Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:24:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: UPDATED:(Native Tor wallet and messaging will still be functional after update for TX's only.It will be phased out completely over a reasonable period of time in order for network tx fees to be reduced further or dynamically.)Who would choose the current
(A)  External Tor client allowing Segwit,CSV and all other soft forks. - 8 (53.3%)
(B)  Native Tor client causing major delays and possible stalemate to signalling Segwit,CSV and all nescessary soft forks etc. - 2 (13.3%)
(C)  I am unsure and will leave it to the developers. - 5 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XBC] BitcoinPlus Official Thread  (Read 407747 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hellar

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:53:57 AM

ihave some amounts arrive in my wallet of .00200001 but it says it came from my own address so I dont know if they came from staking or what but never had so many similiar amounts so does anybody know of this?
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 11:41:06 AM

ihave some amounts arrive in my wallet of .00200001 but it says it came from my own address so I dont know if they came from staking or what but never had so many similiar amounts so does anybody know of this?

Those are probably microtransactions and sometimes the fee increases depending on how busy the network is afaik.It says your own address but the txid should show you where it actually came from unless it was sent from black wallet.

If it was a microtransaction from an xbc team address then normally a message would be sent at some stage telling you that your address was sent to but if you dont have your messaging set up for receiving messages then no message can arrive.

The messaging feature is a practical function that everyone should make use of and the setup instructions are on the OP.
egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 08:55:44 AM

Those are micro transactions and it looks like your wallet is working properly now?
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 04:24:41 PM

I quote our old buddy substrata "Go out on the street and ask people what they really want. Unless we can find some use for XBC outside of uses Bitcoin already has all our efforts, time and money will be a waste."

What he meant was even if you have the best technology and all the latest gizmos and gadgets attached to your project it makes not a difference to its success in the long run.What really matters is market adoption and real everyday use.Right now a marketplace of some kind even if that starts as a centralised version of a later decentralised one is something we should be thinking about.

We had went with high speed and anon and some other features that we thought would generate new interest but to date it really hasnt done a whole lot but of course the two main features especially messaging which is super safe unlike other versions out there will be useful if there ever is a marketplace for dialogue and proof of payment etc so on a practical level that has been a success.

We may take a vote on the anon feature as to its relevance at this time or whether other improvements can be made to the wallet overall however raised funds from staking and a market to sell into will determine what resources are available.
bitcoinplusorg

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 06:02:44 PM

LOL someone sent a message to my wallet saying I had won the nigerian lottery and to give them my addy and private keys for payment Grin

If anyone gets this message  DO NOT REPLY to it!

It was funny though.Thanks for the laugh.

NEVER give anybody your private keys!

BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 12:58:45 PM

Those are micro transactions and it looks like your wallet is working properly now?

I sent some over to the exchange this morning and fee suggested was 0.003?
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 11:55:25 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2015, 12:50:33 PM by egghead123

I sent some over to the exchange this morning and fee suggested was 0.003?

I got that a few times especially after multiple transactions to the same address.If there are little or no transactions on the network the price increases afaik but this has often happened after sending over 50 micro transactions in some cases so doesnt make much sense but it kind of makes its own mind up what is best for the network I suppose
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 12:53:03 PM

LOL someone sent a message to my wallet saying I had won the nigerian lottery and to give them my addy and private keys for payment Grin

If anyone gets this message  DO NOT REPLY to it!

It was funny though.Thanks for the laugh.

NEVER give anybody your private keys!

someone should note that as a "419" error   Cheesy good job you mentioned anyway I am a sucker for those emails telling me some tribal chief left me 100 billion usd in their will
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 02:11:35 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 08:41:37 PM by BitcoinPlusBus

Price is really bad the last few days and no more funds will be used to provide buy support for people to dump into.This team has enough to do maintaining the coin so it's up to people if they want to trade it themselves and create a realistic price and sustainable volume.Without liquidity we are going nowhere anyway.Remember the current XBC is probably the only POS coin that has no funds raised through any IPO/ICO and has actually cost more money in terms of development cost than what the team own among them in their own holdings. If people want to buy let them buy.If they want to sell let them sell and if they want to do nothing so be it.
bitcoinplusorg

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 04:45:34 PM

Price is really bad the last few days and no more funds will be used to provide buy support for people to dump into.If people want to buy let them buy.If they want to sell let them sell and if they want to do nothing so be it.

Well it looks like from here on in the best way to proceed here is to leave the coin to the market to decide.Unfortunately that market lacks liquidity and any volume seen so far has been dumps into whatever buy orders are placed and as the price goes lower it seems people are only accumulating in order to get a slight increase and dump again for a small profit.Even though that is creating some volume it would eventually deplete price.

If the vast majority of xbc'ers dont want to buy and sell coins then what can be done about price or raisingfunds for maintainance and further development.There is less than .5 btc in the poloniex account and that will not last long after server fees and recent expenses due to an unforseen event having us to have block analysis carried out.

So you see basically after doing some developments so far it has made no difference to price and in fact caused some people to try to suppress the price further for some reason that is beyond us but there will be no intervention from now on even if volume is at zero and it is down to community and market to decide if they want this coin to do well on the exchange.

We will not exceed our remit with regards trading or market making activity and will no longer be continuing development until such funds are available to do so.It will be up to the coins own autonomous funding ability to provide such funds and the free markets ability to provide such liquidity in order to convert those funds so developments can take place.

Members will no longer be using their own funds to finance xbc in any shape or form and if a suitable lead developer is found he/she will only be able to work within those funding parameters.Also any new lead developer would be under no obligation whatsoever to do anything until funding is available from auto generation before any of his/her time is put to anything and it would be up to them what is completed.

Any developer who is successful would really be doing xbc a favour working within those parameters and in reality no amount of funding that could be raised at this rate could realistically cover his her time and effort so they would be basically working for free however maybe one day their stake as it grows would be worth something but at this rate of trading it does not look so hot.

BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 09:22:37 AM

only getting 4 connections today?
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 11:01:27 AM

only getting 4 connections today?

I have 7 here
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 08:43:23 PM

I am on 10 now again but that was the lowest number of connections I have seen so far earlier today
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 11:52:52 AM

It should be possible to simply go back to the old xbc by returning to the old mindfox source code and chain.A swap would have to take place again on poloniex and things could be put back to the way they were and the community would have to find their own way to run things and develop xbc in the future and stop it from being delisted on the only exchange it has a hope of ever getting proper volume.After all poloniex should have the wallet.dat containing the total amount of xbc which were swapped?

Then the current source code here could then be used for another project and funds raised through an ICO or it could even be started again POW and then moved onto POS depending on whether miners would contribute to its development probably by selecting only suitable developers as miners instead of miners who contribute nothing and only mine for what they can dump.

bitcoinplusorg

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 02:15:09 PM

JJMV I have sent a few pm's there to inform you that independent block analysis has been carried out on the old chain and is complete.I understand you have worked on secondary verification with poloniex and some other due diligence.

Do you wish for me to submit it for review or post the findings on here.What is the procedure for confidentiality and disclosure etc regarding an individuals right to financial/transaction privacy etc or is that applicable in crypto world?

Can you advise with pm when you get a moment?

Thanks

BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 02:48:16 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 03:18:27 PM by BitcoinPlusBus

The fact that you say you would rather burn something I have 5 figures invested I rather then swap me what is mine tells me everything I need to know about who I am dealing with. Fortunately another community member had told me what to do to recover my coins.

BEAyMLg2K7efXBmmrCkqTTgtXCdZfzD1TB

Hi,

We have undergone a very rigorous analysis of the previous blockchain and all transactions related to BEAyMLg2K7efXBmmrCkqTTgtXCdZfzD1Tb and with further secondary confirmation from another colleague have come to the conclusion that you are indeed the rightful owner of wallet BEAyMLg2K7efXBmmrCkqTTgtXCdZfzD1Tb.

We apologise for any delay or stress that may have occured but can assure it was truly for your investments protection in order to ensure no third party attempted to make claim to your funds.It was made a little more complicated by the fact it seems the wallet sent no transactions ever from it as far as I am made aware however it is none of our business how a coin holder stores their funds.

The suspicion arose when it was a third party name that made first engagement with us on your behalf so we had no option but to challenge the claim until our procedure of dealing with such an event was completed.This procedure that we have used can not be circumvented under any circumstances because once a transfer takes place we have no way of recovering it and the consequences of us sending your coins to some scam artist would be far worse if you the rightful owner turned up later and those coins were gone without any chance of recovery.

Please feel free to download a new wallet through the official link on the website and once everything is signed off by all members arrangements will be made to have funds transferred to your new address.Please use the standard wallet setting without the anon feature for the initial transfer so we can confirm txid.

Please let me take this opportunity on behalf of all the XBC community to welcome you back on board and the very best wishes for your future success.
jjmv

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:55:19 PM

It should be possible to simply go back to the old xbc by returning to the old mindfox source code and chain.A swap would have to take place again on poloniex and things could be put back to the way they were and the community would have to find their own way to run things and develop xbc in the future and stop it from being delisted on the only exchange it has a hope of ever getting proper volume.After all poloniex should have the wallet.dat containing the total amount of xbc which were swapped?

Then the current source code here could then be used for another project and funds raised through an ICO or it could even be started again POW and then moved onto POS depending on whether miners would contribute to its development probably by selecting only suitable developers as miners instead of miners who contribute nothing and only mine for what they can dump.

I wouldn't make the findings public, but that's just me.  I don't know enough about the legalities of it to make that call.  I will say, however, that one of the verification sources was the very much credible Poloniex.  If anyone has any issues or concerns with this, please let us know.  Otherwise...

Welcome back XBC member!
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 05:04:56 PM

jjmv pm sent
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:20:25 AM

I am told the last wallet.dat tested for that is corrupted but it should be fixed sometime today
BitcoinPlusBus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 01:41:30 PM

I am told the last wallet.dat tested for that is corrupted but it should be fixed sometime today

any update here?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: