Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:46:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie accounts used for trolling  (Read 1279 times)
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 10:24:04 PM

I think posts should be reviewed before it being submitted instantly for noobie accounts. Might create  more work for mods to moderate the posts and approve or not approve each post but would stop a lot of spam and prevent trolling and any misconduct for new accounts being made until account is at least say 1 to 2 weeks old and then has sections reduced and more sections allowed to post in without moderation of post being submitted for review by mod.

I don't support this. This will be a heavy workload for staffs. It is better to deal with spam after it is made because they will get additional help from people who report posts.

It also makes the honest people who want this community to succeed stand out over everyone else.

Personally, I have reported 389 posts with 98% accuracy.

I gave up submitting after 22 posts and had upto 11 at 100% then gone to 55% and then got banned for a stupid reason and since then I have decided not to report any more unless find it abusive or rude but since things happened I don't report much any more use to like to help out on here but ill let others do that now. Accounts for trolling should just be perm banned and suspended and all related accounts to it.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:41:39 PM

So, there used to be a rules that newbie limited to the Beginners section for a period of time?
I think we need to run that rules again, because it would reducing the amount of spam.

faucet used to be profitable
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 03:50:23 PM

So, there used to be a rules that newbie limited to the Beginners section for a period of time?
I think we need to run that rules again, because it would reducing the amount of spam.

It won't and in fact, it would only increase spam as legitimate users will turn away.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:52:27 PM

I agree. It brought it to a halt last time. I just ignore all the new accounts. If they are still here when they reach an activity level of 14, then I will read them. Most of the spam accounts never get that far.

I think it is time for the nub jail to return. They can still post in the section for new users, but a new account that starts with a ridiculous FUD post should be banned immediately with no recourse. They are junking up the speculation forum with this stuff. And it is not speculation they are doing.

Or maybe we should consider these kinds of posts to be scamming and give them huge negative trust. You can't trust a person who is full of B.S., right?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 11:01:58 AM

Well if the consensus is that we just report these to moderator I will do that but so far when I've treid that I had no success with my report seemingly ignored  Huh

Are there guidlines for what should be reported ?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 11:10:56 AM

Well if the consensus is that we just report these to moderator I will do that but so far when I've treid that I had no success with my report seemingly ignored  Huh

Are there guidlines for what should be reported ?

It seems a bit unclear. Trolling isn't strictly punished, nor is abuse as long as they confirm to all other rules. So newbie accounts created solely for attacking people don't automatically 'qualify' for nuking AFAICT.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: