Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:18:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KNC Neptune Controller not working $20USD IN BTC BOUNTY!  (Read 1633 times)
Zoomhash_michael (OP)

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:30:52 AM

Hi Guys,

$20 to whoever helps me solve this first. And $10 for the second most helpful.

I received some Neptune Miners from a friend that wants me to host them. We never sold KNC or dealt with KNC ever. It is our first time but we never had so much trouble with a miner...

So long story short, the problem is:

1. The controller LCD lights up but there are no lights on the beaglebone and there is never an output from the controller board. However, if I press the power switch on the beagle bone I can see the power led light up for 0.5 seconds and then turn off every time i press it...

Any ideas to diagnose or fix? Tried inserting an SD card to flash....

Where can I buy spare controller boards for the Neptune if needed?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:34:30 PM

http://www.kncminer.com/support/neptune-setup-and-firmware

1. control the 10 pin cables. they only work in one direction.

2. You can buy used Jupiter Controller.
Anonymailer
aka BitBacco

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 03:19:30 PM

A common problem with Neptune is that the controllers occasionally come very slightly loose from the boards in shipping. Make sure to lightly press down on the beagle and visually inspect where it connects to the board. BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT STATIC ELECTRICITY.

If you're not already, do all diagnostics without any of the Neptune modules connected to the controller board, only power and ethernet connected.

I bought a spare beagle bone black Rev B due to these issues, one of the controllers they sent me was DOA. Never used it though, you can buy that from me if you like. Doubt I'll be running the things much longer.

MacMiner - The first, best and easiest to use native Mac coin mining app: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197110.0

BTC: 12vZf8mjaXvHorXWVWfv7nZspHa8L8kfoG LTC: LLRqwo3YcLqoRyfZRVmUevtd2Y35Vvnt4w
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: