:37 PM

@ Pecunia non olet; If you can't see the potential, then you don't understand the technology.
Pecunia non olet (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:15:30 PM

@ Pecunia non olet; If you can't see the potential, then you don't understand the technology.

Hey Mr. butthurt. 10 minute blocks and no KGW isn't exactly 'up to date'. Bitcoin can do nothing other coins can't do but newer coins can do a lot Bitcoin can't do.

You've made three comments on the thread. Each of them contain content: ZERO
*Derp derpa derp*

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:24:07 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2015, 07:13:16 PM by Amph

i was not talking about pure clone, litecoin is not a non-clone because it use scrypt you know, the same for darkcoin or any other crap release today too, a clone is still a clone, as long as they share the base with bitcoin

it was available to everyone if you missed it it was your fault, i remember there were already video in 2009-2010 and official site(bitcoin.org) was running up by that time

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/History, it's not like it was hidden by satoshi so he could instamine a coin that was worth zero, come on be serious...

The fact remains that bitcoins' distribution is the worst of almost all coins due to the fact that information does not spread as fast.

An altcoin that's 2 years old today normally has a much better distribution than bitcoin had when it was the same age. It is a provable fact that altcoins are much fairer distributed than Bitcoin could ever have been... and people know it and that's why the network effect of Bitcoin will be outdone by any altcoin with a better wealthdistribution on the longterm timeframe.

Bitcoins' networkeffect is inferior to that of popular altcoins on the longterm timeframe.

again the distribution started slowly, because it was something new, something untrusted by any average joe, you can't blame satoshi or bitcoin for that, "they" have nothing to do with it

it is just the mentality of the people that should be blamed, and then it's obvious that with altcoin there were a better distrubution(actually only after doge, this was achieved, before that there was still a niche market and many instamining shit, like quark...), everyone knew about crypto by that time, so they jumped in for every new one
Paashaas
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:18:43 PM

Hey Mr. butthurt. 10 minute blocks and no KGW isn't exactly 'up to date'. Bitcoin can do nothing other coins can't do but newer coins can do a lot Bitcoin can't do.

You've made three comments on the thread. Each of them contain content: ZERO
*Derp derpa derp*

bla bla bla bla

redhawk979

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:05:37 AM

You are welcome to your own opinion.

Good luck picking up some bitcoins at a much lower price that 220 ever for the rest of the year.

I'm so sick of seeing this written as some sort of "you'll be sorry if you don't buy coins now!!!" retort. Here's a more accurate version:

Good luck picking up some bitcoins at a much lower price that 1200, 1100, 1000, 900, 800, 700, 600, 500, 400, 300, 220 for the rest of the year.
harkonnen

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:20:37 AM

My condolences to the bitcoin die hards. You're looking at more slow decline or best case stagnation with some random little pump and dumps during next months while we rock the shit on alts in the foreseeable future. Soome hefty gains happening right now.
Don't get stuck holding a bag. 100% portofolio in old bitcoin is risky business.

#toldyou

lol
if you think bitcoin is risky (which is very true), any altcoins are riskier. Altcoins cannot succeed without bitcoin's success. Bitcoin's success and mass adoption is the ultimate indicator that some altcoins may have a chance of survival.
harkonnen

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:49:45 AM

I have a different perception ... especially of darkcoin which was heavily instamined. In my opinion bitcoin is a ninjalaunch/stealthmine scam too with very bad distribution of wealth. Bitcoin basically represents the concept of "dev premines a coin with his buddies for 6 to 18 months before releasing it to the world". So let's just say ALL coins are scam, honey; not  just every coin except the ones you hold. Alrighty?

On my part i see some legit alts too. I wouldn't say they are all scams. Most of them, but really not all.

I don't see why we actually even use the term "altcoins". In reality it's "cryptocurrency" and bitcoin is not special at all.

You are not seeing bigger picture. It doesn't matter how bad and evil bitcoin is, or how good some altcoins are. Bitcoin is not even first cryptocurrency. But whether we like it or not, it represent THE cryptocurrency. Therefore, if bitcoin fails, mainstream will see THE cryptocurrency failed. If bitcoin succeeds, mainstream will see there are "other" cryptocurrencies. You may feel it's not fair, but altcoins can't get rid of "alt" until main adoption of bitcoin.

bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:06:37 PM

That's what people were saying ,Bitcoin is dead,Mining is dead,We will never break $100,We will never break $1000 And many other.
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:27:17 PM

2016 will be a big year for bitcoin & I believe is the time we really start to see results.

I've already seen that comment in a 2014 Speculation topic saying 2015 will be a big year for bitcoin  Huh but I agree with you this time because in past experiences with Cryptocurrencies, when everyone says the coin is dead, Boom! Skyrocket..
harkonnen

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 09:14:37 PM

2016 will be a big year for bitcoin & I believe is the time we really start to see results.

I've already seen that comment in a 2014 Speculation topic saying 2015 will be a big year for bitcoin  Huh but I agree with you this time because in past experiences with Cryptocurrencies, when everyone says the coin is dead, Boom! Skyrocket..

It's not some fuzzy feeling that 2016 will be a big year. If you look at https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply for projected bitcoins, reward per block will be half(12.5) at the end of 2016. This sudden drop of available bitcoins will trigger price rise.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:15:28 PM

I think I`ll pretty much hold, until some brave soul will fix small details of the memory situation when it does come.

But, until then I`m stilling holding cause its not the price really, its more of where the other countries need this that have financial pressure.
Pecunia non olet (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 11:28:27 PM

You are not seeing bigger picture. It doesn't matter how bad and evil bitcoin is, or how good some altcoins are. Bitcoin is not even first cryptocurrency. But whether we like it or not, it represent THE cryptocurrency. Therefore, if bitcoin fails, mainstream will see THE cryptocurrency failed. If bitcoin succeeds, mainstream will see there are "other" cryptocurrencies. You may feel it's not fair, but altcoins can't get rid of "alt" until main adoption of bitcoin.

I don't agree with this at all. I see comments like this as biased bagholder-talk.
Several alts go mainstream and bitcoin never does, how's that for an idea?  

waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 12:32:41 AM

Why are you spamming a bitcoin forum if bitcoin is so terrible.

Why not go and post on your altcoin fora instead!

Oh please, just look at his avatar that will explain it.. trolls will be trolls.. btc stealthmine? ninjalaunch?  whats next ninjapanda?
centauribit

Activity: 197

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 12:51:39 AM

Bitcoin will not crash in long time I thought, too many people use it and too much interest is around it. There often will be huge fluctuations like this one, because it's a cryptocurrency. There's no reason to worry about crash now. Live for today

techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:11:42 AM

Why would bitcoin ever die?

Its practically used for all the gambling sites.. look at the # of transactions..

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: