Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:28:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: UPDATED:(Native Tor wallet and messaging will still be functional after update for TX's only.It will be phased out completely over a reasonable period of time in order for network tx fees to be reduced further or dynamically.)Who would choose the current
(A)  External Tor client allowing Segwit,CSV and all other soft forks. - 8 (53.3%)
(B)  Native Tor client causing major delays and possible stalemate to signalling Segwit,CSV and all nescessary soft forks etc. - 2 (13.3%)
(C)  I am unsure and will leave it to the developers. - 5 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XBC] BitcoinPlus Official Thread  (Read 407723 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 09:47:55 AM

Yes take your coins off the exchange if you have them for sale above original IPO prices.Only place sells once price has reached your expectation and never sell more than 10 XBC at a time.Don't start whinging about price and volume if you are just sitting there on your ass doing nothing.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 07:53:02 PM

Donation addresses are updated on the opening thread.If your coin of choice for making a donation is not listed just let us know what currency you are sending and we will post an address for it.

Cheers
bitcoinplusorg

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 08:01:22 PM

Thanks buddy  Roll Eyes

fudmaster

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 08:34:17 PM

When your marketplace comes out you should limit trading to staked coins only.Basically the exchange resets balances back to wallets and all balance must be transferred an XBC wallet where the wallet ONLY releases staked coins for spending.That way fractions of 1 unit would be way more valuable and the community fund or larger holders would provide the liquidity at the new higher prices and through responsible trading and community cooperation realistic prices and volume could be acheived not only for a marketplace but also for cash outs such as coinpayments etc.It would also ensure staking/mining by the wallets contribute to hashpower and let naysayers sell,dump or whatever after they are fair warned this new system will take effect.

You would of course have to make adjustments with updated wallets and exchange cooperation etc but in the meantime where is my fucking LINUX wallet?Huh
mclovan

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:12:01 AM

Been following this coin for a while now and have some ideas as to how we/you can move things on. I feel that the mood in this forum is a bit touchy at mo so pls dont shoot me down for suggesting things that either just aint going to work or are completely pointless. Its obvious that no one want xbc to die as it has been through a lot over the past year or so and still here - yet its a shame there is sod all trading and very little chatter here other than pleas from devs and a couple of donations. My ideas to present to you are:

Website - Lets get this updated fast!! Wouldnt say it needs complete overhaul but there are some fundamental things that need sorted. About page is referring to coin swap like it has not happened yet. Stake & Funds Distribution along with sustainability should ideally be on the resources page. Same with list of donations. How long is it going to take for Basic Wallet Use Instructions - if its needed? Roadmap should have its own page on website rather than link to a doc?

Wallet - I see last post asking for linux version. Can this happen soon? What would be cost? How long would it take? Who could do it? Again the website refers to it as being available. Mobile wallet coming soon in near future - how soon? When was that post put up? If its going to take a long time or simply not feasible as minute - fine. Personally I like current wallet - easy to use and staking great. Perhaps for next upgrade you could consider building in a staking calculator, links to web/twitter/facebook/forum etc. Also how about incorporating a live trading price update in the wallet?

Im not trying to dis the coin or devs but i luv xbc and want to see it be up with the best. You seem a good team who are standing by this coin and I applaud you for that. You show integrity which is priority with alt coins today.

Over to you - mclovan Grin
bitcoinplusorg

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 11:57:28 AM

When your marketplace comes out you should limit trading to staked coins only.Basically the exchange resets balances back to wallets and all balance must be transferred an XBC wallet where the wallet ONLY releases staked coins for spending.That way fractions of 1 unit would be way more valuable and the community fund or larger holders would provide the liquidity at the new higher prices and through responsible trading and community cooperation realistic prices and volume could be acheived not only for a marketplace but also for cash outs such as coinpayments etc.It would also ensure staking/mining by the wallets contribute to hashpower and let naysayers sell,dump or whatever after they are fair warned this new system will take effect.

You would of course have to make adjustments with updated wallets and exchange cooperation etc but in the meantime where is my fucking LINUX wallet?Huh

Thanks for that fudmaster.Marketplace is on the cards when we have a community that is there to use it and support it just like when we have people willing to trade their coins regularly instead of waiting for price to rise to a level where they can dump and repeat the whole process again.
We hadnt the linux wallet ready at last update and had no choice but to go ahead without it but one will be ready when wallets are retweaked again.We have to contract out all our work as no team member is a developer.They are only community members(some who have lost their initial investment into the previous misrepresentation) who have funded and given their time free of charge to run XBC.

Your idea about the staked coins for sale is interesting and if there is interest among the team and any community/coin holders who wish to give input then we probably could implement it on a test basis.

BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 12:03:27 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 03:33:34 PM by BitcoinPlusBus

Been following this coin for a while now and have some ideas as to how we/you can move things on. I feel that the mood in this forum is a bit touchy at mo so pls dont shoot me down for suggesting things that either just aint going to work or are completely pointless. Its obvious that no one want xbc to die as it has been through a lot over the past year or so and still here - yet its a shame there is sod all trading and very little chatter here other than pleas from devs and a couple of donations. My ideas to present to you are:

Website - Lets get this updated fast!! Wouldnt say it needs complete overhaul but there are some fundamental things that need sorted. About page is referring to coin swap like it has not happened yet. Stake & Funds Distribution along with sustainability should ideally be on the resources page. Same with list of donations. How long is it going to take for Basic Wallet Use Instructions - if its needed? Roadmap should have its own page on website rather than link to a doc?

Wallet - I see last post asking for linux version. Can this happen soon? What would be cost? How long would it take? Who could do it? Again the website refers to it as being available. Mobile wallet coming soon in near future - how soon? When was that post put up? If its going to take a long time or simply not feasible as minute - fine. Personally I like current wallet - easy to use and staking great. Perhaps for next upgrade you could consider building in a staking calculator, links to web/twitter/facebook/forum etc. Also how about incorporating a live trading price update in the wallet?

Im not trying to dis the coin or devs but i luv xbc and want to see it be up with the best. You seem a good team who are standing by this coin and I applaud you for that. You show integrity which is priority with alt coins today.

Over to you - mclovan Grin

Thanks mclovan and I will put those points about the website to the rest of the team members but the issue of links and script were discussed and it seems that due to security and backdoors all links to the site and live feeds to twitter etc were dropped as security for members messages and transactions were the main focus along with privacy.Those were the two primary goals for the upgrade and we know this has been achieved.

We were also looking at a conference ability along with encrypted face time chat etc but again all these things started to complicate the original ideas and add cost even if they were possible to implement.We even had the ability to send timed messages that would delete themselves on the receipients wallet but that was scrapped due to security issues even though it would have been a nice feature and help jazz up the wallet but we still sacrificed style for substance and even didnt add fancy colours or other simple things to help get people interested but stuck with the goal of function.MESSAGING is the most practical and useful tool in a wallet and one that is nescessary come the day people require their wallet to buy and sell things or make a donation not to mention the fact that it has anonymous sending capability that outperforms the best out there with additional hardware/software on the network.

To be honest the most important thing we need is a community to get involved in the decision making process and technical abilities among them so we dont have to keep spending money we dont have to develop these ideas.

Someone or a few out there have ensured that any time the coin attempts to recover in price there is a sufficient push between them to push the price down.TBH the only way we can do this is either with a large trading volume and price recovery to raise funds OR a few developers to come on board  because they want things to happen.XBC community have a good amount of coins in the staking wallet for incentives and this is probably the best time for developers to join and stake their claim.
egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:31:20 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 12:48:21 PM by egghead123

I think most of the balance becomes spendable now and again unless wallet is staking full time so it would take some kind of tweaking to lock all coins into a staking balance?Correct me if I am wrong though
bitcoinplusorg

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 02:59:26 PM

I think most of the balance becomes spendable now and again unless wallet is staking full time so it would take some kind of tweaking to lock all coins into a staking balance?Correct me if I am wrong though

AFAIK the wallet would have to be open and staking 24/7 to prevent coins becoming spendable now and again.The spendable setting only ensures that a certain amount remain off staking so they are always available for spending however maybe a setting like this for staking amount could be possible I am sure.I like the idea where only mined/staked coins can be sold as it would make people work for their money and if they had low cost or even cost neutral power through say running their wallets vehicle/platform/cpu etc off solar or some other free type energy then that would be cost neutral and carbon neutral at the same time apart from initial hardware required but price then would have to be close to btc parity due to low liquidity and requirement for currency to be viable on a marketplace.Sounds like a very interesting idea.

egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:51:06 AM

[/quote]

Thanks mclovan and I will put those points about the website to the rest of the team members

[/quote]

Only 1 team member has access to the website and they are a way for a few days/weeks afaik
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 09:15:32 AM

egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 11:18:32 AM

nice buy wall there on poloniex for anyone wanting to dump their coins
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 11:48:37 AM

Please consider voting on the new poll.If there is something you would like added to the poll just post it her and it will be added for voting.If there is not enough interest poll will be stopped.

Thanks
jokowi

Activity: 867
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 12:55:50 PM

Indonesian Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1141202.msg12032959#msg12032959

Please bounty : BGUGyUfxXhgxuVwc2FumqY2utfhUh7ny2h
bitcoinplusorg

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 01:14:50 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2015, 01:32:21 PM by bitcoinplusorg

Indonesian Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1141202.msg12032959#msg12032959

Thanks for that.Maybe this is a poloniex address?If you download a wallet sync to the latest block I will send you 10 xbc to get started.let me know when you have your wallet synchronised.

jokowi

Activity: 867
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:39:25 PM

Thanks for that.Maybe this is a poloniex address?If you download a wallet sync to the latest block I will send you 10 xbc to get started.let me know when you have your wallet synchronised.

This is my wallet addres ;  BGUGyUfxXhgxuVwc2FumqY2utfhUh7ny2h

BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 04:25:16 PM

This is my wallet addres ;  BGUGyUfxXhgxuVwc2FumqY2utfhUh7ny2h

10 XBC sent to http://bit.ly/1VV06G2

TXID: c4267db30b47994d576f30f868a3ab82f22bb6a450a9f0b1ba307575db2c8ba0
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 11:19:54 AM

We want to hold back on unnescessary spending until the price is reasonable.Remember XBC has less than 75k coins in total and is at a ridiculous low price.It has better features and sustainability structure than some coins valued 10x times higher and a fraction of same coins total amount.The community as a whole own a large stake in XBC so it is in the community's best interest that funds are used prudently to first maintain the network until it becomes more or less autonomous and self sufficient.This can only happen with greater community involvement and cooperation which unfortunately has been lacking to date.We can only do what we pay for and we are not willing to devalue or manipulate prices either.

The market must decide the price and if there is no market then there can be little development.The teams main function as agreed is just to maintain things until further stages are funded.
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:22:02 PM

Add core developer to that poll
jjmv

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 10:38:01 PM

Nice to see some more people around here.  I know that I haven't been around here as much as I normally would lately, but this summer has been a busy one for me.  My fiance has been working nights, I have a 3yr old girl who I pick up most days after work, I have rental 3 rental properties in SC which I maintain (lots of landscaping in the summer), I work a full time IT job (this happens to be busy season), AND I am getting married on August 15th... those of you who are married know the kaos... unfortunately, i've had to move crypto down the priority list.  Thanks egghead and the rest for holding the fort down.

My schedule is wild, but it should get better soon...

I will update the website and make the requested changes during the next couple of days.  Also, I agree that we need a linux wallet as some folks may not have access to windows or mac boxes.  This could be funded asap.  I'll get with the rest of the guys to see what it would cost and post something here soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: