Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:11:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: UPDATED:(Native Tor wallet and messaging will still be functional after update for TX's only.It will be phased out completely over a reasonable period of time in order for network tx fees to be reduced further or dynamically.)Who would choose the current
(A)  External Tor client allowing Segwit,CSV and all other soft forks. - 8 (53.3%)
(B)  Native Tor client causing major delays and possible stalemate to signalling Segwit,CSV and all nescessary soft forks etc. - 2 (13.3%)
(C)  I am unsure and will leave it to the developers. - 5 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XBC] BitcoinPlus Official Thread  (Read 407726 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 07:16:44 PM

my wallet wont sync and shows no connections

My wallet works fine so it must be on your end.Try restarting your internet connection if its slow with the wallet open and if that doesnt work then leave the connection open and close and restart the wallet a few times.

what does the debug show?help>debug>debug logfile.PM it to me if you dont want to post it on the thread.

Make sure you have wallet.dat saved and dump all private keys for each address you have used with the wallet.

There are other things like rescan/reindex etc but just keep trying to open the wallet a few times because obviously if it shows no connections it is either your connection or some other connectivity issue stopping the wallet syncing

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hellar

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:13:57 AM

my wallet wont sync and shows no connections

My wallet works fine so it must be on your end.Try restarting your internet connection if its slow with the wallet open and if that doesnt work then leave the connection open and close and restart the wallet a few times.

what does the debug show?help>debug>debug logfile.PM it to me if you dont want to post it on the thread.

Make sure you have wallet.dat saved and dump all private keys for each address you have used with the wallet.

There are other things like rescan/reindex etc but just keep trying to open the wallet a few times because obviously if it shows no connections it is either your connection or some other connectivity issue stopping the wallet syncing

it is working this morning when i started it up so must have been a slow connection or something but thanks
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 12:06:02 PM

If anyone has had any issues with their wallets or any questions just post on the thread or pm here.If you wish to have a chat about anything remember we are on skype,email and twitter and you can message through the wallet to us also.Just pm for wallet addy.
bitcoinplusorg

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 01:51:19 PM

^^^pm sent

Len

Activity: 177

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:48:45 AM

did this switch over to a new chain? my friend had just over 10,000 xbc and he was at the top of the rich list, spent a lot of money and was just holding them and left on a cold wallet.
has he lost his coins? or can you still swap them over?
Len

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 12:17:28 PM

just found his address i don't know his exact balance but i think it was a few over 10,000. surely he should get his coins back and they should be removed from the stake pot

BEAyMLg2K7efXBmmrCkqTTgtXCdZfzD1Tb
bitcoinplusorg

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 01:54:10 PM

just found his address i don't know his exact balance but i think it was a few over 10,000. surely he should get his coins back and they should be removed from the stake pot

Your "friend" should have swapped his coins over before the deadline passed as he is no longer entitled to make claim to any coins after that date.An extended grace period was allowed by poloniex however that has long expired also.

egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 02:58:19 PM

did this switch over to a new chain? my friend had just over 10,000 xbc and he was at the top of the rich list, spent a lot of money and was just holding them and left on a cold wallet.
has he lost his coins? or can you still swap them over?

Yes its on a new chain.TBH if I had 10k xbc myself I would have ensured they were put on the exchange long before the deadline came.
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 06:03:33 PM

Hi Len ..pm sent
Len

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:38:53 PM

Your "friend" should have swapped his coins over before the deadline passed as he is no longer entitled to make claim to any coins after that date.An extended grace period was allowed by poloniex however that has long expired also.

No the coins are being held in a wallet so they can still be transferred there is no real deadline.
You can't just write peoples investments off to reduce the current available coins to see a slight price increase so people can dump before it dies off again.
And yes it is my "friend" i personally don't understand what the attraction to invest in this coin is but that is just my opinion. And by looking at the order book I think the market agrees. 

Yes its on a new chain.TBH if I had 10k xbc myself I would have ensured they were put on the exchange long before the deadline came.

Me too, but he doesn't even use this site so he was unaware

Hi Len ..pm sent

Thanks just replied, I will ask him to make an account here so he can contact you.

I'm not going to reply anymore about it as it's not my issue, I will ask him to contact you

BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 07:16:34 PM

I am the owner of 10,113 XBC. I do not sit around and religiously watch this thread thinking I gee maybe they are doing a coin swap this month. The legal thing to do would be to set aside the rightful owners coins and swap them when they become aware. My attorney will be examining this, I will also be contacting the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, and a lot more than that. Big criminal and civil investigation coming unless I am swapped in a timely manner.

You still are the owner of your coins on the old network and I suggest you contact seriouscoins and the last development team that abandoned this coin to perhaps continue where they left.This coin has been funded by a few people here who decided to step in and keep it alive so they owe you zero.Making demands and threats are not going to change that fact and if you can prove that you are indeed the owner of those coins that amount will be burned from our network which we funded with our own money.Your coins were your responsibility just like the rest of us took responsibility for ours.Proper announcements were made on all channels including poloniex and a generous time period was given.

Please forward proof of purchase and we will make arrangements to have that amount of coins burned from our network.

Also I suggest you point your threats and intimidation at seriouscoins et al and not a couple of xbc community members who spent their hard earned money and volunteered their valuable time to keep xbc alive.

Also contact poloniex with your account details and explain your situation there and if they wish to mediate with us about this issue ask busoni to discuss it with us.

We wont be discussing anything further with someone who starts a conversation with threats and intimidation and takes his anger out on others due to his own negligence.
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 02:59:50 PM

The fact that you say you would rather burn something I have 5 figures invested I rather then swap me what is mine tells me everything I need to know about who I am dealing with

The fact that you own ten thousand coins and and never noticed that this coin was abandoned months back and failed to do anything says a whole lot more about you.As for myself I am one of the people who have volunteered my time free of charge to help keep this project alive donating over 30% of my holdings and a considerable amount of my own BTC in order to help salvage our community from ruin.

I have also lost over 150 thousand coins on another seriouscoins projects called digital commerce which I have had to absorb along with numerous other coins where developers abandoned their community.XBC plus ran with our funds and seriouscoins left us with the mother of all messes which gave us NO CHOICE but to salvage xbc this.

If it was not for this person you are dealing with ...you would be talking on an empty thread.

Have a super day.
tellitlikeitis

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 01:55:28 PM

I am the owner of 10,113 XBC. I do not sit around and religiously watch this thread thinking I gee maybe they are doing a coin swap this month. The legal thing to do would be to set aside the rightful owners coins and swap them when they become aware. My attorney will be examining this, I will also be contacting the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, and a lot more than that. Big criminal and civil investigation coming unless I am swapped in a timely manner.

You have no standing here to make any demands from these people.XBC was ABANDONED months ago.It was only kept on life support by a few coin holders while they attempted to save up their own money to start a new project where instead of starting a new coin and raising funds from an ICO  where XBC got delisted and effectively died they decided to save anyone with XBC by swapping their coins for the new one without any obligation whatsoever.They are not responsible for your coins because you failed to avail of the offer they voluntarily presented.Your coins are on a network that was abandoned by seriouscoins because you failed to avail of the offer they gave.

They did not swap the coins.They handed the new coin over to poloniex who audited and oversaw the whole process.

If you think there is some form of vicarious liability or responsibility for your funds on people here you are incorrect.There is NO legal responsibility whatsoever on anyone here to go out of their way to comply with your threats and demands.

Your opening engagement is quite intimidating and unprofessional to say the least.If I was in your position I would first have humbled myself in being grateful that someone has tried to assist the community when others stood on the sidelines and did nothing and then apologised for my lack of diligence in looking after my coins.

There are no guarantees or warrantees provided in crypto only that there are very few decent honourable people among the majority of selfish self serving individuals who take all and contribute nothing except negativity and criticism and the people who are currently volunteering on this thread are certainly the former while you seem to be the latter judging by your aggression and arrogance.
hellar

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:37:38 PM

hello my wallet will not sync and have tried open and close a few times?
jjmv

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:55:10 PM

Hellar, is it giving you an error message?  have you tried to rescan and reindex?

By the way... this month's stake is still being held at poloniex due to the fact that we are a little behind with life and have not coordinated the transfer with them...  Unfortunately, things that prevents us from actually being productive keep happening...

I will speak with Busoni during the next few days to get the payout.  The last time that we got a payout was august 7th.  The stake should be from August 7th until now.  I will post the details when wthe transfer has been completed.
hellar

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:46:19 PM

Hellar, is it giving you an error message?  have you tried to rescan and reindex?

By the way... this month's stake is still being held at poloniex due to the fact that we are a little behind with life and have not coordinated the transfer with them...  Unfortunately, things that prevents us from actually being productive keep happening...

I will speak with Busoni during the next few days to get the payout.  The last time that we got a payout was august 7th.  The stake should be from August 7th until now.  I will post the details when wthe transfer has been completed.

hello jjmv,no it opens and has connections but wont sync.i dont know how to recan and reindex?I have saved my wallet.dat and done the private key thing that egghead showed me earlier but dont want to delete the wallet yet for a new one in case it can be fixed.i have sent egghead a message and maybe he can figure something out when he is on here before i delete the wallet as a last resort.thanks
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 08:53:17 AM

hello jjmv,no it opens and has connections but wont sync.i dont know how to recan and reindex?I have saved my wallet.dat and done the private key thing that egghead showed me earlier but dont want to delete the wallet yet for a new one in case it can be fixed.i have sent egghead a message and maybe he can figure something out when he is on here before i delete the wallet as a last resort.thanks

I messaged u there about rescan/reindex option but apart from what we tried before I cant say more than repeat the process again.Sometimes reindex/rescan option doesnt work even when I try it.Use the shortcut option if trying it but make sure you are fully backed up first.
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:04:03 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 10:57:39 AM by egghead123

Eh there were around 9k coins left unclaimed after poloniex audited what was leftover after their swap took place and some of those would also be from mintpal balances.We handed the whole amount over to poloniex so they matched coins with all balances there.It was up to everybody to get their coins onto poloniex and we had to basically give cpr and put the old coin on life support at one stage in order to keep the chain running so people could do this.Nobody here had to do anything for anyone because nobody here is a developer of xbc.The developers abandoned the coin and left us all hanging out to dry.

I lost 650 coins on mintpal and nobody gave me them back.I didnt get them refunded from xbc community either.I also donated 1000 coins to the last crew and have not had them refunded either so if this guy gets anything back I want mine too.

It is 100% his fault he is in this position anyway.Not that I give a flying fuck either but if this guy gets coins back I will be looking for mine also.

egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:13:41 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 11:00:14 AM by egghead123

jjmv contact me dude we need to talk about this.We are spending our days working here for nothing and here we are getting are threats from peeps.There is no way I am going to allow some guy who is making demands for coins he lost due to his own apathy and bad decisions and probably contributes nothing to the community have coins handed out like that.Has he sent you proof of ownership and purchases made on the exchange?How do we know if the old devs have retained balances or witheld coins from a previous episode?How the fuck does somebody have such a huge stack of coins and not even keep an eye on developments for months especially crypto where stuff happens from day to day.I can prove what coins I lost so I will be making a claim if this guy does.
bitcoinplusorg

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 10:08:16 AM

The fact that you say you would rather burn something I have 5 figures invested I rather then swap me what is mine tells me everything I need to know about who I am dealing with. Fortunately another community member had told me what to do to recover my coins.

BEAyMLg2K7efXBmmrCkqTTgtXCdZfzD1TB

9066 XBC were left over after the swap on poloniex so it is impossible that you could make a claim for more.The whole thing was audited by poloniex and it is estimated that a considerable portion of what was left over belonged to balances that were on mintpal.

Your figures dont add up and if it were the case then it would mean the old development misrepresented how many coins were on the chain as we could only calculate what was displayed on the blockexplorer/chain at the time of execution.

Send confirmation from poloniex of what amount of coins you purchased in total and the withdrawl and deposits to that address you have posted so we can calculate these figures.You would certainly not be getting more than what was left outstanding even if we were obliged to give you these coins which we legally are not by the way as we are not responsible for the previous coin which was abandoned.

This is our network bought and paid for by us and not the previous development team and it is at our discretion alone how we would deal with any issue that arises.

It is only through selfless actions that the old coin was not requested to be delisted and a new coin with a new name listed in order to raise funds for development.The previous coin you bought has funds raised through an IPO which were basically taken by the original developer.

We however used our own funds to start what you see here today and raised nothing for its development through any IPO and we are free and clear of ANY liens or encumberances whatsoever nor under any obligation or liability to any third party.

We could have simply went off and started our own new project without this community and left coin holders to deal with their own mess and that of the previous developers.

I will also take the opportunity to kindly ask that you Cease and Desist from further threatening behaviour and any other form of harrasment as I am quite familiar with the legalese associated with laws of contract.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: